Hearts Legends To Play For John And Nicola Tams

Malcolm Tucker

Everybody loves Baz

Anyone know who the drunken c0ck was ? He was up at the main entrance heckling Henry just after the start of the 2nd half ??

Probably one of the Calderwoods finest.

Anyway hope he was proud of himself, cursing and being a bit of knob in front of all the kids that were there.

Great day.

Good to see the old players (and their extra lb's). :mellow:

A superb turnout as well.

My wee guy got some autographs too.

It was a good afternoon and a good turn out...

Good seeing some of the old players I grew up watching

A good day was had by all :thumbsup:

Just back, good day with nice weather. Very good turnout. What about the size of Alan Mclaren! Hehe

Maybe about 18 stones but could still get a game for some SPL teams.....!!!! Strolled through the game!

Enjoyable afternoon.Legends beat Real Maroon 8-0 and Duddingston Athletic 7-0.

Can't mind all the scorers! Lockie,Henry Smith,Alan Mclaren,Jimmy Sandison,Jose Quitongo,Alan lawrence,Brian Mcnaughton,Stuart Lovell were all there amongst others.Wee Jose was great entertainment.

Good turn out as well i'd guess 400 to 500.

Special mention to the Goalkeeper for Duddingston (Snakey i think i heard people shout) who pulled off a few cracking saves in the 2nd half he might also have played in the first half but i'm not sure.

Good day :thumbsup:

The goalie in questions is Ross McGill, he actually plays for Real and Duddingston so played the entire 90 minutes. He was the stand out non legend player. Has to be said, the legends won at a canter.

Sunny afternoon, good footy, good company, good cause, and a new designated driver to add to my list - all good.

Just back, an incredible turnout and a fantastic day, to have 800+ through the gate was absolutely amazing, and Real Maroon would like to thank everyone who came along and gave a bit if atmosphere to what turned out to be a very one sided match!

The level of ability in the Legends team proved to be too much for our lads, and I think we did pretty well to keep the score down! We had a few chances but it wasn't to be! Snakey did indeed play both halves, as he plays for both Real and Duddingston, some cracking saves, although we were concerned he might put his back out after having to pick the ball out of the net so many times!

Again, thank you to everyone who came along, and donated so generously.

Great afternoon out, and the turn out was impressive indeed. Had a wee tear when John & Nic walked on before the start.

Raffle was held at half time Bighusref and they posted the winners on a piece of paper by the exit door.

Oh and anyone whose is 'in the know' about later proceedings could maybe let me know how much Ruben's strip went for at auction? Cheers!

The goalie in questions is Ross McGill, he actually plays for Real and Duddingston so played the entire 90 minutes.

Has to be said, the legends won at a canter.

Sunny afternoon, good footy, good company, good cause, and a new designated driver to add to my list - all good.

Hahahahaha keep sucking up to me and you probably can Blair! ;) Ditto, of course, the company was great and I'd have never have found that forkin ground without you!

Hearts Machine

Great afternoon out, and the turn out was impressive indeed. Had a wee tear when John & Nic walked on before the start.

Raffle was held at half time Bighusref and they posted the winners on a piece of paper by the exit door.

Oh and anyone whose is 'in the know' about later proceedings could maybe let me know how much Ruben's strip went for at auction? Cheers!

It was all very welcome. Amazing recovery, you wern`t the only one.

AM? Jeezo. :woot::lol:

Cheers Kitster.:thumbsup:

We were in the family enclosure to support my big bruv's boys. I hope they made a bunch.

Oh, and if there were no unclaimed raffle prizes, could the numbers be posted on line by any chance.....:unsure:

badly drawn boy

Hahahahaha keep sucking up to me and you probably can Blair! ;) Ditto, of course, the company was great and I'd have never have found that forkin ground without you!

Good day , some great goals from the legends .Mclaren is big but hes class , as Lairdy said strolled the game .Asking Lawrence who a couple of the guys were especially the half time subs , was that really Jim Weir number 19 at the back -didn't look anything like him ?

Jose was hilarious

Gutted I missed it, glad everyone had a great time and raised good money.

Go and have another one for banter sometime, eh?

Go on then, how did Kris and Mark O'Neil play. Scott said Kris scored 2 and Mark (sparky) nearly scored but Henry pulled off a great save.......

Can we have marks out of 10

Go on then, how did Kris and Mark O'Neil play. Scott said Kris scored 2 and Mark (sparky) nearly scored but Henry pulled off a great save.......

Can we have marks out of 10

Kris scored a good goal when he came on; Run from the middle and a good dig from either just outside or just inside the box (tough to tell from the other end). As for Mark O'Neil, if he is the dude I think you mean (lanky dude with a mess of black hair) he had a the best chance for the non Hearts sides with a good chance very late on.

On behalf of the Legends team thanks to everyone who turned out to support the occasion. The former players had a great time and the match was a closer than the scoreline might suggest. It was a priveldge to help out two people or are obviously extremely well thought of.

The team for those interested 1. Henry Smith 2. Chalky White 4. Jimmy Sandison 5. Alan McLaren 6. David Murie 7. Gary Locke 9. Alan Lawrence 11. Brian McNaughton 14 Tommy Graham 15. Jose Quitongo 18. Stuart Lovell 19. Jimmy Rae 20. Kris O'Neil 21. Liam Delury 24. Ian Ross

On behalf of the Legends team thanks to everyone who turned out to support the occasion. The former players had a great time and the match was a closer than the scoreline might suggest. It was a priveldge to help out two people or are obviously extremely well thought of.

