If we fail to make the top 6 at the split - time to take action?

jambovambo

I know we still might make the top 6 in time for the split, and if we do, that will be because of improved results in the meantime. I dearly hope we do.

However, if we don't, then I believe that is the time to start really showing Vlad what we think about the way things are going on and off the field.

I think the fans would have the energy for it.

We would have something very "concrete" to complain about (first time we'd failed to make the top 6 before the split), which no about of spin could deny.

So ... no boycott.

But a huge, visible, public, symbolic display of our displeasure at the first home game thereafter.

Sadly, of course, there is unlikely to be any live TV of those games.

But the press and media vultures will be there anyway.

Persoannly, I go for the white flag thing. Could be persuaded by the black flag thing, but it is less visible.

After the game - march to Princes St.

Thoughts.

Which will achieve nothing in the long run.

Proper action must be taken in the form of a supporters buy-out headed by elected prominent Hearts-minded business men.

I think many fans have already written this season off and have already conceded that we won't make the top six. I think the time to take action will be at the beginning of next season, depending on if we have a decent manager in or not.

I think many fans have already written this season off and have already conceded that we won't make the top six. I think the time to take action will be at the beginning of next season, depending on if we have a decent manager in or not.

... by which time the PR machine (3 stands ... :blah: etc) will have swung into action and STs bought etc.

To Post#2, Dave - obviously waving a few white flags won't have a huge effect in the long term but every journey of a thousand miles etc ...

We_are_the_Hearts

Top 6/Bottom 6 - it makes no difference. The BIG picture is that we need a manager with decent experience who has FULL control of all aspects of the team. Until then the supporters will be frustrated and suspicious and the team will not progress.

It was worrying reading Frail saying PRE-SEASON is just about finalised. Who is deciding this?

chester copperpot
... by which time the PR machine (3 stands ... :blah: etc) will have swung into action and STs bought etc.

To Post#2, Dave - obviously waving a few white flags won't have a huge effect in the long term but every journey of a thousand miles etc ...

I am willing to do whatever it takes to get Romanov out. I hope everyone else who wants rid of him will join me when we're really needing our supporters though.

To be honest that's all I've heard on this forum for the past 2 years. If he hasn't done X by Y time then should we boycott. Then a short time later the same. It repetition beyond belief.

Groundhog day in Gorgie. :confused:

chester copperpot
Action needs to be done. Everyone has a white pillow cover so lets all bring that to a game :)

Im talking about getting him out, not smothering the cant.

In fact hold on......that may not be too bad an idea. ;)

I respect everyones right to protest, I will not join in but I respect anyone who stands up and clearly demonstrates what they would like to see.

However, as I asked when protests were mentioned a couple of months ago. If the protest is for a new manager, more communication, investment in squad, etc, etc then the action has a request and possible resolution.

However, as I have asked before. If moves to remove or force Romanov from our club are successful;

What happens the day after the "victory"?

my comment wasnt a racist comment, just any piece of white material. :)

Superb comeback!

It was the only photo I could think of involving what might be a white pillowcase ...

I looked up that photo from Abu Graib of the guy standing on a box and wired up to the mains ... but he was wearing black - also it is a bit sick.

As has been said i think most jambo's will concede this season. But action should be started now as things will only get worse on current form and waiting till the end of the year will only make romanov think were not serious about takeovers etc.

Wa*ky Hanky?

Don't remind me. Aviemore, c 1969.

Fortunately the perpetrator of that excess was, and still is ... a HOBO.

It is sad to say but i seriously WANT us to be in the bottom six for a number reasons-top 6 will 'water down' the shambles that is our club and some will see it as a 'result' given where we were in December. It should also be used as a way of blooding those younger squad players who deserve a chance without fear of hidings from the old firm. Plus i want to leave the season with a victory against the hobos in our last meeting..sorry for the defeatist attitude but at least that would give me the only warm fuzzy feeling over the summer!

