Calum Elliott is a f****** goal machine!

Groot

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct. It's erse-clenchingly bad. I'd rather watch Two Girls One Cup.

Mmmn,now you've made me hungry.

As for Clum,not only is he finding the net but his overall game is very good.How long til the other Elliot is fit?

It's amazing how many people 'always believed in him'. It's not something that was ever noticeable.

I didn't believe. I thought that he was shit, but nothing would make me happier* than for him to prove me wrong. He's had a good start to the season, and I hope that that continues, but has he really done so yet? No, he's played well four times. The best forward in Scotland, though? A Scotland callup? No. Maybe we'll be able to hope for things like that one day, but not yet.

*This is actually a lie. I'd be happy, but there are things that would make me happier, like if I was able to shit honey for example.

It's amazing how many people 'always believed in him'. It's not something that was ever noticeable.

I seem to remember lots of people saying things along the lines of "there's a player in there somewhere". Sure, there were also a lot who said, "No. No there's not", but lots of people thought it was possible, if unlikely, that clum would come good.

I seem to remember lots of people saying things along the lines of "there's a player in there somewhere". Sure, there were also a lot who said, "No. No there's not", but lots of people thought it was possible, if unlikely, that clum would come good.

Maybe you're right. I'm pretty sure that not all of the people claiming to have 'always believed in him' are being entirely truthful, though (although obviously some will be).

Well done Clum :)

On the whole in your Hearts career you've been pretty awful, but I can't say anything agains you scoring 4 in 4. Feel free to keep it up :thumbsup:

Not a fan of Clum at all, BUT!! I cannot deny that if he keeps this kind of form going he may well prove me and others wrong here's hoping.

MON THE HEARTS!!

I will take the bait DH and AP.

Elliot will out-score Riordan's individuall haul this season.

The only way I will be wrong about that is if Elliot misses too many games through injury... But then that is a different issue.

I'd take that bet! Callum is on form just now but Riordan will score more this season than him cause hibs have got nothing else now Stokes has left.

Well done Calum. Great to see him scoring 4 in 4, and yesterday proves once again he will never be a lone striker. Was crap until Kyle came on, but from then on, he had a very good game. Keep it up.

To say he is the best, or as good as anyone else in the SPL is laughable though.

I am still not convinced that he has a long term future at the club, but he is on a rich vein of form at the moment. Should be, fitness permitting, our first choice striker as long as he plays like this.

Man of the match yesterday for me.

The potential has always been there, i remember a few years back Craig Levein was asked at a shareholders dinner who he thought the best youngster was at the club, he talked up Calum Elliot big time.

Iv'e been waiting for Calum to deliver since then hopefully now is the time.

Are we really arguing the toss over a guy who has scored four in four for a team who couldn't score in a bag of ******s over the last two seasons?

Tell you what, is it any wonder some of our players lack confidence?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Creepy Lurker,

Do a search over my comments and threads, with the name "Elliot" as a search word... Ask anyone on here like alan Part, DH or whoever.

Not only have I said so all along, I will also go so far as to sa that anyone who cannot and has never been able to see so in all this time, really would not recognise a decent player if they fell over them.

I worry about some folks complete lack of footballing nous sometimes and frankly any Hearts fan who has watched the team since 2005 who has never noticed how good a player Elliot is.

... Well sorry but you really aint that good to be honest.

Speedbump,

What would you like to bet on it?

Creepy Lurker,

Do a search over my comments and threads, with the name "Elliot" as a search word... Ask anyone on here like alan Part, DH or whoever.

Not only have I said so all along, I will also go so far as to sa that anyone who cannot and has never been able to see so in all this time, really would not recognise a decent player if they fell over them.

I worry about some folks complete lack of footballing nous sometimes and frankly any Hearts fan who has watched the team since 2005 who has never noticed how good a player Elliot is.

Me too.

Yep, well done lad, never ever doubted him for even a second. Injuries aside he is as good as anyone else in the SPL and deserves his praise more thananyone else in the leage when he turns ir around.

I doubt you'd find a single person in Scottish Football who thinks this.

It's absolutely absurd.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I doubt you'd find a single person in Scottish Football who thinks this.

It's absolutely absurd.

It really is. :rofl:

Deluded beyond belief.

Clum has played well in the games so far but it is only 4 games and we have a long way to go. As fans yes we should be back him all the way to keep his confidence up, even if he does have a bad spell, lets be honest every player goes through one every season but if that bad spell goes on too long then he should be dropped.

To talk of him being one of the best in the SPL is just madness at this stage of the season but he has the potential there if he carries on and also the sam goes for Scotland call up.

As for Ratboy Riordan, :yucky: how dare he even get a mention on this site unless its for dogs abuse

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Partridge,

Terrible choice of name by the way as he is one of my favourite comedy creations of all time while you are about as funny and original as michael Macintire.

