Hartley On Radio Scotland

LAIRDY14

Their Div 1 avg attendances far surpasses a lot of their SPL avgs

Thats not facts.

You said that hHibs average crowd was bigger than what Aberdeen get most seasons in the SPL. Unless you're going to come up with actual statistics (link will be needed to verify you're not making it up) then we can only take your word for it.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ToadKiller Dog

There was 3,200 approx sheep in perth which yes a good away support , but i predict when they return there for the next time 1,000 max ,Aberdeen always take a decent away support to the first away game of the season stats prove this and it quickly falls once the delusional start wears off .

Also the media were told and were boasting about it all day that St Johnstone/tayside police were told to expect 4,000 plus by Aberdeen .

Mind St Johnstone spent the last 15 minutes with an injured Morris in which time the sheep sneaked there winner in a tight game .

All that said our away support has not been great of recent times ,more so at games kicking off at stupid oclock .

Seymour M Hersh

There was 3,200 approx sheep in perth which yes a good away support , but i predict when they return there for the next time 1,000 max ,Aberdeen always take a decent away support to the first away game of the season stats prove this and it quickly falls once the delusional start wears off .

Also the media were told and were boasting about it all day that St Johnstone/tayside police were told to expect 4,000 plus by Aberdeen .

Mind St Johnstone spent the last 15 minutes with an injured Morris in which time the sheep sneaked there winner in a tight game .

All that said our away support has not been great of recent times ,more so at games kicking off at stupid oclock .

Meant to have been a crappy game too.

we were behind both goals min.

and to think you lot couldnt fill a 1800 stand at a game little more than 30 miles from Edinburgh.

By the way our game was a noon kick off live on the telly. And the telly companies have chosen to televise the Hamilton Hearts fixture the last couple of seasons because there are enough viewers out there to make it worthwhile for them.

To think for a large part of last season you barely filled 1 out of every 3 seats at your dump. .????????????????

Once again hearts have sold more season tickets than Aberdeen average gate last season-I'm Yet to hear an explanation as to how away fans impact that statistic?????

The thread was about whether Aberdeen can take 5,000 to an away game or not. I'm still waiting to hear what your home crowds have to do with that.

Hearts have a bigger home crowd than Aberdeen.

Aberdeen have a bigger away crowd than Hearts.

Facts back that up. Why anyone needs to argue about it is beyond me.

Thats not facts.

You said that hHibs average crowd was bigger than what Aberdeen get most seasons in the SPL. Unless you're going to come up with actual statistics (link will be needed to verify you're not making it up) then we can only take your word for it.

I said nothing of the sort you ring piece, away and boil yer heid in shite

I was commenting on hibs record in the 1st, since then I believe their avg has been larger than yours more often than not but tbh I can't be arsed checking

I said nothing of the sort you ring piece, away and boil yer heid in shite

No, but your mate "Stirlo" did.

No need to get upset that I presumed the two of you were the same person. You and him aren't big pals I take it?

Konrad von Carstein

The thread was about whether Aberdeen can take 5,000 to an away game or not. I'm still waiting to hear what your home crowds have to do with that.

Facts would also suggest that Hearts are more than capable of having close to 5k away support, I think what is common to both teams is that this is NOT the norm.

Despite some idiotic claims of 5k Aberdeen fans at Tynecastle, I would agree that you bring more fans to tynecastle than the rest (outwith the OF and hibs)but as the season wears on this figure decreases.

As for arguing about it, I agree it is a bit pointless, bald men fighting over a comb comes to mind, I'd much rather be be able to discuss our (teams outwith the OF) chances of splitting (or indeed finishing above) the OF.

It has to happen again at some point surely?

I haven't read through this whole thread but what facts exist around the away crowds of teams? :unsure:

Good grief.

Aberdeen fans get a good start to the season & start bragging about SHITE.

FFS. Your pissy little club is SHITE. Your pissy little history is SHITE. And your home supports for many a year has been SHITE.

Now **** off.

