"DAVIS GATE"

Walter Bishop

I remember watching that in Dingwall.

I hate how sick you feel when the incompetence of the officials let you down. If we get beat by a team that's better than us I feel bad, nowhere near as bad as I do when we get robbed.

The worst incidence of cheating from an official in Scottish sporting history.

Absolutely shameful.

You can just see the look in Davis eyes that he knows what he's doing and he knows how wrong it is.

jamboinglasgow

When I saw Davis pop up in that video I felt like yelling obscenities at him. A disgrace to Scottish football, robbed by a biased linesman.

The thing is you can get annoyed at refs for getting decisions wrong, but in this case there wasn't even a decision to be made to get wrong. He just completely fabricated a penalty out of thin air.

I still get angry even after all this time.

jamboinglasgow

You have to feel sorry for Miko. He comes to a new country, in a game the linesman suddenly a awards a non-existant penalty in a match you managed to do so well in. He goes mad and sadly rightly gets sent off, on the way off you get a second red card. The SFA then bans you for 7 games. The following year the captain of Celtic does the exact same thing as you and shoves a ref, he gets a reduced sentence of 3 games, where is the justice?

The People's Chimp

Absolutely shameful.

You can just see the look in Davis eyes that he knows what he's doing and he knows how wrong it is.

Even now, it is enough to make the rage swell up inside. The only saving grace (on a personal level) was that I wasn't there and was out the country. I remember my dad and brother phoning me up in howls of outrage, they simply couldn't believe what had happened, the injustice of it all, and how, yet again, one of the old firm, with refereeing assistance, was stitching us up.

Even as a young kid I remember being at Ibrox and feeling the injustice after every single 50/50 went their way, thinking "what's the point? It's so unfair.." - at 8 years old you can still be remarkably perceptive...although even a blind man could see that Andy Davis is dead behind those cheating eyes.

Thank God for Youtube ; now Dallas will never be allowed to forget about this disgrace (at least not on this board). He has a great view of the 'incident' and awards a goal kick and runs up the pitch for the restart. And then Brother Davies sticks his oar in.

I particularly like the way Davis loses the plot and pulls the steward out of the way to have a go at Miko. This type of behaviour must have served him well in his dealings with the public when plodding the beat around Govan.

Buffalo Bill

I was only feet away from it all.

And it was without doubt an act of cheating from the Govan linesman.

SFAWWW

Can anyone remember if Dado Prso got an extended ban for lifting his hands to Craig Gordon?

EDIT* Also note Prso didnt get a straight Red just a second yellow - surely lifting your hands is an immediate red card.

Guest CRASH AND BURN

Thank God for Youtube ; now Dallas will never be allowed to forget about this disgrace (at least not on this board). He has a great view of the 'incident' and awards a goal kick and runs up the pitch for the restart. And then Brother Davies sticks his oar in.

I particularly like the way Davis loses the plot and pulls the steward out of the way to have a go at Miko. This type of behaviour must have served him well in his dealings with the public when plodding the beat around Govan.

Exactly what i was thinking Hearts should get giant screens installed at every corner just for playing that shameful moment in scottish sporting history at every home game for the rest of time . Sickens me every time i see it .

jamboinglasgow

I had a good friend at that match who is a Rangers fan, he was sitting in the Gorgie stand with another friend who is a Hearts fan (it was the only way he could get a ticket to the game.) He says it is one of the craziest atmospheres he has ever experienced after the incident and he has been to numerous old firm games.

My memory from that game is of the penalty we didn't get. Kyraikos took someone waste high with a Karate kick and the ball was miles away.

Anyone have the footage from this infamous night at Tynecastle when Andy Davis spotted the imaginary hand pushing Kyriagkos in the back?

Want to post it on this facebook page.....Scottish referee's are a disgrace.

After the dust had settled, and looking back, I wish Burchill never equalised. We pwould have played very well, got beat and that's that.

The consequences of that game continues to ruin Scottish football.

The Treasurer

Can anyone remember if Dado Prso got an extended ban for lifting his hands to Craig Gordon?

EDIT* Also note Prso didnt get a straight Red just a second yellow - surely lifting your hands is an immediate red card.

And also why was he not further punished for dissent (applauding the ref) after he was sent off.

I hadn't watched this incident for a while and due to the media hysteria I had it in my head that Miko had banjoed davis but looking at it here he hardly made contact. Wrong and deserves a red card of course but nowhere near the outright assault that the media made it out to be.

That was the day, the hour that other clubs, also sick of the ridiculously biased officiating in this country could have taken a stand. But no, instead they all chose to berate Hearts, our dirty 'Lithuanians' (seems OK for the old firm to play teams without one Scot in them), our 'madcap' owner.

