Mafia- Chuck Vs The Ring

jambosean75

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Geoff Kilpatrick

Evening all

So Seats, Deek thinks I lynched him? Jesus wept! He obviously is drawing conclusions from the last game.

And yet, you yourself said that the goons were happy when Arnold and I were in a tie?

Lynch away. I'm a townie and it's a waste.

Geoff Kilpatrick

My thoughts:

Non-voters Day 1 - we know now that Barney was a nobody. Seats suggests Bev and Scotland could both be goons but would two goons both not vote? Very dodgy and strange goon strategy if that were the case.

We also now know that Boof was investigated (good) and that leaves the following

Dr Sam Beckett - nothing particularly goonly but that's nothing new

Flux - weird

Kitster - extremely quiet. Normally she plays like this when she's a mason. As she isn't....

Bev - goon queen. One of her or Scotland appears goonly to me and given that Scotland didn't provoke a reaction last night (hence my reason for switching votes Seats), I put Bev on the list

Scotland - tend to think he's vanilla. Could be wrong

Seats - mason

Boof - vanilla

PJ1 - quiet, potential goon

Eckauskas - as per PJ1 but not sure

Goon list

Bev

Kitster

PJ1

Possibles

Beckett

Eckauskas

Scotland

Good

Me

Seats

Boof

Flux

vote Beverley

oh what a shock, i appear on lists again

personally, i reckon one on of kits, scotland, PJ1 or sam beckett are the bad guys. as always its just a gut feeling rather than anything else. i'm a townie is all i know, and i'd lay money on the goons being the quiet ones.

kits in particular is very quiet, usually a very vocal player full of speculation and theories but not so this game.

oh what a shock, i appear on lists again

personally, i reckon one on of kits, scotland, PJ1 or sam beckett are the bad guys. as always its just a gut feeling rather than anything else. i'm a townie is all i know, and i'd lay money on the goons being the quiet ones.

kits in particular is very quiet, usually a very vocal player full of speculation and theories but not so this game.

Just busy at work trying to help people get a roof over their heads Bev. Only on for 5 mins as came home for lunch. Since I have no babysitter I shall be mostly here tonight and I'll see if I can help out more.

Anyway, he's being very clever trying to persuade people I'm bad and managing it quite well has to be said. I can assure you I'm a buymorian, as I'm pretty sure you are too.

vote Geoff

Geoff Kilpatrick

Good teamwork ladies.

Anyway, time for sleep. Match to tune into tomorrow morning.

Care to try again, dunks?

Am I missing something here? How do we know that it was you that Chuck investigated?

I've got another day to think about it now with the ever changing deadline, so will read over the evidence again :thumbsup:

Am I missing something here? How do we know that it was you that Chuck investigated?

I've got another day to think about it now with the ever changing deadline, so will read over the evidence again :thumbsup:

Because I say so :whistling:

Arnold vowed to use BS i.e. investigate the person below him on Night 1.

Since the person below him didn't make it that far, BS dictates that, for clarity, the investigation goes to the next available person which would be me.

The investigation turned up a townie or Buymorian, if you want.

Now, we don't know for 100% certainty that I was investigated, but the probability points quite strongly in that direction.

seats is now looking likely to be the last mason - it would take a very ballsy move by the goons to claim that status, but it's one I was on the lookout for.

portobellojambo1

Arnold vowed to use BS i.e. investigate the person below him on Night 1.

Since the person below him didn't make it that far, BS dictates that, for clarity, the investigation goes to the next available person which would be me.

The investigation turned up a townie or Buymorian, if you want.

Now, we don't know for 100% certainty that I was investigated, but the probability points quite strongly in that direction.

seats is now looking likely to be the last mason - it would take a very ballsy move by the goons to claim that status, but it's one I was on the lookout for.

At least now I know what BS stands for, I thought it was an abbreviation for bullshit.

Chris Benoit

At least now I know what BS stands for, I thought it was an abbreviation for bullshit.

How have you been playing for so long and not saw one of Boofs 3,465 explanations? :lol:

So, just because Arnold said he would, we believe him? Everyone says they're a Townie, when clearly they aren't!

Ok, for now then Unvote Boof

Back to my original Vote Bev

Different reason now - the double act with Kitster, I just don't buy it :ninja:

double act with kits?

hardly!

i pointed out she's usualy far more vocal that she's been this game, and she is on my list of suspects. as are you since you seem quite keen to bump me off too. i'm no goon, no role at all in fact. but you crack on dunks. no idea why you're SO keen to get rid unless of course you're a badun yourself and i've hit on a couple of your pals in my list

double act with kits?

hardly!

i pointed out she's usualy far more vocal that she's been this game, and she is on my list of suspects. as are you since you seem quite keen to bump me off too. i'm no goon, no role at all in fact. but you crack on dunks. no idea why you're SO keen to get rid unless of course you're a badun yourself and i've hit on a couple of your pals in my list

He's so at Beverley, If you're not bad and I know I'm not, I think we've found one of them. Vote's sticking right where it is Mr K. Patter at its worst.

