Hartley On Radio Scotland

LAIRDY14

Doctor FinnBarr

Do you want me to be jealous we don't share our city with a team and support we hate?

The thread is full of fans asking when we last took over 5,000 to an away game. I simply pointed out we tend to take 5,000 to games at Tannadice. Why you're offended at that I've no idea.

Yes, because Dundee United always sell out. Its a wonder they give away so many tickets to away fans when they surely have so many of their own support missing out on tickets?

The same reason I run a podcast with a Hearts fan (and a Kilmarnock fan), and tend to talk football with people who aren't all Aberdeen fans.

Its called taking an interest in Scottish football.

And as it goes, I don't have a particular problem with Hearts. The Old Firm are the real enemy, and I'm fairly supportive of the other ten in the SPL.

You'll also tend to find I only really take part in threads on this forum that are about Aberdeen.

That has nothing to do with the topic, but if you want to believe that then you go ahead.

Whether we're the 3rd, 4th, or 10th biggest club in Scotland means bugger all to me. Football clubs are about trophies, and Aberdeen have won more of them than Hearts.

You must be a lot of fun at the football.

We're top of the league - something neither of our sides (yes, even Hearts) get to boast about very often.

Chances are we'll lose top spot to one of the Old Firm this weekend and that'll be that for the rest of the season. Therefore, we make no apologies for milking it for all its worth.

With all due respect, Hearts have a better stadium (just now anyway), cheaper ticket prices, Edinburgh is more accessible for fans in the central belt (of which Aberdeen have a great deal) and the last few seasons there's been a more positive vibe around Hearts than their has been for Aberdeen.

It would be seriously impressive if Aberdeen had a bigger average home attendance at the moment.

As it goes, our away support is bigger, even Paul Hartley says so :thumbsup:

As for your comment about Hibs being bigger than Aberdeen, thats laughable and you know it.

You have facts to back this up of course?

Its just that I was at the game, and was actually sat in the Celtic end (typical Aberdonian, got offered a lend of a mate's season ticket so saved myself ?28). I had a perfect view of the Dons support that day and it was a hell of a lot more than 112.

Great that you run a Scottish football podcast along side some fans of rival teams, then you go and totally **** it up by really believing that FC Sheep take a 5k support anywhere! Do you still really believe the cack that JC came out a few seasons back in the SC that the sheep had more than 5k in a stand that only holds 3600?

FUD

:lol:

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aberdeen have taken in a marginally larger trophy haul than Hearts. Can't be argued.

However, of the number they have won, the vast majority were in a ten year stint under a wonderful manager with a fantastic team. Aberdeen are an anomoly. Trophies is not the norm for them. When was their last trophy won? About 20 years ago?

As for fan base, 86 final 96 semi. Enough said. Hearts have by far and away the largest fan base outside the OF.

So what have we learned on this thread? That now and then Aberdeen take 5000 fans to their closest away game in the SPL against the team that they consider to be their 'rivals'. Good for them.

The fact is that in terms of fanbase Hearts and Hibs are both considerably bigger clubs than Aberdeen.

Ultimately though, these arguments about size of club are quite irrelevant. Football is about winning trophies - and I'm not going to deny that Hearts' record on that front(along with most non old firm clubs)is not good enough.

shaun.lawson

Aberdeen have taken in a marginally larger trophy haul than Hearts. Can't be argued.

However, of the number they have won, the vast majority were in a ten year stint under a wonderful manager with a fantastic team. Aberdeen are an anomoly. Trophies is not the norm for them. When was their last trophy won? About 20 years ago?

As for fan base, 86 final 96 semi. Enough said. Hearts have by far and away the largest fan base outside the OF.

9 out of 17, to be exact. Meanwhile, Hearts won 7 out of 15 in one glorious era under a wonderful manager with a fantastic team too. The score outside those two one-off eras is Heart of Midlothian 8, Aberdeen 8.

You're right: trophies are not the norm for Aberdeen. Though given Hearts went 48 years without winning a sausage, then 36 years on another drought, how you wrote that with a straight face is beyond me. We're the bigger club, no doubt about that; except in relative terms, that renders them slight over-achievers, and ourselves, under-achievers. :ninja:

I don't see why Aberdeen fans should be slaughtered for something that that clown Calderwood said, about 5000 to the SC tie. I seem to recall him being slated by Sheepies for that one too. But they have, on the VERY RARE occasion, taken 5000 to Tannadice. It is their closest game but still a 1+ hour drive for most of them. In general, the Sheep away support is good and probably take bigger numbers than us, although we've been travelling well in the last 5 years (compared to what I remember, no idea what our away support was like pre- 1995) whereas theyve been on the wane a bit.

