Zal Looking For ?20K P/w!

Bootboy100

Great news...for McGowan - he might finally get the chance to prove his worth - hopefully he'll be given the time and understanding to make the odd error without suffering too much abuse. Wallace for Captain, Zaliukas for the bench at Kaunas - what a total bell end you have proved to be.

I hope that does happen and we don't have to waste Jonnson at centre half further weakening our central midfield area. I suspect its actually better news for the Thomsons as Barr will play beside Bouzid freeing up the right back berth.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ridiculous wage demands.

However, we should continue to play him until the end of his contract and get a suitable replacement in January.

The alternative would be to significantly weaken the right-back and central midfield positions by moving Barr and/or Jonsson....or even worse, drafting in Kucharski!!!

He knows damn fine he wont get anywhere like that wages wise. It is a way of trying to work his way out of Tynecastle. Absolute roaster who doesnt give a sh*t about Hearts. Barr and Bouzid for me with McGowan as back up. Bye Zal you arrogant piece of dog turd. :verymad:

This might finally allow us to field a settled partnership in defence.

Bouzid has been beginning to rival Zaliukas as our best CB for a while now, I think because Zal's been unsettled, he clearly doesn't want to be here its affected him.

Give Barr and Bouzid a long run together and I think we'll be ok.

sigh,well I did try to tell you this last week guys

I'll try not to miss your posts from now on, great sage that you are.

Charlie-Brown

I think in future it would be wise to try to ensure that players the club wants to keep commit to staying a year before their contract is up - if they won't commit to a new HMFC deal then they should be moved on and out asap as there is no point in keeping players that don't want to be here or help the club earn a transfer fee - only those players the club isn't fussy about keeping beyond the end of their contract should be allowed to run down their contracts.

One flew over

To quote myself # 240 on page 6 of Zal new deal thread

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:56 PM

Heard from a good friend of lockie that he will not be back, he is on 2K a week and has asked for 20!

The source of this story may well be the club!

The Treasurer

Throw the armband to Wallace. Give the vice captaincy to KK.

Jobs a good un. :thumbsup:

No need for me to add anything re Zal as I would tend to agree the majority of the posts, but on Sunday with both him Wallace out Eggy had the armband so it would appear that he would step up as vice-captain should Wallace be given the armband.

I would be more than happy with that.

Marmeladent?rtchen

20K :rofl:

No hold on, I am willing to accept that only if he provides a clean sheet.

If Hearts concede a goal he get's nothing. :D

Over the moon. Total liability. Everytime he goes near the ball it's a "heart in mouth" moment for me.

Now JJ can have a couple of months to find a great centre half.

The People's Chimp

He's a slippery wee arsepiece.

Be up front and honest Marius, no need at all to treat the club that made you into a footballer with this sort of disdain. If you'd rather see out your contract and then go, you should just bleedin say so.

On another note who the heck is his agent?

Ha ha, you really don't like him do you?

i am hopeful that this now signals the end of the gravy train and players like zal won't even dream of asking for such a ridiculous amount ever again. that way we all no where we stand. after the reported 18k that we offered jose last year it's easy to see why zal thought this amount of cash may be available (even if those thoughts were misguided). after larry not being offered anything like the same amount of cash he was on and now this i just hope it sends out the message to the wage thieves and mercenaries that hearts aren`t an easy ticket anymore.

Over the moon. Total liability. Everytime he goes near the ball it's a "heart in mouth" moment for me.

Now JJ can have a couple of months to find a great centre half.

Nail on head :thumbsup:

Francis Albert

Heard from a good friend of lockie that he will not be back, he is on 2K a week and has asked for 20!

Alternatively the EEN source may be a post on JKB on 29 August at 9.56 pm!

The People's Chimp

I think in future it would be wise to try to ensure that players the club wants to keep commit to staying a year before their contract is up - if they won't commit to a new HMFC deal then they should be moved on and out asap as there is no point in keeping players that don't want to be here or help the club earn a transfer fee - only those players the club isn't fussy about keeping beyond the end of their contract should be allowed to run down their contracts.

