Uruguay vs Ghana

Cade

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disgrace if Uruguay go through.

Penalty goal needs to be introduced.

Spoke of this kind of case in Australia-Ghana thread.

Penalty goal must be introduced

Just David Villa left :thumbsup:

Yep!

Better chance now!

Hopefully Gonzalo can tuck a couple away against the gerries!

Why the ****? do we keep getting told that Ghana is our adopted country?

Mon the Uruguay

Harry Palmer

Still want Uruguay to win to see the pus that French Desailly has. Dick.

In the modern era, the final has certainly been won more often than not by the first side to reach it;

AFAIK, the World Cup final has only been won twice by the first team to reach it - in 1982 and 2006.

(Now back to the match)

The Old Tolbooth

John Collins v Holland at Euro 96. Joe Jordan v Wales in 1978 qualifying. No player in the world would've done anything different to Suarez: now he can't take a pen, misses the semi if Uruguay make it, but his country needed him to do that.

Oh he absolutely did what had to be done mate, no doubt about it. If Uruguay make the final they will get raped silly by the Dutch as almost all of their defence is out injured and now half of their only goal threat is gone too.

The Old Tolbooth

Ha ha ha, cool as you like with that penalty to end it, reminds me of Hibs going out the cup to the Pars :laugh:

Walter Bishop

Ha ha ha, cool as you like with that penalty to end it, reminds me of Hibs going out the cup to the Pars :laugh:

Uruguay will win this now.

?10 on. :thumbsup:

Free Money.

Ghana, my adopted team? No, please be objective when you're on national TV.

Suarez = Heroic save. Who wouldn't do that in the last minute of a WC Q-final, especially after a shocking freekick was awarded that lead to the chance.

imagine if the lino hadn't seen the handball...

Did Suarez actually need to handle it? From one angle it looked like he could have chosen to head it.

A wake in the studio though.

Pete Seeger

Disgrace if Uruguay go through.

Penalty goal needs to be introduced.

This this and this. I hope Holland hammer them

The Real Maroonblood

Yep!

Better chance now!

Hopefully Gonzalo can tuck a couple away against the gerries!

Still bitter about poor englander.

:rolleyes:

ToadKiller Dog

Good result for me as a few quid on e/w for Uruguay making the final , A real brave performance from Ghana sore one for them , but great Drama which again points to why football is the best spectator sport by miles .

Thought Childes a bit hard on the Uruguayan sent of it was more of a reaction than cheating ,thought he could have headed it .

Harry Palmer

Ghana, my adopted team? No, please be objective when you're on national TV.

Suarez = Heroic save. Who wouldn't do that in the last minute of a WC Q-final, especially after a shocking freekick was awarded that lead to the chance.

Couldn't agree more LP. Concede a goal or take a chance on a penalty? No brainer.

French Desailly will be sad....doesn't mean the whole of ITV has to be...

Holland v Spain in the final. :thumbsup:

Daylight robbery, handball on the goal line that prevents a goal should result in a goal being awarded as well as a red card for the perpetrator. Don't they do that in rugby if a blatant foul prevents a try?

But even so Ghana were by far the better team and should have sown it up beforehand. Apart from the excellent Diego Forlan the wrong team is through to the semis.

Oh well, tomorrow afternoon should be a good game, with the chance of an epic punch-up should the Argies lose.

Listen to these Cocks! GTF ITV!

Delighted. smile.gif

It's unbelievable. Quite why the clowns on the BBC and ITV continue to paint themselves into corners, I have no idea. They've decided that the whole world wanted an African team in the semis - for reasons best known to themselves - and now they're seething. Ghana had their chance and they blew it.

Malinga the Swinga

No point in Ghana winging about result. The guy had a free shot at goal from 12 yards and couldn't keep his nerve, therefore tough, you lose and Suarez is hero. Still can't understand how Forlan didn't make it in England as he is a class player.

Sorry, is everyone forgetting that Ghana should never have been given that freekick?

Do me a ******* favour.

dobmisterdobster

Ghana = Andy Murray

They had great chances but blew it.

It's my decision who I support not yours ITV.

Maybe someone who loves football enough not to cheat? Not you obviously.

What is it with ITV becoming the Ghana national broadcasting corporation.

