...a bit disco

KickAss.

I was pleasantly surprised.

Harry Palmer

Day of the Triffids.

bbc iplayer :)

The answer is in the Lighthouse FFS! First time I'd seen this classic. :ninja:

Guest GhostHunter

Red Road was disturbing for some reason - but also has a real s*x (and I mean real)scene it which completely caught me by surprise.:whistling:

Anyhoo - watched Hierro last night - dark, disturbing Spanish film.....worth a gander.

Watched Dead Mans Shoes last night 10/10 Pure Class :thumbsup:

Grindhouse (the full 2 film & trailers version) is also excellent and well worth the money for the dvd.

Watched the Expendables last night, well worth a watch.

Going to watch Centurion tonight.

• 1 year later...
Buffalo Bill

Inglorious Basterds; saw it for the first time the other night. An amazing film, incredibly tense at times. Brilliant scene were red-neck Brad Pitt pretends to be Italian in the cinema foyer.

Inglorious Basterds; saw it for the first time the other night. An amazing film, incredibly tense at times. Brilliant scene were red-neck Brad Pitt pretends to be Italian in the cinema foyer.

laugh.gif I have it on Blu-ray, awesome movie.

I've got the new Sherlock Holmes to watch tonight, suppost to be good

watched the 5hr version of das boot. it's necessary that it's so long to get across the idea of the men's boredom waiting for stuff to happen but, wow, 5 hours is a long time. Also watched help! and the magical mystery tour. Really enjoyed help as it was very goons/monty python. mmt was thankfully short as what they were trying didnt work.

Watched "Social Network" and apart from the opening few minutes when I would have gladly smacked Zuckerberg on the head with a fire extinguisher it actually turned out to be a very good movie which didn't paint Zuckerberg as a guy to do business with.

On same flight I also watched "In Time" with Justin Timberlake. A good sci fi story turned into a travesty of a film. Avoid.

Also watched 'How Does She Do It?" with that bint from Sex and the City. Another travesty that should be avoided at all costs. If your bursd/wife/partner suggest a night in with this shit chickflick and a bottle of wine , dump her.

Watched "Social Network" and apart from the opening few minutes when I would have gladly smacked Zuckerberg on the head with a fire extinguisher it actually turned out to be a very good movie which didn't paint Zuckerberg as a guy to do business with.

That annoyed me about the movie, which was otherwise really good. It begins with him being played as though he has asperger's which then turns in to him simply being a ***** about half way through with the "i'm giving you exactly the minimum amount of attention" speech.

I watched "2 in the pink and one in the stink #23" just before work. Great visuals but the plot was a bit thin.

• 2 months later...
Buffalo Bill

Watched a couple of similar type movies recently, both made in 2009

One was Love Happens, starring Aaron Eckhart - the other Up in the Air, starring George Clooney.

The Clooney one was better; about a travelling businessman who concoons himself in the trappings of his job.

Both movies are about lonely blokes who spend their lives out on the road, for different reasons.

We need to talk about Kevin. Holy s**t.

The Descendants. Great film

Cowboys and Aliens. Just daft, but in a good way.

gordiegords

That annoyed me about the movie, which was otherwise really good. It begins with him being played as though he has asperger's which then turns in to him simply being a ***** about half way through with the "i'm giving you exactly the minimum amount of attention" speech.

I dont think he is like that in the real world, Pretty sure most of the others from that saga said so also, they did have to make some sort of "storyline" albeit slightly exagerated or the movie itself would'nt be as good, I quite liked it, it was like an Information Overload. :thumbsup:

Arthur Morgan

I'm nearly done catching up on the Marvel films leading up to The Avengers so I have just watched Iron Man, which was definitely the best out of the ones I've watched so far. Just need to see Iron Man 2 then I'll be ready to see The Avengers.

Archived