Hartley On Radio Scotland

LAIRDY14

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if Mr Hartley could tell me when the last time Aberdeen took 5000 away from home was...

Drylaw Hearts

I wonder if Mr Hartley could tell me when the last time Aberdeen took 5000 away from home was...

Tynecastle - last season.

Everyone knows that.

What was the Hearts away support at the Dundee United 3 nil victory at the start of 05/06.? Must of been close to 5 thousand.

kingantti1874

Of course they are, I assume in his time away he forgot about 05/06, we took more than that to almondvale and tannadice in the first 5 games...

Sir Paul Hartley - we know your gutted, so are we, but don't talk shite..

Tynecastle - last season.

Everyone knows that.

I take it your joking ! There was no way in a million years was there 5,000 ! Unless they did the hobo trick of dressing up as seats !

Drylaw Hearts

I take it your joking ! There was no way in a million years was there 5,000 ! Unless they did the hobo trick of dressing up as seats !

Yes....I was joking.

Chris Benoit

He is think there has been aberdeen fans in the past claiming the've had between 5-6k at Tynie

Edit- as DH has confirmed above :thumbsup:

Thundercats Are Go

Yes....I was joking.

to be fair, for a moment i was thinking, there is no way that stand holds 5000 :whistling::woot:

winston churchill

twice a season at tynecastle.

it never took sir paul long to wind up the kickback happy clappers :lol:

Looking at some of the Pittodrie attendances last season, Aberdeen must be unique then in having a larger away support than home :whistling:

Looking at some of the Pittodrie attendances last season, Aberdeen must be unique then in having a larger away support than home :whistling:

:thumb:

He's playing to his new crowd.

Shame he's going to end up looking like a knob.

Absolutely, serious back tracking by Hartley after his "Hearts are without a doubt the third biggest team in Scotland" chat a few weeks ago on Radio Scotland.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/hearts/185581-hartley-interested-in-hearts-return/

hartley typical football player, spouting pish that the supporters of the club he happens to be playing for want to hear, whether its true or not.

ToadKiller Dog

The sheep often take around 3,000 to 4,000 to tannadump as thats sort of a derby, cant think where else they have taken more.

Seems Hartley has joined Mcghoo on fantasy island.

It's not actually impossible. There are a lot of 30something Aberdeen fans in the central belt who attached themselves to the sheep in the 1980s when they were winning titles.

Having said that, I don't believe the 5k figure for a second.

hartley typical football player, spouting pish that the supporters of the club he happens to be playing for want to hear, whether its true or not.

We all know that bumming up your new club is a game that must be played................but that is embarrassing.

As stated earlier, they barely had 7,000 at PITTODRIE towards the end of last season :ninja:

rossthejambo

I was under the impression that Aberdeen referred to us as their biggest rivals, yet they seem to struggle on a yearly basis to sell out the roseburn stand (or even 2 sections for that matter)

Me thinks he's pandering to that crowd from up the road. Don't really blame him. A bit more tact required perhaps

That old chestnut - lots of Aberdeen fans are leftovers from the early 80s and live in the central belt. Their problem is more about getting fans to go to home games and actually funding the club they "support"...

jamboinglasgow

twice a season at tynecastle.

it never took sir paul long to wind up the kickback happy clappers :lol:

aren't you against Elvis for his fist pump?

Worth remembering our support at the 1986 cup final and 1996 semi finals at Hampden too. We had over double the support of theirs in 86 and more than treble their support in 96.

The People's Chimp

It's not actually impossible. There are a lot of 30something Aberdeen fans in the central belt who attached themselves to the sheep in the 1980s when they were winning titles.

Having said that, I don't believe the 5k figure for a second.

A lot in their mid to late 20s as well. I know about 10 zoophiles in Edinburgh alone. Some are Aberdeen ex pats and some are gloryhunters who, despite their bullish assertions to the contrary, must spend every waking hour rueing their ill informed choices as young and easily influenced children.

Paul, I know they pay you for talking guff about AFC now, but that's a bit OTT is not?

Was worried this would happen when he went there, lets hope its not the first of many unsubtle digs he demonstrates publicly.

I just want left with my memories :(

I was under the impression that Aberdeen referred to us as their biggest rivals, yet they seem to struggle on a yearly basis to sell out the roseburn stand (or even 2 sections for that matter)

Aberdeen are probably the next 'biggest' club after us, but we're certainly not their biggest rivals, I've no idea what gave you that impression.

Worth remembering our support at the 1986 cup final and 1996 semi finals at Hampden too. We had over double the support of theirs in 86 and more than treble their support in 96.

This. The 1996 Semi at Hampden summed it up.

While on the subject of Paul Hartley. Graham Spiers in this morning's Times writes:

"Paul Hartley has never been a world-beater, but he has got better and wiser with age. McGhee should get two good seasons out of him, before Hartley goes home to Heart of Midlothian at the age of 35".

Can someone explain what he is on about?

Well if they get a full stand how much does the School end hold?

And have they ever filled it?

Just like he said on his last radio Scotland interview,that he didn't care what anyone said but Hearts are the 3rd biggest club in Scotland.

3500 and no i dont think they have filled it .could be wrong though

and look at all the bits PH has got on here through it.

he's clearly on the wind up and is probably having a good laugh right now.

wise up guys

they did claim once in the evening express to have 4000 in the school end but they only filled 3 sections so they must have this odd habit of sitting two to a seat .would be nice if miss scotland is sitting on your knee but not sure about some hairy fisherman.

When we played them in the cup a few years back they got the whole of the Roseburn.

They about 2/3rd's filled it meaning they had about 2,400 there.

Their forums were filled with shite saying they had 5,000 there. The Roseburn only holds 3,600.

Absolute throbbers who almost give the Hobos a run for their money in the slavering stakes.

Absolute throbbers who almost give the Hobos a run for their money in the slavering stakes.

:thumbsup:

My thoughts exactly.

heartsfc_fan

Ach, it's a footballer doing the usual "these fans are the best etc etc" "this is the only club I wanted to play for..."

The man is still a legend in my eyes, but if he is meaning what he said :rolleyes: then he clearly has a short memory...a certain team that he played for a few years ago took 5,000 to Dundee Utd, Livingston, Dunfermline and 40,000 to Hampden for the big cup final.

Archived