hot hot mafia return of the lava people

yvonnejambo

yvonnejambo

I do like the idea Boof and do plan to tr and stay up for the election results, but my sensible head reminds me I have a 60 mile drive 1st thing on Friday morning to get to work :( So sleep may be a better option.

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Commander Harris

it is a good idea boof but I'm not sure if I can really commit to definitely staying up.

Rudi Skacel

Well played everyone.

ill build on this first time and hopefully become a decent enough mafia player in the future.

Well played everyone.

ill build on this first time and hopefully become a decent enough mafia player in the future.

it's not hard thumbsup.gif

wait till your a goon, that's where the fun is

thehibsareintheirbeds

Well played everyone.

definitely come back for the next one mate, cant guarantee you wont be lynched again though- sorry for that by the way!

good game yvonne, and very well played to the cop/doc/masons- fantastic performance, and a resounding victory. would be interested to hear the goons reasons for some bizarre night kills.

glad to see i was right about geoff and hound, just a shame i wasnt arounf to stick the boot in!

well up for an election type game, although i think an election night one maybe a bit ambitious!

it's not hard thumbsup.gif

wait till your a goon, that's where the fun is

No its not I hate being a goon :verymad:

Anyway well played everyone though Seats and Martin played very well indeed :thumbsup: Thanks as always to Yvonne for running it.

Love the idea of the mafia election alas like CH I'm not sure how good my staying power will be. Couldn't get the Friday off. MEH. :verymad:

Anyway Ashes to Ashes is on I'm away to retire to the sofa for a bit. Now that's a good idea for a game ;)

so who was what?

seats - cop

Kits - doc

masons?

Nah Martin was the doc, I was a mason with Rosscoe and Jambosfan

Harry Palmer

Evening, well what a surprise? Geoff kills me.. :rolleyes:

I'm assuming:

seats- cop

Martin- doc

kitster- mason.

I had Martin as a mason (Roscoe replied to Martin along the lines 'amen brother') and kitster as townie/good. Think it was the talk about the snow that led me to that conclusion.

I also noticed that Geoff and Pilgrim had voted the same way about 3 days running but nobody else appeared to notice.

Anyway, an enjoyable game and glad I wasn't roled.

Evening, well what a surprise? Geoff kills me.. :rolleyes:

I'm assuming:

seats- cop

Martin- doc

kitster- mason.

I had Martin as a mason (Roscoe replied to Martin along the lines 'amen brother') and kitster as townie/good. Think it was the talk about the snow that led me to that conclusion.

I also noticed that Geoff and Pilgrim had voted the same way about 3 days running but nobody else appeared to notice.

Anyway, an enjoyable game and glad I wasn't roled.

It wasn't intentional JR it was the truth (a convenient hint many didn't get though!) I'm nearly a grand poorer tonight due to the effin snow. Ouch.

Enjoyed being the doc

so who was what?

Kits - doc

With this detective work, I wish Malky had been the cop :laugh:

For some of the night hits I'd like to say we were going for folk who we thought would've been investigated so that would've been a wasted one - I know how dispiriting that can be.

However closer to the truth would be that seats played a thoroughly splendid game - not sure if he even came anywhere near our radar - between his investigations and our less-than-brilliant night time action the townies were having a pretty rough time!!

With this detective work, I wish Malky had been the cop laugh.gif

For some of the night hits I'd like to say we were going for folk who we thought would've been investigated so that would've been a wasted one - I know how dispiriting that can be.

However closer to the truth would be that seats played a thoroughly splendid game - not sure if he even came anywhere near our radar - between his investigations and our less-than-brilliant night time action the townies were having a pretty rough time!!

geek.gif

Chris Benoit

Told you all on day 1 to lynch kitster cos she had a role, think the main stumbling block was no assassin to help kill townies for us

Bloody hate being a goon, good game everybody and cheers Yvonne

Told you all on day 1 to lynch kitster cos she had a role, think the main stumbling block was no assassin to help kill townies for us

Bloody hate being a goon, good game everybody and cheers Yvonne

How did you work that one out?

portobellojambo1

No its not I hate being a goon :verymad:

Anyway well played everyone though Seats and Martin played very well indeed :thumbsup: Thanks as always to Yvonne for running it.

