Hearts Legends To Play For John And Nicola Tams

Malcolm Tucker

Malcolm Tucker

Hello guys, as you will have seen in the last 10 days, Hearts fan John Tams and his wife, Nicola, were both involved in a horrible accident whilst Honeymooning in Italy. John was induced into a coma, and suffered serious injuries all over his body and Nicola suffered broken ribs in the accident.

Ever since, John has been recovering steadily, but the road ahead is a long one for the newlyweds from Bonnyrigg. As a team-mate of John's at Real Maroon, I can't express enough how brilliant a man he is, and how talented a footballer he is.

Hearts Legends will be playing a benefit match against a Real Maroon and Duddingston Athletic select on the 5th of September at New Dundas Park in Bonnyrigg to raise funds focussed on their expenses, and those expenses still to be met. It would be outstanding if there was a big turn-out for this. The details are below:

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20100721/hearts-legends-to-play-for-john-and-nicola_2241384_2097165

Cheers, Rob.

Malcolm Tucker

Stickied :)

Cheers Dexter, I think my random use of French in the sticky request is what sealed it.

Guest John Meurig Thomas

Feel free to abuse the fact that I live quite close, and have a car etc, as I mentioned on Jnet.

I'll be there. Hope to see you all that make it :thumbsup: No idea how I'm getting there. Didn't really want to drive but if I have to then needs must.

I'm there with bells on. Great effort from the Real Maroon mob and the Legends. ? :thumbsup:

Anyone with an "R" a "D" and an "M" in their user name will be made to pay double! ( I have it on good authority that will happen!) :whistling:

Commander Harris

Anyone with an "R" a "D" and an "M" in their user name will be made to pay double! ( I have it on good authority that will happen!) :whistling:

I'll be paying double too then! ?

RoussetsShorts

I notice this is over an international weekend so everybody can get their local football fix watching this match for a great cause, crackin idea!

North Shore

Thanks for all the support guys

A couple of links for you today

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20100722/jimmy-lends-support-to-john-and-nicola_2241384_2099291

Some pictures from a photoshoot at Tynie today to promote the Charity game

http://news.stv.tv/video/stv-news-at-six-east-20100722/

Some footage and interviews (about 18 minutes in)

Phew!!!! :)

Seriously though, depending on the missus' work situation that weekend, I will be along. In fact, the missus has suggested that she may be interested in coming along with the wee man so it may be a Musemic day out. Kinda certain I'll be there so said "yes" to my Facebook invitation. :)

Oh, and I understand that each player "needs" to raise a minimum of ?50, if one of you wants to pm me (or email me) a pdf of your sponsor form I'll take it into work to see if I can get a few extra quid.

Oh REALLY. Much more of that talk and I'll bring my cardboard cutout of Michael Stewart along with me. See how you'd like that. ? ;)

Drunkn_Munky_Nat

Think I might jump on a 31 and try and find my way there....

Its easy to get to, the 31 stops right outside the calderwood pub in Dundas Street, there car park is right beside new dundas park :-)

davemclaren

Its easy to get to, the 31 stops right outside the calderwood pub in Dundas Street, there car park is right beside new dundas park :-)

Only 50% of the 31 buses do that ( destination Bonnyrigg or Rosewell ), the others ( destination Polton Mill ) go the other way at the lights so you have to get off at the Chase ( almost as nice a pub as the Calderwood :unsure: ).

Basially get off at the first stop after the traffic lights. :thumbsup:

florahearts

I hope to be at the game.

I have put my signed 1993/94 Hearts Away Shirt on Ebay. I want to donate the money made on it to John and Nicola's Fund.

Drunkn_Munky_Nat

Only 50% of the 31 buses do that ( destination Bonnyrigg or Rosewell ), the others ( destination Polton Mill ) go the other way at the lights so you have to get off at the Chase ( almost as nice a pub as the Calderwood :unsure: ).

The games on a sunday, no 31's go to rosewell on a Sunday. all go to hopefield which is the very last stop in Bonnyrigg.

North Shore

I hope to be at the game.

I have put my signed 1993/94 Hearts Away Shirt on Ebay. I want to donate the money made on it to John and Nicola's Fund.

Thanks Flora, that's a really nice gesture.

Please PM either me or Borthers for details of how to donate.

florahearts

Thanks Flora, that's a really nice gesture.

Please PM either me or Borthers for details of how to donate.

Will do, the auction finishes in about 5 days, so here's hoping I get a few more bids. The strip has never been worn, Ian Ferguson who came from Raith Rovers to Hearts got the strip signed for me. Henry Smith, Neil Berry, Tosh Mckinly, JC, JR and more are all on it.

davemclaren

The games on a sunday, no 31's go to rosewell on a Sunday. all go to hopefield which is the very last stop in Bonnyrigg.

