What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Daz1874

I have just finished watching Repo Men and I quite enjoyed it, so what would the last movie you seen that you would recommend to folk? :thumbsup:

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chester copperpot

I have just finished watching Repo Men and I quite enjoyed it, so what would the last movie you seen that you would recommend to folk? :thumbsup:

Watched Shawshank Redemption tonight, proper good film. Seen it tonnes of times though.

Watched Rightcheous (SP) kill last night for the first time though. Actually quite enjoyed it.

Malcolm Tucker

Fantastic Mr. Fox.

Love that film! Anything directed by Wes Anderson is a winner tbh.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Don't laugh but I just watched 'Remember Me'. Pretty decent and the end is a massive twist. No one could ever predict what happens!

Repo man has a decent twist at the end as well. :thumbsup:

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

Dead Man Running - great film with 50 cent, danny dyer etc in it.

Harry Brown - The one with Michael Caine where he goes all vigilante on the local youths, quality!

Kevin And Perry Go Large - watched this last night, absolute classic!

Funny Games by Michael Haneke, most disturbing horror I've seen in a long time!

Watched "Notorious" last Saturday afternoon when I was in a comotose state.

Pretty good film. Worth a watch just fo the beats!

Watched "Went the Day Well" last night.

A 1942 British propaganda film which "The Eagle Has Landed" borrows very heavily from.

Best war film I have watched in a long time, with some really brutal scenes in it. Lasts for about 90 mins so is quite fast paced.

If you can get over the early 40's production values and cut-glass accents it really is a wonderful film. Very tense and some good action too, although don't expect anything like "Where Eagles Dare" etc.

I can't recommend this film highly enough.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Went_the_day_well

Mikey Gardiner

Napoleon Dynamite. :thumbsup:

I think it's a great movie although probably not to everyone's liking though.

Also just bought Greenzone which is quite a good movie.

The last really great film I watched was Gran Torino. It's a real slow burner, but the end is brilliant and stays with you for ages.

Johanes de Silentio

Watched "Went the Day Well" last night.

A 1942 British propaganda film which "The Eagle Has Landed" borrows very heavily from.

Best war film I have watched in a long time, with some really brutal scenes in it. Lasts for about 90 mins so is quite fast paced.

If you can get over the early 40's production values and cut-glass accents it really is a wonderful film. Very tense and some good action too, although don't expect anything like "Where Eagles Dare" etc.

I can't recommend this film highly enough.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Went_the_day_well

I've seen that, Boris - excellent movie, komrad! :thumbsup:

Bringing the tone waaaaay down here but I went to see Get Him to the Greek yesterday and it was pretty decent.

Russell Brands still an arse though

I've seen that, Boris - excellent movie, komrad! :thumbsup:

I was genuinely blown away at how good it was. Should be compulsory viewing!

The People's Chimp

ZATOICHI.

With Takeshi Kitano. Totally ridiculous and top quality stuff.

Zatoichi-movie-05.jpg

Funny Games by Michael Haneke, most disturbing horror I've seen in a long time!

I wouldnt say its a horror....its not even that creepy. It IS however, quite disturbing. Decent film.

This week I have watched;

2012 - complete and utter shit. Theres only so many times I can watch a plane nearly hit something. Avoid like the plague

Harry Brown - as poster above said, its pretty good. Old school revenge.

Hotel Rwanda - quite enjoyable but not as good as Shooting Dogs and has a whiff of 'made for TV' about it.

Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic?

The Book of Eli.

And I've just bought Red Dawn out of Sainsburys for ?3 which I will watch later this evening.

Not seen it for about twenty years!

I wouldnt say its a horror....its not even that creepy. It IS however, quite disturbing. Decent film.

Should probaly be categorised as 'low gore' horror and just find the characters creepy rather than the script !

Have to agree with both the previous posts about Get Him to the Greek and District 9, both great films. I just bought American Beauty after seeing it on BBC 1 or something a few weeks ago....I think it's one of my favourite films now, I always assumed it was a chick-flick.

Rented Shutter Island which I saw in the pics when it came out, fantastic film...and The Crazies last night, haven't watched it yet though.

Two films that are probably in my top 5 after just recently seeing them even though they've been out a while....Taken and The Departed, both outstanding.

Last film I watched was Book of Eli, came highly recommended but I wasnt overly impressed with it. The cinematography, acting, sound and fight scenes are excellent, but the unfolding story and ending left me cold.

Gran Torino though, the previous film I watched, was a really decent movie, as The Doctor says, a slow burner with a memorable finale.

The Condemned. Pretty crap.

Get him to the greek on the other hand was brilliant.

In The Electric Mist - Tommy Lee Jones

The DVD was a fiver at Tescos. Watched it last night, really really bad.

Want my fiver back.:down:

I just bought American Beauty after seeing it on BBC 1 or something a few weeks ago....I think it's one of my favourite films now, I always assumed it was a chick-flick.

:laugh:

Fantastic film (barring the "so much beauty" speech, which is pretentious crap).

I watched Memento the other night - loved it. In case you've never heard of it, it's directed by Christopher Nolan (The Prestige, The Dark Night, Inception), and the narrative unfolds in reverse order. Seriously, watch it.

:laugh:

Fantastic film (barring the "so much beauty" speech, which is pretentious crap).

I watched Memento the other night - loved it. In case you've never heard of it, it's directed by Christopher Nolan (The Prestige, The Dark Night, Inception), and the narrative unfolds in reverse order. Seriously, watch it.

