Calum Elliott (Merged Threads)

Guest GhostHunter

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ridiculous BBC comment in the match report saying that Canning was sent off after Calum 'collapsed in the box after a lung-busting run'.

Did you expect anything else from that corrupt organisation?

Guest jambomickey

thought he was outstanding today to follow on from last weeks good performance! quite a few hearts fans have written the lad off as a dud but not me i always said he was a confidence player. :thumbsup:

I`ve never hid my criticism of Elliot band i don`t express in an offensive manner.

But tonight i eat humble pie...but just for tonight :rolleyes:

He had a fine game, in fact, a superb game. Chased down, won the odd tackle and scored two fine goals. Showed for the ball and never hid.

But he still has to prove his solidity long term. And JM, these confidence players you talk about is what we DON`T need.

I know every player has a dip but for most part strong players will be consistent. We can`t keep hoping players keep their confidence, we need players who dig deep when its not going well but still contribute. I`ll be happy if Elliot develops that mentality.

Guest jambomickey

I`ve never hid my criticism of Elliot but not in a way i become offensive.

But tonight i eat humble pie...but just for tonight :rolleyes:

He had a fine game, in fact, a superb game. Chased down, won the odd tackle and scored two fine goals. Showed for the ball and never hid.

But he still has to prove his solidity long term. And JM, these confidence players you talk about is what we DON`T need.

I know every player has a dip but for most part strong players will be consistent. We can`t keep hoping players keep their confidence, we need players who dig deep when its not going well but still contribute. I`ll be happy if Elliot develops that mentality.

i've said it many times in the past and i stand by it, calum elliot suffered because all the sacking/commitee team selection madness that went on at our club!

Howdy Doody Jambo

Simmer down class

It's only 2 games in and 3 goals for the lad

"That was good to type"

He always had the potential but now that he has matured a bit , got decent competition for his place that will push him on and the ideal strke partner in Kyle

that he has never had at the club in the last few seasons

The futures looking a lot brighter for the boy who has had a lot of stick from some fans who must be choking on their words now

But it was only Hamiton Accies

Keep up the good work Calum

I hope Mr negative is going to come on and apologise for wanting Calum "put down" last week.

Fingers crossed this good run he's on continues and I'm sure it will. Particularly away from home where his every touch isn't critiscised. Well played again today Calum. :thumbsup:

rossthejambo

I hope Mr negative is going to come on and apologise for wanting Calum "put down" last week.

Fingers crossed this good run he's on continues and I'm sure it will. Particularly away from home where his every touch isn't critiscised. Well played again today Calum. :thumbsup:

Good luck with that, he'll still not be good enough for HMFC rolleyes.gif

Was never a huge fan but he's had a good start, can't complain with 3 goals in 2 games.

i've said it many times in the past and i stand by it, calum elliot suffered because all the sacking/commitee team selection madness that went on at our club!

Every striker we've had at the club in recent times has been hung out to dry with our lone striker and no service policy. Thankfully Calum is showing that with a more attack minded manager he can flourish. If he can get 12-15 goals this season it will push his development on.

Guest jambomickey

Every striker we've had at the club in recent times has been hung out to dry with our lone striker and no service policy. Thankfully Calum is showing that with a more attack minded manager he can flourish. If he can get 12-15 goals this season it will push his development on.

not only that kevin kyle will help him just like bednar and jankauskas did.

He was outstanding today. Good to see that there will be decent competition for a place up front :thumbsup:

More of the same Elliot!

He took his goals fantastically well. But one thing I really liked is that he worked to win the ball both for his second and to win the penalty. I have a feeling all our strikers may just chip in with their fair share of goals.

kevinmackenzie14

our top goalscorers the past couple seasons have about 8/9 goals hes nearly half way there after 2 games :D hopin a good 15+ goals now

Apologies if this thread needs to get merged, but is it not time now that we should recognise Callum Elliot and not some insulting nickname.

The lad has had a fairly torrid time of things since he made his breakthrough(in a very good Hearts team). He has suffered injury,humiliation and dogs abuse(particulary on this message board) in the past. Now perhaps people will see that he aint that bad! In fact he's pretty good. He also has support that he didn't get before, and if he can stay injury free, we have just found another striker.

So, lets bin the Clum and call him by his name, I'm quite sure he'll check out this board to see what us, the punters have to say!!!!

p.s. NO I'M NOT RELATED

Guest Ash Cloud

Apologies if this thread needs to get merged, but is it not time now that we should recognise Callum Elliot and not some insulting nickname.

The lad has had a fairly torrid time of things since he made his breakthrough(in a very good Hearts team). He has suffered injury,humiliation and dogs abuse(particulary on this message board) in the past. Now perhaps people will see that he aint that bad! In fact he's pretty good. He also has support that he didn't get before, and if he can stay injury free, we have just found another striker.

So, lets bin the Clum and call him by his name, I'm quite sure he'll check out this board to see what us, the punters have to say!!!!

p.s. NO I'M NOT RELATED yeah suuuuure !

