The NHL Playoffs thread

Gershwin

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

St Louis :o . That would be like supporting Falkirk. Brett Hull was good though.

They had a great team about 10 years ago though - Pierre, Demitra, Doug Weight, Tkachuk and Pronger. They are completely gash now though.

Konrad von Carstein

Can't believe this has not been stickied when you consider some of the pish that gets that "honour". come on mods the Stanley Cup is into the second round of playoffs and there are quite a few KBrs interseted in hockey, sticky it , FFS it will only be for afew more weeks. :angry:

watching Montreal @ Pittsburgh just now. I Love ESPN America :)

will watch Detroit v San Jose later. I love Holiday Mondays :)

Pittsburgh just score after a blistering start

Habs somehow leading. That goal from Cammelleri was amazing!

Habs somehow leading. That goal from Cammelleri was amazing!

they are giving away so many penalties yet somehow still clinging on. Great game.

well Sharks take a 2-0 series lead after coming from 3-2 down to win 4-3. Pah. Detroit caused their own problems by having about 10 penalties during the game (though some dodgy decisions) and even right at the end they took another penalty which allowed the Sharks to kill time.

Good game though.

Savard back for the Bruins has to be good even if only on the power play.

I'll be at game 5 if played. whistling.gif

Are you secretly hoping for a Philly win in the next game now?

JamboInSouthsea

Once again I am knackered after watching both games last night which were very entertaining.

Looking forward to tonight's games although not sure yet which one. Might get lucky and see most of both as there's a half hour difference in start times so with length or periods plus gap between them it might be possible.

Wonder when I can fit some kip in.

Once again I am knackered after watching both games last night which were very entertaining.

Looking forward to tonight's games although not sure yet which one. Might get lucky and see most of both as there's a half hour difference in start times so with length or periods plus gap between them it might be possible.

Wonder when I can fit some kip in.

Detroit vs San Jose probably has a higher chance of being a better game but I'd watch the start of the Habs game and see how things are going - the game on Sunday afternoon wasn't the greatest to be honest as Montreal are having to play quite defensively to cope with Pittsburgh's offence.

JamboInSouthsea

Detroit vs San Jose probably has a higher chance of being a better game but I'd watch the start of the Habs game and see how things are going - the game on Sunday afternoon wasn't the greatest to be honest as Montreal are having to play quite defensively to cope with Pittsburgh's offence.

True tho' Montreal's defense is quite outstanding imo and with Halak too it's makes it difficult for attackers...Washington had best season offense and didn't win through. Almost worth it to see how many they can keep out rather than score themselves.

I think there's a bit more of a grudge between Detroit and San Jose as well which ups the entertainment level.

Ah well, only 10 hrs to wait...

alwaysthereinspirit

Are you secretly hoping for a Philly win in the next game now?

If we split in Philadelphia then Monday night will be an elinination game. I can handle that.

Flyers were probably the better team last night and will come out hitting anything that moves on Wednesday.

Bruins have looked pretty comfortable though in these play offs.

those fecking Red Wings!!!! I got to bed with about 17mins left to play and they are cruising 3-1, San Jose had done nothing in the game whatsoever......wake up to find out the Sharks win the game 4-3 after OT. Now 3-0 lead in the series. Argh!!!!!

great start to the Flyers/Bruins game. Flyers take the lead only for Bruins to hit back with two and we're still early in the 1st period.

great start to the Flyers/Bruins game. Flyers take the lead only for Bruins to hit back with two and we're still early in the 1st period.

I think it's bye bye Flyers. Can't really see them recovering from this...

alwaysthereinspirit

I think it's bye bye Flyers. Can't really see them recovering from this...

Bruins need to end this as quick as possible. The players are dropping like flys. Krejci and McQuaid injured last night. We need Stewart to get back as quick as possible now.

Bruins need to end this as quick as possible. The players are dropping like flys. Krejci and McQuaid injured last night. We need Stewart to get back as quick as possible now.

Was Krejci the one who got creamed in the lead up to one of the goals?

Watched the Canucks Blackhawks game. As stated at the start of this thread Canucks would need Luongo to excel, he hasn't, last night looked like a long trail of Canucks goalies, make the spectacular saves, and then let out rebounds and not recover. Canucks defence are mobile but really are too lightweight for the playoffs. The Sedins prolific scorers, but Hawks playing them out wide so they are ineffectual, this is most obvious in power plays. They kill the penalty for the opposition by tippy tapping out on the wings with no one in front of the goal, why do I have to follow two teams that constantly raise my hopes get me excited and let me down, what have I done to deserve this, please God I am really a nice person I have been punished enough. :down:

O.K God I do appreciate at least you didn't make me a Hibbie. :)

alwaysthereinspirit

Was Krejci the one who got creamed in the lead up to one of the goals?