Memento is pretty good. The special edt DVD has the film in the 'proper' order, worth a watch.

If anyone's into gangster films then 3 of the best of the last couple of years are

Mesrine part 1 and part 2. About a french gangster who becomes public enemy number 1. Stars Vincent Cassell who is a superb actor.

'A Prophet' is a better film but at 2.5 hours is a long one. Its a great film about an Arab dude who gets chucked in t afrench jail and ends up a mafia boss.

Is 'Get Him to the Greek' actually any good? The thouht of watching another Jonah Hill film where he plays the EXACT same character makes my blood run cold. I enjoyed Superbad but this is about the 4th film where it looks like he's the same character. The same can also be said of Michael Cena. I get it, one's fat and the other's a geek. Please move on!

I almost forgot about a film thats completely ridiculous but should be watched just for the Bill Murray cameo, ZoMbieland!

Serously, its bloody good fun and has a genius five minutes where they take refuge in Beverley Hills.

Last film I watched was Book of Eli, came highly recommended but I wasnt overly impressed with it. The cinematography, acting, sound and fight scenes are excellent, but the unfolding story and ending left me cold.

Gran Torino though, the previous film I watched, was a really decent movie, as The Doctor says, a slow burner with a memorable finale.

Book of eli is the last film i watched too....there is no pace to the film....disappointing! :down:

On a new release note, Nolan's latest offering "Inception" is out today. Been really looking forward to it and off to see it tonight. Stellar cast and great reviews.

Broomie Hearts

i watched This boys Life on film4 the other night

i,d recommend that.

8.5 out of 10.

tokyowalnut

Watched Inception at the cinema today. Fantastic, probably my favourite movie of the year so far.

Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic?

And I've just bought Red Dawn out of Sainsburys for ?3 which I will watch later this evening.

Not seen it for about twenty years!

Well I should have learned my lesson when I decided to (re)watch Blakes 7 a while back.

Red Dawn is a steaming pile of shite.

I downloaded the pilot for Tales of the Gold Monkey earlier this week.

It may prove prudent just to delete it...

Angry Haggis

Mum & Dad (see here http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1129428/ )

Car crash movie that you had to keep watching till the end, strange masterbation scene with a bit flesh too. Nick Fisher of the sun gives a 2 fish 'Worth Frying' rating. (One Fish: Codswallop, 2 Fish: Worth Frying, 3 Fish: Finn-Tastic)

:mellow:

Jambojohnnyboy

The last two movies I watched were 'Swimming Pool', a bit of a slow burner but the acting is good. Quite a good twist at the end and open to interpretation. And 'Big Nothing' heavily influenced by a load of other thrillers and has a bit of a Tarantino feel to it but it is well made and quite amusing too. Simon Pegg steals this movie.

Inglorious Basterds on Sky at 10. Superb!

Superb film, AP. The scene in the downstairs bar is outstandingly tense.

Fiancee recently made me watch "Blind Side" with Sandra Bullock which I was dreading cos I thought it was a chickflick but it was superb. I recommend it to everybody.

Other fantastic films I've seen recently are "Up" and "Finding Forrester"

Don't laugh but I just watched 'Remember Me'. Pretty decent and the end is a massive twist. No one could ever predict what happens!

Repo man has a decent twist at the end as well.??:thumbsup:

I watched 'Remember Me' a few days ago and I was looking forward to it after reading a few good reviews but the twist at the end left me feeling a bit dirty or something. Don't want to spoil it for anyone who plans to watch it so I won't go into specifics but I couldn't help but feel that it was just ridiculously gratuitous. Like they'd made the bulk of the film and then found themselves going 'Ummm, right...what's the most unlikely thing you can think of? Something unlikely that will simultaneously shock and tug on the heartstrings? Something universally effective. Ooohhhh, I've got it..' and then stuck on the ending. It felt a bit cheap and just didn't sit right.

Pattinson was good though.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I watched 'Remember Me' a few days ago and I was looking forward to it after reading a few good reviews but the twist at the end left me feeling a bit dirty or something. Don't want to spoil it for anyone who plans to watch it so I won't go into specifics but I couldn't help but feel that it was just ridiculously gratuitous. Like they'd made the bulk of the film and then found themselves going 'Ummm, right...what's the most unlikely thing you can think of? Something unlikely that will simultaneously shock and tug on the heartstrings? Something universally effective. Ooohhhh, I've got it..' and then stuck on the ending. It felt a bit cheap and just didn't sit right.

Pattinson was good though.

Yeah it felt like it was just stuck in at the end for the shock factor. It has absolutely no relevance to the film whatsoever! I like films that leave me feeling surprised/shocked at the end though.

Was impressed with RP actually, potentially great actor if he can shake off the vampire tag!

Yeah it felt like it was just stuck in at the end for the shock factor. It has absolutely no relevance to the film whatsoever! I like films that leave me feeling surprised/shocked at the end though.

Was impressed with RP actually, potentially great actor if he can shake off the vampire tag!

I'm glad someone else agrees. I'm no Barry Norman but I just didn't appreciate the manipulative feel of the ending at all. And yeah, Pattinson was very good. You get the feeling that he probably has slightly more serious ambitions than being the teen vampire pin-up and I look forward to seeing him in something a bit more gritty.?

durhamhearts

Edge of darkness it was ok nothing to shout about

Bringing the tone waaaaay down here but I went to see Get Him to the Greek yesterday and it was pretty decent.

Russell Brands still an arse though

Hes a weirdo bud,but thats how he makes his money

Archived