Mafia- Chuck Vs The Ring

jambosean75

just home

why is my name in bold dunks??

trying to frame me??

Not frame you, no. Just confirming my reason for voting for you at this early stage. At the end of the day, we pretty much know nothing about everyone except Flux. Like Boof, I'm intrigued by Arnold's early vocals and he is therefore a suspect in my eyes. Boof is very vocal too, but in only my second game, I figure Boof would be very vocal whatever :whistling:

In the last game, you were hardly on in the early days and as I remember had to forfeit voting for a day because of it. Your defence was that you were just a Townie and therefore too bored to post. This time you're one of the top posters, so that indicates to me that you have a role to play other than townie. It may of course be a good role, but it's all I've got to go on for now.

So, I'm not trying to frame you Bev, I'm going on the limited evidence available to me at this time. Others can make their own minds up :thumbsup:

To everyone else - apologies for the rather serious Sunday morning post and lack of amusing images :ninja:

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Harry Palmer

Bing Bong Bing, good morning campers

Not got much to add so far, it's been a quiet start but that's usually what happens when a game starts over the weekend and there's a game on hopefully it'll pick up tomorrow

Just curious if Arnold has taking the huff!

I've not taken the huff, I've merely taken a step back to allow other people an opportunity to post insightful thoughts. However, not many other people have posted.

I'll hold my vote in the meantime.

:)

can we please keep the noise down.

i would do a vote count but my head hurts too much at the moment.

anybody trying to get revenge for day 1 mass vote changes by myself in previous games is likely to be mod killed with prejudice and yes, i mean you arnold. :verymad:

how can anything that makes you feel sooooo good the night before make you feel sooooo bad the next morning. :down:

1. Dr Sam Beckett

3. Geoff Kilpatrick

4. Flux,

5. Kits

6. Bev

7. Barnacle Stinson

8. Scotland

9. Seats

10. Arnold

11. Elvis Legend

13. Boof

14. MalkyMcFrench

15. portobellojambo1

18. Deek

22. Eckauskas

23. jambodunks

Arnold 19

Boof 15

MalkyMcFrench 10

Geoff Kilpatrick 8

Flux 7

Beverley 7

jambodunks 6

Dr Sam Beckett 5

kitster 3

Deek 3

seats 3

Bigsmak 2

Scotland 1

Eckauskas 1

portobellojambo1 1

ELVIS LEGEND 0

Eh?

I wrote a post explaining why I'd had to add Elvis to the bottom of the list i.e. because he'd not yet appeared on the post-count list.

Must'a forgot to press 'Post'.

Might just go ahead and...

Vote Scotland

Hey folks, watching the Hubz game, how Miller escaped a yellow there is beyond me! Who's the ref? Oh its Brines. :rolleyes:

Been awfy quiet, myself included but it has been 10 yrs since we won away from home by that margin so I'm sure many have just been celebrating it.

Not voting yet, hope a few more show up soon.

Harry Palmer

can we please keep the noise down.

i would do a vote count but my head hurts too much at the moment.

anybody trying to get revenge for day 1 mass vote changes by myself in previous games is likely to be mod killed with prejudice and yes, i mean you arnold. :verymad:

how can anything that makes you feel sooooo good the night before make you feel sooooo bad the next morning. :down:

Making the rules up as you go along post imo. :ninja:

Should've limited the number of vote changes per day if you're not happy.

vote pj1

Likely to be my last vote of the day.

Making the rules up as you go along post imo. :ninja:

Should've limited the number of vote changes per day if you're not happy.

vote pj1

Likely to be my last vote of the day.

nah, just kidding.

people are entitled to make as many vote changes as they want.

1. Dr Sam Beckett - Boof

3. Geoff Kilpatrick - Arnold / Scotland

4. Flux,

5. Kits

6. Bev

7. Barnacle Stinson

8. Scotland

9. Seats - Dr Sam

10. Arnold - Geoff / Boof / kitster / Barney / PJ1

11. Elvis Legend

13. Boof - Scotland / Arnold / Scotland

14. MalkyMcFrench

15. portobellojambo1 - Deek

18. Deek Arnold / Boof

22. Eckauskas - kitster

23. jambodunks - Beverley

Giving us

Boof - 2

Scotland - 2

Dr Sam - 1

PJ1 - 1

Deek - 1

kitster - 1

Beverley - 1

up to reply #109

Still time to unvote me and find someone dodgy folks.

