Calum Elliott (Merged Threads)

Guest GhostHunter

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, two goals and winning the penalty. Top notch.

Even if the other Elliott was fit next weekend, Clum deserves to keep his place. Has linked up with Kyle well too.

Well done Calum great start to the season.3 goals so far this season and a penalty won and fantastic workrate in both games.Mom today.

Also well done JJ in showing faith in him.

Ps I was one of the haters but I am quite happy to admit when I am wrong.

Certainly proving his critics wrong.

As someone who has always backed the lad, today never surprised me.

thumbsup.gif

First class!

He was also our best defender in the first 15 minutes!

He is, without doubt, answering his critics!

Well done Clum!

Despite all the jibes and negative stuff that gets thrown his way - for a relatively young lad he's coped excellently, kept his head down and worked hard. 3 goals in 2 games will be huge for his confidence. Maybe the boo boys will lay off a little now.

Thundercats Are Go

First class!

He was also our best defender in the first 15 minutes!

He is, without doubt, answering his critics!

Well done Clum!

Too right, iv never been shy when criticising the lad, outstanding today, well done that man. Im happy to eat my words week in week out! Keep it up!

I am now going to spend the next few minutes posting a note of congratulations on every single Calum thread that pops up. I expect there might be a few. I'm so pleased and excited I might even give in and use a few exclamation marks....

Well done Calum! :)

can't deny i've bemoaned him many times, but he's proving us all wrong. i hope he can keep it up. you could see on his face what the goals meant to him, so this will only do good for his confidence.

get in there elliot, prove us ALL wrong and make us all eat our words!

well done lad, you did good

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Despite all the jibes and negative stuff that gets thrown his way - for a relatively young lad he's coped excellently, kept his head down and worked hard. 3 goals in 2 games will be huge for his confidence. Maybe the boo boys will lay off a little now.

No way, the Boooing has obviously helped.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CLUM.

:ninja:

The boy has been superb this season proving what a good player he is!

Yes...well done Clum. A great start to the season but also credit to Jim Jefferies and Vladimir Romanov (yes...I did write that)for securing a great deal during the summer "Buy any 2 strikers get another 1 FREE".

Enzo

marshallschunkychicken

Yup, well done Calum.

Can we now please lay off him for a bit, as he's obviously a confidence player.

Shows what an affect the management team can have.

Mad Dog Frazer

Brilliant result and delighted for clum I just hope the laddie doesn't go out and get blootered and make another dance video

Certainly proving the critics wrong this season.

No doubt the doubters will be along soon to give him praise.

Going on the Elliot bashing, no doubt this thread will be a 6 pager as well.

thumbsup.gif

Great performance from Calum today , from start to finish.

I never doubted his ability but the team selection and tactics have got to be right to get the best out of him.

Well done Calum.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Never rated CLUM at all but I said every player deserves to have a clean slate for the new season and let by gones be by gones.

Needs to be consistent but he has started the season very well.

thumbsup.gif

as long as those of us who WERE whinging about him can sit back and eat the humble pie its all fine by me. hope this last 2 games is truly a sign of things to come for him.

I always suspected that there was a striker in there, he just needed to be loved. Didn't help that a bucketful of head coaches kept mucking him about.

His best effort was the one that was pushed over the bar by the keeper.

Well done Callum Elliot, keep it up.

Jambomullins

thumbsup.gif

A few people should be eating their words right now as that was as good a centre forward performance that we've seen in a Hearts jersey for years. Not being the 'main man' suits Calum. He was outstanding when Jankauskas & Bednar were ahead of him and it looks like the competition with Kyle and Stephen Elliott is what he thrives on. Templeton looked good but I also thought Craig Thompson & Barr were quietly excellent today.

Outstanding today. Been hung out to dry by some so called fans on here but he's always been capable and was given good support from the team today. Makes the difference

Well played today Elliot, MOTM.

Good goal, good run for penalty, intellegent run for his second goal, and hardlines with shot at the end.

More of the same please.

Aye, greedy barsteward!!! :teehee:

Seriously though - superb game from Calum... he looks like a changed player and more like the one we had back in 2006! :thumbsup:

Guest GhostHunter

The telling thing in his interview was that he has admitted his previous shortcomings by accepting advice from KK and SElliott.

That's what we've lacked over the last few years, the experienced players HELPING the youngsters coming through....

I'm actually very very impressed by Kyle in the short time he's played, he's what we've been looking for since MDV left us....a definite legend in the making.

Outstanding today. Been hung out to dry by some so called fans on here but he's always been capable and was given good support from the team today. Makes the difference

Haha. FFS.

I'm now a 'so called fan' bacause I want Hearts strikers to man the **** up and score goals rather than throw schoolboy huffs every five minutes.

:teehee:

Rudolf's Mate

Nearly wet myself when the goal went in and shouted what a goal! If he plays 50% of ges like that he'll be a revelation this season. It's long been said that JJ has a knack of getting the best out of players. I really hope this boy keeps the other Elliott out the squad due to his performances!

Outstanding today Clum...................

Keep it up, not been your biggest fan for some time!

Prove us all wrong and keep it going...............

the SPL's top scorer.

the EPL are on alert.

Unfortunately he shares that honour with Paul Hartley who also has three goals.

The lad looks borne again.

Hardly thing he's being carried.

Archived