Love the idea of the mafia election alas like CH I'm not sure how good my staying power will be. Couldn't get the Friday off. MEH. :verymad:

Anyway Ashes to Ashes is on I'm away to retire to the sofa for a bit. Now that's a good idea for a game ;)

Is it just me or is it possible to read a double meaning from the above statement (and if it is I don't think the JKB administrators would allow such games to be conducted on JKB, or of they did I don't think they would sticky it). :teehee:

Chris Benoit

How did you work that one out?

there was a post you made on day 1 gave it away I'll go look for it :turned:

Harry Palmer

Looking back, I think Frenchie gave himself away on day 1 as well.....My logic being he replied to my 'convenient' post. Pretty sure he tried something similar in another game as a goon.

If you thought kitster was roled why not kill her?

I tried the 'scattergun' but that went oot the windae with Pishy not posting and being modkilled... :whistling:

Harry Palmer

Is it just me or is it possible to read a double meaning from the above statement (and if it is I don't think the JKB administrators would allow such games to be conducted on JKB, or of they did I don't think they would sticky it). :teehee:

Interesting...... :lol:

Harry Palmer

Looking over day 1 it is pleasing to see that I voted for 3 goons! You see, I'm not all about spam and ridiculous vote changes.. :thumbsup:

King of posts...

Jack Regan 97

yvonnejambo 74

Commander Harris 65

MalkyMcFrench 55

Scott Pilgrim 52

Geoff Kilpatrick 43

seats 41

Martin 41

kitster 32

flux 30

Beverley 27

thehibsareintheirbeds 24

Roscoe1874 24

Hound 24

Boof 23

portobellojambo1 15

jambosean75 14

Barney Stinson 12

Deek 10

milky_26 7

Jambosfan1987 7

Pats Pishy Pants 2 :down:

Commander Harris

Looking over day 1 it is pleasing to see that I voted for 3 goons! You see, I'm not all about spam and ridiculous vote changes.. :thumbsup:

King of posts...

Jack Regan??97

yvonnejambo??74

Commander Harris??65

MalkyMcFrench??55

Scott Pilgrim??52

Geoff Kilpatrick??43

seats??41

Martin??41

kitster??32

flux??30

Beverley??27

thehibsareintheirbeds??24

Roscoe1874??24

Hound??24

Boof??23

portobellojambo1??15

jambosean75??14

Barney Stinson??12

Deek??10

milky_26??7

Jambosfan1987??7

Pats Pishy Pants??2??:down:

that's two games in a row where I've been high up in the charts, ?glad I seem to have my mafia mojo back atm. ? :thumbsup:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Looking back, I think Frenchie gave himself away on day 1 as well.....My logic being he replied to my 'convenient' post. Pretty sure he tried something similar in another game as a goon.

If you thought kitster was roled why not kill her?

I tried the 'scattergun' but that went oot the windae with Pishy not posting and being modkilled... whistling.gif

My bad, I read it as Kits playing her normal townie game.

Mind you, that's why she normally gets lynched! teehee.gif

Well played town, rubbish goon game from all of us. So busy trying to set up a goon sacrifice we all got found out.

Harry Palmer

I have yet to see one of these 95bn page marathons from old that Boof keeps harping on about.

I had one game go to over 20pgs....the one where Geoff moaned (a lot!) but other than that it is usually done and dusted in 15-17pgs.

I might be tempted to form a new game, if Boof helps in a non-playing role. :)

One vote, one party..... :ninja:

Would start Sunday, hopefully finish quickly...3 goons...If you want....

Harry Palmer

Yes, I was aware of that Harris... :rolleyes: (just for you!).

I suppose if deadlines were every 48hrs you would/should expect more posts. However, recent experience suggests even with 24hr deadlines it is not always the case.

Anyway, Geoff wanting me to die an excruciatingly slow death... :down:

we're not all 'studying' JR! *coughs* I'm always a stranger 9-5 and then my darling son and other pish gives me reason not to be a high poster. I don't win whatever I do..post lots..die..post little..die

I played this game by confusion to try and stay alive as long as I could. Wow it worked! One game only of that I'm sure. GK should have listened to Frenchie.

yvonnejambo

Yes, I was aware of that Harris... :rolleyes: (just for you!).