Paul Hartley is playing up to his new employers, and we'd love him for it if he was doing it to us :)

And the Sheep's home attendance is diabolical! and has been for the last decade at least!

linkin- hearts

Nothing said or done on this forum will ultimately influence the way the season goes but i'm seriously of the opinion that Hearts will have a more successful campaign then Aberdeen, how successful is another matter but i'm sure today's games will tell us a lot more than last weeks.:thumbsup:

Check out this throbber.

They take 5000 fans a few miles down the road & he's all excited about it. Deary me.

It's a pity your home attendances are SHITE. Utter SHITE.

ffs, a few miles down the road?, Edinburgh is closer to Dundee than Aberdeen is.

Lets face it if we are calling Aberdeen / Dundee Utd a derby, nobody in Aberdeen does, then Hearts have derbies home

and away nearly every week

No away fans attend Pittodrie, Hearts rarely reach 4 figures and i can guarantee if Aberdeen were spending the kind of money Hearts have over the last 10 years Aberdeens average Home attendance would be much greater.

Most central belt teams 'home gates' are greatly inflated by the number of local derbise they have.

Hearts had a local derby against St Johhnstone last week, Perth being about 40 miles from Edinburgh and they

have another local match today against Hamilton.

Aberdeen are, and will always be a bigger and peotentialy bigger club than Hearts.

Id love to see how may fans Hearts would take to a scottish cup semi if there was a national stadium at say, Stonehaven.

They would be lucky to take over 5,000 imo.

stand free lads

ffs, a few miles down the road?, Edinburgh is closer to Dundee than Aberdeen is.

Lets face it if we are calling Aberdeen / Dundee Utd a derby, nobody in Aberdeen does, then Hearts have derbies home

No away fans attend Pittodrie, Hearts rarely reach 4 figures and i can guarantee if Aberdeen were spending the kind of money Hearts have over the last 10 years Aberdeens average Home attendance would be much greater.

Most central belt teams 'home gates' are greatly inflated by the number of local derbise they have.

Hearts had a local derby against St Johhnstone last week, Perth being about 40 miles from Edinburgh and they

Aberdeen are, and will always be a bigger and potentialy bigger club than Hearts.

Id love to see how may fans Hearts would take to a scottish cup semi if there was a national stadium at say, Stonehaven.

stand free lads

The fact is that in terms of fanbase Hearts and Hibs are both considerably bigger clubs than Aberdeen.

If you're suggesting Hibs are bigger than Aberdeen, then you're suggesting Hibs are bigger than hearts too.

Thats the only conclusion I can take from your statement, because there's no evidence that Hibs are a bigger club.

Aberdeen are, and will always be a bigger and peotentialy bigger club than Hearts.

stand free lads

When did you last win a trophy or have a higher average attendance than Hearts.

Jam Tarts 1874

stand free lads

Nurse!!!

:lol:

stand free lads

Terrible attempt! :lol:

When did you last win a trophy or have a higher average attendance than Hearts.

They have had higher attendances on average per season twice since the 96-97 season and only 5 times since the 1984-85 season.

They won a league cup in 1995-96. About 15 seasons ago.

But it has been over 2 decades since they lifted a proper cup.

They are still living in the 80's.

In reality the best players most Aberdeen fans have seen in the flesh (when they decide to turn up for a rare game) are Eoin Jess and Dean Windass.

They are a ghost club and they can hark back to the Ferguson years but the other 101? years of their existence is all in all pretty pathetic.

In English terms its like argueing Nottingham Forest are bigger than an established premiership club with a better fanbase such as Villa or Everton.

kingantti1874

Wow, what a badword plum- About 80-90% of Aberdeen s history hearts have averaged higher.. An every single time we have met at a neutral venue the hearts support has DWARFED that of the sheepies-misguided Arsehole talkin shit..

Doesn't look as if the sheep are finding things as easy this week:whistling:

easy enough min.

as for taking more fans at neutral venues, Glasgow is not a geographical neutral venue, 35 miles from Edinbugh, 140

from Aberdeen.

