Mafia- Chuck Vs The Ring

jambosean75

Right, have researched Chuck and apparently the viewing figures aren't great, so it's been binned!

As for a buymorian, google came up with this ...

0.jpg

Now for an early vote, just in case Sunday is a blur. I'm going for the easy vote here - shortest name :teehee:

Vote Bev

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing that always puzzles me is the comments where people are unsure due to not knowing the show/theme of the game

I mean c'mon there some masons, goons a cop and a doc, it's not as if it's anything you've not done before

Anyway it's bed time, night peeps

oh the game will be as it always is.. good v bad

i was more thinking if there are twists and such relating to the show like when we did the twin peaks one. i got the stuff cos i watched the show but loads of people didn't get bits and pieces

i doubt it'll detract from my enjoyment, though being a townie, i'll probs be one of the first lynched as usual lol

Right, have researched Chuck and apparently the viewing figures aren't great, so it's been binned!

As for a buymorian, google came up with this ...

0.jpg

Now for an early vote, just in case Sunday is a blur. I'm going for the easy vote here - shortest name :teehee:

Vote Bev

not the shortest name as my name is BEVERLEY

not bev down.gif

Harry Palmer

Goon List...never too early imo..

Boof

kitster

Beckett

Geoff

More names to follow but as there are only 3 goons....I'll stick with 4 names anyway. Loads still to post I think.

not the shortest name as my name is BEVERLEY

not bev down.gif

Apologies :unsure:

Unvote Bev

Vote BEVERLEY :P

Harry Palmer

Stop the spamming...

Geoff, gave a stupid reason, I thought he'd be glad. :ninja:

He remains on my list.

Harry Palmer

New and improved Goon list:

Malky

Beckett

Boof

Geoff

I know the French twins are in there and I know why.....Beckett is sbout to take that ultimsate.

Geoff Kilpatrick

New and improved Goon list:

Malky

Beckett

Boof

Geoff

I know the French twins are in there and I know why.....Beckett is sbout to take that ultimsate.

There are only 3 goons, numb nuts!

Geoff Kilpatrick

Goon list

Arnold

Frenchie (refusing to recognise the new nomenclature :P)

Scotland

Geoff Kilpatrick

MODS

Please unsticky the sign-up thread and sticky this one please.

Thanks

portobellojambo1

In time honoured first round fashion I'll go for the person below me on the list as a starting vote, and vote Deek

i have a feeling i'm gonna be a wee bit lost not knowing any of the show AT ALL. hadn't even heard of it til this game.

ach well, the blonde is pretty, but where is MY eye candy purlease?!?!?!?!?!

My fotos are always on facebook if required :thumbsup: Just don't share them round your mates :whistling:

Anyway, back to the game. Who to vote for?

Vote Dr Sam Beckett

For yet another identity crisis.

COME ON THE JT'S!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Forgot to bold my vote

Harry Palmer

There are only 3 goons, numb nuts!

Which, if you'd read above, I know there are 3 goons but felt what the hell I'll stick four down anyway.

No harm in having an extra name in there at this stage. :)

Still think goons are hiding, but not all are.

Harry Palmer

3hrs sleep is not advisable, especially when you wake up and think you're late for somewhere you never had to be in the first place.... :down:

Still think goons are hiding, but not all are.

So the goons could be anyone, good stuff :thumbsup:

FWIW I'd guess you're not a goon based on the last game where you hid like a cheap dimestore hood (got to love stand by me!)

Unless you're making a conscious decision to post more but saying very little

Harry Palmer

So the goons could be anyone, good stuff :thumbsup:

FWIW I'd guess you're not a goon based on the last game where you hid like a cheap dimestore hood (got to love stand by me!)

Unless you're making a conscious decision to post more but saying very little

I'm not a penguin enthusiast.

Just for the BSers amongst y'all...if Geoff happens to be the cop CLEARLY he'll investigate kitster (if he's a BSer) as flux (jammy git) isn't worth investigating.

And yes, I have checked that Geoff is an avowed BSer.