I very rarely get the bus as I hate the shoe marks on the seats so I didn't know that. :thumbsup:

I very rarely get the bus as I hate the shoe marks on the seats so I didn't know that. :thumbsup:

I'm giving Ruben's top away. I just feel I should. Sorry Dave. A Sat Nav hole for nothing! I know it's worth more than on my wall though. We jambos stick together through bad times.

davemclaren

I'm giving Ruben's top away. I just feel I should. Sorry Dave. A Sat Nav hole for nothing! I know it's worth more than on my wall though. We jambos stick together through bad times.

Noble gesture Kit.

Noble gesture Kit.

No really Dave, I know many of Real Maroon and I was gutted when I heard about it. Will do all I can to help, my son's currently on a sponsored read to raise cash as well :thumbsup:

Harry Palmer

Cheers for the info guys. :thumbsup:

florahearts

quote name='florahearts' date='30 July 2010 - 12:45 PM' timestamp='1280490303' post='1751151']

Will do, the auction finishes in about 5 days, so here's hoping I get a few more bids. The strip has never been worn, Ian Ferguson who came from Raith Rovers to Hearts got the strip signed for me. Henry Smith, Neil Berry, Tosh Mckinly, JC, JR and more are all on it.

The auction for the strip on Ebay finishes in about 8 hours here's hoping it gets a few more bids for the John and Nicola Tams fund. Fingers crossed :rolleyes:

Unbelievable kindness and sincerity in your donations and well wishes.

On behalf of John and Nicola, Thank you everyone.

Proud to be a Jambo.

Is there a paypal or something similar I can use to make a donation. Dammed Yankee money won't work over there.

Hearts Machine

Anybody know how John and Nicola doing?

Lynn

Last I heard, Nicola is on the mend, but there were issues with blood behind one of John`s eyes, causing blindness. They hoped that it would clear up, or could be addressed at least, but the hope of a long-term recovery is very much alive.

That was a few days ago mind, and the plan was to get him home right after the "eye" issue had been addressed.

I`ll try to catch-up (been away) and let you know.

John is a tough yin. But you all know that already. :pray:

Last I heard, Nicola is on the mend, but there were issues with blood behind one of John`s eyes, causing blindness. They hoped that it would clear up, or could be addressed at least, but the hope of a long-term recovery is very much alive.

That was a few days ago mind, and the plan was to get him home right after the "eye" issue had been addressed.

I`ll try to catch-up (been away) and let you know.

John is a tough yin. But you all know that already. :pray:

Thanks for the update.

Lynn

• 2 weeks later...
JohnnyPunter

I'll drip feed info here as it becomes available

Henry Smith & Jimmy Sandison are in for the Legends team.

That means the average age is 47 so far.

Fxxx the SPFL

The official website stating that prices are now ?5 for adults is this an error as the original advert showed ?3. I will quite happily pay the ?5 but worry it may put a few punters off. Hopefully not.

The official site is incorrect and will be amended shortly. Admission is ?3 Adults and ?1 for kids under 16 (under 5s get in for free).

I believe the official site will be updated shortly, but it does now include a larger list of available Legends

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20100830/fantastic-legends-line-up-for-john-and-nicola_2241384_2139604

Thank you all for your continued support.

absolute amazing idea, he is an amazing man and teacher taught my technological staudies a few years back and have nothing but compliments for the man always a good laugh

Guest jambomickey

will hopefully get along to this game on sunday, hopefully lots of money made for a good cause! jambomickey will be donating ?200.

Guest John Meurig Thomas

will hopefully get along to this game on sunday, hopefully lots of money made for a good cause! jambomickey will be donating ?200.

Nice one man! That's a fairwhack and I'm sure everyone involved in making this happen will be delighted with that, not to mention John and Nicola.

That's absolutely fantastic Mickey - thanks.

Hope to see as many Kickback kids as possible there tomorrow, and for anyone still undecided - DO IT!!!!

thumbsup.gif

Everybody loves Baz

Looks like i'll be a +1 now, the bairn's doing the wifes nut in and i need to get her out the house, or there'll be a murdur (Targart stylee)

:ninja:

Enjoyable afternoon.Legends beat Real Maroon 8-0 and Duddingston Athletic 7-0.

Can't mind all the scorers! Lockie,Henry Smith,Alan Mclaren,Jimmy Sandison,Jose Quitongo,Alan lawrence,Brian Mcnaughton,Stuart Lovell were all there amongst others.Wee Jose was great entertainment.

Good turn out as well i'd guess 400 to 500.

Special mention to the Goalkeeper for Duddingston (Snakey i think i heard people shout) who pulled off a few cracking saves in the 2nd half he might also have played in the first half but i'm not sure.

Good day :thumbsup:

Archived