So basically what you are saying is that you would rather pump money into other clubs than your own.

we were behind both goals min.

and to think you lot couldnt fill a 1800 stand at a game little more than 30 miles from Edinburgh.

Whats a 'min'?

And 42 miles is over 30% more than 30 miles.

Numbers are exactly your strong point,are they?

And yet the sheep only take 3,000 to Perth.

Good one Paul. When was the last time Aberdeen filled the away end at ER compared to Hearts who fill it all the time. Did Aberdeen ever fill the whole stand behind the goals at Ibrox or Parkhead. Aberdeen have the biggest stadium in the SPL outside the OF and remember either last season or the year before the news were going on about how it was the first time Aberdeen had a sell out crowd in years. Point proved.

linkin- hearts
<br>Lol, I was at the game today and we were not in the minority I asure you of that, not bad for a midday kickoff on the tv...<br><br>I'm bored if you now! Hearts will most likely finish above Aberdeen as per usual! This is undoubtedly a fact, hearts will also average significantly more than Aberdeen as per usual  last season it was about 4500 of a Difference I think in a season where we were equally pish..in fact if you take your average gate last season, and add the 4200(a little embellishment as seems to be the norm when talking about the dons away support?) you still fall short...We sold more season tickets than your average gate<br><br>You can only spin shite so much - but whatever helps you het to sleep at night<br>
<br><br>This is what helps them sleep at night, king   :whistling:

Dean Winchester

And yet the sheep only take 3,000 to Perth.

Good one Paul. When was the last time Aberdeen filled the away end at ER compared to Hearts who fill it all the time. Did Aberdeen ever fill the whole stand behind the goals at Ibrox or Parkhead. Aberdeen have the biggest stadium in the SPL outside the OF and remember either last season or the year before the news were going on about how it was the first time Aberdeen had a sell out crowd in years. Point proved.

Certainly wasn't last year. We had a game with a higher attendance than them. As did Hibs. :whistling:

Dons fans at McDairmid Park today, 3200.

And there in lies your problem..................................Richard Gordon telling us 4,500 were making the journey, Hartley spouting off about 5,000.

You took 3200 to the only 3pm kick-off in the SPL today on the back of a 4-0 victory the week before, well done..................how many would have travelled if Hamilton had beat you last week ?

Re away supports at Tannadice, many a time we have filled behind the goals and their crappy stands all the way down (and round the wee bit at the end) the side of the pitch and we have done that for midweek games.

A few games you will maybe have a bigger travelling support than us (normally depending on how each team is doing) but generally over the piece we have a bigger travelling support than you lot. Hearts win 3or4 on the trot and we will fill most away ends and sing nore than one song, what we won't do is make up ridiculous numbers or shout from the rooftops.

Aberdeen fans arguing about away supports is like Hibs fans talking about Scottish Cup glory.

If we're being honest about it, our away support is pretty poor these days. The numbers that travel north to Inverness and Aberdeen can be quite embarrassing.

linkin- hearts

FFS dear hearts, get rid of that. It's horrific.

Hope it's not getting on your goat:whistling:

Doctor FinnBarr

easy enough min.

as for taking more fans at neutral venues, Glasgow is not a geographical neutral venue, 35 miles from Edinbugh, 140

from Aberdeen.

Dundee is almost half way although again Edinburgh is closer to Dundee than Aberdeen is. We always take more to Dundee than you lot, and no it is not a derby. If there was a national stadium 30 miles from Aberdeen we could fill a 50,000 stadia with our own fans, families would be able to attend a game which is 40 minutes away, a bit like Glasgow is 40 minutes away from Edinburgh.

As for average 'home' gates, take away, away fans from home attendances and a different picture would be painted, the likes of hibs/Dundee Utd and Hearts hardly ever get into 4 figures for games at Pittodrie.

Oh and i think you will find that our trophy cabinet is a tad more illustrious than yours.

We dont list a tennents six's win on our honours list.

Were going to win the league again.

fly the flag, fly the flag.

Drunk again Daisy?