Chris Benoit

Nice to see that for the 73rd game running me and Malky have made it onto Arnolds goon list :rolleyes:

As always i won't be putting up a goon list until day 3 :ninja:

Harry Palmer

With all the BS being flung about, which I've no doubt contributed to, I think sean has done well.

So far....he's not had his first deadline vote count yet. :)

Pleased that he's taken my advice with an amendment to the rules.

I'm sure other folk will be around afterwards.

Unvote Barney

With all the BS being flung about, which I've no doubt contributed to, I think sean has done well.

So far....he's not had his first deadline vote count yet. :)

Pleased that he's taken my advice with an amendment to the rules.

I'm sure other folk will be around afterwards.

Unvote Barney

You really are slavering a bit Arnold. Clever game plan or mental insomniac posts? Not sure.

Chris Benoit

Have you not played for a wee while Arnold?

I'm having a bit of a job reading you...

He's Jack Regan

This is a bit un-JRish then...as far as I can remember.

Which, admittedly, isn't all that far.

Torn between a blustering in-yer-face goon or simply a stir-em-up townie.

Because of that I'm reasonably confident that he'll not be good-roled...however will be keeping an eye on him.

I'm beginning to lean towards thinking him a townie simply because with only 3 goons they wouldn't want to risk losing one early doors.

So, for now...

Unvote Arnold

Boof, hiding in plain sight?

Like I said, he played a very quiet game as a goon the last game so may be a conscious decision to post more

He's not saying much but posting a lot and voting randomly without reasoning and it doesn't look like he's fishing as he's not leaving the votes on long enough to get a reaction

Harry Palmer

Great stuff. :thumbsup:

I'm sticking with my list in the mean time. But I'll be quiet for a while if you find it unsettling.

See ya. :)

Geoff Kilpatrick

Hmmm, interesting thinking from Malky or a bid to deflect attention?

Anyway, unvote Arnold - he's back to playing his normal spamfest

vote Scotland

Hmmm, interesting thinking from Malky or a bid to deflect attention?

just a thought Geoff, fact is unless I get investigated early doors I will be lynched and I fancy my chances of getting killed by the goons

I don't need to deflect as it'd be pointless

The Ring have found out that The Intersect is hidden in the mind of an employee of the Buy More, Burbank branch.

They've sent agents to infiltrate the staff in attempt to find the Intersect.

Can you locate them before they find what they're looking for.

ROLES

Good

Chuck - Our hero who has The Intersect in his head. Investigates one person per night and the results are passed to his handlers.

Handlers - John Casey & Sarah Walker. Sent to train & protect Chuck they will receive the results of his investigations and can communicate with each other off thread.

Doc - Ellie, Chuck's sister and a doctor who gets 1 save per night. Can't protect the same person 2 Nights running.

BuyMorians x 8 - to describe them as lazy & incompetent would be praising them quite frankly as they're not exactly model employees. They believe Head Office is investigating them and will attempt to lynch one person per night to catch the infiltrater.

BAD

The Director - Leader of The Ring

Daniel Shaw - once 1 of the good guys until he learned that Sarah had killed his wife.

Col. James Keller - recruite Casey to the NSA before he joined The Ring

The 3 Ring agents work together and can communicate off thread. They will eliminate 1 person per night.

Other

Morgan - the identity of the person playing this character will be known to everybody and they won't be able to be lynched or killed by the goons.

they won't be able to vote on a daily basis, they will only vote in the case of a tie in which case they have the casting vote.

they will have a night time activity that will come first in the running order.

i will have a list of numbered scenarios some of which benefit the town, some the goons.

morgan will pick a number and i will tell him the scenario.

he will then have to make a choice eg answer the phone or let it ring out etc.

one choice will make something happen, one will lead to nothing happening but he won't know which is which.

some of these scenarios will then require him to pick another number which will pick a randomly numbered player from the remaining players to have something happen to.

should we get to the situation where there's only one townie/good roled character and one goon left, morgan would get to cast the tying vote and he would be allowed to vote either way

depending on who he feels merits to win the game and he would then join this winning team.