I suppose if deadlines were every 48hrs you would/should expect more posts. However, recent experience suggests even with 24hr deadlines it is not always the case.

Anyway, Geoff wanting me to die an excruciatingly slow death... :down:

Think that was just me after having to do extra lines on spreadsheets for all your voting and unvoting :)

Harry Palmer

we're not all 'studying' JR! *coughs* I'm always a stranger 9-5 and then my darling son and other pish gives me reason not to be a high poster. I don't win whatever I do..post lots..die..post little..die

I played this game by confusion to try and stay alive as long as I could. Wow it worked! One game only of that I'm sure. GK should have listened to Frenchie.

I'm not a 'typical student', I work full-time for no pay, I also have to study. Luckily, I'm able to decide my own shifts as I don't count where I work.

Harry Palmer

[/b]

Think that was just me after having to do extra lines on spreadsheets for all your voting and unvoting :)

Spreadsheets scare me..as I have no idea..my voting was as insightful as my posts. :)

Which is why I use pen and paper. :thumbsup:

Spreadsheets scare me..as I have no idea..my voting was as insightful as my posts. :)

Which is why I use pen and paper. :thumbsup:

I wasn't suggesting you don't do a great job JR...I know you do...but I get a bit fed up of being accused of being quiet when I continually come up with the same reasons..too busy at work ..football Mondays..OT Tuesdays...this week also my hair and conservatory repairs to deal with.

Reading above I don't actually have the time to be a good player do I? It's rubbish you just get my daily crap and think I'm a goon.

It worked for me this game purely as Ross stuck his neck on the line and I didn't. One of us had to stay alive.

Have to say it's been the quietest game for gossip in a long time..we didn't speak much so I apologise to Ross as he really won it over for us :)

well done folks :thumbsup:

well done you!

You were great! After you risked your own ass I couldn't do much..I just knew after a couple of clues I could end up on my own.

Harry Palmer

Roscoe helped, as I've explained. I thought Martin was a mason....

Geoff tried to muddy things by saying his house was cold.....which was why I had him as a townie/good at the same time as kits but I was more convinced by kits. :teehee:

However, when Roscoe was bumped off I was certain Martin was good.

I like being a townie as you can speculate as much as you want and then at the end you can say you were RIGHT! :thumbsup:

Point 1: I have hiccups

Point 12: I am barely awake

Poine 2 : the cop shou dl avoid masons as top priority.

point 4: onlyt yvonne knows how bad I truly was.

Point 5: I am taking the credit for winnign the game. tongue.gif

Harry Palmer

Point 1: I have hiccups

Point 12: I am barely awake

Poine 2 : the cop shou dl avoid masons as top priority.

point 4: onlyt yvonne knows how bad I truly was.

Point 5: I am taking the credit for winnign the game. tongue.gif

I think you're drunk. This suggests that you make an excellent cop.. :thumbsup:

I disagree as I'm sure I voted Geoff when you voted Frenchie. (30days up yet?)

Anyway, poor play from Geoff........slow slow death....well GIRUY Geoff! :thumbsup:

I have yet to see one of these 95bn page marathons from old that Boof keeps harping on about.

I might be tempted to form a new game, if Boof helps in a non-playing role. smile.gif

One vote, one party..... ninja.gif

There was one monster-sized game with six goons and I think they all survived to the end - the townies just kept going for the talkative ones who happened to be other townies. Pretty sure that approached 70 pages.

As for the new game...yeah, go for it. I should be about for the next while.

Morning all. I really wish I would stop posting when peshed, it's just embarrassing.

Thoroughly enjoyed being the cop, although Yvonne will tell you that I was getting quite frustrated at not hitting a goon. However, I did pretty well not to hit a good roled player as well (the masons will note that I avoided investigating Martin cos I was sure he was the doc by that stage). I got pretty lucky as I used BS and all of the players below me were townies!!

