Zal Looking For ?20K P/w!

Bootboy100

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's one slow defence. I like both players but Bouzid is so slow and gives away a lot of fouls and Barr has looked shaky this far and is yet to prove he can step up to the level required (not to say he won't).

So Zal leaving/not playing is a big loss - not just cos he is our best centre half (which he is by a long way), but

because it impacts on the rest of our team as we no longer have natural cover in that position...

Our lack of drive from midfield means we need Eggy in there as much as possible and, while I like Lee at CH and it's a great string to his bow, we'd lose so much forward impetus without him flying up the left.

So that leaves Kucharski who just isn't fancied and McGowan who is viewed more as a midfielder. We basically only have 2 CHs at the club.

was under the impression mrowiec was decent in defence

Why doesn't the clown just say he wants to leave? Why engineer anything if your contract has 6 months to run? Unless you are a money grabber or just a knob perhaps.

He will be off to Russia where he might actually get that kind of money.

Cheers Zal - but you are not worth that.

Astonishing.

MZ - just **** off.

Our days of being a cash cow for greedy, over rated, prima donna, arsehole 'footballers' are over.

Ta ra.

thirdyboy1976

If thats true...then he can gtf. Players that play hard ball have to be sure that they have the quality to carry that threat through. If Zal has to end up finding another club, I would put my next pay that it's not a huge club & he won't be earning ?20k p/w

The press strikes again. Apparently everything was ok at tynecastle but negative news has to come to keep those maggots in a job.

The sun had a 6 month headline 'turmoil at tynecastle' and tbh, their inbred cousins this side of the country aint any better.

Everywhere in Scotland the press seem to be victimizing any team that could have a chance to get near the OF trying to cause disruption before they start.

Journalists are the slime of humanity, they hide underneath your boots like dog sh*t then appear when you are all positive just to remind you how screwed up scottish football is and will always be while the OF are in the SPL.

Only way to cure that is to get the OF fecked off south of the border asap...then we will see how many of these 'journalists' actually support lesser teams or whether they do a charlie nickerless and p*ss off with the ugly sisters down south and share soapy baths with alan hanson and co..

Rant over

Well ranted!!!

why is everyone getting leeds utd its obv, a typo and its ?2000 he is after..................

i know its a bit much but he may be worth a gamble at those wages........... :woot:

If thats true...then he can gtf. Players that play hard ball have to be sure that they have the quality to carry that threat through. If Zal has to end up finding another club, I would put my next pay that it's not a huge club & he won't be earning ?20k p/w

I was told by a journalist that he has no intention of signing and the demand of 20k pw is merely a ploy to get a move. No one in Scotland could pay that (so forget the OF) and even Championship sides would only pay that for proven strikers or as an investment in a prospect. So, the conclusion is, he must see Russia as a pssibility. Either way he would seem to have played his last game and he has succeeded in leaving egg on JJ's face as he was the manager's choice of captain. In hindsight it should have been Jonsson.

Radioactive Mince

20k a month would be pushing it. Seeing as several posters have apparently confirmed the validity of this story, all I have left to say is:

BYE - YOU UGLY, ARROGANT JOBBY.

As one goes time for another to step up to the plate. Matthew Park. The guy is now 23 and a good athlete. Can play LB or CB. Pity no reserve league to give him match practice but it might be a case of sink or swim!

Have no time for Zaliukas as a player but don't think that this story rings true.

Surely somebody in football has told him that his career has peaked with a club of Hearts' level?

As far as I am aware there has never been any speculation about Zaliukas signing for anyone else. Where does he think he would get a good contract if he 'engineers' a move out? After 5 months of no football or Kaunas reserve games? It doesn't ring true.

That all said, I would be delighted if he leaves in January and JJ is able to find a replacement to come in then. But freezing out players continues to be a foolish strategy.

Have no time for Zaliukas as a player but don't think that this story rings true.

Surely somebody in football has told him that his career has peaked with a club of Hearts' level?

As far as I am aware there has never been any speculation about Zaliukas signing for anyone else. Where does he think he would get a good contract if he 'engineers' a move out? After 5 months of no football or Kaunas reserve games? It doesn't ring true.

