Zal Looking For ?20K P/w!

Bootboy100

Teuchterjambo
<BR>You having a laugh here ? Reasonable points<BR><BR><I>'He has consistently shown disrespect for the fans with his attitude and continues to show disrespect in this situation</I>.' when ?<BR><BR><I>'He has on several occasions had a pop at fans during games and most notably when he started to defend Kingston to fans when Kingston was getting booed off the park - anyone with an ounce of sense would have know to leave it in that situation'</I> <BR><BR>so sticking up for your follow player is not allowed ? MS told David Wittenean within 1 week of being here that he was ******* shite and should not be here infront of most of the squad. It was Zal who actually went oit his way to atleast give DW a shot.<BR><BR>My point is having a go at the p[layer thats fine, but don't come out with bull shit about him disrespect the club and fans ! Atleast he goes out and gives it 100%, its funny how that was always enough for robbie but the goal post change for Zal.<BR><BR>Also for the record i think he should go, my point about what people write on here maybe did not come across as i wanted. My point was ever since he has being here, there has always being people at the ground, media etc having a pop, maybe he thinks he does not need the abuse anymore !<BR>
<BR><BR><BR>Listen up - In my opinion he has shown disrespect to the fans and the club by his actions on several occasions, I have no intention of quoting them one by one to satisfy you - it happens to be my interpretation of events I have witnessed.<BR><BR>What has MS got to do with this ? but of course there is nothing wrong with supporting team mates as long as their actions deserve the support - in my opinion he lacked judgement on the Kingston occasion - supporting team mates for the sake of it is just a nonsense.<BR><BR>Maybe you are right, maybe he has just decided he doesn't want the abuse any more unless of course Hearts pay him an inflated salary that is. Actually he hasn't had much abuse on here compared to some others that is until this thread came along to discuss his current behaviour. I do accept of course that the whole story will never come out of this joke set up.<BR><BR>

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Teuchterjambo

Zaliukas' demands are ridiculous - which is precisely why he's making them. That doesn't make him greedy; it does make him someone who wants to get the hell out of dodge.

So farewell then, Marius Zaliukas. First you were crap. Then you were a number. Then you were good. Then you were a cult hero. Then you wanted out. :wave1:

Jings crivens Shaun:rolleyes: what on earth makes a "cult hero" in your world ?

Jings crivens Shaun:rolleyes: what on earth makes a "cult hero" in your world ?

In times of want, people cling on to what they can.

On here last season, Zal was routinely described as one of the best CBs in the SPL; strangely, by many of those now delighted by his (apparent) departure. :ninja:

On here last season, Zal was routinely described as one of the best CBs in the SPL; strangely, by many of those now delighted by his (apparent) departure. :ninja:

Kickback - Your Flexible Friend!

:rolleyes:

The headline of the story is true, the else is bullcrap. And this is not just an opinion.

It's more than likely that everything else was made up and leaked to the journalist by VR's staff in order for Zaliukas to look like a villain. But it's the same story with many ex or current Hearts players - either they agreed to extend contracts or they were kicked out and bashed as 'unloyal'.

Judging by this thread this plan has been a great success.

For the avoidance of doubt; Member of the latter, not even remotely near the former. :thumbsup:

The headline of the story is true, the else is bullcrap. And this is not just an opinion.

It's more than likely that everything else was made up and leaked to the journalist by VR's staff in order for Zaliukas to look like a villain. But it's the same story with many ex or current Hearts players - either they agreed to extend contracts or they were kicked out and bashed as 'unloyal'.

Surely you don't think the owner of our club would be capable of such behaviour?

I'm stunned.

Teuchterjambo

Although I could never have described in these terms, those who may have and may now hbe slagging him are probably doing so in judgement of the way he has behaved rather than a change of stance in relation to his ability.

Drylaw Hearts

For the avoidance of doubt; Member of the latter, not even remotely near the former. :thumbsup:

And just in case anyone wasn't aware..........

I'm in the same club as bh.

:ninja:

There was never any doubt in your case, big man. :thumbsup:

Surely you don't think the owner of our club would be capable of such behaviour?

I'm stunned.

:)

Although I could never have described in these terms, those who may have and may now hbe slagging him are probably doing so in judgement of the way he has behaved rather than a change of stance in relation to his ability.

Pace leginten, don't you mean his reported behaviour? ;)

Have Hearts actually announced anything with regard to the club captain having left us yet ?

Would be funny as feck if he was playing a week on Saturday.

Hopefully this means we'll not have a ridiculous fine for our disciplinary record this year too - we're saving money all over the shop thanks to Zal!

Have you spoken with Zaliukas, Magnoem? You seem certain that it's incorrect and I just wondered why you might be so sure?