I delight at the genius of the laughing smiley as much as the next man and it tickles me even more when it becomes the most significant contribution of someone's posts but... Seriously? Have you no got anything a wee bit better in your locker than a pre-fabricated animation? It gets a bit like conversing with someone who is either extremely innarticulate or just a wee bit special.

Here's a thought laddie, why not put your amazing predictive and inyuitive abilities to the test and wager me something instead? Let's face it, your posts are a wee bitty poor so you might as well young man.

;)

PM me any wager you fancy on the Elliot matter and Ill see if I dissagree enough to take you up on it.

:)

In my opinion, Elliot lacks the pace, and first touch at the moment to be a top drawer player. His decision making is often not quick enough. But he makes some great runs, and works hard. Alongside Kyle he can definitely get into double figures, and if he improves year on year then the rest may come. Keep up the good work Calum.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You take yourself and your supposed football knowledge too seriously, Mothy.

I'll bet you a ton he doesn't make the Scotland squad this year.

Partridge,

Terrible choice of name by the way as he is one of my favourite comedy creations of all time while you are about as funny and original as michael Macintire.

I delight at the genius of the laughing smiley as much as the next man and it tickles me even more when it becomes the most significant contribution of someone's posts but... Seriously? Have you no got anything a wee bit better in your locker than a pre-fabricated animation? It gets a bit like conversing with someone who is either extremely innarticulate or just a wee bit special.

Here's a thought laddie, why not put your amazing predictive and inyuitive abilities to the test and wager me something instead? Let's face it, your posts are a wee bitty poor so you might as well young man.

;)

PM me any wager you fancy on the Elliot matter and Ill see if I dissagree enough to take you up on it.

:)

Mothy,

I agreed with you pretty strongly on the Elliot thread pre-season. But I really think you need to familiarise yourself with the phrase "over-egging the pudding".

Yours in sport, etc etc. :)

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Interesting one smiley...

I like what you did... However I feel it is my prerogative to change it a bit, since I never mentioned Elliot getting into the Scotland squad on this thread once. There are too many factors effecting a Scotland call up that involve more than ability or form.

I would take your bet if it was as follows...

A call up to the squad (full or "B") between now and the end of this season, but all bets are off if he misses six weeks or more back to back through injury.

If interested then PM me your preferred method of payment... Play-piece money in instalments will be considered.

Interesting one smiley...

I like what you did... However I feel it is my prerogative to change it a bit, since I never mentioned Elliot getting into the Scotland squad on this thread once. There are too many factors effecting a Scotland call up that involve more than ability or form.

I would take your bet if it was as follows...

A call up to the squad (full or "B") between now and the end of this season, but all bets are off if he misses six weeks or more back to back through injury.

If interested then PM me your preferred method of payment... Play-piece money in instalments will be considered.

I'll gladly take that bet Muggy.

I don't want your money though, we'll call it a donation to the Hearts youth development. You'll need to remember this as I'll forget for sure.

Away to make my play piece for tomorrow. xxx

Guest Bilel Mohsni

:D

Good sport, no worries. If you are serious then that is decent enough for me. Youth development it is. I have bet way more on much longer odds in the past and as my money would be going to such a good cause?... Aye, why not? Can you be trusted to keep your end of it though? 'Iced gems" "Golden Wonder crisps" and "penguins" don't pay for themselves! :o

Creepy Lurker,

Speedbump,

What would you like to bet on it?

A score note?

Creepy Lurker,

What a pathetic post. Get over yourself.

I didn't mention you by name, chiefly because I couldn't give a flying **** what you think of Elliot. What I will say is that he's now spent five years on and off as a first team player and has a scored a total of 17 goals in over 100 games.

Now, I'm delighted by his form (as I'm sure are we all). If you think that four good games negate five years, though, then I can only assume that you've been blinded by your own bias. This isn't me being negative about Elliot - if he goes on to prove my previous opinion wrong, I'll be absolutely delighted - but I would question anyone who says that he's done anything to prove that he's the best player in the SPL or merit a Scotland callup.

The 'football knowledge' patter is cringe inducing, and I won't rise to it. It isn't the best bit of your post, though: that would be the bit where you told me to: 'ask anyone' and then named a couple of posters for me just in case I was unfamiliar with what is implied by the term: 'anyone'.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

As good as anyone in the SPL... Not the BEST but certainly as good as anyone... All IMO of course, but then how do you for example compare Elliot with Bougherra or Wallace with stokes.

That I suppose comes down to opinions and what you want from a player in relation to his positiona nd age.

I stand by my position on this.

As good as anyone in the SPL... Not the BEST but certainly as good as anyone... All IMO of course, but then how do you for example compare Elliot with Bougherra or Wallace with stokes.

That I suppose comes down to opinions and what you want from a player in relation to his positiona nd age.

Calum Elliot isn't even close to being the best player at Hearts yet you somehow think he's as good as anyone in the SPL.