In whIch case I think you should start by calling him CALUM. blink.gif

Snake Plissken

Great stuff from Elliot today, I hope he can keep up this streak of form and get into double figures this season.

That first goal was a peach.

TBF in the last 2 games he has been outstanding and if he keeps this up then he will deserve all the plaudits over the season and he will never be known as Clum ever again!!

The Old Tolbooth

Too right, iv never been shy when criticising the lad, outstanding today, well done that man. Im happy to eat my words week in week out! Keep it up!

This!

Fair play to the lad, he was very good today! :thumbsup:

marshallschunkychicken

Harvey's not related to Calum, neither is the OP. :laugh:

I agree what he says though, give the player a break, and a bit of respect.

MOTM performance today from Elliot.

He looked like the player who played under Burley and Rix and gained confidence as the game went on.

Another few games like this one and I'll quite happily have to admit I was wrong about Clum.

Cannot argue with a word of that!!

durhamhearts

p.s. NO I'M NOT RELATED

Correct lets support him he had a great game today well done calum

p.s. NO I'M NOT RELATED

I don't know anyone that calls him clum. It seems to be a JKB thing.

amazed and delighted at this bolt from the blue. a prolific scoring clum.

i shall refrain from pretending i was any sort of enthusiast. all that needs done is to heartily congratulate the boy and urge him to try to build on this while keeping his head out of the clouds.

I've not read through all the pages on this thread but would like to say well done to Elliot. In his post match interview I was reminded that he is still just a young lad and although I have been critical of him before (in all honesty who hasn't?) I have always believed that he has something to offer.

I really hope that he kicks on from here. It's not the first time he has been the best player on the park. He has put in great performances in seasons passed against Inverness and Kilmarnock (that's just of the top of my head, if I'm wrong please correct me) and he was also influential in us winning at Easter Road last year when he came on as a sub.

The fact he burst onto the scene during 2006 and then had to bare the brunt of the awkard years to follow obviously had a negative influence on him. Hopefully both we as a club and Elliot as a plyer have come through that now and can prosper. :thumbsup:

Hearts of Vladland

I don't know anyone that calls him clum. It seems to be a JKB thing.

Heard at the game today... after he had scored 2 goals and won a penalty.

I aint been Elliots biggest fan but I got to take my hat off to the lad, he's been brilliant so far this season. :thumbsup:

He had a cracking game today aswel, and with a bit of help and advise from Kyle and S.Elliot hopefully he can keep improving and banging in more goals.

Time to prove all your Doubter wrong Callum... Keep up to good work!

Well Done :thumbsup:

chester copperpot

Like every striker(except Nade), he will score if he gets the supply from midfield.

Simples.

Can we now stop the GTF 's

Obviously some on this site just love to jump on the bandwagon concerning some players

Kello , J Thomson , Zal , Suso , C Thomson , C Elliot , A Morviec to name a few.

Just get behind them even through the hard times for a player when its not working.

Ta

Just wanted to say well done calum elliot, you've proved all the jamboskickback keyboard nerds self proclaimed football experts completely wrong. On you go son:)

Just wanted to say well done calum elliot, you've proved all the jamboskickback keyboard nerds self proclaimed football experts completely wrong. On you go son:)

No he hasnt. He has now had one half decent game and 1 very good game in about his last 50 or 60 games.

That ratio will have to keep on improving before he's proved anything to anyone.

rossthejambo

No he hasnt. He has now had one half decent game and 1 very good game in about his last 50 or 60 games.

That ratio will have to keep on improving before he's proved anything to anyone.

There's always one eh rolleyes.gif

I've given him plenty stick this past week so fair play he's proved me wrong. Well done Clum keep it up.

:)

Calum !!

rossthejambo

Was what I posted not the truth though ?

Perhaps but after 2 games, and 3 goals you could have maybe held off on the harshness.

marshallschunkychicken

I've given him plenty stick this past week so fair play he's proved me wrong. Well done Clum keep it up.

:thumb:

rossthejambo

thumbsup.gif

Now doesn't it feel a lot better to be positive?

Well done Clum.... :thumbsup:

Never slated or praised you in the past ( I think ) , Just happy the Jamtarts are scoring again. :thumbsup: and you are part of it all.

KEEP up the workrate Clum, and prove to YOURSELF that YOU ARE good enough , **** kickback boo boys + the Gorgie Boo Boys.......... CLUM aint all that crap as most make him out to be...

Well done Clum... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Perhaps but after 2 games, and 3 goals you could have maybe held off on the harshness.

If its the truth it wasnt harsh was it really.

He's done well today. No doubt about that. I think he's doing well because he realises now that he could be out the team for a very long time and possibly for good if he doesnt. I think this is also his last contracted year so its vital for him.

Something good may have happened for him psychologically because he's in the last chance saloon, and if thats what it took to push him up a notch or two then great, I'm delighted. But lets not go pretending that the last 3 years didnt happen or that he's climbed the mountain because of 3 goals, 2 of which were against shocking opposition defensively.

If he gets to double figures this season (as he should now if he's truly found the groove) he'll have proved something IMO

Archived