1. Dr Sam Beckett - Boof

3. Geoff Kilpatrick - Arnold / Scotland

4. Flux,

5. Kits

6. Bev

7. Barnacle Stinson

8. Scotland

9. Seats - Dr Sam

10. Arnold - Geoff / Boof / kitster / Barney / PJ1

11. Elvis Legend

13. Boof - Scotland / Arnold / Scotland

14. MalkyMcFrench

15. portobellojambo1 - Deek

18. Deek Arnold / Boof

22. Eckauskas - kitster

23. jambodunks - Beverley

Giving us

Boof - 2

Scotland - 2

Dr Sam - 1

PJ1 - 1

Deek - 1

kitster - 1

Beverley - 1

up to reply #109

Still time to unvote me and find someone dodgy folks.

this matches what i've got written down

Harry Palmer

I'm changing my vote and as he hasn't posted at all.

unvote pj1

vote Elvis

Far too many folk hiding away and with so few players it is essential that everyone contributes.

Also had a read back and saw Frenchies post about him and Malky being on my list. Well, no shit Sherlock. I think the last time was when you were both goons and we all know what happened then.

It'll be interesting to see who the goons go for.

Including the last sentence, of course... :angel:

the vote count smart arse.

dinnae mess, i've got a hangover and the power to modkill.

the power, i've got the power

hahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhaha

portobellojambo1

unvote pj1

vote Elvis

Far too many folk hiding away and with so few players it is essential that everyone contributes.

Also had a read back and saw Frenchies post about him and Malky being on my list. Well, no shit Sherlock. I think the last time was when you were both goons and we all know what happened then.

For me it is not a case of hiding away Arnold. At this early stage in games I don't really know what to post, because I haven't got a clue who is what, which is why first round tends to be a post showing a vote and not a lot else (think previous games will also show I rarely post during the first round (in fact truth is I don't tend to post a lot in the games at all, I tend to read what others have posted and try and take something from those other posts before voting)).

Harry Palmer

For me it is not a case of hiding away Arnold. At this early stage in games I don't really know what to post, because I haven't got a clue who is what, which is why first round tends to be a post showing a vote and not a lot else (think previous games will also show I rarely post during the first round (in fact truth is I don't tend to post a lot in the games at all, I tend to read what others have posted and try and take something from those other posts before voting)).

I'm well aware of that pj1 and I think most know your usual game. First days usually crap and we'll no doubt kill someone good in a tie or something.

I'm sure there could be a way to make 1st day a little more interesting.

Chris Benoit

Give the cop a free investigation...

usually i'd agree but wih limited numbers gives us too much of an advantage

unvote pj1

vote Elvis

Why change your vote to a non poster though? Surely if roled he'd at least turn up to speak?

I'm in the vote non-poster camp as if he's going to be modkilled there's no point risking losing a townie or good roled player in the day 1 lynch.

There's only 3 goons out of the 16 players so chances of hitting one at random are slim.

Given that they're probably adept enough at blending in either through hiding in full view or just hiding the chances of bagging one are even worse.

So, in my book, better to lynch someone who's going to be modkilled anyway.

But I think I'd need clarification from Sean that is what will happen before switching my vote.

Assuming I remember to look back in before deadline which is...when? I'm gonna guess 9pm, but canna be ersed to look back at OP just now.

I'm in the vote non-poster camp as if he's going to be modkilled there's no point risking losing a townie or good roled player in the day 1 lynch.

There's only 3 goons out of the 16 players so chances of hitting one at random are slim.

Given that they're probably adept enough at blending in either through hiding in full view or just hiding the chances of bagging one are even worse.

But I think I'd need clarification from Sean that is what will happen before switching my vote.

Assuming I remember to look back in before deadline which is...when? I'm gonna guess 9pm, but canna be ersed to look back at OP just now.

deadline tonight is at 8pm and yes he will be modkilled if he doesn't post.

Harry Palmer

usually i'd agree but wih limited numbers gives us too much of an advantage

I refer you to my first ever game which had the same numbers.

kitster, I'd refer you to that game when the doc was modkilled for not posting, the player isn't taking part and hasn't posted but I'm sure it was fairly recent. Might have been Deeks last game.

If they don't post then what's the point in signing up.

My vote stays.

vote count

boof 2

scotland 2

bev 1

jambodunks 1

DSB 1

elvis 1

deek 1

kitster 1

still to vote bev, barney, scotland elvis & malky

BoJack Horseman

Shit, forgot about this, haven't read a word of it but to get a vote in

vote Sam Beckett

vote count

boof 2

scotland 2

DSB 2

bev 1

jambodunks 1

elvis 1

deek 1

kitster 1

still to vote bev, scotland elvis & malky

with 4 yet to vote it's possible they think the deadline is 9 and i'm considering extending it to then.

any objections?

with 4 yet to vote it's possible they think the deadline is 9 and i'm considering extending it to then.

any objections?

or can I place a random vote on their behalf? :)

Vote by Random Proxy

or can I place a random vote on their behalf? :)

Vote by Random Proxy

now that's a possibility :rolleyes:

Harry Palmer

I have objections. If they can't be bothered to turn up and vote after 2 days. Tough.