It is sad to say but i seriously WANT us to be in the bottom six for a number reasons-top 6 will 'water down' the shambles that is our club and some will see it as a 'result' given where we were in December. It should also be used as a way of blooding those younger squad players who deserve a chance without fear of hidings from the old firm. Plus i want to leave the season with a victory against the hobos in our last meeting..sorry for the defeatist attitude but at least that would give me the only warm fuzzy feeling over the summer!

Er ... hardly the strongest claim on the city "bragging rights" that the papers always talk about.

Er ... hardly the strongest claim on the city "bragging rights" that the papers always talk about.

Indeed..but it makes me feel better!;)

For me the "warm fuzzy feeling" over the summer would be the knowledge that Vlad was kakking himself he had a revolution on his hands.

Action needs to be done. Everyone has a white pillow cover so lets all bring that to a game :)

If it's something white you want, just strip to the waist, freekin blinding that would be eh?:shade:

To be honest that's all I've heard on this forum for the past 2 years. If he hasn't done X by Y time then should we boycott. Then a short time later the same. It repetition beyond belief.

Groundhog day in Gorgie. :confused:

Aye - my thoughts exactly mate.

Same old same old. We'll give him time to appoint a manager. We'll then give the new manager time to settle in, so we might as well write off the first half of next season while he settles in, then wait and see what he does in the January transfer market. Then we have to give them time to let the imposters we've signed get match fit and settle in with the rest of the team, by which point we'll be at the end of next season. Then we'll wait and see what happens in the close season and so on and so on and so on.

Its pathetic.

Aye - my thoughts exactly mate.

Same old same old. We'll give him time to appoint a manager. We'll then give the new manager time to settle in, so we might as well write off the first half of next season while he settles in, then wait and see what he does in the January transfer market. Then we have to give them time to let the imposters we've signed get match fit and settle in with the rest of the team, by which point we'll be at the end of next season. Then we'll wait and see what happens in the close season and so on and so on and so on.

Its pathetic.

That is what he wants and survives on. And the feeding of timely carrot-based titbits at appropriate times ...

No.

It's time to let him know how we feel in no uncertain terms.

Harry Kinnear

What do you think the reaction would have been on Wed if Vlad had been sitting in the front row of the Main Stand? I have a memory of him milking the applause after the game against the sheep in May 05, my new vision is him standing in the same position with a rope connecting his neck to the roof of said stand

• 3 weeks later...
Only a Game
I'd like to resurrect this ...

You will NOT get meaningful numbers of Hearts fans to take action or protest IN ANY WAY unless and until the club is on the very brink of extinction( and even then you'll have a hard job, just ask around)

What you will get long before that is people switching off and not going and then not renewing and just going to selected games or perhaps not at all.

A lot of people didnt renew last season but were replaced by the supposed waiting list we had. We no longer have that waiting list and I reckon there is a massive voting with feet and wallets coming this summer unless and until a new manager with the approval of the support is appointed in good time to prepare for next season (and I dont mean two weeks before it starts).

We also have a massive lack of quality right now and our squad needs major surgery and a transplant operation before the new manager has a chance of sucess. Perhaps secondary to getting a new manager but a damn close second. Without doing one there is little point in doing the other.

I wont be protesting. I'll go along to whatever league games are left at Tynecastle be they top six or bottom six. I think any chance of Europe vanished at St Mirren today so it no longer matters to me where we finish. Not making Europe is a failure for Hearts and it doesnt make it any better or worse to say we only just failed or we failed miserably.

I will be considering what actual ACTION (not words that we cant trust anymore but REAL ACTION) the club has taken before I renew my season ticket. I think it is entirely reasonable that we set a date of June 30th for the new manager to be appointed. I certainly wont be renewing before that happens.

Era Macaroons

Persoannly, I go for the white flag thing. Could be persuaded by the black flag thing, but it is less visible.

Thoughts.

Cannae really see masell walking down down Princes St wi a black flag cos weve no made the top six.....

tho have previouly set off fireworks when still in top 10!

• 3 weeks later...

Any thoughts on this now, given we could be in this position by Saturday night, or Monday night (hopefully not if results go our way)?