Order of night time activity is Morgan, Chuck, Doc & finally The Ring

Non-posters will be mod killed, non-voters will have voting removed for the next day. Remember to bold votes/unvotes. No communication out with the game unless you have a role that says you can.

Dead people please dont speculate on thread.

Deadline 8pm on Sunday and night activities to be in by 9pm

After that deadlines will be mostly every night at 9pm and deadline for night activity 10pm but will be confirmed the night before( i play 5's twice a week which will interfere with this).

Roles will be out soon and everyone will get a PM. Please do not use contents in the game.

Sean, sorry I missed teh signing on deadline as this game looks great, Good luck with the modding it.

Yowser!!

It is quiet.

Where is everybody?

I've been away for half the day and we're still only on post reply # 87.

Poor show from the rest of ye's.

you need a new reason too since its not the shortest name any more!!

In the last game, you attempted to excuse your non-posting on being nothing but a townie. You're all over this thread early doors, so clearly a goon this time round :ninja:

Arnold 18

Boof 13

MalkyMcFrench 9

Beverley 6

Geoff Kilpatrick 6

jambosean75 5

Dr Sam Beckett 5

Flux 5

jambodunks 4

chimpos 3

kitster 3

Lionel Messi 2

seats 2

Bigsmak 2

Deek 1

Eckauskas 1

swavkav 1

Scotland 1

portobellojambo1 1

Geoff Kilpatrick

Suppose I'd better check in. En route to see a woman about another dog. Hmmm!

I hate this stage in games! You get slated if you don't post, but there is bugger all to say at this stage - all you can do is put in a random vote and sit back and see what happens. :mellow:

Unvote Arnold

Vote Boof

In the last game he lambasted us with BS, however in this game he has only gave it piecemeal.

Is it because he is a goon?

Suppose I'd better check in. En route to see a woman about another dog. Hmmm!

or is it.... Suppose I'd better check in. En route to see a dog about another woman. Hmmm!

Bing Bong Bing, good morning campers

Not got much to add so far, it's been a quiet start but that's usually what happens when a game starts over the weekend and there's a game on hopefully it'll pick up tomorrow

Just curious if Arnold has taking the huff!

BS anyone? :lol:

A few more takers for BS wouldn't do any harm - in fact if they managed to find the cop, that should be the cop fairly safe as they'd not want to kill him/her for fear of outing themselves.

C'mon folks - you know it makes sense.

Just for the BSers amongst y'all...if Geoff happens to be the cop CLEARLY he'll investigate kitster (if he's a BSer) as flux (jammy git) isn't worth investigating.

And yes, I have checked that Geoff is an avowed BSer.

Vote Boof

In the last game he lambasted us with BS, however in this game he has only gave it piecemeal.

Is it because he is a goon?

3 out of 13 posts mention BS.

Isn't that enough for you?

The simple reason for it not being 13/13 this time is because, as far as I'm aware, we've no new players. I believe jambodunks was a newbie last time, hence the detailed explanation.

I hate this stage in games! You get slated if you don't post, but there is bugger all to say at this stage - all you can do is put in a random vote and sit back and see what happens. :mellow:

No, no, seats. You can post away, ask questions, think out loud, try and do anything to get under the goons' skin and annoy them into slipping up.

For instance, for the moment, I'm under the impression that Arnold doesn't have a good role - simply because I don't think someone with a good role would have been quite so vocal on day 1. But that's only my reading of it - I could be completely wrong and feel like a prize chump when the game's over (or it's revealed that he's God or something like that).

But as always, I urge anyone NOT to simply follow my thought processes sheep-like but think for yourselves.

I realise I've been very vocal and, by my thought-processes that should make me not good-roled either.

Maybe I am, maybe I'm not.

Maybe the goons will waste a night-hit on me thinking I do have a good role.

Maybe I want the town to think I have a good role so they don't lynch me.

Up to you guys...

One thing I won't be is bottom of the post-count.:lol:

Archived