Golf Game

jamborich

ArmiyaRomanova

Just added another three folk to the cc.

Might have to give this another go at some point. Recall getting to the Legend rank, when it became too tough to play. :(

Bridge of Djoum
41 minutes ago, ArmiyaRomanova said:

Just added another three folk to the cc.

Might have to give this another go at some point. Recall getting to the Legend rank, when it became too tough to play. :(

jackal73 if you're adding any more.

ArmiyaRomanova
12 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

jackal73 if you're adding any more.

think you need to ask for an invite.... I can't figure out how to find player names to invite them.

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, ArmiyaRomanova said:

think you need to ask for an invite.... I can't figure out how to find player names to invite them.

Just did. Cheers.

5 hours ago, Boof said:

74 for round 3 - same as graygo. ? 

I'm quite happy to see that I have improved with every round, just shows how much difference it makes when you stop playing.

New laptop isn't helping either as it's jerky as feck.

12 minutes ago, graygo said:

I'm quite happy to see that I have improved with every round, just shows how much difference it makes when you stop playing.

New laptop isn't helping either as it's jerky as feck.

I've probably kept my eye in to the tune of a round or two every month or so since that time when my internet connection was driving everybody up the wall. Much better now, though I still can't putt for toffee!

If anybody wants a competitive round just fire up an invite - it's a great way to improve. If I'm on I'll play...think my WGT name is JamboBoof.

I think I've set up a multi-attempt tournament at St Andrews using gentle cinditions - apart from tournament greens.

One round as many times as you want in an attempt to keep your minds off Hampden - I know I certainly need something.

If it hasn't worked it'll be because I tried to do the set-up on my phone and I'm not what one would call a whizz-kid ?

30 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Oh dear. 87. This is just like my real golf, decent driving, good iron game, can’t putt for shit. 

64 - nothing like my real game :lol: that's why I've not been on a course for 20+ years.

Those 3 bogeys ****ed up a good round, though :mad: 

5 hours ago, Dunks said:

Does it work on mobiles? I could be on the toilet a lot over the next 24 hours :ninja:

It does.

Just played the 1st on the latest JKB competition to see if it was straightforward. A birdie would suggest it is but I couldn't find a way to save and quit so just quit. I'll see when I get onto a PC if it has saved or, as I suspect, chucked me out of the game.

5 hours ago, Dunks said:

Does it work on mobiles? I could be on the toilet a lot over the next 24 hours :ninja:

I think I will be anyway and it'll be feck all to do with the golf ???

Bridge of Djoum
16 hours ago, Boof said:

I think I will be anyway and it'll be feck all to do with the golf ???

61, aye?

8 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Might join this,  get ma mid irons sorted.

It's a good laugh Mr P.

I did spend a few £ on clubs a while ago but all it costs me now is balls as they have a limited life. Or if I fire them in a burn ??

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, Boof said:

It's a good laugh Mr P.

I did spend a few £ on clubs a while ago but all it costs me now is balls as they have a limited life. Or if I fire them in a burn ??

Cheers boof

On 24/05/2019 at 15:34, hmfc_liam06 said:

Joined....I'm woeful though.

We were all shite to start with - that's the frustrating thing...you aye think you can a wee bit better.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a look at the US Open qualifying tournament.

Managed a 69 - reasonable, I thought.

The cut is currently sitting at 56 with the leader on 52 :lol: 

Don't think I'll be challenging them anytime soon.

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Excellent. Another chance for people to laugh at my utter shiteness.

We were all shite to begin with - playing a head-to-head with someone is great for improving as there's a chat facility to give (occasionally) helpful advice. Also, the chat facility got roundly abused when we had some fourballs in the JKB competition days. Much of the abuse was - rightly - down to my painfully slow broadband at the time but, Jeezo, I was nearly helpless wi laughter sometimes.

48 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Closest to the welsh hole tournament now open :D

In the water on the first hole. 

Then it got worse. 

14 minutes ago, Tazio said:

In the water on the first hole. 

Then it got worse. 

There's an option to share replays   :whistling:

Mark_Mywords

It's amazing how much you can forget how to play a game.  I just lost 2 balls on the 1st at St Andrews - probably the easiest hole in the game ffs.

Was it always the case when trying to hit the ding, it's when you release the mouse button, not when you press it down?  ?

4 hours ago, Mark_Mywords said:

Was it always the case when trying to hit the ding, it's when you release the mouse button, not when you press it down?  ?

Jeezo - you were one of the almost-unbeatables back in the day.

To answer that question...I've always played it by left-clicking, dragging the power bar to the desired power, un-click then click again when the bar reaches the ding spot. Or a wee bit to the side to account for wind.

Never knew it would work using your method...

Mark_Mywords
16 minutes ago, Boof said:

Jeezo - you were one of the almost-unbeatables back in the day.

To answer that question...I've always played it by left-clicking, dragging the power bar to the desired power, un-click then click again when the bar reaches the ding spot. Or a wee bit to the side to account for wind.

Never knew it would work using your method...

I thought that was how it worked .  For some reason at the moment, it's when I release the button for hitting the ding spot.  Strange.

One more thing, either the swing meter is faster or my responses are not quite as good.  :lol:  I will persevere with it. 

Hang on!! 

You can can play this on a computer? I always play it on my iPad which my explain why I’m so shite at it. Or maybe not. 

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Hang on!! 

You can can play this on a computer? I always play it on my iPad which my explain why I’m so shite at it. Or maybe not. 

I haven't got an iPad...but even if I did I wouldn't dream of playing this on it ??

I used to play it on the pc back in the day but only got a laptop now and the mousepad is nowhere near as good as a mouse.  :( 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hmmm - that went well.

First drive into a bunker :lol: 

EDIT - back in the clubhouse after a catastrophe on the second.

Double rum and I'm off out again.

Edited by Boof

32 minutes ago, Boof said:

Hmmm - that went well.

First drive into a bunker :lol: 

EDIT - back in the clubhouse after a catastrophe on the second.

Double rum and I'm off out again.

On it! :biggrin2:

7 minutes ago, Boof said:

Birdie blitz my erse!

Couldna putt if the hole was the size o a bucket :mad: 

These 13 speed championship greens are like glass

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Country club challenge on now, so I started a tournament for us to compete in

Can't find it :mw_confused:

Edited by Boof
Poor grammar...

Just now, Boof said:

Cant find it :mw_confused:

If you're in the main WGT site and click the Play Now button on the left to bring up the game window, just go to My Country Club: Country Club vs Country Club Event Ends In 21:53:xx and from there, CC EVENT #110 on the right side.

On it!

As a by the way - does anybody know how to get rid of that Toptracer shite that prevents me from seeing the green in aerial shot view?

6 minutes ago, Boof said:

On it!

As a by the way - does anybody know how to get rid of that Toptracer shite that prevents me from seeing the green in aerial shot view?

Do you mean the little inset window that shows your last shot? It can be turned off in-game by going to Menu->Options->Display->Scrolling down to Tee Shot Data and setting it to Off. I think. Try that though. Else I used to just manually click the X in the corner to close it out.