"DAVIS GATE"

Walter Bishop

Stupid Sexy Flanders

What we have to remember here is that these decisions don't prove the refs are biased towards the Old Firm, they prove the refs are biased against Celtic. ;)

I mean, those two shoddy penalties the Huns got against Dundee Utd last week didn't really affect the Arabs at all, they were just all part of the ongoing conspiracy against the Jungle Jims!

(Or so they would have you believe. I hate Old Firm fans.)

lets not forget that davis gave an interview with the herald and said "it was a shirt pull that the camera's never picked up" that was after the ref telling John Robertson that the linesman said "it was a two handed push" now does anybody see the contradiction here? he's a cheat and the GFA gave him the cup final as a reward that season.

Are there any posters on JKB that have the skill to lip read? I would be very interested to know exactly what brother Davis is saying to brother Dallas in their exchange on the touch line

What did Ritchie do? And Weir?

Ritchie said something along the lines of "give us an effin break, ya c*&t" More in exasperation than malice.

Weir, well he was said to have elbowed Durie wasn't he. he didn't, but that doesn't matter. the fact that Duerie got up and put his head into him didn't matter either. Pointon off for kicking a post!!

Bruno maybe hard to argue if for persistent fouling but he commited less fouls than Gough that day and i don't think Gough was even booked. The foul he received his second yellow for was nothing like it though. The highlights are edited to make it look like Bruno done nothing but kick but dont show one foul by Gough.

jamboinglasgow

It's a sad state of affairs when even the opposition fans are booing the officials for the decisions they're giving in favour of their own team.

Yeah that is true, and Richard Gough trying to ask the ref and linesman what the red card is for. To be fair, the Rangers players were quite fair there to Hearts and as puzzled and as annoyed as anyone why the red cards were given (except for Durie who was just a cheat that day who got two Hearts players sent-off. The Weir one was awful, huge dive pretending to be elbowed.) Any coincidence that all three officals had moustaches, hmmmm and the ref came from Bishopbriggs, just outside Glasgow.

jambos are go!

IIRC Miller only comment on the incident was " you get say with it 9 times out of 10" At the time I asked fans sitting in the Wing Stand behind the linesman to comment on JKB. Still waiting for a reply.

Francis Albert

To top it all, there was the ever-so-impartial commentary from whichever rent-a-hun the BBC wheeled out for this one.

The BBC commentator must have been the only person in the ground not to recognise that it was the referee and linesman, rather than Hearts, who had by the end completely lost the plot. Even the Rangers players, fans and manager obviously did.

The BBC commentator must have been the only person in the ground not to recognise that it was the referee and linesman, rather than Hearts, who had by the end completely lost the plot. Even the Rangers players, fans and manager obviously did.

Jock Broon. 'nuff said

First time I have seen that since being at the game. Bloody bloody angry.

That **** Davis will probably never run the line at Tynie again sadly.

Oh, I'd love to see that happen. He wouldn't have the bottle though.

Utter filth, just like the team he supports.

Denny Crane

Ritchie said something along the lines of "give us an effin break, ya c*&t" More in exasperation than malice.

Weir, well he was said to have elbowed Durie wasn't he. he didn't, but that doesn't matter. the fact that Duerie got up and put his head into him didn't matter either. Pointon off for kicking a post!!

Bruno maybe hard to argue if for persistent fouling but he commited less fouls than Gough that day and i don't think Gough was even booked. The foul he received his second yellow for was nothing like it though. The highlights are edited to make it look like Bruno done nothing but kick but dont show one foul by Gough.

If I remember rightly, Bruno's first booking came for a foul committed by Gary McKay!!

I have been watching Hearts since 1964 and in all of those years the DavisGate situation is the worst case of bias I have ever seen - though possibly last year's two penalty decisions being overturned by the same linesman is pretty much up there.

Denny Crane

Anyone got the infamous Andy Thorn/Celtic cup-tie?

Never have i been so enraged at the football as i was that night

i remember thinking there is a very real chance of a riot here and whats more i'm up for it.

Definetly the biggest most obvious bit of cheating that has ever went on.

i remember thinking there is a very real chance of a riot here and whats more i'm up for it.

What angered me most about it is how much it affected Celtic. I remember at the time seething at the fact that Celtic had been cheated by the SFA yet again

Same with the Ibrox 4 game when the SFA acted entirely to test our resolve and make sure we would be up for the midweek against Celtic. Has to be said, we played straight into their hands and it was the Hoops who were yet again penalised by the SFA

Dalstonjambo

I remember being up for this game (was the school holidays down here). I was so angry at the time that if I hadn't been with my dad at the game I probably would have been on the pitch.

I agree - if there had been a riot that day I would have been at the front I was so incensed.

Agree with the other posters that until I watched this again I had a completely different picture of what Miko had done, just shows you how the media can change things, he barely touched him. With regards to miko, he was unreal until that game, and the SFA hung him out to dry.

Whenever any english friend thinks I am biased and say that 'Rangers and celtic i'm sure don't get that much from the refs, no more than any big teams down here' I show them this. Shows once and for all that our game is corrupt.

Even now if I saw Davis in the street I wouldn't be sorry for my actions

John Findlay

As much as Davis was culpable to me the real culprit will always be Hugh Dallas. Why? Simple he could have easily said to Davis I'm sorry Andy you are mistaken no foul was committed and it remains a goal-kick to Hearts. Once again we were bonkled by the man from Bonkle. His reward is now to be head of Scottish referees. It is a crime against football that will never be rectified. Dallas has form from the off against Hearts. Airdrie in a semi-final and to me another great crime not sending off Amoruso at Ibrox in a Scottish Cup game(we lost 4-1) but, Lorenzo hauled down Darren Jackson denying him a clear goal-scoring opportunity and Dallas let him away with it. Shocking.

John

Auld Reekin'

As much as Davis was culpable to me the real culprit will always be Hugh Dallas. Why? Simple he could have easily said to Davis I'm sorry Andy you are mistaken no foul was committed and it remains a goal-kick to Hearts. Once again we were bonkled by the man from Bonkle. His reward is now to be head of Scottish referees. It is a crime against football that will never be rectified. Dallas has form from the off against Hearts. Airdrie in a semi-final and to me another great crime not sending off Amoruso at Ibrox in a Scottish Cup game(we lost 4-1) but, Lorenzo hauled down Darren Jackson denying him a clear goal-scoring opportunity and Dallas let him away with it. Shocking.

John

Doing his best to ensure, as if any further encouragement were needed whistling.gif , that the current crop of referees follow, follow the grand tradition. The man is a contemptible piece of excrement.

Archived