What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Daz1874

Last new movie I watched was The A Team's new movie..

Watched Rush Hour 2 last night in my bed. Great film, funny as hell..

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rossthejambo

Saw Toy Story 3 last week and thought it was brilliant.

Also saw The Damned United at the weekend. Better than I expected. Always good to hear Hearts get a mention :thumbsup:

Saw Toy Story 3 last week and thought it was brilliant.

Also saw The Damned United at the weekend. Better than I expected. Always good to hear Hearts get a mention :thumbsup:

I quite enjoyed The Damned United aswell :thumbsup:

Watched Invictus last night. Not a great movie but a good popcorn movie.

Sporting success and beating nasty racists is always good! Morgan Freeman's accent wasn't.

Well I should have learned my lesson when I decided to (re)watch Blakes 7 a while back.

Red Dawn is a steaming pile of shite.

I downloaded the pilot for Tales of the Gold Monkey earlier this week.

It may prove prudent just to delete it...

OH, Tell me where you got that from????

I used to watch it as a kid, and have been looking for it for ages.

(Jake Cutter, and the one-eyed dog) - like a TV Indiana Jones, IIRC

EDIT: Last film I saw was "The Damned United" on TV the other night - pretty good, although I'm aware the film and the book it's based on may not be the whole truth...

OH, Tell me where you got that from????

I used to watch it as a kid, and have been looking for it for ages.

(Jake Cutter, and the one-eyed dog) - like a TV Indiana Jones, IIRC

EDIT: Last film I saw was "The Damned United" on TV the other night - pretty good, although I'm aware the film and the book it's based on may not be the whole truth...

Actually, the above isn't true - just remembered that I was watching Die Hard on BBC 3 last night. Yippee-kay-aye!

Observe and Report - Seth Rogan comedy - I thought it was hilarious, however, that may be because I was completely wasted when I watched it...

Im sure a more level-headed person will come on here and tell me it is garbage!

THEY LIVE!

Starring Roddy "Hot Rod" Piper

Bubblegum_Classic.jpg

I Have come to chew bubblegum and kick ass........... and i'm all out of bubblegum

blondejamtart

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Absolutely brilliant film.

I would also recommend the other 2 in the trilogy - The Girl Who Played with Fire & The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest.

I really want to see this - loved the books, but see they're now making a "Hollywood" version, which will probably go and spoil the whole thing.

Watched The Hurt Locker and Green Zone a couple of days ago. Any other decent war films anyone can reccomend?

Watched The Hurt Locker and Green Zone a couple of days ago. Any other decent war films anyone can reccomend?

Probably not many more "modern" war films.

However...

- ZULU

- Platoon

to name just two. Incidentally, I've just finished watching the tv series "Band of Brothers" = absolutely excellent!

Stewart MacD

I really want to see this - loved the books, but see they're now making a "Hollywood" version, which will probably go and spoil the whole thing.

Brilliant film, much better than the book, in a reversal of the usual pattern. I imagine the US version will be a must to avoid (Thanks hermann).

I went to see "Farewell" this week - a very good film.

As a lover of anything to do with the Roman Republic and Empire, I saw "Centurion" - just an average swords and sandal flick, with more than the usual amount of gore.

"Not the Messiah...." has a special screening today. Looking forward to that, moist already.

The Future's Maroon

I might have mentioned this before....

Unthinkable - Sam L Jackson - Brilliant film.

Seen the A-Team a couple of weeks ago and thought it was utter garbage....don't know what I missed as seen loads of reviews saying its brilliant - not in my book, too cheesy (but yeah, that was the A-Team)!!

Hannibal Lecter

Probably not many more "modern" war films.

However...

- ZULU

- Platoon

to name just two. Incidentally, I've just finished watching the tv series "Band of Brothers" = absolutely excellent!

Great film, one of my favourites :thumbsup:

Harry Palmer

Ice Cold in Alex.

Patton

Longest Day

Reach for the Sky

Just a selection of a few recently watched.

:thumbsup:

Harry Palmer

I also watched American History X recently.

Thought it was really good.

chester copperpot

Decent film, quite enjoyed it myself.

