The Adventures of Raoul Moat / Standoff with police in Rothbury

Homme

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/10523318.stm

Police hunting suspected gunman Raoul Moat have said that the "net is closing" as an exclusion zone is set up around a Northumberland town.

Armed officers are searching disused farm buildings near Rothbury following the discovery in the area of a black Lexus believed to be used by him.

The public has been warned that Moat, 37, is still at large and people should stay indoors.

He has been on the run since allegedly shooting three people, one fatally.

It has also been revealed that two men taken hostage by him have been found and arrested for conspiracy to murder.

_48262281_rothbury2.jpg Armed police are searching for suspected gunman Raoul Moat Det Insp Neil Adamson described the police operation as "ongoing".

He said: "At this time Mr Moat has not been located but I am confident that with the support of the public and the efforts our staff we are closing the net."

Officers were searching the area around the village and a number of police cars were outside a disused farm.

The main route into Rothbury, along a scenic road from the A1, was shut a couple of miles from the village.

The police operation began when Moat's ex-girlfriend Samantha Stobbart, 22, was shot and her boyfriend, Chris Brown, 29, was killed in Birtley, Gateshead, on Saturday.

A police officer was also shot in his patrol car in Newcastle on Sunday.

_48262283_lexus.jpg The car that Moat was believed to have been driving was found in Rothbury Isabelle Wilson, from Rothbury, found the car believed to be the one being used by Moat.

She said: "We saw the car last night when we were walking our dogs.

"We noticed the registration number and when I heard the news this morning I said to my husband I was sure that was the car. He went back to check then we called the police."

--------

Interesting developments. Bit in bold doesn't make much sense as of yet though. Sounds like another couple of guys are trying to finish him off before the police catch up with him.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gerd Muller

whats with the north of england and guns recently. The boy kens he's a dead man so he's just gonna keep going. Hope its all over quick and that he doesnt die and that he is put away for the rest of his life.

Ra Polis should just shoot the mad fud in his tiny pea brain then we can all get back to normality.

Ra Polis should just shoot the mad fud in his tiny pea brain then we can all get back to normality.

Yes but they won't because then the liberal-lefty hand-wringing brigade will shout about his human rights. Notwithstanding the fact that he has killed 1 and seriously injured 2 innocent people. Blow his brains out!

Mr Moat's rambling 49 page letter resembled something that might have been penned by Viz's "Big Vern". He even looks like him.

Snake Plissken

Boys definitely got the look of Charles Whitman about him.

Seriosu 'roid rage going on there.

the head of the police said something rather important on the news - the man has children, so much better they catch him rather than leave the kids with this as the last thing their dad did.

the head of the police said something rather important on the news - the man has children, so much better they catch him rather than leave the kids with this as the last thing their dad did.

If only that sort of thing would work, he's maybe beyond the point of being susceptible to appeals to his better nature. Sounds like he has completely and utterly lost the plot. At least his note mentioned that the public need not fear him, I guess that's something...

davemclaren

Mr Moat's rambling 49 page letter resembled something that might have been penned by Viz's "Big Vern". He even looks like him.

Keyboard hardman. I bet you wouldn't say that to his face. :)

heartsfc_fan

I hope they hurry up and shoot and/or arrest the guy. I've got family around 10-15 miles from the area.

I hope they hurry up and shoot and/or arrest the guy. I've got family around 10-15 miles from the area.

Easier said than done. I'd swear I saw at least 3 guys who looked like him at Newcastle station today.?

In all seriousness, it must be horrible for those who live nearby. The guy is a bonafide nutjob.

jamboinglasgow
Interesting developments. Bit in bold doesn't make much sense as of yet though. Sounds like another couple of guys are trying to finish him off before the police catch up with him.

was thinking that as well, think they tried to be big heroes and go after him only to discover what a dangerous man this guy is.

Scary guy though.

Tries to kill ex-girlfriend.

Then in his letter, he threatens the cops that if they don't keep her alive he'll track down the doctors and kill them.

Make yer mind up ya mup! :blink:

Colonel Kurtz

Tries to kill ex-girlfriend.

Then in his letter, he threatens the cops that if they don't keep her alive he'll track down the doctors and kill them.

Make yer mind up ya mup! :blink:

On a lighter note

Met Jamie Mole yesterday,he has muscled up during the summer

I said to him that he was taking a feccin chance ...a blond heided ,muscular guy with a geordie action better not get stopped by the polis

Tasavallan

Ironically, it appears that Moat is being surrounded.

For some reason, I find that very funny. laugh.gif

rossthejambo

Ironically, it appears that Moat is being surrounded.

