Zal Looking For ?20K P/w!

Bootboy100

Charlie-Brown

i'm still hoping he stays but i'm also hoping we don't pay him any more than the other senior players are getting. if he thinks he's outgrown what we can offer within our structure then fair enough. he's not in the ?20K per week bracket for us but he could feasibly get something close to that elsewhere. anybody who believes it's impossible for him to get a similar deal somewhere is probably allowing their exaggerated scepticism of him as a player cloud their judgement.

example - michael stewart in turkey.

if he leaves he'll get a good deal, i have no doubts at all.

Teams pay stupid money all over europe - McGeady 40K per week in Russia, M.Stewart 15K per week in Turkey - more incredibly Billy Mehmet 10K per week

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Marmeladent?rtchen

Bouzid, Barr, Jonsson, Kucharski, R.McGowan, Mrowiec, Wallace, Palazeulos, D.Mcgowan can all play there if needed - we don't need multiple dedicated players for every position.

I agree; we don't need multiple dedicated players for every position, but some experienced cover especially at centre back.

IMO with Zal out/AWOL we only have 2 experienced first team centre backs.

From your list.

Bouzid, Out and out centre back.

Barr, centre back and right back.

Kucharski, Think he is right back but does not seem up to the grade and never gets a game. (Surprised he was not loaned out.)

Wallace, Stick on left back, can cover CB but rather he did not.

R.McGowan, D.Mcgowan, Youth guys, not yet first team, hope they get a chance, and hope the get it.

Jonsson, Mrowiec, Could cover.

Palazeulos, Not really at Centre back IMO.

Also

J Thompson, not sure about him at CB.

C Thompson, more right back.

Rudolf's Mate

Am I the only one who thought it was strange that we gave him the captaincy? It also looks like this could have gone to his head and maybe he thinks that by being captain he'll be able to command more dosh!

Teams pay stupid money all over europe - McGeady 40K per week in Russia, M.Stewart 15K per week in Turkey - more incredibly Billy Mehmet 10K per week

exactly. it's wishful thinking to suggest he's incapable of getting a hefty wedge elsewhere.

i thought he wanted to stay here. living in the UK is an attractive thing for people. i hope he weighs up the pros and cons of moving on for more money and ends up realising he's as well to stay here for a couple more years.

i'm still hoping he stays but i'm also hoping we don't pay him any more than the other senior players are getting. if he thinks he's outgrown what we can offer within our structure then fair enough. he's not in the ?20K per week bracket for us but he could feasibly get something close to that elsewhere. anybody who believes it's impossible for him to get a similar deal somewhere is probably allowing their exaggerated scepticism of him as a player cloud their judgement.

example - michael stewart in turkey.

if he leaves he'll get a good deal, i have no doubts at all.

FFS vic we are in agreement. Whether Zaliukas is a wonderful player or not he will be a huge loss to our current best 11.

As for Charlie Browns pesh about the other 'options' :woot:

One thing that this all proves once and for all is that Romanov is no racist. Even all his own 'lads' fall out with him. Thats at least 3 of the current national squad who have left / are leaving on bad terms with us. I think we can safely say that part of the experiment is over.

Charlie-Brown

I agree; we don't need multiple dedicated players for every position, but some experienced cover especially at centre back.

IMO with Zal out/AWOL we only have 2 experienced first team centre backs.

From your list.

Bouzid, Out and out centre back.

Barr, centre back and right back.

Kucharski, Think he is right back but does not seem up to the grade and never gets a game. (Surprised he was not loaned out.)

Wallace, Stick on left back, can cover CB but rather he did not.

R.McGowan, D.Mcgowan, Youth guys, not yet first team, hope they get a chance, and hope the get it.

Jonsson, Mrowiec, Could cover.

Palazeulos, Not really at Centre back IMO.

Also

J Thompson, not sure about him at CB.

C Thompson, more right back.

I listed 9 players I could also have added Matty Park in as well - how often would be we be decimated by injury at centre back positions that 9-10 players as possible options wouldn't be enough cover?