:down:

When was the last time Aberdeen filled the away end at ER compared to Hearts who fill it all the time.

Oh dear.... :rolleyes:

Did Aberdeen ever fill the whole stand behind the goals at Ibrox or Parkhead.

Yes, and I believe from Rangers and Celtic fans we take more to both stadiums these days than you do.

Point proved.

I'm not sure I even know what point you were trying to make.

Your pissy little history is SHITE

Aberdeen have a more illustrious history than Hearts. I'd love to see you try and prove me wrong.

linkin- hearts

Yes, and I believe from Rangers and Celtic fans we take more to both stadiums these days than you do.

Aberdeen have a more illustrious history than Hearts. I'd love to see you try and prove me wrong.

Which makes me ask the question, if it's so great being an aberdeen supporter, why do you keep coming onto a Hearts forum for your entertainment? Surely all the ewes can't be menstruating at the same time, go get laid.:rolleyes:

Which makes me ask the question, if it's so great being an aberdeen supporter, why do you keep coming onto a Hearts forum for your entertainment? Surely all the ewes can't be menstruating at the same time, go get laid.:rolleyes:

Because Aberdeen fans like to travel. I'm merely bulking up the away support on the forum. :thumbsup:

How come Aberdeen are the only team you ever here bang on about the Cup Winners Cup.You never here Rangers shout about it or any of the English sides that won it.They are happy they won it then moved on but its all Aberdeen have to shout about.Im not saying im glad Hearts never won it because of course it would have been great but **** me teams like Mechelen have won that trophy and now like Aberdeen are a nothing team.

Guest John Meurig Thomas

I hate to say it but Leyenda is making a few of you look ridiculous and small-time. Just give up and accept they travel a bit better than us.

linkin- hearts

Look, i know you're still feeling a bit giddy from being in such an elevated position in the league but don't worry, it won't be for too much longer, you'll soon be back to mid-table mediocrity.:thumbsup:

Apart from the late 70's - mid 80's what have you got to boast about. If it wasn't for the re-formation of the SPL changing from 10 teams to 12 in 1999/2000 your pesh club might not even be in the top division. Don't get me wrong European silverware is very impressive for any Scottish side but it's all the Aberdeen supporters live on. As for the fans half the people that go are wee daft kids who go for the fun of it and the rest of your bunch turn on the backroom staff quicker than a dug on speed.

How long without a trophy?

Last appearence in a cup final?

Point proved.

Doctor FinnBarr

Why don't you try to prove us wrong!

Anyway, when does work on the new stadium in Upper Torry begin?

:ninja:

Harry Palmer

My brother used to support Aberdeen in the '80s. He now supports the Rats from Leith....

I enjoy laughing in his face.

:)

Guest John Meurig Thomas

As for the fans half the people that go are wee daft kids who go for the fun of it and the rest of your bunch turn on the backroom staff quicker than a dug on speed.

Please stop. There's so much wrong with that that I feel embarrassed that you're arguing on behalf of Hearts.

Hibs are a bigger club than Aberdeen.

If Hampden was re-built in Dundee and Aberdeen played Hearts or Hibs in a final then both Edinburgh teams would take more to the game. Obviously Hearts would take the most - Hibs would fight over Aberdeen who would have the most empty seats but I reckon The Sheep would shade it.

Hard but fair.

Please stop. There's so much wrong with that that I feel embarrassed that you're arguing on behalf of Hearts.

Least i'm trying to prove this sheepshagger wrong. Would you rather this welt came on our forum trying to rip the pesh and we just let him do it.

Guest John Meurig Thomas

Least i'm trying to prove this sheepshagger wrong. Would you rather this welt came on our forum trying to rip the pesh and we just let him do it.

