Tonight's televised debate

redm

The Mighty Thor

Brown still managing some anger - synthetic or otherwise - but looks clapped out.

Time to go in this (ahem) debate, but no sign of Brown rolling the double-six that he so badly needs.

Edit: this is the debate where he's meant to be "the man".

He's like an old heavyweight swinging wildly while Clegg is diving in landing jabs and ducking away again.

Somehow Cameron comes across as totally disingenuous when talking about being too close to the city/stock exchange.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is it actually possible to rebuild our manufacturing sector to any sort of degree it was in the past?. genuine question, i dont know. I'd be surprised if we could, and would love a politician to admit this. (if true)

Danny Wilde

He's like an old heavyweight swinging wildly while Clegg is diving in landing jabs and ducking away again.

Somehow Cameron comes across as totally disingenuous when talking about being too close to the city/stock exchange.

Brown needs to land the clunking fist on Cameron, maybe he'll start swinging more wildly as the debate goes on...

So far, in a 3-way contest not many punches being landed.

Geoff Kilpatrick

is it actually possible to rebuild our manufacturing sector to any sort of degree it was in the past?. genuine question, i dont know. I'd be surprised if we could, and would love a politician to admit this. (if true)

There's a myth about manufacturing in the UK - it's the 7th biggest manufacturer in the world.

The problem is that the service sector grew massively in comparison, particularly the banks and they are being culled down to size.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Loving Brown's defence of the regional quangos. Can he prove the value of these things because the ones they had in Northern Ireland were worse than useless.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Wind power - good thing!

Who's already got the infrastructure in place? Germany.

Bit late to the table, lads.

There's a myth about manufacturing in the UK - it's the 7th biggest manufacturer in the world.

The problem is that the service sector grew massively in comparison, particularly the banks and they are being culled down to size.

Cheers geoff.

Like a shining light into my cave of darkness.

brown saying the right things on immigration, but seeming desperate. people will ignore the words and see him sweating.

The Mighty Thor

Cameron playing the net immigration card again. The good old Tory europhobe within him is bubbling close to the surface......

Gigolo-Aunt

Camerons forehead is uber shiny on HD.

Where is this debate filmed?

They are makeup to the max tonight.

Mind you, Brown still looks like death on low in the microwave.

Geoff Kilpatrick

"I agree with Dave" from Crash!

Bullshit Bingo - we have the full set!!

Danny Wilde

Personally think Cleggs amnesty proposal is sensible but Cameron and Brown both blowing the same immigration dog-whistle as usual.

clegg doing well, cameron looked very evasive. i quite like his amnesty proposal, not sure how it'll play across the land.

I quite like Clegg actually.

He seems to be the only one talking sense.

Cameron is a tool.

I agree.

The Mighty Thor

Chartered accountant that can't get on the housing ladder. Ba's.

Exactly. She's about as believable as Cameron.

Danny Wilde

Buy a house you can afford you silly bitch.

Probably expecting to step on the housing ladder at 700K or so.

Poor middle classes boo fecking hoo.

Geoff Kilpatrick

The UK needs a land value tax, which would be far more effective than regional agency quangos or the current planning laws.

Of course, none of them are talking about that.

Danny Wilde

Fat unctious bassa banging on about benefit cheats.

Another dog-whistle. In the scheme of things, benefit fraud is small beer.

The Mighty Thor

blah blah blah

I know boys that haven't worked a day since we left school...........in 1984!

Buy a house you can afford you silly bitch.

Chartered accountant that can't get on the housing ladder. Ba's.

This.

Exactly. She's about as believable as Cameron.

Probably expecting to step on the housing ladder at 700K or so.

Poor middle classes boo fecking hoo.

Consensus at last!!!!!!!

Rock on JKB. thumbsup.gif

Danny Wilde

Anyway, not long to go now...

..good to know that the post-election cuts/tax bombshell has been dealt with such honesty and clarity :whistling:

The UK needs a land value tax, which would be far more effective than regional agency quangos or the current planning laws.

Of course, none of them are talking about that.

Get your arse back from Australia and stand next time.

Fat unctious bassa banging on about benefit cheats.

Another dog-whistle. In the scheme of things, benefit fraud is small beer.

This poster is the frontrunner for "best newcomer" come the Kickback Awards in December.

Brown just gone down in my estimation.

Prattling on about social mobility for 5 year olds and creating "middle class" jobs that of course the Proles* are aspiring to!

*that's proles not poles! Cue cynical comment that it is indeed the Poles that are coveting these jobs....

The Mighty Thor

Perhaps it just me and the Albarino kicking in but Cameron seems to have jacked up the smug twatness a degree or two tonight.

Given Mervyn King's comments i hope he wins next week :thumbsup:

Gigolo-Aunt

Gordon Brown should now come out with his big gun line.

"Guys, we have just got the siting room how we liked it - big massive TV for watching the World Cup on"

13 years of economic failure according to Disco Dave. The economy was going like a dream until this recession started. Structural weaknesses there were, but he makes it sound like the economy nosedived when Anthony Charles Lynton got in the first time.

Perhaps it just me and the Albarino kicking in but Cameron seems to have jacked up the smug twatness a degree or two tonight.

Given Mervyn King's comments i hope he wins next week :thumbsup:

Probably familiarity breeding contempt Thor.

Private Hudson

Bit late for the party as was out seeing Iron Man 2. Anyone kind enough to give me the jist so far? Ta!

Danny Wilde

Prattling on about social mobility for 5 year olds and creating "middle class" jobs that of course the Proles* are aspiring to!

*that's proles not poles! Cue cynical comment that it is indeed the Poles that are coveting these jobs....

Thats rather broken my 8yr olds career aim. Wants to be a pizza delivery boy because it means driving a scooter and all the pizza he can eat.

Brown would kill that ambition stone dead :lol:

The term middle-class, as brown uses it, refers to middle income in the american understanding of the word. Fair enough, you'll have your own conception of the word and the system but brown merely means middle income.

Bit late for the party as was out seeing Iron Man 2. Anyone kind enough to give me the jist so far? Ta!

Confusion, intentionally misleading statistics, suggestive anecdotes, resentment, calculation, groping, fake impassioned tone of voice.

Danny Wilde

Fecking hell closing statements.

Now Brown needs to show the Cameron donkey sex picture

Last chance Gordy.

Private Hudson

Confusion, intentionally misleading statistics, suggestive anecdotes, resentment, calculation, groping, fake impassioned tone of voice.

I know what Sky News is like, what about the debate?ninja.gif

Danny Wilde

well that was underwhelming.

A no score draw for me.

Predictably - and wrongly - Cameron will be given the percentage win.

Middle England likes that shiny slippery smoothness of his.

Patrick Bateman

Why does Brown say "Transpayrent" and "Pleecing"? Some strange pronunciation going on there.

Archived