For the record, some people were irritated by his behaviour long before this story came to light.

loveofthegame

Mad Vald strikes again.

I've never rated Zali highly, when he 1st came as a trialist i thought he was the worst player i'd ever seen. Since moving back to CH he's been slightly better, almost decent at times, but he is easily replaceable.

IF the wage demands are true he can GTF now imo. But i wouldn't be suprised if there was slightly more to this than meets the eye, as Magnoem suggests...

Zaliukas is alright but we could get 4 better centerhalves for 20k a week.

He can do one if he wants that much.

:down:

How will the evening news know this information?

It may be possible that they already have a reporter in Kaunas for the upcoming Lithuania - Scotland game but then who has then revealed to the EEN that Zal is wanting ?20K per week?

Another thing, could it be that this information has been "lost in translation", when the News' "mysterious source" disclosed that Zaliukas wanted ?20,000 including bonuses, could it be that this is a monthly wage as opposed to a weekly one. In Britain we describe wages as weekly but in Europe, it is generally a monthly wage, ?20,000 per month is around ?5K per week which is far more realistic in both what I would imagine Marius would ask for and what he is probably worth as a first choice defender and club captain.

Thoughts?

How will the evening news know this information?

It may be possible that they already have a reporter in Kaunas for the upcoming Lithuania - Scotland game but then who has then revealed to the EEN that Zal is wanting ?20K per week?

Another thing, could it be that this information has been "lost in translation", when the News' "mysterious source" disclosed that Zaliukas wanted ?20,000 including bonuses, could it be that this is a monthly wage as opposed to a weekly one. In Britain we describe wages as weekly but in Europe, it is generally a monthly wage, ?20,000 per month is around ?5K per week which is far more realistic in both what I would imagine Marius would ask for and what he is probably worth as a first choice defender and club captain.

Thoughts?

I see what you are saying mate but the two posters who have confirmed this rumour are in a position to find out the truth. As soon as KA and FJ stated that it was true, I believed it.

I very much believe that he has demanded these sort of wages in order to get out of the club, especially since others have backed up the EEN's claim.

But I also believe that this has been deliberately leaked in order to discredit him by the board which is almost as bad.

Funny thing is they really wouldn't have needed to leak it on purpose because there's a large number of fans who dislike him and the rest are fairly indifferent AFAIK. I'm definitely in the indifferent camp, like him as a player but think he is definitely replaceable and his attitude, which has been alluded to on here, has been questionable for some time.

Cheers for your work Zal but not overly sad to see you go :thumbsup:

Zaliukas will be a big loss although I agree we shouldn't be paying anyone ?20K per week.

What is it with our club captains

Pressley - gone

Hartley - gone

Gordon - gone

Neilson - gone

Berra - gone

Stewart - gone

Zaliukas - Bye Bye

I think you'll find that all the ones before that left too. :ninja:

This has obviously been leaked by the top tier of hierarchy at Hearts (leaks are good for VR when it suits his agenda!) so it will have been tailored against the player. His side of the story may be very different.

After how VR has acted and what he has said in the past how can we beleive a word of it?

Surely after all we have been through with VR we fans are not that naive?

Drylaw Hearts

Here's hoping DH :thumbsup:

It was a poor choice in the first place CL.

I really wish the club would visit JKB more and read what the more intellectual cats amongst us have to say.

:ninja:

The two most detestable characters at Hearts having a beeyatch fight.

Brilliant, I dont have to take sides.

Oh ok then, I dont believe Zaliukas has asked for ?20k per week. I believe that a story is being sold to try and ensure that Vlad can s**t over Zaliukas but that JJ doesnt get overly p'd off by it all.

Its no real secret that Zaliukas has issues with Vlad. Vlad now has the opportunity to get his revenge and will do so.

I'm happy the playing side of the team will improve, but concerned at what JJ will make of all this unnecessary disruption.

How are those that fancy both Vlad and Zaliukas taking this difficult news?

Charlie-Brown

Oh ok then, I dont believe Zaliukas has asked for ?20k per week. I believe that a story is being sold to try and ensure that Vlad can s**t over Zaliukas but that JJ doesnt get overly p'd off by it all.

Its no real secret that Zaliukas has issues with Vlad. Vlad now has the opportunity to get his revenge and will do so.

I'm happy the playing side of the team will improve, but concerned at what JJ will make of all this unnecessary disruption.

Welcome back jammy - still trolling i see :) I think you will find that most real Hearts fans put the interests of the club ahead of the self interest of football players so whether it's Steven Pressley, Jose Goncalves or Marius Zaliuakas it's always Hearts first player second (if at all).