Dundee is almost half way although again Edinburgh is closer to Dundee than Aberdeen is. We always take more to Dundee than you lot, and no it is not a derby. If there was a national stadium 30 miles from Aberdeen we could fill a 50,000 stadia with our own fans, families would be able to attend a game which is 40 minutes away, a bit like Glasgow is 40 minutes away from Edinburgh.

As for average 'home' gates, take away, away fans from home attendances and a different picture would be painted, the likes of hibs/Dundee Utd and Hearts hardly ever get into 4 figures for games at Pittodrie.

Oh and i think you will find that our trophy cabinet is a tad more illustrious than yours.

We dont list a tennents six's win on our honours list.

Were going to win the league again.

fly the flag, fly the flag.

so waterloo, you win your first two games without losing a goal and are top of the league and one of the first things you do is come onto a Hearts forum to bitch

FFS small team mentality

linkin- hearts

easy enough min.

as for taking more fans at neutral venues, Glasgow is not a geographical neutral venue, 35 miles from Edinbugh, 140

from Aberdeen.

Dundee is almost half way although again Edinburgh is closer to Dundee than Aberdeen is. We always take more to Dundee than you lot, and no it is not a derby. If there was a national stadium 30 miles from Aberdeen we could fill a 50,000 stadia with our own fans, families would be able to attend a game which is 40 minutes away, a bit like Glasgow is 40 minutes away from Edinburgh.

As for average 'home' gates, take away, away fans from home attendances and a different picture would be painted, the likes of hibs/Dundee Utd and Hearts hardly ever get into 4 figures for games at Pittodrie.

Oh and i think you will find that our trophy cabinet is a tad more illustrious than yours.

Make the most of your good start to the season, there's a long way to go yet<_<

Seymour M Hersh

If you're suggesting Hibs are bigger than Aberdeen, then you're suggesting Hibs are bigger than hearts too.

Thats the only conclusion I can take from your statement, because there's no evidence that Hibs are a bigger club.

How exactly is he suggesting that you knob jockey?

Seymour M Hersh

"Stand free"?shouldnt it be STAND EMPTY?

Only way the ovine mollesters will fill a stand is by making entry free. You know copper wire was invented by two codheids fighting over a penny don't you?

How exactly is he suggesting that you knob jockey?

Knob jockey? Havn't heard that since primary school. Will perhaps be an indication of the level of chat away to ensue...

There is no evidence that hibs are bigger than Aberdeen, its a ridiculous statement to make.

easy enough min.

from Aberdeen.

Straw clutching. We have OVER TEN THOUSAND season ticket holders, which is more than double some of your actual home attendances. How taking ****-all way from ****-all changes that in your favour, I have no idea.

kingantti1874

1major trophy more than hearts won't be long till

That statistic is overturned... By the way counting awayfans, what a load of tam kite, you plums give the ugly sister as many seats as they want 4 times A Season.. You think the other clubs bring 4k to tynie.lucky if it's 300/400 hundred.

Basically whether hearts are better than the dons ot the done better than hearts(rare these days I know) we ALWAYS have bigger gates than Aberdeen by a significant amount

linkin- hearts

Why are we being pestered by these horrible, little beings? This is, after all a forum for supporters of the great Heart of Midlothian and not Animal Farm?

Dean Winchester

easy enough min.

from Aberdeen.

You don't half slaver some pish.

linkin- hearts

You don't half slaver some pish.

Quite eloquently put, even if i do say it myself:whistling:

Seymour M Hersh

Knob jockey? Havn't heard that since primary school. Will perhaps be an indication of the level of chat away to ensue...

There is no evidence that hibs are bigger than Aberdeen, its a ridiculous statement to make.

And now you're in the big school you still cannot spell. You said the vermin are therefore bigger than the Heart of Midlothian due to the poster's statement. Explain yourself you ovine molester.

1major trophy more than hearts won't be long till

That statistic is overturned...

Aye, apparently the Champions League trophy is making its way to Tynecastle any season now....

By the way counting awayfans, what a load of tam kite, you plums give the ugly sister as many seats as they want 4 times A Season.. You think the other clubs bring 4k to tynie.lucky if it's 300/400 hundred.

Not quite true.

The Old Firm get 3800 for Pittodrie. If they got as many as they wanted, they'd be getting at least the whole of the South Stand.