This was as glaringly obvious a dodgy decision as you could get, and the whole thing could have led to major changes in our game. But, as it was just upstarts Hearts, the SFA et al took it as an early opportunity to put the boot into a regime they feared, correctly for a while, would challenge and threaten their beloved old firm.

Hence if anyone from another club complains about decisions, frankly they have only themselves to blame for protecting the status quo.

Absolutely shameful.

Exactly, wosrse act of cheating ever. :angry:

Davis cheated pure & simple & as like others my blood still boils over that.

Also for the op . you need to get a film of the "INFAMOUS ZALIUKAS HEADBUTT" from the mutton molesters game.

I had invited a friend of mine, who's from Dublin, to his first Hearts match and what a spectacle for his introduction to Scottish football.

We were immediately behind the VIP seats in the Main Stand and my dad was close to banjoing Andy Cameron.

That was the day, the hour that other clubs, also sick of the ridiculously biased officiating in this country could have taken a stand. But no, instead they all chose to berate Hearts, our dirty 'Lithuanians' (seems OK for the old firm to play teams without one Scot in them), our 'madcap' owner.

This was as glaringly obvious a dodgy decision as you could get, and the whole thing could have led to major changes in our game. But, as it was just upstarts Hearts, the SFA et al took it as an early opportunity to put the boot into a regime they feared, correctly for a while, would challenge and threaten their beloved old firm.

Hence if anyone from another club complains about decisions, frankly they have only themselves to blame for protecting the status quo.

This is why we need to stand alone against the old firm and keep battling away against them. The one good thing about Romanov is he hates them. Would hate to follow a club like Motherwell who are continually crawling up the old firms arse

rossthejambo

I had a good friend at that match who is a Rangers fan, he was sitting in the Gorgie stand with another friend who is a Hearts fan (it was the only way he could get a ticket to the game.) He says it is one of the craziest atmospheres he has ever experienced after the incident and he has been to numerous old firm games.

I have to admit its the most angry I have possibly ever been in my entire life. The injustice of it all was just ridiculous and you could really feel in the stands that everyone felt the same way. verymad.gif

Still to this day I'm shocked that Andy Davis and Dallas didn't end up getting battered by the fans in section N.

It was the day that proved that refs and (Scottish football in general) in this country are well and truly rotten to the core

heartsfc_fan

Oh FFS!! I forgot how bad that decision was!

I was actually in the gorgie stand at the time, and I remember seeing at and thinking...WTF?! Possibly the most pee'd off EVER I have been. The Fyssas incident 2nd to that.

3,500 rangers fans in the stand behind with the best view in the house and I barely see any (if anything I think they are shouting for a corner!) protests for a penalty.

The abuse that Miko took in his time here was rediculous.

For that action alone he deserved full on cult status, he might have been infuriating to watch, but that boy cared about Hearts the whole time he was here.

Miller Jambo 60

Well done Miko though for getting them told, cheating low lifes

Aye good shout from Miko.

Miko was out of this world brilliant up until this game, scottish defenders just couldnt live with his pace and trickery. He was on his way to hero status. Then these ***** done what they do, provoking that reaction.

I was N2 Upper that night, couldnt believe it, as I thought he had given a corner and I was ragin at the cheatin ******* for this, then it tunrs out he is giving a penalty. A bigger disgrace Ive yet to see, but for defo these clowns do try to out do it.

Remnants of Standards

Never felt more disilussioned with the state of scottish football and refereeing than that night.

It says everything when the Rangers fans, in the last minute of a vitally important game, didn't even shout for it out of desperation.

I'll bet Herr Davis never has to buy another drink in Govan ever again.

FWIW what is he up to now? Back on the beat..or doing the hospitality rounds in the Ibrox upper decks?

Francis Albert

So inflamed was I (and remain) by the penalty decision I had actually forgotten about Prso's assualt on Gordon. I wonder if it subconsciously at least made it easier for Dallas to go along with Davis. After all, he might have thought, I've just red-carded a Rangers player so I can't be accused of bias.

In nearly 50 years I've never seen a crowd so angry as those in the main stand (which of the Hearts support had the best view) that day.

Spot on.

It's why I had no sympathy for Dundee United whatsoever when McCurry handed the game to Rangers on a plate two seasons ago.

They had their chance to make a difference with us and they, along with everyone else, shat themselves.

King of the North

Too true. You have to remember though the media witchhunt against hearts afterwards from the likes of Chick Young. We were demonised for calling for an investigation. Sadly the other clubs lacked the cojones to make a stand.

