Golf Game

jamborich

portobellojambo1

I'm just back into the internet now, but cannot get the screen to reload the existing game, it seems to be lost to whatever was causing the problem. As Jamie said they were 3up after 12, and as getting the game restarted before the end of the week might now be very difficult I am happy to terminate it as a 3 & 2 win, if that is acceptable to jamie and milanos and within the tournament rules.

ArmiyaRomanova

just on for the first time in days, and on a quick look it seems like the league is crashing down almost before it's started.

Have some time tomorrow evening to take a closer look and make any decisions required.

FFS, I don't even know if my own team's tie for tomorrow evening is a possibility. Was looking for a sub earlier this week.

ArmiyaRomanova

friday should be fine with me.

Friday ok with me

OK so Friday evening it is then for the Goofy B'Stards to host Seabbo.

9pm start good for you two?

and HELP!!!, I still need a sub - anyone available 9pm Friday?

Please?

ArmiyaRomanova

trawled the thread, and thank ferk at least one game got played!

Will wait to see what the consensus is on the tie that's just been abandoned due to WGT playing nasty.

And as for JM pulling out (fnaar) and Mark taking his place.... I also have to consider what will happen if Southport_Jambo doesn't make himself known to Juanimator in the next wee while. (how's that going Donny?)

If it turns out that two teams are a player short, then the best thing to do would be to amalgamate the two teams into a single team and start the league again - or completely re-do the pairings for a five team league and start again.

Let's hope it doesn't come to either.

I'm good for tonight, i'm guessing John will be along about the back of 9 and we can get things started.

Pending marital permission of course.

Not long in from work, you stalking me PJ? :P

I'm fekked, I think I may have to get Mark to step in and take my place in this comp as it's not looking like it will work out for me this time around sadly :(

Permission denied :rofl:

And as for JM pulling out (fnaar) and Mark taking his place.... I also have to consider what will happen if Southport_Jambo doesn't make himself known to Juanimator in the next wee while. (how's that going Donny?)

Still not heard from Southport, so one suggestion might be me being a straight replacement for Fester and partnering PJ.

However as Mark wants in, that might not work.

Back to the drawing board Nige . . . . . :juggle2:

I'm just back into the internet now, but cannot get the screen to reload the existing game, it seems to be lost to whatever was causing the problem. As Jamie said they were 3up after 12, and as getting the game restarted before the end of the week might now be very difficult I am happy to terminate it as a 3 & 2 win, if that is acceptable to jamie and milanos and within the tournament rules.

Fine with me if everyone else ok with it.

ArmiyaRomanova

'EXECUTIVE' DECISION

Due to the 'collapse' of two teams in what was only a six team league, the league will have to be reconfigured .

I could either amalgamate the two stricken teams and redraw the fixtures for five teams, or start afresh and redraw the teams - the latter course of action seeming the fairest way to go about things.

The players seem to be....

Allez/milanos

ArmiyaRomanova/ayeball

Beats

Graygo

jambosean75

jamiej29

Juanimator

portobellojambo

r0880/r0880

weegranty

Which, although it accommodates every remaining player from the 'bust' league, sadly still leaves Mark_My_Words/sosweb without a team berth.

We ran the league once before with an odd number of players, one team consisting of a player who had to draft in a sub every week in order to play.

So, I'm canvassing opinion for what I plan to do..... as follows.....

Eleven players and a 'dummy' player (given a WGT score average formed by the average of everyone elses WGT averages, if that makes sense) will form 12 players for a six team league.

Teams will again be selected based on pairing highest and lowest remaining averaged players - and one poor sod will end up having to find a sub every week - the sub probably being JohnMitchell, who will undoubtedly have a change of heart about standing down at some point.

How does that sound?

Unless there's violent disagreement (and the only other option is a five team league with Mark left on the sidelines), I'll get this up and running on Sunday evening, set up the first round of fixtures, and the new pairings can get me their team names during that week.