Great game and of course penalties are a lottery but their attempts to portray Uraguay as the bad boys are pathetic -- Andy Townsend super idiot stating one match ban not enough -- flagrant cheating -- no different from bringing a man down in the box or any other foul in the box but oh no they have to try and tar them as somehow a disgrace.

What is it with ITV becoming the Ghana national broadcasting corporation.

Great game and of course penalties are a lottery but their attempts to portray Uraguay as the bad boys are pathetic -- Andy Townsend super idiot stating one match ban not enough -- flagrant cheating -- no different from bringing a man down in the box or any other foul in the box but oh no they have to try and tar them as somehow a disgrace.

Flags at half mast. FFS, this is a joke. When did Ghana become England by proxy?

Not buying into the harsh cheating chat!

What Suarez done was total instinctive.

Prob spent about 0.0000001 seconds thinking about.

:lol:

No chance, almost everyone would have done the same, its just an instinctive reaction. If a hearts player had the opportunity to do it and didn't to let in a goal that cost us a place in the semis of any tournament i'd be raging.

Found myself supporting Uruguay, even in spite of having Ghana in the work sweep, largely because the Chiles and Tyldsley are such wallopers. It's a huge pity Suarez will miss the semi final though. An amazing achievement for Uruguay, a country with a smaller population than Scotland, to have reached the Semi Final in the modern era.

shaun.lawson

This this and this. I hope Holland hammer them

They will lose the semi-final. That's a cert I'd say. Tonight was their final, and they came through because they had balls of steel, and had to take on an entire continent in the process.

Ghana had the chance to win it. They couldn't. If that had been England on the receiving end, everyone on here would be wetting themselves with laughter. A nation of three million people, with two World Cups, 14 Copa Americas and two Olympic titles has just reached another World Cup semi-final; and that's incredible.

Also... Uruguay lost the 2007 Copa America semi against Brazil - a game they were the better side in throughout - on penalties. Uruguay lost the 2004 Copa America semi against Brazil - another marvellous contest - on penalties. And they lost the 2006 World Cup qualifying play-off to Australia... on penalties. Sorry, but they've suffered enough; and Ghana only got through the first round because of a disgraceful refereeing display in Australia-Serbia.

I feel desperately, desperately sorry for Gyan, who's been one of the players of the tournament, and Ghana have been superb. Uruguay will be hated throughout the world as a result of this anyway (curious, given Argentina weren't hated after the Hand of God by anyone except the English); but they'll be partying in Montevideo, and so they should be. Their team never lies down, never gives up, and does not know how to lose.

Oh, and PS. It was never, ever a free kick to begin with.

Have you ever played a competitive sport? I seriously doubt it, if you can't empathise with Suarez.

Maybe have a word with Mensah for elbowing every player he's marked in this tournament, if you feel like getting all high and mighty.

p.s.

photoblog%20Suarez%20festeja%20su%20gol%20frente%20a%20Bolivia.jpg

Owned.

I'm trying very hard, but I can't imagine how it would be to literally be Ghanan right now.

JamboRossi79

What nonsense, every player would react in the same way, it is pure instinct.

There is only one thing going through their head at that precise moment.

Must. Keep. Ball. Out. Of. Net.

End of.

Harry Palmer

Suarez taking one for the team. :thumbsup:

And LP, quite right it wasn't a free kick.

Desailly just GTF! :verymad:

Suarez did the right thing.

He knows he'll get sent off for it but he has to do it to give his team a chance.

It's not cheating - the rules state the punishment and he takes it as per the rules.

If you want to discuss injustice -

Why did Uruguay not get a penalty for Pantsil's trip in the box (might this have been a goal scoring opportunity) ?

What was the Ghanian free kick which led to the red card for? - it didn't look like there was any contact on the player.

Ghana were the home team and got a lot of homer decisions tonight (reminded me of but not as blatent as South Korea in 02)

typical cynical greasy latin slimeballs hope they lose the semi

That is verging on racist Charlie. :angry:

shaun.lawson

Flags at half mast. FFS, this is a joke. When did Ghana become England by proxy?

Uruguay are England by proxy in my flat. I now love everything about the World Cup. England? Who? :thumbsup:

Archived