I know I shouldn't but laugh.giflaugh.gif

Keyboard hardman. I bet you wouldn't say that to his face. :)

Yes I would. I just wouldn't say it if I were wearing a copper's uniform. :whistling:

Incidentally, how stupid are plod looking. They are being completely outwitted by a steroid-crazed, meat-headed ex-bouncer. :thumbsup:

Yes I would. I just wouldn't say it if I were wearing a copper's uniform. :whistling:

Incidentally, how stupid are plod looking. They are being completely outwitted by a steroid-crazed, meat-headed ex-bouncer. :thumbsup:

You go catch him then.

You go catch him then.

I can't. I am on the first flight to London tomorrow morning.

I can't. I am on the first flight to London tomorrow morning.

Drive down the now it will only take you 5mins to get him then you can go onto london.I mean the cops must be standing about drinking tea.How hard is it to find 1man in the countryside it is not like there is anywhere to hide.

Drive down the now

I can't. I'm watching the Vernon Kay show - Tony Christie is coming on - and have had a couple of beers so am unfit to drive.

Has it not occured to the police that 'Moat' got someone to park his car in Rothbury to get them searching in the wrong area?

His tent could have been pitched by anyone too.

I P Knightley

Incidentally, how stupid are plod looking. They are being completely outwitted by a steroid-crazed, meat-headed ex-bouncer. thumbsup.gif

Precisely. Just how difficult can it be to find a survival enthusiast in 50 square kilometres of countryside with varied terrain, buildings and wooded areas? After all, he is both ginger and a giant and can, presumably, be seen from space.

That said, the steroid-crazed, meat-headed ex-bouncer who is outwitting them has vowed to kill a load of policemen and, since the start of the manhunt, his tally is a nice round zero.

Is this just another example of your skewed understanding of 'outwitting', aka 'ripping a new one'?

Snake Plissken

Some 'maniac' this boy is turning out to be.

It's been days and he'll still only have 2 wanted stars.

Poor effort :down:

For some reason, I find that very funny. laugh.gif

Ah come on, it's not even Raoulmoatly funny :ninja:

tommythejambo

Hahaha! Superb!

Captain Lithuania

I'd have six within minutes. :whistling:

Captain Lithuania

whats with the north of england and guns recently. The boy kens he's a dead man so he's just gonna keep going. Hope its all over quick and that he doesnt die and that he is put away for the rest of his life.

Knowing the justice system here he'll be let out for good behaviour..

heartsfc_fan

Apparently the SAS have been called in :whistling: does that not mean 4 or 5 stars now?

Just wait till the army are on to him :thumbsup: maybe he will apply the "cheat" and walk free

tommythejambo

Apparently the SAS have been called in :whistling: does that not mean 4 or 5 stars now?

Just wait till the army are on to him :thumbsup: maybe he will apply the "cheat" and walk free

That's how he's getting all this ammo, weapons cheat.

On a lighter note

Met Jamie Mole yesterday,he has muscled up during the summer

I said to him that he was taking a feccin chance ...a blond heided ,muscular guy with a geordie action better not get stopped by the polis

Wouldn't be a bad thing! :whistling:

Northumbria police have put a 10k price tag on Raoul Moats. If he doesn't get caught by Thursday it goes up to 20k. Making it a Raoul over.

Sheiky Baby

Northumbria police have put a 10k price tag on Raoul Moats. If he doesn't get caught by Thursday it goes up to 20k. Making it a Raoul over.

Beat me to it!!

I was Raouling about the floor laughing when I heard it

Guest C00l K1d

Bit of an unraoulistic price imo.

tommythejambo

C'mon guys, a boy has died here.

He must be Raouling over in his grave at some of these jokes...

RoyCropper

C'mon guys, a boy has died here.

He must be Raouling over in his grave at some of these jokes...

Exactly. Have some respect.

This isnt even raoulmoatly funny.

Sheiky Baby

Exactly. Have some respect.

This isnt even raoulmoatly funny.

Post #28 is calling. He wants his joke back

file19189.jpg

I cant take anything this woman says seriously. Shocking 80s barnet.

Chris Benoit

file19189.jpg

Gets even worse when she starts speaking

file19189.jpg

laugh.gif

I know exactly what you mean. I saw her on the news this morning and thought I'd accidentally tuned in to an episode of that 'Ashes to Ashes' thing and that she'd flounce out of the press room and scoot away in her Quattro. It's a shame, because I don't think I actually took in one word she was saying....

Geoff Kilpatrick

file19189.jpg

Isn't she a character out of The Vicar of Dibley?

marshallschunkychicken

file19189.jpg

THAT'S a woman?

Miller Jambo 60

You go catch him then.

Your the Hound, sniff him out, hows u budthumbsup.gif .

This guy is just pure crazy, hopefully caught soon.

Doug.

Miller Jambo 60

THAT'S a woman?

See the pointed chin, can see someone close by interested in herrolleyes.gif .

Archived