So, just because Arnold said he would, we believe him?

I do - but clearly it's in my interests to push that line.

There would be little point in the cop saying he'd use BS and then not doing so - that would lead to masonic confusion which is what it was designed to avoid.

I'd have to say, other than an uneasy feeling about Geoff, I'm having a struggle making a goon-list.

I don't believe it! Double act back again :teehee:

I was wrong about you last game Bev, so may well be wrong again. To be honest though, I ain't got much else to go on. I'm also suspicious about Kitster and Eck if it makes you feel any better :ninja:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Please explain your Bev is innocent patter Kits. Garden path is being created here because a GHOST thinks I'm a goon!

Bev and I are no double act as she's already mentioned, she's very suspicious of me and has been rather vocal about that. I'm inclined to trust her since she did a no post day and the only time I remember her doing that as an actual goon was as she'd fecked it up a wee bit at deadline time using her phone.

Geoff Kilpatrick

As I pointed out too, suspicion has fallen on Bev and Scotland because of those non-votes, yet when Scotland was up for being lynched yesterday, he made no effort to defend himself. Hence I unvoted him but because of that, it made me look goonly apparently.

Has Bev ever non voted deliberately though as a goon? I only remember the phone feck up one.

Dunno about Bev, but I certainly have. Worked a treat anaw.

Dunno about Bev, but I certainly have. Worked a treat anaw.

I don't think roled players should be allowed to do that. Ruins the spirit of the game. They should be mod-killed for it as I've done before. If you are all for giving people 'tasks' in games Boof..why would you be for roled players hiding out of plain sight and not posting at all in order to detract from suspicion?

I don't think roled, or any, players should be allowed to do it either, but it was allowed - or not disallowed - the time I did it and it worked in helping take suspicion away from me. I genuinely can't remember how it came about - maybe I actually did miss the deadline for real and just had to pretend I wasn't about. I'm not completely sure - Yvonne was moderating.

Trouble is if you modkill folk for not voting, the townies who get modkilled aren't really going to mind i.e. if they can't be bothered to vote, they're not going to be too disgruntled about an early bath. And if you only modkill roled folk if someone just gets a vote-ban everyone will know they're a townie. I could see someone (e.g. me:lol: ) taking advantage of that and deliberately not voting to out myself as a townie.

Clearly, now that I've brought that into the open no moderator will let it happen - tough luck on me:lol:

I'm actually NOT for roled players hiding out of sight - as you know I'm usually one of the more talkative ones trying to get folk to post. I just gave an example of a time that I did it and how it helped me at that time.

I'm not sure what the solution is - maybe that's for discussion some other time than the middle of a game. There's plenty of folk with enough experience of Mafia games to have a thread where we could discuss things like this.

Please explain your Bev is innocent patter Kits. Garden path is being created here because a GHOST thinks I'm a goon!

Your talking your usual good game Geoff. But let's face it, you know you're a goon, I know you're a goon, Arnold and Deek suspected you're a goon. That probably means you're a goon.

If you're not, I will of course apologise. But you are. :rolleyes:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Your talking your usual good game Geoff. But let's face it, you know you're a goon, I know you're a goon, Arnold and Deek suspected you're a goon. That probably means you're a goon.

If you're not, I will of course apologise. But you are. :rolleyes:

If Arnold had investigated me, he would have found out he was wrong. One of the reasons I try to be active in games is to be investigated. I don't hide.

Vote away. It's a waste and I've pinpointed my goons who are busy trying to deflect attention on to me as a consequence.

EDIT: And given Arnold had listed half the game as goons, I'd love to know how you are drawing that conclusion too.

DAY 2

DSB - arnold

geoff - dunks, scotland, barney

kits - geoff

bev - Voting Suspended

scotland - Voting Suspended

seats - bev, scotland, geoff

arnold - malky, geoff

boof - barney

malky - arnold

pj1 - scotland

eck - arnold

dunks - bev

If Arnold had investigated me, he would have found out he was wrong. One of the reasons I try to be active in games is to be investigated. I don't hide.

Vote away. It's a waste and I've pinpointed my goons who are busy trying to deflect attention on to me as a consequence.

EDIT: And given Arnold had listed half the game as goons, I'd love to know how you are drawing that conclusion too.