Bizarre.

jamboinglasgow

The top-scorer in the Championship, Jamie Mackie, has indicated he would like to play for Scotland.

did not know that, thanks for the update.

Bumpy,

Score it is, ratboy v elliot, top scorer in all competitions between now and the end of the domestic season.

Not from now just in total for the season 2010-2011. And it's speedy!!

Of course it's all down to opinions. That goes without saying.

How can you be as good as anyone - which means that no player is better than you - without being the best? Joint best is still best.

:rofl:

"No-one better" than Calum Elliot. That's cracking stuff.

And backing a guy who's scored double figures in the SPL on...er...zero occasions, to score more goals than a guy who's done it 5 times - in fact, every time he's made more than 20 appearances - is classic mug punter behaviour.

Elliot's not even the best striker at Hearts, as well as he's doing just now.

Hat of to mothy for backing a hearts player to the hilt :thumbsup: thats what i call supporting the team and just the help callum will need.But not so sure if callum will be as good as kenny miller but you never know.But all things considered can we not just re-joice in callums new found form :D

Calum Elliot has always had some potential but there is no way he is as good as the best strikers in the SPL. He has been affected by managerial changes etc. but he's had a lot of chances. I'm delighted he is doing well at the moment but it doesn't mean that anyone who has doubted him is wrong. He'll have to perform well over a far longer period to prove himself to be a long-term player for us.

Was at the game on saturday. was not overly keen on the 4-5-1 jj employed.It took Blackies injury to reshape team to a much better looking side.Never seen anyone look so uncomfortable and utterly useless as Rubens at LB. Apart from that the boys looked great. Hopefully Ryan S will cement himself a starting slot in the squad now, i think he's gonna get better and better.Suso was awesome down the flank, but on the other side Temps looks like he needs a bit of practice using his left peg, worked his way into the box on numerous occasions but ran out of ideas when he got there. Apart from the odd niggle they looked great and hopefully with the return of Driver and Rudi, we will be in great shape as an attacking force.

P.S. anyone know how i can watch espn re run of the game without having espn? The cameraman got a good closeup of my son waving at half time by all accounts and would like to see it.

Bumpy,

Score it is, ratboy v elliot, top scorer in all competitions between now and the end of the domestic season.

I'll bet you're Spewing now Mothy...Not only must you have a hangover from hell (you can't have been sober making these bets!), your also going to be ?120 down with your 2 bets on here :teehee:

I hope you're proved right and Billy scores a bucket load while Ratboy misses chance after chance for the rest of the season!! :thumbsup:

Hats off to Calum Elliot, I hope his goalscoring run takes him past 15 goals this season.

However, the following forwards are better footballers than CE;

Stokes

Riordan

Goodwillie

Miller

Kyle

Velicka

Beattie

Naismith.

Still cannae get over this one. An absolute belter.

It's not even admirable to back a Hearts player that much, just ridiculous. It's a clear case of making a silly comment in the heat of the moment and being too stubborn to back down. :rofl: - yes, I used another smiley. Anyway, back to school for me. LOL.

Sumpy, ;)

Okay, seasons total in domestic leage and cup comps, ?20, the Rat vs Billy.

Deal.

It's either speedy or Mr Speedbump!

Deal.

Still cannae get over this one. An absolute belter.

It's not even admirable to back a Hearts player that much, just ridiculous. It's a clear case of making a silly comment in the heat of the moment and being too stubborn to back down. :rofl: - yes, I used another smiley. Anyway, back to school for me. LOL.

:lol:

I woke up this morning and thought this thread must have been in a dream due to it's outrageousness.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Party-girl,

Calm down princess, I got your first post! LOLZ

Okay, hangover? Not too bad actually, I can handle my ale... Besides yours are probably only that bad from all the e-numbers and colours in Blue WKD. ;)

As for betting 120 on a couple of wagers... Good grief guys, hardly going to leave me in the grubber IF I lose and the largest part would be going to the same Hearts youth development that provided me with the subject of my wager anyway.

Am I going to win either bet? Who knows? That is the beauty of the wager, makes it interesting to me and I am pretty sure that if Calum stays injury free the goals will come and as Levein knows all about him already I can see him getting the squad-nod (full or B) purely on the amount of goals he will bag this term. I have more fear of injury scuppering my Ratboy v Billy bet tbh, something I was carefull to cover myself for in our one.

How was your play-piece?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Speedy,

Pretty sure you aint me chum either... Don't even know you, just reacting in kind to your reasonably polite manner when conversing with me.

Happy to bet with you Gonsales, just reasonably impressed that someone who I probably share very little in common with is decent enough in this matter not to act all hollier than thou... Happy to wwager with you 'chum' its really not something I am going to soil me knickers over, you know?

;)

Guest JamboRobbo

I'd like to bet 1000 pounds that Calumn Elliot won't fly to mars in a chocolate powered speedboat within the next 8 months. Any takers?

Archived