A dangerous course of action. Sign a player on a 2 years deal and get one out of them? And there is a point in keeping players who might not earn a fee or want to stay for another year and that's to contribute to getting results on the field.

If stories are to be believed he is still on a low wage in comparision to some at the club...most certainly you'd think in comparison to some who have recently left the club. In this instance I think he has every right to expect a decent increase in wages as befits his position as both a first name on the team sheet and club captain. However, the figures quoted are ridiculous and Zal cannot have failed to see that we do not deal in silly money wages anymore so it is my belief that he was fully aware this sort of demand would not be met and that this has indeed (if figures are accurate) been a move engineered by him to aid a transfer away from the club.

It seems even more likely when you add in that for a while now there have been rumours doing the rounds that Zal was unhappy. There are a few stories of him making off the cuff remarks to fans at various points over the years. There's no real secret that he gets very homesick and tries to get home as often as possible. He's made comment in the past about finding it hard to see all his fellow countrymen leave the club as well. It all points to someone who no longer wants to be here imho.

I'm not in the play him till the contract expires camp myself. While I am one who does rate him I genuinely do not believe being without him will be too detrimental until January. I'm in the consistency camp and would just leave him out. If folk don't want to be here or play for my club then sod them.

It will cause me some hilarity though to watch those in the "bombscare" camp turn this round and make Vlad out to be the bad guy again, damaging our club by not playing him! :lol:

Charlie-Brown

A dangerous course of action. Sign a player on a 2 years deal and get one out of them? And there is a point in keeping players who might not earn a fee or want to stay for another year and that's to contribute to getting results on the field.

"My philosophy is very simple, No player in the last year of their contract can stay in the squad. You either renew or you leave." Johann Cruyff

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2009/07/08/1370930/etoo-should-sign-new-deal-or-leave-barcelona-johan-cruyff

I think it was the 'team for Sunday's game' thread that I alluded too that we will not see Zal ina Hearts jersery again. My source is not Lockie (as he has got things wrong before i.e Jose signing a new deal etc... however I think he has got this right) but someone who works on such details as contracts etc.... within the club.

Francis Albert

If stories are to be believed he is still on a low wage in comparision to some at the club...most certainly you'd think in comparison to some who have recently left the club. In this instance I think he has every right to expect a decent increase in wages as befits his position as both a first name on the team sheet and club captain. However, the figures quoted are ridiculous and Zal cannot have failed to see that we do not deal in silly money wages anymore so it is my belief that he was fully aware this sort of demand would not be met and that this has indeed (if figures are accurate) been a move engineered by him to aid a transfer away from the club.

It seems even more likely when you add in that for a while now there have been rumours doing the rounds that Zal was unhappy. There are a few stories of him making off the cuff remarks to fans at various points over the years. There's no real secret that he gets very homesick and tries to get home as often as possible. He's made comment in the past about finding it hard to see all his fellow countrymen leave the club as well. It all points to someone who no longer wants to be here imho.

I'm not in the play him till the contract expires camp myself. While I am one who does rate him I genuinely do not believe being without him will be too detrimental until January. I'm in the consistency camp and would just leave him out. If folk don't want to be here or play for my club then sod them.

It will cause me some hilarity though to watch those in the "bombscare" camp turn this round and make Vlad out to be the bad guy again, damaging our club by not playing him! :lol:

Depends what you mean by consistency. Goncalves was left out (except when we were desperate), Stewart played on (at least until a couple of games at the end of the season). For me it depends on the player's attitude. If he simply says "no thanks, I think I can do better elsewhere" or "I appreciate the offer but I'm homesick" but (in either case) " I am full committed to doing my best for the remainder of my contract" then I'd play him, unless his performance falls off. If he (as apparently Goncalves did) reacts with anger to a generous offer and accuses the club of not "respecting him" then I'd judge his state of mind is not right. We're in no position to judge where Zal falls on this test.

I liked Zal.

I thought he was a decent player and a good leader on the park.

Here is my message for you:

GTF Zal. Hope you never play for Hearts again.