That all said, I would be delighted if he leaves in January and JJ is able to find a replacement to come in then. But freezing out players continues to be a foolish strategy.

It is true, Coco.

i hope he stays but those demands are drug induced surely.

i reckon it might just be a marked being thrown down to try and get a good deal but i also reckon he's dreaming if he thinks he can squeeze any more out of romanov than he would otherwise. not happening.

It is true, Coco.

Cheers.

Any thoughts on where he thinks he is going to get a better club than Hearts? Or is it a personality issue with other people at the club?

Cheers.

Any thoughts on where he thinks he is going to get a better club than Hearts? Or is it a personality issue with other people at the club?

He just wants to move away from Hearts as far as I know. He has some issue with the club.

Its a bit of joke that he was made captain and now he's acting like this.

1. He is not captain material and should never of been made captain.

2. He's a good player but he's not a great player.

3. He's made more mistakes in a hearts jersey than he's had man of the match performances.

4. He's obviously a greedy bar steward that thinks he's better than he is.

Would we miss him if he went?

Doubt it.

As one goes time for another to step up to the plate. Matthew Park. The guy is now 23 and a good athlete. Can play LB or CB. Pity no reserve league to give him match practice but it might be a case of sink or swim!

the thing that gets me is he is a 23 year old who hasn't been given any first team games despite the injury list we had last season. how good can he be?

If true pump his contract back to Kaunas now and make Wallace club captain.

Please dont. I would like to keep Lee here and being Captain appears to be the kiss of death to a players Hearts career.

Russian transfer window's still open isn't it? Hopefully someone comes in for him and he can get away.

I've no particular issue with Zal. Pricing the club out of keeping you is a bit of a stupid way of letting them know you want to go but all players leave at some point.

I quite like him as a player but he has his faults and I know he won't be missed by a large section of the support so hopefully his agent can find him a club in Russia and everyone can move on.

Drylaw Hearts

He just wants to move away from Hearts as far as I know. He has some issue with the club.

The club or the club's owners ?

I have been saying for a long, long time Zal would not be here beyond his loan period - he has never looked like he really cared or was that interested in Hearts.

I'm happy that he's leaving but I'm p'd off with VR for leaving it so late to sort this out as we are now a CH down.

The club or the club's owners ?

I have been saying for a long, long time Zal would not be here beyond his loan period - he has never looked like he really cared or was that interested in Hearts.

I'm happy that he's leaving but I'm p'd off with VR for leaving it so late to sort this out as we are now a CH down.

Similar to my own position really, although I actually rate Zaliukas as a player, so am dissapointed to lose the player if not the man. Anyway we move on....

portobellojambo1

Is it just me, but I find it strange that the full details have being given to the press ? This appears to be a pr job for the club to openly slate a player. Zal is welcome to try and get what ever he wants, but the club is also entilted to tell him to gtf and freeze him out !

I suspect the basis of the story has been plucked from, well, JKB. However, I think it is a reasonably accurate depiction of what he has asked for, but by all accounts discussions may not yet be concluded, although it will be Zaliukas that has to give, by a feckin huge margin.

I think he knows Romanov wants to make money on him if he can, and has therefore used this as a gambit to test him, which may backfire big style. He has put in a demand that he probably knew Hearts would reject out of hand. If he now fails to come to a mutually acceptable arrangement he could find himself frozen out until December and then moved on to somewhere he doesn't want to go, or stuck back in the Kaunas team, in whatever division they are presently operating in.

As I said on the other thread that was running I don't really care if he goes. I think we have ample cover for both central defensive positions.

Drylaw Hearts

If you actually believe this, check out Zal's FB status - I think that says it all!

As a non-Facebooker I am unable to check out his status.

Wow, just when I thought that the good news of the transfer window was enough, it now seems that we have seen the last of the enormously overrated Zaliukas.

I for one am delighted at this news. Whilst I recognise we could do with a replacement, I have absolutely no doubt that this toley will be replaced with relative ease.

Best.....transfer.....window...of....all...time.

Teuchterjambo

Have to say I'm loving this - the guy is an arrogant erse with a hugely over estimateed opinion of himself.