The team for those interested 1. Henry Smith 2. Chalky White 4. Jimmy Sandison 5. Alan McLaren 6. David Murie 7. Gary Locke 9. Alan Lawrence 11. Brian McNaughton 14 Tommy Graham 15. Jose Quitongo 18. Stuart Lovell 19. Jimmy Rae 20. Kris O'Neil 21. Liam Delury 24. Ian Ross

Was that bald dude REALLY David Murie?!?!?:o

This afternoon was a true reminder that we do indeed support the best club in the world.

Magnificent effort from everyone involved in organising, helping out and playing in the event. Well done to all my fellow fans in turning up to support the cause.

It's the first time I've gone along to a Legends game, and I'll definately be supporting them again in the future.

Well done everyone. I really am very proud to be a Jambo tonight. :thumbsup:

Kris scored a good goal when he came on; Run from the middle and a good dig from either just outside or just inside the box (tough to tell from the other end). As for Mark O'Neil, if he is the dude I think you mean (lanky dude with a mess of black hair) he had a the best chance for the non Hearts sides with a good chance very late on.

Nahh Mark O'Neil is short fat and bald... Think he was number 9 for RM

Ah, Real Maroon didn't have any chances. :)

I certainly booed the manager when he walked past for the lap of honour.

Snake Plissken

:rofl:

Of the many descriptions applicable to Mr O'Neill, lanky is most certainly not one of them.

Mark was the no.9 for Real in the first half.

I was manning one of the gates, I'm normally the goalkeeper for Real but Ross had played alongside John Tams for years so it was only right he played. And by the end of the first half I wasn't exactly distraught at not taking to the field! Ross certainly didn't disgrace himself although I would like to point out a few of those boys hadn't played for Real in years and the side that took to the field wasn't totally reflective of our current team. But it was never about the result today and it was great to see over 800 people show up (a few more came in after the attendance was taken).

Locke totally bossed the midfield and McLaren barely ran the length of himself but completely strolled the game - Jose was just Jose, a born entertainer. The legs have gone but the class still remains.

Thanks to everyone who came but a special mention for Kelly Jack who organised everything.

I only could stay for the first half was impressed by Brian McNaughton's four goals. How many did he score in the second half?

Also Alan Lawrence played well.

:rofl:

Of the many descriptions applicable to Mr O'Neill, lanky is most certainly not one of them.

Mark was the no.9 for Real in the first half.

I was manning one of the gates, I'm normally the goalkeeper for Real but Ross had played alongside John Tams for years so it was only right he played. And by the end of the first half I wasn't exactly distraught at not taking to the field! Ross certainly didn't disgrace himself although I would like to point out a few of those boys hadn't played for Real in years and the side that took to the field wasn't totally reflective of our current team. But it was never about the result today and it was great to see over 800 people show up (a few more came in after the attendance was taken).

Locke totally bossed the midfield and McLaren barely ran the length of himself but completely strolled the game - Jose was just Jose, a born entertainer. The legs have gone but the class still remains.

Thanks to everyone who came but a special mention for Kelly Jack who organised everything.

If you were manning the one behind the Calderwood, then thanks for having the decency for not pulling me up for failing to add up to ten correctly! :laugh:

RoussetsShorts

Anyone know who the drunken c0ck was ? He was up at the main entrance heckling Henry just after the start of the 2nd half ??

Probably one of the Calderwoods finest.

Anyway hope he was proud of himself, cursing and being a bit of knob in front of all the kids that were there.

I saw and heard that boy an aw. He was slagging Henry off, F'in, C'in and singing glory to the vermin etc, an absolute roaster, especially when there were loads of kids around. He even swore at the linesman but then said he was awrite cause he was a vermin fan.

Great day though and must have been a really good amount raised for the cause which is a credit to all who organised, crackin weather too which made it even better.

I'm sure Mark will be delighted when he reads this.

Kris will be an absolute nightmare if he gave him the run around...

Dont worry he will be fine, I'm off to Budapest with him on Thursday and we all tell him that all the time.... I actually amended it as its usually "short fat bearded and bald"

Forgot to add "Kris will be an absolute nightmare if he gave him the run around...".... isn't he always

it's alright Darren, I was aware of my shortness, fatness and baldness prior to reading the thread.

I can't remember doing so much running in a game for a long time and all in vain. I had one chance when I tried to lob Henry, but forgot you're meant to get it back under the bar...

The highlight of the game for me was misisng Kris's goals cause I was getting changed, he looked genuinely gutted when I told him :D

it's alright Darren, I was aware of my shortness, fatness and baldness prior to reading the thread.

I can't remember doing so much running in a game for a long time and all in vain. I had one chance when I tried to lob Henry, but forgot you're meant to get it back under the bar...

The highlight of the game for me was misisng Kris's goals cause I was getting changed, he looked genuinely gutted when I told him :D

:lol:

Cheers Kitster.:thumbsup:

We were in the family enclosure to support my big bruv's boys. I hope they made a bunch.

Oh, and if there were no unclaimed raffle prizes, could the numbers be posted on line by any chance.....:unsure:

One of the organisers has a list of all the winners of the raffle. Im sure they were all claimed though. I will double check

Superb day on Sunday. Thanks to everyone who was there and contributed to the cause. John and Nicola couldnt believe the level of support there. A shame Real/Duddingston couldnt make it more of a spectacle but the legends were different class. Longest 90 minutes Ive ever played :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Johanes de Silentio

will hopefully get along to this game on sunday, hopefully lots of money made for a good cause! jambomickey will be donating ?200.

Now that we are able to give 'rep', I'm bumping this thread and this particular post to recognise a triffic gesture from jambomickey - have some rep, bud!

It's on post #44. :thumbsup:

Archived