This

Throw the armband to Wallace. Give the vice captaincy to KK.

And this.

From other forums I frequent I can't think of many that have such lengthy debates as to who the club captain should be.

It seems such a political subject on here and at the club.

"My philosophy is very simple, No player in the last year of their contract can stay in the squad. You either renew or you leave." Johann Cruyff

http://www.goal.com/...na-johan-cruyff

Aye, easy for a Barcelona with their enormous resources to adopt such a policy. They would simply bring in the next global superstar to replace them. Somewhat different for a club like Hearts in the financially fecked SPL though. How on earth is JJ meant to build a squad or a team if any player signed on a 2 year contract is only available for the first year ? Ludicrous. Whether it is a homegrown player or one from elsewhere football has changed and players are well within their rights to sit tight for a while to see what opportunities present themselves. This is not to say the clubs do not have rights themselves but such a hardline stance is unworkable at our level. In all likelihood it is always going to be your better players this happens with as for example a J Thomson is going to sign the contract with little else on offer but a Templeton might sit tight knowing his value and that he will be sought after.

From other forums I frequent I can't think of many that have such lengthy debates as to who the club captain should be.

It seems such a political subject on here and at the club.

on here i would actually say most posters come across as just wanting the best man possible. it may be political to some though.

but why do you get that impression from the club?

Excellent news!

Now, since we're on a roll, isn't Obua in the last year of his deal as well...? :thumbsup:

Depends what you mean by consistency. Goncalves was left out (except when we were desperate), Stewart played on (at least until a couple of games at the end of the season). For me it depends on the player's attitude. If he simply says "no thanks, I think I can do better elsewhere" or "I appreciate the offer but I'm homesick" but (in either case) " I am full committed to doing my best for the remainder of my contract" then I'd play him, unless his performance falls off. If he (as apparently Goncalves did) reacts with anger to a generous offer and accuses the club of not "respecting him" then I'd judge his state of mind is not right. We're in no position to judge where Zal falls on this test.

My thinking is that I reckon the club do perhaps have some sort of consistent policy going on already. I think (and I could be completely wrong!) that if a player is upfront and honest enough to tell the club he will not re-sign and would like to go then it's dealt with in one manner - examples perhaps being Hartley, Bruno, Karipidis, Neilson, Stewart all of whom to to an extent finished up their contracts in amicable circumstances. If however a player perhaps attempts to manipulate a situation rather than just be upfront it might be handled another way - examples perhaps being Pressley, Jose and now Zal to varying degrees and off the top of my head.

If and again I could be well wrong this was the sort of thing the club did I would be happy enough to use this policy and continue in being consistent in applying it...assuming of course Zal HAS or IS manipulating things.

Charlie-Brown

Aye, easy for a Barcelona with their enormous resources to adopt such a policy. They would simply bring in the next global superstar to replace them. Somewhat different for a club like Hearts in the financially fecked SPL though. How on earth is JJ meant to build a squad or a team if any player signed on a 2 year contract is only available for the first year ? Ludicrous. Whether it is a homegrown player or one from elsewhere football has changed and players are well within their rights to sit tight for a while to see what opportunities present themselves. This is not to say the clubs do not have rights themselves but such a hardline stance is unworkable at our level. In all likelihood it is always going to be your better players this happens with as for example a J Thomson is going to sign the contract with little else on offer but a Templeton might sit tight knowing his value and that he will be sought after.

If the player doesn't want to sign and sit tight then you sell them, getting something for them /anything is better than getting nowt if they leave on freedom of contract. If the club is happy to let them run down their contract then fair enough but in general you prevent that situation from arising by moving them on before it gets to the disruptive stage.

?20k per week!!! ?2k per week is to much for him. He's just not very good and his bombscare moments wont be missed by me. Goodbye and good riddance

Charlie-Brown

i'm not anti-obua but thats one long contract.

I think it needed to be a longer contract as he required a work permit, Hibs gave their Moroccans 5 year deals for the same reason - more chance of a panel awarding a WP if the club is showing a commitment to the player.

on here i would actually say most posters come across as just wanting the best man possible. it may be political to some though.

but why do you get that impression from the club?

