Uruguay vs Ghana

Cade

The Mighty Thor

Tyldesley keeps banging on about Ghana being the youngest team in the tournament. Is that actual age or Larry Kingston birth certificate age?

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Harry Palmer

Tyldesley's a dick. As the teams were in the tunnel he said something about the rules of the commentator and not showing favouritism....

Well he failed on that a long time ago.....

shaun.lawson

Now's where we find out if Uruguay are still a really major nation, or just one over-achieving at this event. Because in this situation, Brazil, Germany, Italy or Argentina would all find a way through in extra time, no question. I'm not making any predictions, because I thought Ghana looked out on their feet at 90 minutes against the US, yet they scored the winner almost as soon as extra time began.

For tension and end to end football, I think this is awfully close to the best game of the tournament. Only Slovakia-Italy is ahead of it I'd say.

chester copperpot

Now's where we find out if Uruguay are still a really major nation, or just one over-achieving at this event. Because in this situation, Brazil, Germany, Italy or Argentina would all find a way through in extra time, no question. I'm not making any predictions, because I thought Ghana looked out on their feet at 90 minutes against the US, yet they scored the winner almost as soon as extra time began.

For tension and end to end football, I think this is awfully close to the best game of the tournament. Only Slovakia-Italy is ahead of it I'd say.

It doesn't matter, Holland will rape either team in the semi's.

My bet of Wesley Sneijder is also close to coming in. Top goal scorer at the start of the tournament. He should've got the first goal too, making him joint top scorer.

Going into extra-time Tlydsley reminds us that Ghana have failed to score more than one goal in any of their last 7 games......erm, apart from their last one you dick?

My bet of Wesley Sneijder is also close to coming in. Top goal scorer at the start of the tournament. He should've got the first goal too, making him joint top scorer.

totally.....cos I have him in my Dream Team! It was such a feint touch! :D

ArcticJambo

best game was Germany-England, and not just because of the score.

If Essien had been fit, could Ghana have won the whole tournament?

Junior Agogo too :)

shaun.lawson

I think Holland will cruise through the semi too. This really ought to be their year. Uruguay and Ghana are playing out their final tonight IMO.

I think Holland will cruise through the semi too. This really ought to be their year.

In fairness, you've been saying this since day one.

:laugh:

ArcticJambo

'rape' is hardly the word to describe Holland so far (plus its a disgusting word and not to be used cheaply). Holland is more GBH.

ArcticJambo

I swear these producers dont have a clue ... surely they've a camera that shows the angle on that challenge on El Loco.

(plus its a disgusting word and not to be used cheaply).

Agreed, I think it's inappropriate.

Harry Palmer

There'll be a red for Uruguay after that ridiculous decision... :ninja:

shaun.lawson

In fairness, you've been saying this since day one.

:laugh:

And all Dutch people should rejoice that I didn't jinx them by putting any money on them. They'll never have a better chance than now - and I always think the winner of the first semi has a clear advantage, because they get an extra day's rest. In the modern era, the final has certainly been won more often than not by the first side to reach it; as has the third place play-off, come to think of it.

ArcticJambo

Uruguayan just missed Boateng with the left hook. Didnae like his classy dice tatty.

The Old Tolbooth

Bloody hell, talk about taking one for the team there, Suarez cheated but may just have got his country through to the semi final!!

shaun.lawson

I just let out the most bloodcurling yell of

YEEEESSSSSSS

COME ON URUGUAY! YOU CAN DO IT BOYS!

Great news.....Saurez sent off so minus points for dream teams and he'll miss the semi if they go through. things are looking good for Neily :D

If Uruguay go out (or even if they go through) they'll be fuming with the ref and lino.Definite penalty turned down and that was never a free-kick leading up to the hand ball.

I just let out the most bloodcurling yell of

YEEEESSSSSSS

COME ON URUGUAY! YOU CAN DO IT BOYS!

CHEATS

ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT FOR ME!

Gyan scoring that would have risked harming my Higuain bet, and Saurez was also threating the bet.

Gyan misses, Saurez goes.

Superb!

Disgrace if Uruguay go through.

Penalty goal needs to be introduced.

No way - that's the whole point of the red card AND the penalty (which so many people complain about).

shaun.lawson

Bloody hell, talk about taking one for the team there, Suarez cheated but may just have got his country through to the semi final!!

John Collins v Holland at Euro 96. Joe Jordan v Wales in 1978 qualifying. No player in the world would've done anything different to Suarez: now he can't take a pen, misses the semi if Uruguay make it, but his country needed him to do that.

ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT FOR ME!

Gyan scoring that would have risked harming my Higuain bet, and Saurez was also threating the bet.

Gyan misses, Saurez goes.

Superb!

Just David Villa left :thumbsup:

Archived