Should also be pointed out, since we're discussing away crowds:-

Dons fans at McDairmid Park today, 3200.

The entire crowd at Hamilton v hearts, 2800, the majority of which would have been Hamilton fans.

Hearts fans like myself are hardly going to be biased towards Hibs in this particular debate. So the fact that even some of us acknowledge Hibs have a bigger fanbase than Dons says it all. The fact is Hibs got bigger home crowds in the first division than Dons get most seasons in the SPL. Cannot believe I'm actually arguing Hibs' case here!

By the way counting awayfans, what a load of tam kite, you plums give the ugly sister as many seats as they want 4 times A Season..

the bigot brothers allocation is 3,300 for Pittodrie. Not a ticket more...........

edited from 3,200, just googled , they get 3,300

the bigot brothers allocation is 3,200 for Pittodrie. Not a ticket more...........

what about the extra 600 La Ladyboy says they get

if two of you can't agree on allocation, how can we trust the accuracy of your other figures?

Dean Winchester

the bigot brothers allocation is 3,300 for Pittodrie. Not a ticket more...........

edited from 3,200, just googled , they get 3,300

Maybe you should start selling them more so you could come close to selling out against them? :whistling:

Buffalo Bill

Aberdeen fans:

Bunch of twats every one of them. More so, their cringey and failed attemps to mimic 'Ultras'.

Knobs.

kingantti1874

Lol, I was at the game today and we were not in the minority I asure you of that, not bad for a midday kickoff on the tv...

I'm bored if you now! Hearts will most likely finish above Aberdeen as per usual! This is undoubtedly a fact, hearts will also average significantly more than Aberdeen as per usual last season it was about 4500 of a Difference I think in a season where we were equally pish..in fact if you take your average gate last season, and add the 4200(a little embellishment as seems to be the norm when talking about the dons away support?) you still fall short...We sold more season tickets than your average gate

You can only spin shite so much - but whatever helps you het to sleep at night

what about the extra 600 La Ladyboy says they get

if two of you can't agree on allocation, how can we trust the accuracy of your other figures?

it is 3,300, i have checked, you seem to think that they got the whole south stand, which would be over 7,000. If we did that we would have had 4 home games with over 20,000 in attendance.

Maybe we should give the bigots the whole south stand.

It would boost our average 'home' gate. lol

it is 3,300, i have checked, you seem to think that they got the whole south stand, which would be over 7,000. If we did that we would have had 4 home games with over 20,000 in attendance.

Maybe we should give the bigots the whole south stand.

It would boost our average 'home' gate. lol

I don't, to be honest I couldn't give a flying shite

I'm just really pedantic

marshallschunkychicken

Aye, apparently the Champions League trophy is making its way to Tynecastle any season now....

Not quite true.

The Old Firm get 3800 for Pittodrie. If they got as many as they wanted, they'd be getting at least the whole of the South Stand.

Should also be pointed out, since we're discussing away crowds:-

Dons fans at McDairmid Park today, 3200.

The entire crowd at Hamilton v hearts, 2800, the majority of which would have been Hamilton fans.

3,200 sheep at 10,000 capacity McDairmid Park.

Which stand was that then?

Not like you guys to overestimate.

Hearts fans like myself are hardly going to be biased towards Hibs in this particular debate. So the fact that even some of us acknowledge Hibs have a bigger fanbase than Dons says it all. The fact is Hibs got bigger home crowds in the first division than Dons get most seasons in the SPL. Cannot believe I'm actually arguing Hibs' case here!

Is that a fact?

I've no idea what Hibs average crowd was in the first division so I'll take your word for it.

Figures were released by the BBC, who presumably were told the away support by St Johnstone.

Aberdeen had both stands behind the goals and part of the main stand.

Is that a fact?

I've no idea what Hibs average crowd was in the first division so I'll take your word for it.

Their Div 1 avg attendances far surpasses a lot of their SPL avgs

we were behind both goals min.

and to think you lot couldnt fill a 1800 stand at a game little more than 30 miles from Edinburgh.

kingantti1874

we were behind both goals min.

and to think you lot couldnt fill a 1800 stand at a game little more than 30 miles from Edinburgh.

To think for a large part of last season you barely filled 1 out of every 3 seats at your dump. .????????????????

Once again hearts have sold more season tickets than Aberdeen average gate last season-I'm Yet to hear an explanation as to how away fans impact that statistic?????

Archived