My thought is there is too much apathy to make much complaint, and people will just stagger over the line of the end of the season, much like the team ...

Sooooo you want to protest if we don't make the top 6?

I would like to see any kind of protest aimed at more transparency, more honesty and know that when a team is put on the park that it is 100% the managers team.

I have no issues with VR selling players and cutting our losses in order to reduce our wage bill and allow us to operate within a sustainable budget.

I also want to know that whoever our manager is, that he has the free reign to add to the squad as they see fit and then be reviewed on their ability to manage a football team.

We have no divine right to be in the top 6!

I know we still might make the top 6 in time for the split, and if we do, that will be because of improved results in the meantime. I dearly hope we do.

However, if we don't, then I believe that is the time to start really showing Vlad what we think about the way things are going on and off the field.

I think the fans would have the energy for it.

We would have something very "concrete" to complain about (first time we'd failed to make the top 6 before the split), which no about of spin could deny.

So ... no boycott.

But a huge, visible, public, symbolic display of our displeasure at the first home game thereafter.

Sadly, of course, there is unlikely to be any live TV of those games.

But the press and media vultures will be there anyway.

Thoughts.

You had your chance on saturday there,what did you do ,nowt.

Whats the point doing it after another defeat or not making the grade now,it will only be seen as a knee jerk reaction by some.

We had our chance and let it slip,so hell mend you now,he knows now he has you by the baws.

Sooooo you want to protest if we don't make the top 6?

We have no divine right to be in the top 6!

Didn't say I did (today) - just asked the question, and suggested what I thought would happen.

No divine right - sure - happy with that then?

You had your chance on saturday there,what did you do ,nowt.

But last Saturday, as per this Saturday until at least 4:45, we are still in the top six, ergo ... duh.

If we don't make the top 6, I'd certainly rather we made some sort of visible, vocal complaint, rather than just some Ted and Ralph thing ...

"Thank you, thank you, sorr, for the opportunity to watch your team this season, and thank you, sorr, for giving me the chance to buy a season ticket again, sorr ..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl1J_1fr7cw&feature=related

Didn't say I did (today) - just asked the question, and suggested what I thought would happen.

No divine right - sure - happy with that then?

But last Saturday, as per this Saturday until at least 4:45, we are still in the top six, ergo ... duh.

Didn't say I was happy.... but to protest over it!!

Superb comeback!

It was the only photo I could think of involving what might be a white pillowcase ...

I looked up that photo from Abu Graib of the guy standing on a box and wired up to the mains ... but he was wearing black - also it is a bit sick.

KKK members on the other hand....always fair play :)

a march to princes street with white flags,:dribble: i hope the ten of you have a nice day,dont go blocking up the traffic when you get up town.

Buffalo Bill

For me, there is one last chance of 'good will'.

....a manager appointed in the summer.

If this happens, and the Jan 1st statement is fulfilled, then I'll be quite happy.

I hope we all give it until the summer, but I don't blame you if you don't.

If Vlad fails to deliver on the Jan 1st statement; i.e he doesn't give us the manager we need, then he deserves all the wrath he gets.

But I'm giving it 'til the summer.

Buffalo Bill

john brownlee

another pointless post how many protests have you tried to start since Mr Romanov arrived

and more to the point how many have succeeded or end up a comedy act for the weegie press

He's here to stay and make Hearts a bigger force and get the better of the GFA and their sisters

There's one thing for sure you wont get me kicking hats a round the parking lot at Tynie for the benefit of the parasites

Others have tried and failed big style so I've given Mr Romanov my full support along with the Heart of Midlothian and will continue to do so until he leaves or hands over the reigns, at the moment that's not an option

Gone yourself Vlad.

:5643::5643::5643::5643:

I stopped going to games some time ago.

I won't go back until things are sorted.

Me being missing will not make much of a difference, ten? no chance, one hundred? not likely, one thousand? now you are getting there.

I don't think ANYTHING else will work. If the fans stop going, if the revenue stops coming in, he will be forced to act, one way or another.

Archived