With his final dying breath...... he uttered the immortal words....... "vote geoff". :thumbsup:

Geoff Kilpatrick

With his final dying breath...... he uttered the immortal words....... "vote geoff". :thumbsup:

Pish utter - rearrange!

As you said yourself, the goons were happy with him and me being in a tie.

Their goondar is wrong. In fact, had you not outed yourself, you would have been top of my goon list for that comment.

Pish utter - rearrange!

As you said yourself, the goons were happy with him and me being in a tie.

Their goondar is wrong. In fact, had you not outed yourself, you would have been top of my goon list for that comment.

I'm not sure they were happy . I only made the comment to see if I couldn't spark any more activity to get Arnie out of the vote. I think you were willing to sacrifice yourself for the good of the team. I'm afraid it's gonna have to be a witches trial for you - you're too good a player for us to take your comments at face value (sorry, but I suppose thats a compliment!)

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'm not sure they were happy . I only made the comment to see if I couldn't spark any more activity to get Arnie out of the vote. I think you were willing to sacrifice yourself for the good of the team. I'm afraid it's gonna have to be a witches trial for you - you're too good a player for us to take your comments at face value (sorry, but I suppose thats a compliment!)

No worries, lynch away.

The only problem is that the goons have two guaranteed shots now. Lynch me and they get a third.

My thoughts:

Non-voters Day 1 - we know now that Barney was a nobody. Seats suggests Bev and Scotland could both be goons but would two goons both not vote? Very dodgy and strange goon strategy if that were the case.

We also now know that Boof was investigated (good) and that leaves the following

Dr Sam Beckett - nothing particularly goonly but that's nothing new

Flux - weird

Kitster - extremely quiet. Normally she plays like this when she's a mason. As she isn't....

Bev - goon queen. One of her or Scotland appears goonly to me and given that Scotland didn't provoke a reaction last night (hence my reason for switching votes Seats), I put Bev on the list

Scotland - tend to think he's vanilla. Could be wrong

Seats - mason

Boof - vanilla

PJ1 - quiet, potential goon

Eckauskas - as per PJ1 but not sure

Goon list

Bev

Kitster

PJ1

Possibles

Beckett

Eckauskas

Scotland

Good

Me

Seats

Boof

Flux

vote Beverley

Why have you not mentioned the very goonly Jambodunks????

interesting dialogue there. swithering now where to put my vote to be honest. i was gonna go for kits, but geoff is never far from my goondar in any game.

i'm inclined to go along with seats after that statement, and obviously in retaliation for voting me!!!!

in case i forget later vote geoff

seats, i hope you're right mate

Why have you not mentioned the very goonly Jambodunks????

What goonly behaviour have I demonstrated then?!

Obviously I'm still a novice at this, but I don't understand folk pleading "leave me alone, I'm a townie". At the end of the day, you're either telling the truth or blatantly lying, so what's the point? I won't believe the statement anyway and tend to look for other signs.

So, I'm not going to say "don't vote me, I'm a townie", but then I'm not saying I'm not one either :teehee:

The game is designed so the goons can work together, but the townies can't, so I don't see the point trying tbh

Voting for both days (if my cut and pasting hasn't gone awry)

DSB - (1)Boof (2) arnold

Geoff - (1)Arnold, Scotland (2) dunks, scotland, barney

Kits - (1)Dunks (2)geoff

Bev - (1)Did Not Vote (2) Could not vote

Barney - (1)DSB

Scotland - (1) Did Not Vote (2) Could not vote

Seats - (1)DSB (2) bev, scotland, geoff

Arnold - (1)geoff, boof, kits, barney, pj1, Elvis (2) malky, geoff

Boof - (1)scotland, arnold, scotland, elvis (2) barney

malky - (1)arnold

pj1 - (1)deek (2) Scotland

deek - (1)arnold, boof

eckauskas - (1)kits (2) Arnold

jambodunks - (1)Bev (2) Bev

Going to take a look back for a moment...

Evening all.

Yeah have been a bit quiet, loads of reasons though as I've mentioned. Today? Well I don't log on during the day I actually do some work ;-) I do sometimes in my lunch hour but I went shopping instead.

Not been much happening to respond to though anyway!

I'm on night shift tonight so won't be around much after this post. Will try and get on at about 7 o'clock or something.

Anyway,

vote Geoff

And time for sleep..... :ninja:

Think I'm going to have to go with this one as being possibly significant.

It might just have been the case that Arnold got a free investigation that he didn't get the chance to tell us about (or wasn't allowed to).

Fingers crossed and

Vote Geoff Kilpatrick

Archived