Sound fair?

Edited by ArmiyaRomanova

The Old Tolbooth

Apologies guys, I had a tw@t of a day yesterday and just wasn't in the fettle after a 14 hour day, got a lot more going on that I don't need right now and it's all a bit much, if you can handle me being a hit or a miss with the competition then I can be a burden to someone, but definitely can't play next week due to work commitments as I'm working away in Inverness and on a works Xmas bash on the Saturday night.

Nigel, damn you for making me feel guilty :(

A couple of years ago, I was the poor sod that had to get random subs every week..... Then Beats joined up and became my partner.

What a lucky bugger I was!

:sob:

A couple of years ago, I was the poor sod that had to get random subs every week..... Then Beats joined up and became my partner.

What a lucky bugger I was!

:sob:

Nearly 3 1/2 years since we started playing this daft game :o

I'd only seen Hearts winning the big cup twice up to then ;)

im ok with any decision made

Same here,

I concur wi Robbo and Graygo on this Nige....... :thumbsup:

a redraw sounds good, I never realised how shite Beats was. ;)

You're teasing us G . . . you've ALWAYS known Beats was shite. :lol:

portobellojambo1

I also have to consider what will happen if Southport_Jambo doesn't make himself known to Juanimator in the next wee while.

I may be wrong here Nigel (but think I'm right) but I believe that Southport Jambo may be a relative of another poster on JKB called bikerjambo. Not sure if it is worth contacting bikerjambo by PM to see if there has maybe been a change in Southport Jambo's circumstances which mean he will be unable to participate going forward.

ArmiyaRomanova

utterly knackered and ill, off to bed early - will set new league up during the week for a start next weekend.

Apologies.

ArmiyaRomanova

beginning to lose motivation for starting the comp this year, as the festive season is almost upon us and we'll have to shut down over that period anyway given everyone's various commitments.....

Sooooo.... let's aim to kick off in early January - with only five or six teams, we'll be done by March anyway.

Still on is it?

I'll be there for a few vimtos if it is.

Be pretty gash if it's only 3 of us!!

Postpone till Jan/Feb if you want. Can't be bothered going for a couple then sitting on a bus for an hour and a half!

Be pretty gash if it's only 3 of us!!

Postpone till Jan/Feb if you want. Can't be bothered going for a couple then sitting on a bus for an hour and a half!

Probably makes sense.

Anybody having a pint after the game then?

Cancelled mate, due to some folk having nights out organised, some working and John Mitchell not being allowed out.

The Old Tolbooth

Cancelled mate, due to some folk having nights out organised, some working and John Mitchell not being allowed out.

Says him that has to do ironing, hoovering, and washing, just to get to the pub for an hour these days :D

16431194_low.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
portobellojambo1

Christ, this had rifted down to page 8. Any thoughts about a league restart/team redraw date yet Nigel.

ArmiyaRomanova

Looks like I'm a part-timer these days too.

SO HERE IT IS..... given what happened last time, I reckon the best thing to do is to start from scratch with those currently interested....

cut and paste as folk join please..... open for signup until this weekend, when (fingers crossed) we'll have enough for a league and can set some games up....

THE KICKBACK AS LEAGUE SIGN-UP POST (2nd attempt)

1 - ArmiyaRomanova/ayeball

Can't beleive you can stil plays this...........GOLF STAR is far better

Can I take the clubs that I bought on WGT for a feckin fortune over to Golf Star?

2 - jambosean75

3 - Beats

4 - weegranty

5 - graygo

All the pissheads I see ;)

Edit: and AR.

Edited by graygo

ArmiyaRomanova

2 - jambosean75

3 - Beats

4 - weegranty

5 - graygo

open until Sunday, so if you know anyone who's not seen the thread in a while.....

portobellojambo1

2 - jambosean75

3 - Beats

4 - weegranty

5 - graygo

6 - portobellojambo1