It took JJ weeks to announce Zaliukas as his main captain after narrowing the list down, any other club would just name someone, we always need to make a fanfare out of it.

I'm sure there was a similar situation when Csaba was here.

It took JJ weeks to announce Zaliukas as his main captain after narrowing the list down, any other club would just name someone, we always need to make a fanfare out of it.

fair enough but can't see that it matters much how long it takes he obviously thought it was a decision that was worthy of taking his time over. don`t see how that makes it political though but don`t suppose it matters.

Francis Albert

My thinking is that I reckon the club do perhaps have some sort of consistent policy going on already. I think (and I could be completely wrong!) that if a player is upfront and honest enough to tell the club he will not re-sign and would like to go then it's dealt with in one manner - examples perhaps being Hartley, Bruno, Karipidis, Neilson, Stewart all of whom to to an extent finished up their contracts in amicable circumstances. If however a player perhaps attempts to manipulate a situation rather than just be upfront it might be handled another way - examples perhaps being Pressley, Jose and now Zal to varying degrees and off the top of my head.

If and again I could be well wrong this was the sort of thing the club did I would be happy enough to use this policy and continue in being consistent in applying it...assuming of course Zal HAS or IS manipulating things.

I agree with that. I think I'm happy to have the first sort in the team and dressing room, but not the second (without judging at this stage where Zal fits).

Francis Albert

Maybe JJ was just assessing whether Zal was committed. Maybe he should have taken a wee bit longer!

Also, I am not sure many of us pay much attention to how other clubs pick their captain. Asked to name the other SPL captains, I'd struggle after Hartley TBH.

kennyblack'sshot

I don't believe this story for two reasons. One it's an Evening News "exclusive" and their track record is abysmal for getting these right. Remember being forced to apologise for saying Csaba had resigned? And second, as captain, Marius would know that players like Aguiar, Goncalves, Kingston and Stewart were all offered lower wages as part of a general wage bill cut. He would also know that no Hearts player has ever earned that much - even Craig Gordon.

I don't believe this story for two reasons. One it's an Evening News "exclusive" and their track record is abysmal for getting these right. Remember being forced to apologise for saying Csaba had resigned? And second, as captain, Marius would know that players like Aguiar, Goncalves, Kingston and Stewart were all offered lower wages as part of a general wage bill cut. He would also know that no Hearts player has ever earned that much - even Craig Gordon.

It's 100% true. Source: the player.

chester copperpot

Zaliukas will be a big loss although I agree we shouldn't be paying anyone ?20K per week.

What is it with our club captains

Pressley - gone

Hartley - gone

Gordon - gone

Neilson - gone

Berra - gone

Stewart - gone

Zaliukas - Bye Bye

Give the captaincy to Jason Thomson now! :D

See ya - erse.

Barr and Bouzid will do for me. Got Jonsson that can play there too or even Wallace in an emergency.

No loss whatsoever.

Charlie-Brown

See ya - erse.

Barr and Bouzid will do for me. Got Jonsson that can play there too or even Wallace in an emergency.

No loss whatsoever.

Bouzid, Barr, Jonsson, Wallace, R.McGowan, Palazeulos, Mrowiec plus M.Park and D.McGowan are all capable of playing or providing cover for centre back positions....oh and Kucharski too!

See ya - erse.

No loss whatsoever.

That's one slow defence. I like both players but Bouzid is so slow and gives away a lot of fouls and Barr has looked shaky this far and is yet to prove he can step up to the level required (not to say he won't).

So Zal leaving/not playing is a big loss - not just cos he is our best centre half (which he is by a long way), but because it impacts on the rest of our team as we no longer have natural cover in that position...

Our lack of drive from midfield means we need Eggy in there as much as possible and, while I like Lee at CH and it's a great string to his bow, we'd lose so much forward impetus without him flying up the left.

So that leaves Kucharski who just isn't fancied and McGowan who is viewed more as a midfielder. We basically only have 2 CHs at the club.

Archived