Calum Elliott (Merged Threads)

Guest GhostHunter

Charlie-Brown

Sometimes. The more good performances in the bank, the more a player will get away with.

But the crowd won't be fooled - when a player gets stick it's because he's done something to deserve it.

What about when they LIFFS got booed onto the pitch before they'd even kicked a ball? Did they deserve that? It's okay you don't have to apologise for your nonsense opinions I've heard all your crap before. :thumb:

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JamboRobbo

What about when they LIFFS got booed onto the pitch before they'd even kicked a ball? Did they deserve that? It's okay you don't have to apologise for your nonsense opinions I've heard all your crap before. :thumb:

That was just the racist part of the Hearts support though wasn't it Charlie?

And no need to reply, I've heard Roman Romanovs opinion before. :thumb:

boabyarsebiscuit

But we know why that happened, Charlie. Koslovski told us all in an interview he gave to the press at that time.

Charlie-Brown

That was just the racist part of the Hearts support though wasn't it Charlie?

And no need to reply, I've heard Roman Romanovs opinion before. :thumb:

215_FL_Childrens_GuideDVD.jpg

Charlie-Brown

But we know why that happened, Charlie. Koslovski told us all in an interview he gave to the press at that time.

It's okay boaby the wisest man on JKB has already told us 'When a player gets stick it's because he's done something to deserve it.'

shaun.lawson

A good friend of mine refers to the double act above as Goebbels and Bitchface. I'll leave it to Kickback to figure out which is which. :P

Drylaw Hearts

As much as I didn't agree with boo'ing the players onto the pitch I can understand why it was done.

Players were playing who shouldn't have and the whole selection process (amongst many other things) was an absolute shambles. There was nobody of any significance at the matches to aim the frustrations at so the players got the brunt of it.

It is very interesting to see that the things that were quite obviously wrong at the time are being put right.

Charlie-Brown

As much as I didn't agree with boo'ing the players onto the pitch I can understand why it was done.

Players were playing who shouldn't have and the whole selection process (amongst many other things) was an absolute shambles. There was nobody of any significance at the matches to aim the frustrations at so the players got the brunt of it.

It is very interesting to see that the things that were quite obviously wrong at the time are being put right.

It's ancient history DH and although my opinion that it was wrong and unjustified i realise other peoples opinions on the matter differ .... anyway it was really just a jibe at JR to test his (in my opinion) ill-thought through comment 'When a player gets stick it's because he's done something to deserve it.'

Drylaw Hearts

It's ancient history DH and although my opinion that it was wrong and unjustified i realise other peoples opinions on the matter differ .... anyway it was really just a jibe at JR to test his (in my opinion) ill-thought through comment 'When a player gets stick it's because he's done something to deserve it.'

Thankfully it is ancient history.

I sincerely hope we'll never have to go through that crap again.

Tommy Wiseau

Not going to argue with the majority of that, but there were spangles in our support booing Andrius Velicka's name on the team sheet - when he was our top scorer. Most were frustrated by the silliness, but there were some who were just being bloody-minded and jeering anything Liff.

Drylaw Hearts

Not going to argue with the majority of that, but there were spangles in our support booing Andrius Velicka's name on the team sheet - when he was our top scorer. Most were frustrated by the silliness, but there were some who were just being bloody-minded and jeering anything Liff.

I'm guessing they thought this was a way of getting their point across to the owner - he was in hiding so they picked on players from his country as they knew word would get back to him quite quickly.

Poor Calum, when he plays well and EVERY Hearts fan seems to agree on that, we still have people moaning. :(

He'll be rubbish next week and there are people on this thread that will be to blame. :verymad:

Tommy Wiseau

I'm guessing they thought this was a way of getting their point across to the owner - he was in hiding so they picked on players from his country as they knew word would get back to him quite quickly.

It's a possibility, but I'm going to stick with my more-realistic "just a bunch of roasters" theory. :thumbsup:

Poor Calum, when he plays well and EVERY Hearts fan seems to agree on that, we still have people moaning. :(

He'll be rubbish next week and there are people on this thread that will be to blame. :verymad:

The way it's going if he doesn't score tomorrow he'll be shite again before he kicks a ball this coming weekend.

Creepy Lurker

I'm glad that Elliot's had a good couple of games, and hope that he keeps it up. I'd be one of the ones eating a big slice of humble pie (in real life if not on here), but I'd be delighted to do so.

...but aren't the: "ha, he's proven his doubters, who are all stupid, wrong" crew going just a teeny bit over the top, though?

Callum Elliot has been in the Hearts side on and off for five years now, having made his debut towards the end of the 2004/05 season. In that time, he's played over 100 games (yes, seriously) and scored - by my reckoning - fourteen goals. He has now played well twice in a row.

As I've said, I'd love to see him properly come good for us, but can we give it a bit of time before getting all triumphalist about it?

One flew over

As always, praise where due, criticism where due.

He deserves praise when he plays like he did on Saturday.

He deserves stick when he plays like he did prety much the whole of the past two years.

Given he was on loan during this time, hardly fair, my old man sadly attends the Livingston matches and totally raved about what a great player he was with them!

Archived