FFS vic we are in agreement. Whether Zaliukas is a wonderful player or not he will be a huge loss to our current best 11.

heh heh! it's bound to occur once in a while. i now expect a visit from halley's comet... quickly followed by a total solar eclipse.

I listed 9 players I could also have added Matty Park in as well - how often would be we be decimated by injury at centre back positions that 9-10 players as possible options wouldn't be enough cover?

Good to see you sticking with the quantity over quality mantra oh so dear to this regime.

Charlie-Brown

One thing that this all proves once and for all is that Romanov is no racist. Even all his own 'lads' fall out with him. Thats at least 3 of the current national squad who have left / are leaving on bad terms with us. I think we can safely say that part of the experiment is over.

Novikovas is still here, Snapkauskis and Kaputis are in the U19's - there was a Lithuanian U21 on trial pre-season that went home injured. Kello & Mrowiec got permanent Hearts contracts ......... the revolution never ends! :)

Good to see you sticking with the quantity over quality mantra oh so dear to this regime.

no so much quantity now though we`ve got shot of a fair few in this window. 10 or 11 by my reckoning.

Am I the only one who thought it was strange that we gave him the captaincy? It also looks like this could have gone to his head and maybe he thinks that by being captain he'll be able to command more dosh!

Don't think it was strange, a bit of a stick on if you had asked at the start of pre-season.

Novikovas is still here, Snapkauskis and Kaputis are in the U19's - there was a Lithuanian U21 on trial pre-season that went home injured. Kello & Mrowiec got permanent Hearts contracts ......... the revolution never ends! :)

Just for further reference Chuck ol' boy -

Kello is Slovakian and Mrowiec is Polish. Not Lithuanian.

Just to save you any further embarrassment :thumbsup:

Just for further reference Chuck ol' boy -

Kello is Slovakian and Mrowiec is Polish. Not Lithuanian.

Just to save you any further embarrassment :thumbsup:

Ah, but Romanov is Russian. Explain that one! :P

I'm no buying he's a huge loss to the team. We've lost more games with him in the team since he came here than we've won.

Charlie-Brown

iam saying we don't need to buy another centre half -we're already well covered with several players as options for almost every position or are you saying we need to add more again?

I wonder how this squad ever managed to endure a season?

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/spics/1983-8401.htm

iam saying we don't need to buy another centre half -we're already well covered with several players as options for almost every position or are you saying we need to add more again?

I wonder how this squad ever managed to endure a season?

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/spics/1983-8401.htm

with the help some of these other guys.

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/spics/1983-8402.htm

but i think we should get by till xmas with what we have.

Charlie-Brown

with the help some of these other guys.

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/spics/1983-8402.htm

but i think we should get by till xmas with what we have.

yes we can recall other players from loan in december if need be however if we can manage to get by till january then unless we get some serious injuries why can't we get through the whole season?

I'm no buying he's a huge loss to the team. We've lost more games with him in the team since he came here than we've won.

I've no idea if your statement is correct or not but I can say for definite the current Hearts first 11 given the options we have is a worse team without Zaliukas (whether one thinks he is good, average or poor). He is easily our best current centre half. NB that does not make him worth 20k a week and it does not mean he isn't a complete tube. What is does mean its another tranfer situation handled appallingly and means we have to change captains yet again and have no opportunity to replace him.

Its hardly the influx of a few seasons ago is it ? The well is dry no ? Novikovas (if he turns out a player) will soon realise just like Miko and Chesney that Romanov does not have their best interests at heart.

it is correct, you can check the stats at London Hearts.

My point wasn't that he's no the best CH we have, he probably is. It's that his loss does not, imo, significantly weaken the team. Barr and Bouzid are reasonable alternatives and we're no going to collapse in the middle without him. Lee Wallace would be a huge loss. Zaliukas, no so much.