Drylaw Hearts

Welcome back jammy - still trolling i see :) I think you will find that most real Hearts fans put the interests of the club ahead of the self interest of football players so whether it's Steven Pressley, Jose Goncalves or Marius Zaliuakas it's always Hearts first player second (if at all).

How do you know its the self interests of Zaliukas here that are the problem?

Anyway, I thought the "rule" about not playing players was if they wouldnt try and negotiate a new contract? Is it back to making up the rules as it goes along?

Charlie-Brown

How do you know its the self interests of Zaliukas here that are the problem?

Anyway, I thought the "rule" about not playing players was if they wouldnt try and negotiate a new contract? Is it back to making up the rules as it goes along?

I think you must be confusing yourself - Zaliukas hasn't agreed a new deal, his wage demands are 'allegedly' exorbitant and he doesn't seem overly keen to sign or agree a new contract so they've punted him back to Kaunas meantime unless he agrees a new deal or leaves, not that difficult to comprehend is it?

I think you must be confusing yourself - Zaliukas hasn't agreed a new deal, his wage demands are 'allegedly' exorbitant and he doesn't seem overly keen to sign or agree a new contract so they've punted him back to Kaunas meantime unless he agrees a new deal or leaves, not that difficult to comprehend is it?

Not confused.

Players rejecting new deals, do not negotiate and say they want to leave the club are not played. eg Jose

Players who do not accept the initial deal but make an attempt to negotiate one are played. eg Bruno, Kingston etc.

Players the club arent that fussed about letting the contract run out are played eg Stewart

Zaliukas appears to be in camp 2.

Charlie-Brown

Not confused.

Players rejecting new deals, do not negotiate and say they want to leave the club are not played. eg Jose

Players who do not accept the initial deal but make an attempt to negotiate one are played. eg Bruno, Kingston etc.

Players the club arent that fussed about letting the contract run out are played eg Stewart

Zaliukas appears to be in camp 2.

I think you can probably simplify it to one category Jammy - those players that the club wants to keep who have perceived re-sale value and who are refusing what the club considers to be very good terms to stay/resign and whom the owners feel the players are trying to shaft the club (ie them) out of a transfer fee and this is probably compounded if it's a young player or kaunas player whose career the club have helped establish... they don't get to play until the re-sign or leave.

This has obviously been leaked by the top tier of hierarchy at Hearts (leaks are good for VR when it suits his agenda!) so it will have been tailored against the player. His side of the story may be very different.

After how VR has acted and what he has said in the past how can we beleive a word of it?

Surely after all we have been through with VR we fans are not that naive?

In this case I am willing and able to believe the club/leak wholeheartedly. :thumbsup:

Charlie-Brown

In this case I am willing and able to believe the club/leak wholeheartedly. :thumbsup:

Here's bandersons update on this story today with quotes from Jim Jefferies.

http://www.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Zaliukas39-Hearts-career-in-the.6508541.jp

Zaliukas' Hearts career in the balance Date: 02 September 2010

By Barry Anderson

JIM Jefferies admitted today that Marius Zaliukas' Hearts career is hanging in the balance due to wage demands which are "well beyond the club's means".

The Tynecastle captain has requested more than ?20,000 a week before tax to sign a permanent contract, with his loan from FBK Kaunas due to expire in December.

The thought of paying Zaliukas a salary in excess of ?1million per year has irked Vladi

ADVERTISEMENTmir Romanov, Hearts' majority shareholder, and his directors. Manager Jefferies explained that club and player are "miles apart" in their negotiations and there is a chance that the Lithuanian will not return to Edinburgh.

Should he sever ties with the club where he has played on loan from Kaunas since August 2006, Lee Wallace will be appointed captain.

"Marius went back to Lithuania to negotiate terms but I believe they're miles apart. He's after quite a considerable amount which is way beyond our means," Jefferies told the Evening News. "I'll get a chance to speak to Sergey (Fedotovas, director] over the next couple of days, Marius is busy with the Lithuanian squad preparing for tomorrow's game."

Jefferies handed Zaliukas the captaincy only a matter of weeks ago after a frank discussion with the player in which he assured his manager that he was happy at Tynecastle. Club officials now suspect he has changed stance and made the exorbitant wage request knowing it would lead to a parting of the ways.

"He said he was happy here. He said if he could get the deal he was looking for, he'd be happy to stay," said Jefferies. "But there's a big difference between what he's looking for and what teams can afford, that seems to be what's holding it up.

"He might feel that he's out of contract and this is a chance for him to exercise his right to move on. He's maybe thinking he's at a stage in his career where he might attract a huge offer, so to keep him here it would take a huge offer, money that is way out of our hands.