He has consistently shown disrespect for the fans with his attitude and continues to show disrespect in this situation. He took the captaincy of the club knowing full well this situation was likely to arise and showed disrespect to the Manager, the club and the fans by taking on a responsibility that he knew he was never going to be able to carry out. He has on several occasions had a pop at fans during games and most notably when he started to defend Kingston to fans when Kingston was getting booed off the park - anyone with an ounce of sense would have know to leave it in that situation. That is what I think of him as a man and why JJ made him captain well who knows although we might want to have a guess but that's another story !

As a player - why he gets lauded on here by a significant number of people is beyond me but that's their opinion - mine is that he is a very average player and although we might miss him a little at first, long term he was only going to restrict the progress of others.

I for one will be glad to see the back of him both as a player and as a man - go on Zal away you go son, your ability and integrity will never catch up with your ego - shut the door, actually you weren't very good at that either !

Along the lines of "Barry anderson from evening news - are you ******* drunk or what"

Actually, it's a fair point. Banderson has forgotten to add that MZ also asked for a signing on fee, for showing loyalty by signing the new deal.

If you actually believe this, check out Zal's FB status - I think that says it all!

If you take a look at his profile picture it says it all! Total stroker.

Have to say I'm loving this - the guy is an arrogant erse with a hugely over estimateed opinion of himself.

He has consistently shown disrespect for the fans with his attitude and continues to show disrespect in this situation. He took the captaincy of the club knowing full well this situation was likely to arise and showed disrespect to the Manager, the club and the fans by taking on a responsibility that he knew he was never going to be able to carry out. He has on several occasions had a pop at fans during games and most notably when he started to defend Kingston to fans when Kingston was getting booed off the park - anyone with an ounce of sense would have know to leave it in that situation. That is what I think of him as a man and why JJ made him captain well who knows although we might want to have a guess but that's another story !

As a player - why he gets lauded on here by a significant number of people is beyond me but that's their opinion - mine is that he is a very average player and although we might miss him a little at first, long term he was only going to restrict the progress of others.

I for one will be glad to see the back of him both as a player and as a man - go on Zal away you go son, your ability and integrity will never catch up with your ego - shut the door, actually you weren't very good at that either !

Have you ever met or spoken to Zal? The above about him not caring about hearts is the biggest load of piss I've heard in ages ! The fact is he wants to go, maybe he reads. Some of the pish written about him on here and thinks feck this for a day job !

This........thumbsup.gif

Have you ever met or spoken to Zal? The above about him not caring about hearts is the biggest load of piss I've heard in ages ! The fact is he wants to go, maybe he reads. Some of the pish written about him on here and thinks feck this for a day job !

Well done the KBers :lol:

Iam sorry i don't want to be offensive, but grow up!

Zaliukas' demands are ridiculous - which is precisely why he's making them. That doesn't make him greedy; it does make him someone who wants to get the hell out of dodge.

So farewell then, Marius Zaliukas. First you were crap. Then you were a number. Then you were good. Then you were a cult hero. Then you wanted out. :wave1:

well if he wants to go why accept the captaincy? presumably it was on the understanding that he would stay past Christmas.

I like Zal. I think he is a decent player who got unjust stick - but if this is true, and I say if, then he should not play for us again as he is not worth half that. If he is captain then he should get some more and he should get more than some of the injury prone stars - but not that much.

I would say around ?5-7K is fair, but no more - he is not worth ?20K a week, no-one at Hearts or Scotland even is.

Well done the KBers :lol:

Indeed. He's a player I think the club should have got rid of after he ran up four (it was only four, wasn't it?) red cards in one season. He has improved both in terms of discipline and his general play, although a game without a bombscare moment from him resulting in a clear-cut chance for the opposition is still an infrequent occurrence. For someone who has been here for so long in a period of rapid and copious player turnover he has inspired few feelings of affection, the winner against Hibs notwithstanding. I won't miss him at all if he goes.

Along the lines of "Barry anderson from evening news - are you ******* drunk or what"

current update is "dirty games started"

i did speak to him months ago and he did say he had problems with "the boss and the owner" so while he might be happy with a new manager, i have no idea if relations between him and vlad have improved any.

