Hartley On Radio Scotland

LAIRDY14

Last time I went to Alloa, it was in the Scottish Cup, in January 2009.

I was in Aberdeen at the time, and myself and two mates went down. There we were, sat in my mate's work van, and the two of us who weren't driving were thanking our lucky stars we weren't allowed to drive the unfortunate driver's motor, on account the rain pelting down was hellish. You couldn't see more than a yard in front of you.

We got closer and closer to Alloa, hoping the rain would subside, only to have our worst fears confirmed in that it was even worse there.

I was meant to be meeting up with the ex-girlfriend before the game who lives nearby, just for a catch up. I looked that dishevelled, white with the cold, bright red nose and ears, and basically like shite, that I texted her and chickened out. Didn't want the bitch strolling in looking better looking than the miserable bitch I had to put up with, while I looked like some sort of heroin addict.

I don't think any of us actually wanted to get out of the van once we got to Alloa - each secretly hoping someone would suggest we just sat and listened to it on the radio with the heaters on full blast.

Anyway, the brave men we are, out we went, into the ground, got absolutely ******* drenched, pelted with hailstones at one point during the game, watched a shit game, and the same thought occured to us all, "Did we really need to be here? For all the away days out, this was a pish choice."

The Dons went 2-1 up, looked fairly comforable with 15 minutes to go, so we all nodded in agreement and messed off early.

Took about two weeks for us all to dry out I think.

Therefore, the sun could have been shining, Girls Aloud could have been in the Dons crowd, and Messi could have been making his debut - I was too mentally scarred to go anywhere near that game last night.

Alright Shaun, a simple no would have done. :lol:

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't want the bitch strolling in looking better looking than the miserable bitch I had to put up with, while I looked like some sort of heroin addict.

Sorry - how many bitches were involved? :unsure:

shaun.lawson

Alright Shaun, a simple no would have done. :lol:

:D

I was just reading that post and thinking "this guy's not so bad actually..." Makes perfect sense now!

Last time I went to Alloa, it was in the Scottish Cup, in January 2009.

I was in Aberdeen at the time, and myself and two mates went down. There we were, sat in my mate's work van, and the two of us who weren't driving were thanking our lucky stars we weren't allowed to drive the unfortunate driver's motor, on account the rain pelting down was hellish. You couldn't see more than a yard in front of you.

We got closer and closer to Alloa, hoping the rain would subside, only to have our worst fears confirmed in that it was even worse there.

I was meant to be meeting up with the ex-girlfriend before the game who lives nearby, just for a catch up. I looked that dishevelled, white with the cold, bright red nose and ears, and basically like shite, that I texted her and chickened out. Didn't want the bitch strolling in looking better looking than the miserable bitch I had to put up with, while I looked like some sort of heroin addict.

I don't think any of us actually wanted to get out of the van once we got to Alloa - each secretly hoping someone would suggest we just sat and listened to it on the radio with the heaters on full blast.

Anyway, the brave men we are, out we went, into the ground, got absolutely ******* drenched, pelted with hailstones at one point during the game, watched a shit game, and the same thought occured to us all, "Did we really need to be here? For all the away days out, this was a pish choice."

The Dons went 2-1 up, looked fairly comforable with 15 minutes to go, so we all nodded in agreement and messed off early.

Took about two weeks for us all to dry out I think.

Therefore, the sun could have been shining, Girls Aloud could have been in the Dons crowd, and Messi could have been making his debut - I was too mentally scarred to go anywhere near that game last night.

ffs i only asked because i was trying to engineer an arguement about you not going to games on a thread about attendances. not going to bother now.

Sorry - how many bitches were involved? :unsure:

well I count 2. Plus the pathetic one he slapped to the floor.

Wowser. How did I miss this thread? Absolutely classic. Don't think either of us have much to cheer about crowd wise this season so far :whistling:

La_Leyenda,

I know at least a dozen people in Aberdeen and only one of them supports the sheep (he freely admits it's because of his older brother forcing him to go to the pen from an early age)... anyway, the rest are both sides of the infirm with a couple of jambos and a token arab. I think you'll find that blows your 'most people in aberdeen support aberdoom' theory out of the water! :thumbsup:

rossthejambo

La_Leyenda,

I know at least a dozen people in Aberdeen and only one of them supports the sheep (he freely admits it's because of his older brother forcing him to go to the pen from an early age)... anyway, the rest are both sides of the infirm with a couple of jambos and a token arab. I think you'll find that blows your 'most people in aberdeen support aberdoom' theory out of the water! :thumbsup:

Got to laugh, using a dozen people as an example of "most of Aberdeen". By that same logic the fact that I know a couple of people from Aberdeen who all support Aberdeen shows that all the people in Aberdeen support them.

This is Hobo-esque patter.:rolleyes:

La_Leyenda,

When did I say that?

People really need to stop replying to Waterloo through me.

Archived