Aye but you can do better than argue about stuff that's just plain wrong. They do travel better than us - they take more to Tynie than we take to Aberdeen, added to the fact that they'll take more to any given club than we will, apart from Hibs. And to say their fans are just "wee daft kids who go for the fun of it"....aye, and? We have those. We also have people who turn on our own players/management/ownership as well. Pot kettle etc..

kingantti1874

I live in the central belt, Aberdeen USED to have a big support all around here, the key word is used-no kids grow up these days supporting Aberdeen, it's rangers Celtic hearts and the hub.., unattractive club, unattractive city for attracting players to, dwindling support getting smaller year on year..Aberdeen are a dying club-you will NEVER attract the kind of success you think you deserve-there are probably more Huns than donsfdans in Aberdeen these days.

Yes the cwc was a tremendous achievement, wish it was us...

Doctor FinnBarr

"Our forum", the jury is still out on you matey boy!

Drylaw Hearts

Aberdeen may have a decent away support on the odd occasion but what does that prove ?

It's at home where it really counts.

Tommy Wiseau

I think your best contribution to this particular debate would be to stop posting.

Aye but you can do better than argue about stuff that's just plain wrong. They do travel better than us - they take more to Tynie than we take to Aberdeen, added to the fact that they'll take more to any given club than we will, apart from Hibs. And to say their fans are just "wee daft kids who go for the fun of it"....aye, and? We have those. We also have people who turn on our own players/management/ownership as well. Pot kettle etc..

I've never seen or heard of our supporters throwing stuff and spitting at our manager just cause we lost a few games. I understand we have alot of supporters who turn on the players and management etc. which I really don't like in alot of cases. After the St.Johnstone game I was one of the very few supporters at my section of the main stand who applauded the players for the efforts rather than boo.

Photographic evidence from Govan Road that the numbers are not as high as the sheep claim.

post-334-078141600 1282490584_thumb.jpg

Anyway, an old farmer tells me that scrapie seriously effects a sheep's ability to count!!!

"Our forum", the jury is still out on you matey boy!

The jury can think whatever they want about me. However, I would be a really sad person if after a year of posting on JKB and not a single one of them being anti-Hearts I was just some wee Hobo trying to get a kick. Can't prove anything on the internet but I know i'm a devoted and loyal supporter who will turn up at Tynie week in week out to cheer on the JT's for the rest of my life.

Apart from the late 70's - mid 80's what have you got to boast about.

We have won trophies outwith the 70's and 80's you know?

If it wasn't for the re-formation of the SPL changing from 10 teams to 12 in 1999/2000 your pesh club might not even be in the top division.

Not true.

Don't get me wrong European silverware is very impressive for any Scottish side but it's all the Aberdeen supporters live on.

Well, take away the European trophies, and have Hearts won any of the three major domestic honours more than Aberdeen?

I don't think they have, which is why I question why Hearts appear to think they have a more illustrious history.

How long without a trophy?

15 years, which is still 21 years less than the time between your Scottish Cup win in 1998 and your previous success 36 years prior to that.

If these are our barren years, then what the hell was Hearts' 36 years in the abyss?

Last appearence in a cup final?

Fair play, its been too long since we were in a final, but considering the original topic of this thread, don't you think our support is actually fairly decent considering we've won bugger all for 15 years?

However, again this doesn't prove Hearts have a more illustrious history than Aberdeen, which was the point you were arguing, no?

Point proved.

Again, I don't know what point you're trying to prove. I'm not sure you even realise what point you're trying to prove.

Hibs are a bigger club than Aberdeen.

If Hampden was re-built in Dundee and Aberdeen played Hearts or Hibs in a final then both Edinburgh teams would take more to the game. Obviously Hearts would take the most - Hibs would fight over Aberdeen who would have the most empty seats but I reckon The Sheep would shade it.

Hard but fair.

Its all ifs and maybes. You've absolutely no stats to show that.

Dundee does have a stadium, two in fact, and Aberdeen bring more fans to them than both Hearts and Hibs. Thats not ifs and maybes, thats facts son.

linkin- hearts

Dundee does have a stadium, two in fact, and Aberdeen bring more fans to them than both Hearts and Hibs. Thats not ifs and maybes, thats facts son.