Hit in the lead up to the second goal. Clean hit but he might be done for the rest of the play-offs. Bruins not saying much right now.

Detroit 4-0 up and still in the 1st period tonight. Wow.

Pens 2-1 up in the other game

Detroit thrash Sharks 7-1 with Frantzen playing superbly and gaining 6 points. What a difference a lack of dodgy penalty calls make! At least a series whitewash was avoided.

Montreal win 3-2 after a third period recovery. 2-2 series and all to play for.

Detroit thrash Sharks 7-1 with Frantzen playing superbly and gaining 6 points. What a difference a lack of dodgy penalty calls make! At least a series whitewash was avoided.

Montreal win 3-2 after a third period recovery. 2-2 series and all to play for.

Oh yes. Massive win last night. Difficult to say where this series is going. Feels like there's at least 1 Crosby-inspired win to come but the Habs are shutting him down so well at the moment.

I can also see that humping actually helping San Jose refocus for the rest of the playoffs. Still can't see past them making the finals.

alwaysthereinspirit

Bruins could really do with getting the sweep tonight. With the Pens and the Habs at least going 6 games a nice long rest for the Bruins would be helpful.

Lets go Bruins.

unreal. Flyers 4-3 up and the Bruins equalise with 31 seconds remaining. Going into overtime.

Flyers win 5-4

Chicago 2-1 up in the 1st period in the other game. Bed for me though.

2-2 at end of first period. Chicago start second period with a power play. Not a bad game but my confidence is starting to ebb a bit.

Konrad von Carstein

'kin hell BTTT why this thread hasn't been stickied is a mystery to me...

Go Hawks....looking good now....my previous misgivings have come to nought (I hope)...one win required....THEN it's ON...

JamboInSouthsea

Got a belly full of chilli (with more in the pot) and my feet up ready for the Montreal v Pittsburgh game.

No predictions for this game apart from it should be a cracker with the series currently tied.

I somewhat overslept today so shall be up for Detroit v San Jose as well...no doubt followed by another lie-in.

JamboInSouthsea

Allez les Habs!!

I'd go with that although P'burgh on top at the mo.

JamboInSouthsea

Damned website, atdhe.net, has flashing advert on the go this evening, have had to open application to cover it over

JamboInSouthsea

Powerplay goal, gotta watch being a man down in playoffs...which is why you get fewer scraps. Montreal were getting back into game more as well at that point.

JamboInSouthsea

Goddamn, Pingu and his cohorts score again.

can't see Montreal coming back in this game. Gonna be a late night for me as staying up for the Red Wings.

Konrad von Carstein

Goddamn, Pingu and his cohorts score again.

have to admit I'm toiling to stay awake here, will be heading off to Bedfordshire shortly, suffice to say I have an irrational dislike for the Penguins...dunno why....hopefully Les Habs get in the groove and I can read about a comeback victory with my eggs an toast in the mornin <_<

JamboInSouthsea

Yep P'burgh definitely looking a lot stronger tonight and Montreal need to shift up a couple of gears as they're attacking has been a bit lacking...he rhymes.

Up for the duration tonight and will be watching next game too.

Konrad von Carstein

Well enjoy my man....am off....don't want to wake up at 4am on the couch with my laptop erse for tit on the laminate... :ninja:

JamboInSouthsea

Well enjoy my man....am off....don't want to wake up at 4am on the couch with my laptop erse for tit on the laminate... :ninja:

Ah well, have a good kip.

JamboInSouthsea

can't see Montreal coming back in this game. Gonna be a late night for me as staying up for the Red Wings.

Crunch time for Detroit tonight, they have to win.

JamboInSouthsea

Goal for Montreal with 29 secs to go not quite enough.

Right, next game.

JamboInSouthsea

Hope it's not wasted as 1st goalless period of playoffs in the first.

JamboInSouthsea

Hope it's not wasted as 1st goalless period of playoffs in the first.

Me and my big gob, goal to Red Wings.

alwaysthereinspirit

5 1/2 hours till they drop the puck at the Garden. I'm outta here in 3 hours. Cant wait, the place will be rocking. thumbsup.gif

Hopefully I'm not on here tomorrow eating a big slice of humble pie.yucky.gif

5 1/2 hours till they drop the puck at the Garden. I'm outta here in 3 hours. Cant wait, the place will be rocking. thumbsup.gif

Hopefully I'm not on here tomorrow eating a big slice of humble pie.yucky.gif

Jealous man, have fun. Went to see a Boston band called State Radio in London last night...you a fan? Great band.

Archived