This is the first game where I have actually written stuff down to work out what was happening. I think this officially classifies me as a mafia geek blink.gif

Well done to Kits, Roscoe and Martin for great performances (I assume you clocked I was the cop early, did I throw you by skipping sean?) and as always, the lovely Yvonne for modding and putting up with my whinging thumbsup.gif

Morning all. I really wish I would stop posting when peshed, it's just embarrassing.

Thoroughly enjoyed being the cop, although Yvonne will tell you that I was getting quite frustrated at not hitting a goon. However, I did pretty well not to hit a good roled player as well (the masons will note that I avoided investigating Martin cos I was sure he was the doc by that stage). I got pretty lucky as I used BS and all of the players below me were townies!!

This is the first game where I have actually written stuff down to work out what was happening. I think this officially classifies me as a mafia geek blink.gif

Well done to Kits, Roscoe and Martin for great performances (I assume you clocked I was the cop early, did I throw you by skipping sean?) and as always, the lovely Yvonne for modding and putting up with my whinging thumbsup.gif

seats, # 1 good job # 2 did you just keep working down the list for your investigations?

For BS you only go down 1 on the first night to let the masons know who you are and then go for anybody you want thumbsup.gif

seats, # 1 good job # 2 did you just keep working down the list for your investigations?

For BS you only go down 1 on the first night to let the masons know who you are and then go for anybody you want thumbsup.gif

I know - the last time I was a mason there was doubt as to whether bs was used or if it was a random pick. I decided to keep going down the list as there were some shady characters there. Once I got to martin (there were eliminations in between) I had established who I thought the masons were and picked randomly from the rest.

Sheiky Baby

Ye did a bit!!! :lol:

But for some reason I said it on the mason chat that you were the cop. I worked it out pretty early but I was unsure how to let you know we knew :thumbsup:

Chris Benoit

Got to say a lot of folk seem to be taking credit for winning this game when simple fact is the goons were crap :angry:

Think with 1 or 2 better choices of kills it would've been closer, still not sure why Deek was chosen night 2

Got to say a lot of folk seem to be taking credit for winning this game when simple fact is the goons were crap angry.gif

Think with 1 or 2 better choices of kills it would've been closer, still not sure why Deek was chosen night 2

get over it you plum, face it, yer big bro is just a far better goon than you tongue.gif

Geoff Kilpatrick

Got to say a lot of folk seem to be taking credit for winning this game when simple fact is the goons were crap angry.gif

Indeed. My performance was as bad as Mikey Stewart's last week! unsure.gif

Indeed. My performance was as bad as Mikey Stewart's last week! unsure.gif

ironically you rubbishness nearly saved you as I convinced myself you were a townie even though the evidence said otherwise. I sent yvonne a list of roles and you were the only one i got wrong.

Harry Palmer

Afternoon folks, well we're enjoying the warm glow of another derby victory..is that 110 for us? Strange that our victories are following the Rats inability to win the Cup.

Anyway, if Boof is up for helping as I won't be able to fully commit (last week on placement, thankfully my mentor is a jambo :thumbsup: ).

I'm happy to run an Election 2010 game. I'll stick the sign up thingy soon.....Hoping for a quick game with lots of posting etc. :) As most seem to be online in the evening I might make deadlines later....but up to you guys if you want a quick game..

Yeah - I'll help.

Just on the posting front, I guess I'll take this opportunity to have my moan...

When I got lynched or at least put in to the tiebreak on 4 votes, three of my votes came from folk who - effectively - were hardly participating in the game with a grand total of 7 posts amongst them.

No matter what role or otherwise I ended up having, that's not in the spirit of the game, IMO.

Yet I can't see any solution to it - maybe just have to grin and bear it. Or in my case girn and bear it :laugh:

I agree Boofster, no matter my role I try and post as much as I can and help/hinder the town

As the Commander said earlier, being a townie can be the best role as it doesn't matter what you do but some folk don't see that

Does that mean we can take credit for the town win? whistling.gif

Chris Benoit

Does that mean we can take credit for the town win? whistling.gif

That's the angle i was aiming at :lol:

Chris Benoit

In that case, cheers for sabotaging the goon's operation :thumbsup:

they don't call me the goon slayer for nothing :lol:

Archived