My word, you do like it here, don't you?:whistling:

Give it up..........................fan numbers wise you are beat by Hearts and as PTBCAL said probably Hibs as well. Like most other clubs, when your team is doing well you will travel in decent numbers. Come back when you are fighting relegation in Feb and tell us how many (use a real calculator and not an Aberdeen one) you take to Perth on a windy wet Tuesday night.

As pointed out earlier (which you seem to have ignored) if Hearts are putting together a decent run we fill away ends we just don't make up numbers and shout from the rooftops about it. Many a time you have came to Tynecastle recently and failed to fill 2-3 sections but you still go on as though you take 5,000 to every away game every season.

Build a stadium as close to Aberdeen as you want and you will find that for a semi or final Hearts and probably Hibs will outnumber you lot.

PS. You don't even have a home support to shout about which is quite embarressing as you have Aberdeen and the surrounding areas to yourselves.

This thread has got to the same predictable point-scoring stage as every Hearts/Aberdeen.Anyone who can read knows how many trophies each team has won.

The thread topic was about Hartley's claim that Aberdeen would/will take 5k away from home...they might well if they keep winning.The thing that riles a lot of Hearts fans is this claim somehow makes Aberdeen better!

If there is to be a debate on attendances it has to be on home crowds and,please Aberdeen fans,don't use the geography card as many fans come to see Hearts from very far away,very often.If anything can be claimed from the big Aberdeen away crowds is it that when the going looks good these fans suddenly appear again.There is a name for this!

Not true.

Well, take away the European trophies, and have Hearts won any of the three major domestic honours more than Aberdeen?

I don't think they have, which is why I question why Hearts appear to think they have a more illustrious history.

15 years, which is still 21 years less than the time between your Scottish Cup win in 1998 and your previous success 36 years prior to that.

If these are our barren years, then what the hell was Hearts' 36 years in the abyss?

Fair play, its been too long since we were in a final, but considering the original topic of this thread, don't you think our support is actually fairly decent considering we've won bugger all for 15 years?

However, again this doesn't prove Hearts have a more illustrious history than Aberdeen, which was the point you were arguing, no?

Again, I don't know what point you're trying to prove. I'm not sure you even realise what point you're trying to prove.

Very True. Aberdeen finished bottom of the table that year which any other season would have resulted in relegation. As for the trophies fiasco OK your team have won 1 more major domestic trophy than us but you make it sound like your side is far more superior.

Scottish Cups:

Hearts - 7 - Most Recent = 2005/06

Aberdeen - 7 - Most Recent = 1989/90

1st Divisions/Premier Leagues:

Hearts - 4 - Most Recent = 1959/60

Aberdeen - 4 - Most Recent = 1984/85

League Cups:

Hearts - 4 - Most Recent = 1962/63

Aberdeen - 5 - Most Recent = 1995/96.

12 of your 16 Major Domestic honours were won between 1970 and 1995 so it is clear to see outside that era you have enjoyed little success.

Jam Tarts 1874

Because Aberdeen fans like to travel. I'm merely bulking up the away support on the forum. :thumbsup:

Let's face it, there is nothing else to do in your crappy part of the world. And as your main activity is getting friendly with sheep, you don't have families to spend time with at the weekend.

The evidence is everywhere regarding fanbase, feast your eyes on this:-

My link

There can be no argument about Hearts' vastly superior fanbase and higher average attendances.

Despite Aberdeen's run during the Fergie period, the head to head is clearly in Hearts' favour:-

My link

In the 85 seasons where Hearts and Aberdeen have been in the same league, Hearts have finished above Aberdeen on 47 occassions. In those same seasons Hearts have been top 3 on 25 occassions compared to Aberdeen's 21. The league doesn't lie and the FACT is that Hearts' league record is better than Aberdeen's.

Let's not forget that during the Fergie years when Aberdeen won the vast majority of their honors, Rangers were gash and Dundee United were helping by taking points off the old firm too.

I should add that hibs are a very long way off when looking at their league position history.

Archived