Teuchterjambo
<BR>Have you ever met or spoken to Zal? The above about him not caring about hearts is the biggest load of piss I've heard in ages ! The fact is he wants to go, maybe he reads. Some of the pish written about him on here and thinks feck this for a day job !<BR>
Speaking to Zal is not high on my wannado wish list but if he has read any of what I have said and it has in some way influenced him in his probable decision not to honour us with his presence any longer then I have to declare myself well satisfied.If as you say the fact is he wants to go then I am also well pleased with his decision - but why tell me did this obvious pillar of virtue accept the captaincy and then end up in his current position - I am only interetsed in players who want to play for Hearts (and there are many and varied reasons for wanting to play for us) In his case it appears that he wants to play for us only when in receipt of a grossly inflated salary. That is not a valid reason for me and he can go wherever his ego takes him where he will eventually find that his ability and his ego are way out of sync.Go get a life and start respecting other peoples opinions instead of answering reasonable points with pathetic outbursts.

Speaking to Zal is not high on my wannado wish list but if he has read any of what I have said and it has in some way influenced him in his probable decision not to honour us with his presence any longer then I have to declare myself well satisfied.If as you say the fact is he wants to go then I am also well pleased with his decision - but why tell me did this obvious pillar of virtue accept the captaincy and then end up in his current position - I am only interetsed in players who want to play for Hearts (and there are many and varied reasons for wanting to play for us) In his case it appears that he wants to play for us only when in receipt of a grossly inflated salary. That is not a valid reason for me and he can go wherever his ego takes him where he will eventually find that his ability and his ego are way out of sync.Go get a life and start respecting other peoples opinions instead of answering reasonable points with pathetic outbursts.

You having a laugh here ? Reasonable points

'He has consistently shown disrespect for the fans with his attitude and continues to show disrespect in this situation.' when ?

'He has on several occasions had a pop at fans during games and most notably when he started to defend Kingston to fans when Kingston was getting booed off the park - anyone with an ounce of sense would have know to leave it in that situation'

so sticking up for your follow player is not allowed ? MS told David Wittenean within 1 week of being here that he was ******* shite and should not be here infront of most of the squad. It was Zal who actually went oit his way to atleast give DW a shot.

My point is having a go at the p[layer thats fine, but don't come out with bull shit about him disrespect the club and fans ! Atleast he goes out and gives it 100%, its funny how that was always enough for robbie but the goal post change for Zal.

Also for the record i think he should go, my point about what people write on here maybe did not come across as i wanted. My point was ever since he has being here, there has always being people at the ground, media etc having a pop, maybe he thinks he does not need the abuse anymore !

You having a laugh here ? Reasonable points

'He has consistently shown disrespect for the fans with his attitude and continues to show disrespect in this situation.' when ?

'He has on several occasions had a pop at fans during games and most notably when he started to defend

Kingston to fans when Kingston was getting booed off the park - anyone with an ounce of sense would have know to leave it in that situation'

so sticking up for your follow player is not allowed ? MS told David Wittenean within 1 week of being here that he was ******* shite and should not be here infront of most of the squad. It was Zal who actually went oit his way to atleast give DW a shot

My point is having a go at the p[layer thats fine, but don't come out with bull shit about him disrespect the club and fans ! Atleast he goes out and gives it 100%, its funny how that was always enough for robbie but the goal post change for Zal.

Also for the record i think he should go, my point about what people write on here maybe did not come across as

i wanted. My point was ever since he has being here, there has always being people at the ground, media etc having a pop, maybe he thinks he does not need the abuse anymore !

although I have slated him on this thread I am willing to accept that maybe all is not as it seems. we only het to know what the club feeds us and often what the club feeds the media.

doubt whether we will ever know the truth for sure so we all need to just draw our own conclusions from the information we can gather.

at the moment though that information seems to be saying he's a greedy ****. but as I've said that info may well be wrong

True Beverley! I think we all know how Vlad likes to play his games and this is another game to him! It's just helped the Zal haters hate him even more!

Any other player people would be questioning the article, but not with Zal!

Archived