Even though I'm at risk of departing, I'd say a deadline's a deadline.

Plus i want to see what Flux has to do:lol:

vote count

boof 2

elvis 2

DSB 2

scotland 1

bev 1

jambodunks 1

deek 1

kitster 1

still to vote bev, scotland elvis & malky

Deadline has been extended until 9pm

this is a one off as it's night 1.

it will not be repeated.

I have objections. If they can't be bothered to turn up and vote after 2 days. Tough.

it's possible i didn't make the deadline clear enough.

this will be a 1 time extension.

The Ring have found out that The Intersect is hidden in the mind of an employee of the Buy More, Burbank branch.

They've sent agents to infiltrate the staff in attempt to find the Intersect.

Can you locate them before they find what they're looking for.

ROLES

Good

Chuck - Our hero who has The Intersect in his head. Investigates one person per night and the results are passed to his handlers.

Handlers - John Casey & Sarah Walker. Sent to train & protect Chuck they will receive the results of his investigations and can communicate with each other off thread.

Doc - Ellie, Chuck's sister and a doctor who gets 1 save per night. Can't protect the same person 2 Nights running.

BuyMorians x 8 - to describe them as lazy & incompetent would be praising them quite frankly as they're not exactly model employees. They believe Head Office is investigating them and will attempt to lynch one person per night to catch the infiltrater.

BAD

The Director - Leader of The Ring

Daniel Shaw - once 1 of the good guys until he learned that Sarah had killed his wife.

Col. James Keller - recruite Casey to the NSA before he joined The Ring

The 3 Ring agents work together and can communicate off thread. They will eliminate 1 person per night.

Other

Morgan - the identity of the person playing this character will be known to everybody and they won't be able to be lynched or killed by the goons.

they won't be able to vote on a daily basis, they will only vote in the case of a tie in which case they have the casting vote.

they will have a night time activity that will come first in the running order.

i will have a list of numbered scenarios some of which benefit the town, some the goons.

morgan will pick a number and i will tell him the scenario.

he will then have to make a choice eg answer the phone or let it ring out etc.

one choice will make something happen, one will lead to nothing happening but he won't know which is which.

some of these scenarios will then require him to pick another number which will pick a randomly numbered player from the remaining players to have something happen to.

should we get to the situation where there's only one townie/good roled character and one goon left, morgan would get to cast the tying vote and he would be allowed to vote either way

depending on who he feels merits to win the game and he would then join this winning team.

Order of night time activity is Morgan, Chuck, Doc & finally The Ring

Non-posters will be mod killed, non-voters will have voting removed for the next day. Remember to bold votes/unvotes. No communication out with the game unless you have a role that says you can.

Dead people please dont speculate on thread.

Deadline 8pm on Sunday and night activities to be in by 9pm

After that deadlines will be mostly every night at 9pm and deadline for night activity 10pm but will be confirmed the night before( i play 5's twice a week which will interfere with this).

Roles will be out soon and everyone will get a PM. Please do not use contents in the game.

flux can see this fine

Tomorrows Deadline will be 10pm

the 5's finish at 9.30 so if i rush off and put the foot down i can be back here for just after 10.

night activity deadline will be exactly 30 minutes after i post story

due to the later deadline

No probs.

Now...anyone who's voted for me...don't be such a plonker!!

You've got 53 minutes to put in a sensible vote.

How much more innocent could I be if I had the chance to put Dr Sam into the lead with minutes to go and didn't do it in case he happens to be a good roled guy? Better the town lose me than a good roled player - which he just might be. Obviously even better if the town loses a goon, but I'm afraid I can't identify any just now.

Give me a B, give me a O.... etc

I agree with Boof. Making the rules up once the game is live reeks of the SFA :ninja:

Harry Palmer

I agree with Boof. Making the rules up once the game is live reeks of the SFA :ninja:

Hearing this sean? :lol:

I can only suggest that frantic pm's have been exchanged.

Hearing this sean? :lol:

I can only suggest that frantic pm's have been exchanged.

I haven't sent or received emails to do with the deadline with the exception of flux when i gave him instructions of what to do should it end in a tie.

Harry Palmer

I haven't sent or received emails to do with the deadline with the exception of flux when i gave him instructions of what to do should it end in a tie.

Did I suggest you were? :)

Nothing has happened since the extension except Malky turning up and hasn't voted yet.

No doubt everyone will appear before 9.

Right im still out and have read feck all but to get a vote in ill vote arnold hope that works edit to fix vote damn phone

confirmed.

He said kill all the buggers who don't vote :) or maybe not :)

The goons seem happy with the current vote situation.

vote count

boof 2

elvis 2

DSB 2

scotland 1

bev 1

jambodunks 1

deek 1

kitster 1

arnold 1

still to vote bev, scotland & elvis

Deadline has been extended until 9pm