I don't disagree about the handling of this, it is characteristically shambolic, I just am not losing any sleep over him going. We've lost far better centre halves over the last few years than him.

Its hardly the influx of a few seasons ago is it ? The well is dry no ? Novikovas (if he turns out a player) will soon realise just like Miko and Chesney that Romanov does not have their best interests at heart.

Correct. Romanov has solely HMFC interests at Heart.

Whether it is Lithuanian Zal, Scottish Webster or Portugese Jose, the only thing our leader is interested in is the interests of HMFC.

Thank you King Vladimir.

Charlie-Brown

I would say wanting them / or any player to play well and sell them onto a top league or top club was having their best interests at heart wouldn't you? Those players that want to go their own way unlike C.Gordon & C.Berra and cut the club that has given them the opportunity and platform to further their career (A.Johnston, P.Ritchie, A.Webster, J.Goncalves etc spring to mind) out of earning a transfer fee for them are much less deserving of sympathy in my opinion.

Correct. Romanov has solely HMFC interests at Heart.

Whether it is Lithuanian Zal, Scottish Webster or Portugese Jose, the only thing our leader is interested in is the interests of HMFC.

Thank you King Vladimir.

:thumbsup:Well said that man!

Long live King Vladimir,

God save the King

:ninja:

Marmeladent?rtchen

As I said "IMO with Zal out/AWOL we only have 2 experienced first team centre backs." Which are Barr and Bouzid. Take one out with, say a fractured skull, then we don't have any experience to fall back on. Short term cover we are fine with.

You kinda got my point.

How many games did Zal actually play last season with all his red cards?

Bouzid's contract runs out this summer doesn't it? So does that mean that he will be binned out the team in January if he doesn't sign a new deal?

Plenty of good CB's without a club out there who could come in if Vlad does bin Zal, but I just don't trust that Barry Anderson has the sources in Lithuania which would ratify the claim he wants ?20k per week. Sounds to me like a journo trying to unsettle a player before a big match!!!

boabyarsebiscuit

Why did we leave it so long before having talks with him. Surely they should have been done before the window closed,so we could get someone in to cover.

Indeed. Mr Romanov took his eye off the ball on this one. Back in January he could have pocketed a fee for Zaliclueless (there was an offer). He should have asked number 26 to commit then, and if he refused then at least VladiADVERTISEMENTmir (sic) would have got some money through his Kaunas front company.

Mr Romanov must be fuming, especially seeing he made Jefferies make Zaliclueless captain.

Free to Russia / Ukraine in the new year with a bumper signing on fee. Looks like Zal out-Romanoved Mr Romanov. LOL.

yes we can recall other players from loan in december if need be however if we can manage to get by till january then unless we get some serious injuries why can't we get through the whole season?

comes down to quality for me charlie, i think zal was our best central defender, given my opinion it would be a step backwards not to replace him. wallace or/and jonsson will feature in central defensive roles as soon as bouzid or/and barr are injured or suspended and they are better played elsewhere.

Indeed. Mr Romanov took his eye off the ball on this one. Back in January he could have pocketed a fee for Zaliclueless (there was an offer). He should have asked number 26 to commit then, and if he refused then at least VladiADVERTISEMENTmir (sic) would have got some money through his Kaunas front company.

Mr Romanov must be fuming, especially seeing he made Jefferies make Zaliclueless captain.

Free to Russia / Ukraine in the new year with a bumper signing on fee. Looks like Zal out-Romanoved Mr Romanov. LOL.

do you remember the good old days boaby?

beer was a pound a pint.

there was always something on telly.

4-3-3 was the preferred formation.

the vladADVERTISEMENTimir joke was funny.

reading some posts on this thread and other recently i got quite sad. see when folk on here start wanting something other than the best 11 players on the park and the best results during the season then those people have serious issues.

many opinions are based on being proved right (at all costs) or anti-vlad, pro-vlad whatever. all irrelevant to what actually matters?

Charlie-Brown

traitor.jpg

:)

How many games did Zal actually play last season with all his red cards?