It is and was us and us alone who have the balls to take it to the OF and the SFA. Although Dundee Utd made some admirable posturing when Levein and Eddie thompson were there.

Incidentally, anyone got any news on how Celtic's current disrepute charge is coming along?

The game, the media and the refs in this country are rotten - that night proved it better than any other.

jamboinglasgow

Davis cheated pure & simple & as like others my blood still boils over that.

Also for the op . you need to get a film of the "INFAMOUS ZALIUKAS HEADBUTT" from the mutton molesters game.

The Davis incident showed the terrible bias that refs had, the Zaliukas "headbutt" showed how petty and childish the refs are (and how stupid the appeal system is.)

And to think, Gordhun Smith keeps going at other countries for not penalising incidents of diving against Scotland and Scottish teams (despite Scots and Scottish teams doing it without much criticism) and personally carrying out a witch hunt against a young foreign lad who did something stupid but something a Scottish player did earlier in the match. He should get his own house in order before he dares call other countries to account.

rossthejambo

I ******* hate kyriakos as well, dirty greek *****.

This.

Sickens me that he managed to (somehow) get signed for Liverpool, although I can think of no other team that would suit the cheating bassa better down.gif

First time I have seen that since being at the game. Bloody bloody angry.

That **** Davis will probably never run the line at Tynie again sadly.

This.

Sickens me that he managed to (somehow) get signed for Liverpool, although I can think of no other team that would suit the cheating bassa better down.gif

Ive seen a bit of the games he's played in for Liverpool and he's still the same, cheating his way through games.

Agree that him and Liverpool deserve each other. Rafa's continually baffling signings, he must be the shightiest.

sandylejambo

lets not forget that davis gave an interview with the herald and said "it was a shirt pull that the camera's never picked up" that was after the ref telling John Robertson that the linesman said "it was a two handed push" now does anybody see the contradiction here? he's a cheat and the GFA gave him the cup final as a reward that season.

lets not forget that davis gave an interview with the herald and said "it was a shirt pull that the camera's never picked up" that was after the ref telling John Robertson that the linesman said "it was a two handed push" now does anybody see the contradiction here? he's a cheat and the GFA gave him the cup final as a reward that season.

Yeah yeah yeah, all good.

Get on the other thread and tell us about your bike!

givememychoice

When you compare what Ballack did to the referee in the barcelona game. What was his punishment? And miko's for an instant reaction not chasing somebody running away. In my mind, both are wrong, but Ballack's was worse.

Also, we have been paying for it ever since. Up until davisgate, we had only once had a season in the spl where we had more than our fair share of red cards (as a ratio). Since that game we have failed to not pick up more than our fair share.

Jaysus, just watching that clip just gives me the boak. The absolute and utter feckers. FTOF!

:angry:

JHunter1874

you can clearly see the big greaser trying a maradona and missing the ball with his hand which caused him to fall out the sky sideways.

still seething after all this time. :angry:

This is the one your looking for mate, it still makes my feckin blood boil!!

I was in quite a good mood until that!

Bobby_swing_the_bar

Honestly thought there was going to be a riot that night, never felt such rage coming from a crowd (until Celtic New Year game in 2006).

Auld Reekin'

Sorry to do this (and also about the horrible hunnish hogwash in the comments section), but I was equally enraged with this - the telly very nearly went out of the window and it's just as well I didn't own a cat...

Durie's diving and antics got Bruno and Weir (ironically enough as it turned out...) sent off, then we had the lip-reading, hallucinating, linesman to thank for Pointon's and Ritchie's reds. To top it all, there was the ever-so-impartial commentary from whichever rent-a-hun the BBC wheeled out for this one. Still makes my blood boil to watch it today...

Wife just told me to calm down after watching this about 5 minutes ago.First time I've seen it since it happend still gets me really angry,corrupt little scrot.

Sorry to do this (and also about the horrible hunnish hogwash in the comments section), but I was equally enraged with this - the telly very nearly went out of the window and it's just as well I didn't own a cat...

Durie's diving and antics got Bruno and Weir (ironically enough as it turned out...) sent off, then we had the lip-reading, hallucinating, linesman to thank for Pointon's and Ritchie's reds. To top it all, there was the ever-so-impartial commentary from whichever rent-a-hun the BBC wheeled out for this one. Still makes my blood boil to watch it today...

What did Ritchie do? And Weir?

Tommy Wiseau

It's a sad state of affairs when even the opposition fans are booing the officials for the decisions they're giving in favour of their own team.

Auld Reekin'

I'd love to be able to ask the referee and nearside linesman those questions and a few more besides... waiting.giftorture.gifhang.gif

Archived