What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Daz1874

Jambojohnnyboy

Watched Tales From Earthsea with my kids this morning and found it really enjoyable.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw The Princess Bride for the first time last night. Thought it was quite good :)

Bordeaux 03

Watched Jumper a few nights ago and I was suprised how good it was, on the other hand Sherlock Holmes I thought was quite average.

PsychocAndy

Unthinkable was great.

No laughs no special effects, well once, but great acting from Samuel L Jackson and Carrie Anne thingy out of the Matrix.

i'm just about to stick "REC" on in a bit

given to me by my mate and comes highly recommended

i'm just about to stick "REC" on in a bit

given to me by my mate and comes highly recommended

I thought REC was quite good. The remake was garbage tho.

Fiancee recently made me watch "Blind Side" with Sandra Bullock which I was dreading cos I thought it was a chickflick but it was superb. I recommend it to everybody.

Just what I was going to say...the berd wanted to watch this last night, and I simply intended on taking the opportunity to have a wee nap. However, ended up watching it all, and thought it was excellent.

Watched Where the Wild Things Are again today.

I think it's a top quality film. Really, enjoyed it.

Captain Lithuania

Watched Shanghai Noon, Shanghai Knights (Owen Wilson and Jackie Chan) and Rush Hour 3 the other night. Great films. Decided to.. Ahem.. Acquire (?) a few Jackie Chan movies after seeing him on Johnathan Ross. Brilliant actor/martial artist.

Rupert Pupkin

GREENZONE, last night with the wife which i thought was ok. Worth a look.

TOY STORY 3 with the kids today which was really good, you cant help but connect with the characters.There were more adults there than kids. Wouldn't recommend the extra couple of quid to see in 3D though. Didn't look like it was made for 3D even though they said it was.

I thought REC was quite good. The remake was garbage tho.

not seen the remake, hadnt even heard of REC til a few weeks ago. really enjoyed it though. might watch kick ass later this week

Going to see Toy Story 3 with the wife after pay day at the end of the month....cheers for the tip Rupert, it's bull when film makers charge extra money to see a film in 3D when there's no need for it.

Watched The Benchwarmers the other night.....very, very funny film. I had never heard of it before I saw it in Asda on the cheap, so I dunno if it's a very well known film, it's got Rob Schneider, the guy from Blades of Glory and Napolean Dynamite, David Spade and Jon Lovitz, who's a very funny guy.

edit: after a quick wiki.....apparently it received terrible reviews, oh well...I thought it was good.

I had never seen the deer hunter until tonight.

Not as impressed as I thought it would be.

The last film I watched that I really loved was the original version of the crazies.

EELS up inside ya!!!

Watched Shutter Island the other night. Good film with a decent twist.

Saw Shutter Island the other day. It was watchable but I thought it was awfully predictable and felt very long.

GREENZONE, last night with the wife which i thought was ok. Worth a look.

TOY STORY 3 with the kids today which was really good, you cant help but connect with the characters.There were more adults there than kids. Wouldn't recommend the extra couple of quid to see in 3D though. Didn't look like it was made for 3D even though they said it was.

Gotta agree about the Toy Story 3D comment Rupert. Saw it yesterday and didnt see anything in 3D that would have ben missed had we gone for the standard version. Talking of 3D I was dissapointed to see that at Cineworld they charge for the glasses, insult was added to injury when the lassie tried to sell me 3 pairs of the special edition Shrek glasses at ?1.90 rather than the normal ones which were 80p. Of course the 80p ones werent on display, they were conviently hidden away under the counter.

But to answer the OP's question.........Toy Story 3

Watched Inglorious *******s on Friday night which was awesome.

Also watched, for the first time, Dr. Strangelove on Sunday night. Potential candidate for besting ending to a film ever??

I watched The Damned Utd on Sunday night.

Really enjoyed it and a far more sympathetic appraisal of Clough than the I got from the book.

Hearts also get a mention so that was good.

rossthejambo

I watched Eastern Promises on Saturday night and thought it was a decent film. Bit of an abrupt ending I thought but apart from that it was good.