Chris Benoit

Brilliant film :thumbsup:

Chris Benoit

Really enjoyed watching Denzel Washington in Man on Fire last night. :thumbsup:

May be my favourite film ever, definitely top 5.

Watched Dusk till Dawn the other day, excellent film although it is like 2 films in 1

Harry Palmer

Brilliant film :thumbsup:

I'd never seen it before until this week but had heard good things about it. Thought it was great.

Others I've watched this week...

Gran Torino: Decent film but not worth the hype even if it is Clint Eastwood.

Hellboy: Confusing but a switch brain off type film.

Public Enemies: Thought it was good stuff.

Valkyrie: Meh, could've been better.

Hannibal Lecter

I'd never seen it before until this week but had heard good things about it. Thought it was great.

Others I've watched this week...

Gran Torino: Decent film but not worth the hype even if it is Clint Eastwood.

Hellboy: Confusing but a switch brain off type film.

Public Enemies: Thought it was good stuff.

Valkyrie: Meh, could've been better.

I actually quite enjoyed Valkyrie...

I saw Toy Story 3 at the pictures yesterday.

Excellent as ever, Pixar!

I watched 2012 a couple of nights ago. Definitely one of the worst movies of the year. It's stupid beyond words.

My daughter saw Inception yesterday. She said it was good and recommends it.

Watched I am legend last night, started off really well then just tapered off at the end, disappointed. 6/10.

The Aviator was on telly last night. I was ******* loving it as said film is one of my favourites of all time.

Watched Law abiding citzzen the other night. One of the best films EVER. :thumbsup:

For such a shite name it's a cracking film.

Makes me think I might try that one with Pacino and DeNiro in it. What was it called? Righteous Kill or something shit?

Black Hawk Down - Probably my most favourite film

Tears of the Sun

Enemy at the Gates - WW2 film but really good

dodethejambo

Cats & dogs 2 in 3d - utter gash, only went cause got free tickets :verymad:

best part (other than the end) was the Road runner & Coyote cartoon in 3D before it started

:thumbsup:

Hannibal Lecter

Watched the original version of The 39 Steps with Robert Donat from 1935 last night.

It's an absolute classic :thumbsup:

Enjoyed Bat21 years ago though haven't seen it since.

Ray Winstone

I went to see 'Inception' at the cinema last week, well worth a watch but you have to be willing to give your full concentration to the film or it will pass you by.

Watched Gran Torino for the first time the other day and it was not too bad, the casual racism is actually quite funny but I somehow don't think that was what Eastwood wanted to portray it as.

Jambojohnnyboy

Have watched two rather grim but well made movies.

'Red Road' - Glaswegian drama about a woman who spots a man she thought she wouldn't see for a while and how it impacts on her life and his.

'Bug' - From the director of 'The Exorcist' a former soldier and a lonely waitress meet and in doing so set of a chain of events revolving around a supposed bug infestation. It's all pretty much set in one place and the claustrophobia and disturbing scenes make it all the more effective.

JamboRossi79

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Absolutely brilliant film.

I would also recommend the other 2 in the trilogy - The Girl Who Played with Fire & The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest.

Got that on DVD the other week, it was a good film but I was a little disappointed compared to the book but guess that is fairly usual.

I expected a lot of the characters to look younger than the folk that played them although Salander was probably a perfect fit.

Watched Funny People on Sky Premiere (or should that be unfunny people) You would think a film with Adam Sandler, Seth Rogen and Jonah Hill would be funny but you would be wrong. Depressing.

On the other hand Jurassic Park still one of my fav movies, quality stuff. Toy Story 3 excellent and both Inception and Shrek 4 good.

EDIT : Almost forgot watched Alice in Wonderland the other day, weird (Tim Burton of course) but good.

Got that on DVD the other week, it was a good film but I was a little disappointed compared to the book but guess that is fairly usual.

Wathched Debbie does Dallas the other night , I thought it was better than the book.

Harry Palmer

Ill Met By Moonlight.

Yep, I like my war films! :thumbsup:

Mississippi Burning. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived