The NHL Playoffs thread

Gershwin

alwaysthereinspirit

Jealous man, have fun. Went to see a Boston band called State Radio in London last night...you a fan? Great band.

I've never heard of them but I'll look them up now. I'm maybe a wee bit to old now to even know local bands around here. Although I do have a soft spot fot Dropkick Murphys. Enjoy the rest of the play-offs.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JamboInSouthsea

Well Vancouver skated all over Chicago last night, can Montreal do the business tonight...that's the game i'll be watching anyway?

alwaysthereinspirit

Well Vancouver skated all over Chicago last night, can Montreal do the business tonight...that's the game i'll be watching anyway?

You should be watching Bruins/Flyers. Nothing better than a possible elimination game.thumbsup.gif

JamboInSouthsea

You should be watching Bruins/Flyers. Nothing better than a possible elimination game.thumbsup.gif

To be fair, I was hoping there might be a 1/2 hr delay between the start times so I could watch both as I did with a couple of games last week.

Good point though, elimination games are always worth watching.

JamboInSouthsea

Bah nodded off only to find Montreal had a cracking 4-3 win over Pingu and his pals - should be somewhat intense on Wed night.

Well done to Philly.

Oh yes, game 7 here we come! Cammalleri's opener last night was a ******* peach.

Bit of a rinsing for the Bruins though...

alwaysthereinspirit

Oh yes, game 7 here we come! Cammalleri's opener last night was a ******* peach.

Bit of a rinsing for the Bruins though...

OMG. That was as bad as it gets. We were never in the game. Flyers goalie got injured and the back up hadn't played since March 16 or something. I still dont know if he has hands as we took no shots.verymad.gif Not a lot of confidence going into Phillie tomorrow.

OMG. That was as bad as it gets. We were never in the game. Flyers goalie got injured and the back up hadn't played since March 16 or something. I still dont know if he has hands as we took no shots.verymad.gif Not a lot of confidence going into Phillie tomorrow.

Yeah but sometimes teams need a kick up the arse - San Jose got it in game 4 against Detroit! I liked the Wideman no stick moment...he's not very popular in Boston, is he?

Oh, and I couldn't help post the MC13 goal...

Let's hope Hal Gill is back on Wednesday to snuff out Crosby on Wednesday night!!!

alwaysthereinspirit

Yeah but sometimes teams need a kick up the arse - San Jose got it in game 4 against Detroit! I liked the Wideman no stick moment...he's not very popular in Boston, is he?

Oh, and I couldn't help post the MC13 goal...

Let's hope Hal Gill is back on Wednesday to snuff out Crosby on Wednesday night!!!

Wideman has been the Bruins fans boo boy all season. Last nights dropped stick incident didn't do him any favours. Should have just rugby tackled the Flyer.

As for Gill. Always liked him as a Bruin but to many Bruins fans thought he was a pansy because he wouldn't use his size to run over people. That wasn't his game.

Bruins/ Canadiens would be an amazing ending to a season were for a while it looked like non of the two would make the play-offs, especially the Bruins. Guess we should get past the Flyers and Penguins first though.

Wideman has been the Bruins fans boo boy all season. Last nights dropped stick incident didn't do him any favours. Should have just rugby tackled the Flyer.

As for Gill. Always liked him as a Bruin but to many Bruins fans thought he was a pansy because he wouldn't use his size to run over people. That wasn't his game.

Bruins/ Canadiens would be an amazing ending to a season were for a while it looked like non of the two would make the play-offs, especially the Bruins. Guess we should get past the Flyers and Penguins first though.

So he's the Bostonian Michael Stewart?

I've always had a soft spot for Boston myself, so I hope they make it through - I've actually got an old Glen Murray jersey in my collection!

JamboInSouthsea

Gonna be a late on tonight with Blackhawks at Canucks, anyone staying up to watch it, should be a cracker?

alwaysthereinspirit

A big win last night and two huge games tonight and no posts. Come on guys you're slacking.

Personally I'll be bumming if the Bruins go to 7 and one of either the Penguins/Canadiens get a few days extra rest.

Come on Bruins. Wake the **** up.

A big win last night and two huge games tonight and no posts. Come on guys you're slacking.

Personally I'll be bumming if the Bruins go to 7 and one of either the Penguins/Canadiens get a few days extra rest.

Come on Bruins. Wake the **** up.

Apologies, I've had a pretty busy day today - part of which involved reviewing a casting tape of Andy Driver's bird :thumbsup: Plus I don't really give a **** about the Western Conference.

Really looking forward to the Habs game tonight...just arranging to gatecrash my mate's house for the game. I hope his wife doesn't mind! I wouldn't be fussed if we both won tonight and got the conference final started on Friday night! Plus I wouldn't want you to have to turn to bumming :whistling: .

alwaysthereinspirit

Apologies, I've had a pretty busy day today - part of which involved reviewing a casting tape of Andy Driver's bird thumbsup.gif Plus I don't really give a **** about the Western Conference.

Really looking forward to the Habs game tonight...just arranging to gatecrash my mate's house for the game. I hope his wife doesn't mind! I wouldn't be fussed if we both won tonight and got the conference final started on Friday night! Plus I wouldn't want you to have to turn to bumming whistling.gif .

As soon as I hit "add reply" I inwardly cringed at my choice of word. Bull$#!t would have sufficed and been way more machoesque.

Sorry to hear you had to do a casting tape of Andy Drivers hot girlfriend. Must suck being you.whistling.gif

Enjoy the game. Bruins/Montreal would be a nice double. Only good thing about tonights Bruins game is the fact I know they cant be as bad as Monday.down.gifyucky.gif

what a start for Montreal. 1-0 already after Crosby takes a penalty after 10 seconds. Montreal on another powerplay immediately after scoring.

JamboInSouthsea

Just switched on - would not have guessed 2-0 so far, wide awake for 2nd period.

JamboInSouthsea

Unbelievable, was expecting a close game...wouldn't say no to more for Montreal though.

JamboInSouthsea

This is like last nights game, scoring when a man down secs after previous...brilliant.

other game just starting on ESPN, think I may switch over although Montreal are playing so well I'm tempted to stick with that.

JamboInSouthsea

Yeah I'm watching on the internet so may watch both...in fact, I shall cos I can,

4-1. pens get a goal back. Too big a mountain though? Montreal looked a bit tired on that shift.

JamboInSouthsea

Now Penguins score - game on slowing down too much with both games

JamboInSouthsea

Do you think change of keeper for Penguins will help?

JamboInSouthsea

Flyers game proving to jerky unfortunately plus can't switch sound off on it so getting both commentaries.

huge powerplay here. If Montreal can hold out I think they'll see out the period and I can't see them shipping 3 goals in the 3rd.

JamboInSouthsea

Impetus with the Penguins now but not much time left in this period - 3rd should be good and crowd going nuts.

yeah, great game and the atmosphere is electric. Pens on the powerplay to start the 3rd too. Montreal are hanging on at times.

I just hope that game doesn't go to overtime......i'll be on about 4hrs sleep as it is :D

JamboInSouthsea

Yeah Montreal making too many mistakes at present but got time now to recover so will see what happens - they did score against the powerplay earlier.

To be fair my body clock is all over the shop at the mo. with watching so many games, been having afternoon kips so I can see the games. Will no doubt watch 3rd period of other game after this although it may go to extra time so I expect to see daylight before I crash out.

another powerplay coming for the Pens.

hope the Flyers win the other game so we go into a game 7 on Friday. Be nice to have something to watch in the small hours on Saturday :)

JamboInSouthsea

P'burgh all over Montreal at the mo, totally different team.

JamboInSouthsea

Yeah he's certainly saving Montreal at the mo. that was a good powerplay kill.

Have you spotted the bloke in the crowd with a hat in the shape of a puck? Has the caption on in "PUCK HEAD". Quality.

5-2! Surely all over now!

Flicked over to the other game, Bruins putting on some serious pressure on the Flyers, still 1-0

alwaysthereinspirit

Bruins looking a little bit better but still no clear scoring chance. Still one down. 10 mins left in the second.

Archived