Plan on seeing Toy Story 3 this week at some point and hopefully Inception as well.

Anyone see Last Samurai last night? Good film. Seen it before but was definately worth a second viewing :thumbsup:

northfieldhearts

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Absolutely brilliant film.

I would also recommend the other 2 in the trilogy - The Girl Who Played with Fire & The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Absolutely brilliant film.

I would also recommend the other 2 in the trilogy - The Girl Who Played with Fire & The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest.

The other two haven't been made into films yet...but aye, great reads.

Guest GhostHunter

The other two haven't been made into films yet...but aye, great reads.

They have and are available in the usual "outlets"...

Brilliant Brilliant Films...

old film but I recently watched 'The Man Who Would Be King' which is well worth a watch.

More recently Predators and Sherlock Homes were decent enough, if not spectacular.

Malcolm Tucker

At long last saw Inglorious Basterds.

As good as I expected it to be! Col. Hans Landa is amazing in it :lol:

Harry Palmer

The McKenzie Break. :thumbsup:

P.O.W. film but German prisoners escaping. Brian Keith is superb.

They have and are available in the usual "outlets"...

Brilliant Brilliant Films...

Well that's great! I had no idea, merci for the info.

I've been trying to get The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo from Blockbuster for about a week now. They haven't had it on any of my five trips in.

Raging.

Lots of good movies being mentioned. I watched Toy Story 3 yesterday and cried, Yes im a sad sack!.

marsha_takis

At long last saw Inglorious Basterds.

As good as I expected it to be! Col. Hans Landa is amazing in it :lol:

:thumbsup: . Amazing film!

Mum & Dad (see here http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1129428/ )

Car crash movie that you had to keep watching till the end, strange masterbation scene with a bit flesh too. Nick Fisher of the sun gives a 2 fish 'Worth Frying' rating. (One Fish: Codswallop, 2 Fish: Worth Frying, 3 Fish: Finn-Tastic)

:mellow:

I watched this movie last night. Strange indeed, but not a bad movie.

Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll.Ian Dury's life.Thought it was great but not everybodys cup of tea. :thumbsup:

Hot Tub Time Machine.Enjoyable nonsense. :thumbsup:

The Losers.Great entertainment. :thumbsup:

Hannibal Lecter

I wouldnt say its a horror....its not even that creepy. It IS however, quite disturbing. Decent film.

This week I have watched;

2012 - complete and utter shit. Theres only so many times I can watch a plane nearly hit something. Avoid like the plague

Harry Brown - as poster above said, its pretty good. Old school revenge.

Hotel Rwanda - quite enjoyable but not as good as Shooting Dogs and has a whiff of 'made for TV' about it.

Couldn't agree more with that statement. It was a film I really wanted to see and when I did it was a major disappointment for me.

Toy Story 3 - just brilliant.

Hot Tub Time Machine - interesting premise, but falls between gross-out comedy and Back To The Future wannabe. Has it's moments and the payoff is good, if signposted.

The Road - relentlessly bleak, but the relationship between the man and the child is quite moving.

slashishere

Lots of good movies being mentioned. I watched Toy Story 3 yesterday and cried, Yes im a sad sack!.

Not alone, lots of adults (myself included) welling up, kids around us all totally oblivious!

Just watched "Nowhere Boy", Movie about John Lennon's childhood. I enjoyed it :thumbsup:

Jambojohnnyboy

Watched Apocalypto last week, thought it was well made with a fairly liberal sprinkling of violence but given when it was set I doubt it was a time of calm and peace.

Hannibal Lecter

One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest

If you're like me and have never seen it then I would definitely recommend it. Had never seen it until earlier but I really enjoyed it.

White Material with the outstanding Isabelle Huppert at the Cameo a couple of weeks back. Very good indeed, with a great soundtrack by Tindersticks.

Jambojohnnyboy

Breach - A well made spy thriller.

Bullitt - A first time viewing for me and it's really good and still stands up today.

Archived