Bouzid's contract runs out this summer doesn't it? So does that mean that he will be binned out the team in January if he doesn't sign a new deal?

Plenty of good CB's without a club out there who could come in if Vlad does bin Zal, but I just don't trust that Barry Anderson has the sources in Lithuania which would ratify the claim he wants ?20k per week. Sounds to me like a journo trying to unsettle a player before a big match!!!

Can't always rely on soccerbase for accuracy but they're usually there or thereabouts...it was the season before last (2008/2009) when Zal picked up around 4 red cards but apparently he still played at least 28 league games and 3 cup games. Scored 2 goals as well.

Last season he played 21 league games and 3 cup games again. No red cards and a relatively small number of yellows too actually at around 3 I think, which isn't bad at all for a player in his position I s'pose...

I can't stand the slippery wee bugger but I do recognise that losing him would weaken our squad somewhat. But then, the same could be said for the vast majority of our current first picks.

Have you spoken with Zaliukas, Magnoem? You seem certain that it's incorrect and I just wondered why you might be so sure?

For the record, some people were irritated by his behaviour long before this story came to light.

I am sure for several reasons but not going in to detail on that. So whether you take my word is your choice. Anyway if you want some simple public clues just take a look at the previous Hearts statements of players leaving and see if you find any patterns :)

I don't really like Zaliukas too (for unrelated reasons), but even him not deserve this treatment.

Whichever way you look at this just 3 games into the SPL season to find ourselves with this mess and distraction is an absolute joke. And for it to be the club captain at that. What a shambolic way to run a football club.

Romanov met with the defender in Kaunas ahead of Lithuania's Euro 2012 qualifier against Scotland but talks have so far failed to yield an agreement.

"We had a chat but nothing was solved," said Zaliukas, who rebuffed reports he is demanding ?20,000 per week.

"Now that I'm the captain of course I'm enjoying it over there but we will see what is going to be."

They should have sold tickets for this summit meeting in the Heavyweight Ringpiece division.

portobellojambo1

With regard to the attached source lets just say the present club captain is, in part, telling the truth, in that he didn't ask for ?20,000 per week. What he asked for was a salary that would ensure he had ?20,000 per week in his back pocket, after all deductions.

Drylaw Hearts

With regard to the attached source lets just say the present club captain is, in part, telling the truth, in that he didn't ask for ?20,000 per week. What he asked for was a salary that would ensure he had ?20,000 per week in his back pocket, after all deductions.

If true PJ1 then he's a bigger doughnut than I thought.

Sometimes players don't want to stay and they can maybe ask for quite a lot more knowing they've got no chance of getting it.

This should have been sorted out weeks and weeks ago to avoid the club and JJ looking stupid for appointing a captain that had no intention of staying beyond the 5 months he had left on his deal.

If true PJ1 then he's a bigger doughnut than I thought.

This should have been sorted out weeks and weeks ago to avoid the club and JJ looking stupid for appointing a captain that had no intention of staying beyond the 5 months he had left on his deal.

That's one full transfer window and two "contract rebel" disputes now. It will be interesting to assess JJ's demeanour the next time he pops his head above the parapet. :whistling:

Seymour M Hersh

You have to admire his self belief!

However you have to question his mental state.

Nowhere in the world will he be able to command ?20k netto. Fact!

pretty obvious he doesnt want to be here.

I posted some time ago the attitude I witnessed from him at training and at the time he was acting captain with a good chance of getting it for keeps, was wishing the season away and showing a very bad attitude in front of a young squad. It has always baffled me how he got the job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a player I do rate him but prone to lapses fairly frequently and nowhere nearly as good as he obviously thinks. Been said and I agree, he is setting his target too high on purpose to get a move. Ship him out and get in someone with a better attitude and more sensible demands although until this window we are stuck with what we have got.

Maybe an opportunity for Ryan MCGowan to show what he can do if the other senior players are out or not performing

Maybe if Kenny Miller and Steven Naismith rip him a new one tonight, he'll get the wake up call we're still waiting nearly 4 years on he's been needing.