"Sometimes players don't want to stay and they can maybe ask for quite a lot more knowing they've got no chance of getting it. I'm a bit in limbo with it at the moment. The negotiations are still ongoing and I haven't been told of any final decision on either side."

Jefferies revealed that he has earmarked Wallace to succeed Zaliukas if the contract dispute cannot be resolved. Eggert Jonsson would then assume the vice-captain's role.

"I appointed Lee Wallace vice-captain so if something happens with Marius and he has to move on, then Lee will step in. It would then be a case of Eggert Jonsson stepping up to replace Lee as vice-captain. But we can't jump too far ahead until we know what's happening with Marius."

Meanwhile, David Obua has flown to Uganda for Saturday's African Nations Cup qualifier against Angola despite playing only 14 minutes of football for Hearts this season. "His manager, Jim Jefferies, believes he's not fully fit but Obua says he is and wants to play," said Bobby Williamson, the Uganda coach.

Elsewhere, ex-Hearts player Larry Kingston has joined Dutch club Vitesse Arnhem

Very good. A weak player moving out by the looks of things - would have been better if JJ could have replaced him but hopefully he will be able to bring in a centre half in January.

Wallace and Jonsson good choices for captain and vice captain too.

Wait to see where this big money move for Zaliukas is going to materialise from :lol:

Charlie-Brown

Very good. A weak player moving out by the looks of things - would have been better if JJ could have replaced him but hopefully he will be able to bring in a centre half in January.

Wallace and Jonsson good choices for captain and vice captain too.

Wait to see where this big money move for Zaliukas is going to materialise from :lol:

My preference would be to promote from within but failing that then we have plenty players as options to cover the centre back positions.

Marmeladent?rtchen

So correct me if I am wrong, but he is on loan, therefore can we not just cancel his loan and send him packing?

Also does his deal end in December? I.e. he can sign a pre-contract now with another club.

Cheers

Marmeladent?rtchen

My preference would be to promote from within but failing that then we have plenty players as options to cover the centre back positions.

Really,,, I think are defence, especially centrer back, is quite thin! :mellow:

Bouzid, Barr,,,?

Farquar Hoffe

Yet another Barry Anderson exclusive - believe that and believe that these magic beans I have here are a good investment.

Good to see that Bazza has contacts in Lithuania who are feeding him all this information though - a pleasant change to his normal CTRL C & CTRL V standard of journalism

This :lol:

Seriosuly though never been much of a Zal lover but even if there is an inch of truth in this story - see ya!

Charlie-Brown

Really,,, I think are defence, especially centrer back, is quite thin! :mellow:

Bouzid, Barr,,,?

Bouzid, Barr, Jonsson, Kucharski, R.McGowan, Mrowiec, Wallace, Palazeulos, D.Mcgowan can all play there if needed - we don't need multiple dedicated players for every position.

boabyarsebiscuit

Same place it materialised from in January. Russia.

Funny that this time round the cash will be going straight into Zaliukas' pocket rather than Kaunas owner Vlad's though.

Looks like Zaliukas has got one over on VladADVERTISEMENTimir (sic).

boabyarsebiscuit

PS - is it OK if I refer to him as Zaliclueless now he's been a naughty boy, or is that still racist? Charlie?

Not that I ever doubted the veracity of the story in the first place but I don't think it's any coincidence that JJ has been the one to come out and give quotes on the subject today. Marius will be more than well aware that the fans might have been likely to give him the benefit of the doubt when it was his word against Vlad's....but it's a very different kettle of fish when it comes to JJ. Is he lying too Zal? :rolleyes:

Bouzid, Barr, Jonsson, Kucharski, R.McGowan, Mrowiec, Wallace, Palazeulos, D.Mcgowan can all play there if needed - we don't need multiple dedicated players for every position.

d mcgowan aside (only because i havent seen him play) i agree we should certainly have enough to get by till the next window. i like zal but am very disppointed with this whole situation and hope the club now stands firm and dosent offer him crazy money.

Charlie-Brown

PS - is it OK if I refer to him as Zaliclueless now he's been a naughty boy, or is that still racist? Charlie?

No a number will simply suffice boaby then off to the camps........

i'm still hoping he stays but i'm also hoping we don't pay him any more than the other senior players are getting. if he thinks he's outgrown what we can offer within our structure then fair enough. he's not in the ?20K per week bracket for us but he could feasibly get something close to that elsewhere. anybody who believes it's impossible for him to get a similar deal somewhere is probably allowing their exaggerated scepticism of him as a player cloud their judgement.

example - michael stewart in turkey.

if he leaves he'll get a good deal, i have no doubts at all.

Why did we leave it so long before having talks with him. Surely they should have been done before the window closed,so we could get someone in to cover.

Archived