Drylaw Hearts

I've been telling this to "anyone who would listen" for several days now.

:teehee:

Charlie-Brown

Today's banderson update

Hearts chief warns Zaliukas over wages http://www.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Hearts-chief-warns-Zaliukas-over.6511005.jp

Published Date: 03 September 2010

By BARRY ANDERSON

Marius Zaliukas is to have further contract discussions with Hearts next week but the club captain faces being frozen out of the team or returning to FBK Kaunas if he does not reduce his wage demands.

Sergey Fedotovas, a Tynecastle director, confirmed today that Hearts will not play players who fail to show genuine long-term commitment. He said the club will continue the approach taken previously with Andy Webster and Jose Goncalves, both of whom

ADVERTISEMENTwere excluded from first-team matches during contractual disputes.

Zaliukas has requested a salary in excess of ?1million per year before tax ? equivalent to more than ?20,000 per week inclusive of bonuses ? to join Hearts permanently. His loan from FBK Kaunas is due to expire in December but Fedotovas and Vladimir Romanov, Hearts' majority shareholder, have rejected his demands and another meeting is planned next week.

Fedotovas explained that Zaliukas must underline his dedication to the club by signing a deal or face the prospect being omitted.

"It is too early to say about this but generally the policy of the club is to play players who have a contract; players who are committed to playing for Hearts and focused on the club for long periods," he told the Evening News.

"The policy is that we do not wish to play players who do not have this commitment. The discussions with Zaliukas are continuing. There is nothing that prevents us from speaking to him or making a deal.

"Definitely after the international matches we will have a meeting with him. Whether that would be in Edinburgh or Lithuania I don't know.

Marius still has a contract with Kaunas until the beginning of August next year so he is technically a player still under contract."

Asked if he believed Zaliukas is committed to Hearts, Fedotovas replied: "I would say the true statement of that would be him signing a contract with Hearts.

"Before we see that he wants to sign a contract, I would not be able to say that."

Drylaw Hearts

Today's banderson update

Hearts chief warns Zaliukas over wages http://www.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Hearts-chief-warns-Zaliukas-over.6511005.jp

Published Date: 03 September 2010

By BARRY ANDERSON

Marius Zaliukas is to have further contract discussions with Hearts next week but the club captain faces being frozen out of the team or returning to FBK Kaunas if he does not reduce his wage demands.

Sergey Fedotovas, a Tynecastle director, confirmed today that Hearts will not play players who fail to show genuine long-term commitment. He said the club will continue the approach taken previously with Andy Webster and Jose Goncalves, both of whom

ADVERTISEMENTwere excluded from first-team matches during contractual disputes.

Zaliukas has requested a salary in excess of ?1million per year before tax ? equivalent to more than ?20,000 per week inclusive of bonuses ? to join Hearts permanently. His loan from FBK Kaunas is due to expire in December but Fedotovas and Vladimir Romanov, Hearts' majority shareholder, have rejected his demands and another meeting is planned next week.

Fedotovas explained that Zaliukas must underline his dedication to the club by signing a deal or face the prospect being omitted.

"It is too early to say about this but generally the policy of the club is to play players who have a contract; players who are committed to playing for Hearts and focused on the club for long periods," he told the Evening News.

"The policy is that we do not wish to play players who do not have this commitment. The discussions with Zaliukas are continuing. There is nothing that prevents us from speaking to him or making a deal.

"Definitely after the international matches we will have a meeting with him. Whether that would be in Edinburgh or Lithuania I don't know.

Marius still has a contract with Kaunas until the beginning of August next year so he is technically a player still under contract."

Asked if he believed Zaliukas is committed to Hearts, Fedotovas replied: "I would say the true statement of that would be him signing a contract with Hearts.

"Before we see that he wants to sign a contract, I would not be able to say that."

Bye Bye Zal.

Archived