Australian Open

Deek

PresidentRomanov

What time does this start?

Don't normally watch tennis, but seeing as it's Murray, I've got ?50 on Fed.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why does the roof being open suit Murray?

The so called 'experts' say with the roof being closed Federer has the advantage as there's no wind and the bounce of the ball is more predictable.

I.e. Murray needs some other outside factors to assist.

Just passing on what the commentators over here are saying

What time does this start?

Don't normally watch tennis, but seeing as it's Murray, I've got ?50 on Fed.

It's just started.

C'Mon Andy!

PresidentRomanov
The so called 'experts' say with the roof being closed Federer has the advantage as there's no wind and the bounce of the ball is more predictable.

I.e. Murray needs some other outside factors to assist.

Just passing on what the commentators over here are saying

Cheers, it was a geniune question.

Sounds like a heap of ****e though, can't see it making any difference to either player.

PresidentRomanov
It's just started.

C'Mon Andy!

OK, I'm away to watch it, go Fed, shove it right up that poncey wee spoilt Hibs tosspot :pray:

Everybody loves Baz

Was gonna put a ton on Federer 3-0 but bottled it, put ?75 on instead so i can put a coupon on later.

Mon the Fed Express.

if Murray's serve doesn't improve (though am sure it will) then he's fecked.

I read earlier in the week his first serve percentage is only the 38th best in the world which simply isn't good enough.

Was gonna put a ton on Federer 3-0 but bottled it, put ?75 on instead so i can put a coupon on later.

Mon the Fed Express.

Shame on you!! Was never gonna happen. Fed may destroy opponents but Murray's passing shots are a joy to watch.

I P Knightley
Outed :rofl:

I cant remember posting this last night and was quite amazed at my good spelling :ninja: (I'd had a few to celebrate JJ coming back :D)

It was the impeccable spelling and grammar that had me thinking twice about posting that!!

Game on! Great break back and nice, as ever, to see Fed applauding that marvellous backhand.

Everybody loves Baz
Shame on you!! Was never gonna happen. Fed may destroy opponents but Murray's passing shots are a joy to watch.

Where's the shame in it?

Federer hardly drop sets in finals, He's playing brilliantly, Against a bottler,

?75 @11/4 would get me nearly ?300 back.

No brainer if you ask me.

Good start by Murray, breaking back at the start was crucial. He could easily have broken Federer in all of his three service games so far.

Where's the shame in it?

Federer hardly drop sets in finals, He's playing brilliantly, Against a bottler,

?75 @11/4 would get me nearly ?300 back.

No brainer if you ask me.

Why did you bottle it then?

Everybody loves Baz
Why did you bottle it then?

Hardly say putting ?75 on a single bet is bottling it ?? (unless you put 3 figure bets on all the time?)

If you actually read the whole post it would have told you i want to put a coupon on toady as well.

Anyway 1 set down, 2 to go, Mon the Fed Express

Federer just playing too well now.

Murray's had plenty chances on Federer's serve though, seems to have been at 30-30 on every service game but can't seem to win the big points.

Hardly say putting ?75 on a single bet is bottling it ?? (unless you put 3 figure bets on all the time?)

If you actually read the whole post it would have told you i want to put a coupon on toady as well.

Anyway 1 set down, 2 to go, Mon the Fed Express

Nah I'm no gambler but I do know what i'm talking about as regards it..5 years as a manager in that field makes me no expert but tennis and golf are really hard to call ... the good gamblers do match betting as there is money to be won in doing so. 3-0? You could be right but I hope not.

I P Knightley
Here we go again, Federer OWNS Murray in the slam events!

He owns everybody, John.

It's no shame to lose to Federer and today, Federer is missing nothing - he's absolutely on fire.

The Old Tolbooth
He owns everybody, John.

It's no shame to lose to Federer and today, Federer is missing nothing - he's absolutely on fire.

In the head to heads Murray leads Federer 6-4 though, so he knows he can beat him, not even Nadal can boast a record like that, but Federer has been awesome today and is romping this.

In the head to heads Murray leads Federer 6-4 though, so he knows he can beat him, not even Nadal can boast a record like that, but Federer has been awesome today and is romping this.

Nadal is comfortably ahead of Feds in their head to head.

The Old Tolbooth
Nadal is comfortably ahead of Feds in their head to head.

Bloody hell, Nadal leads 13-7, I'm genuinely shocked at that mate! (I wish I'd googled that before typing it earlier now, I just took it for granted, apologies)

Bloody hell, Nadal leads 13-7, I'm genuinely shocked at that mate! (I wish I'd googled that before typing it earlier now, I just took it for granted, apologies)

Although Federer leads 5-4 in their meetings away from clay, which is no surprised considering Nadal kills everyone on clay.

vodka2.jpgistockphoto_1389961-broken-bottles.jpg

2 down 1 to go, Mon the Express.

Don't understand all the talk about bottle crashing. How can you accuse someone of bottling it against a man who has been in 18 of the last 19 Grand Slam finals and is on record as the greatest tennis player ever.

To me the bottle crashes if you were favourite and choked it.

Murray's time will come.

Arnold Rothstein

I think the fact that 9 out of the 20 times they've played has been on clay have a lot to do with it.

Everybody loves Baz
Don't understand all the talk about bottle crashing. How can you accuse someone of bottling it against a man who has been in 18 of the last 19 Grand Slam finals and is on record as the greatest tennis player ever.

To me the bottle crashes if you were favourite and choked it.

Murray's time will come.

Cause he's been playing brilliantly coming in to the final, he had chances in the first set and I FEEL he choked in not converting his break points.

I also think one day his time will come, and on that day i'll bet on him.

Cause he's been playing brilliantly coming in to the final, he had chances in the first set and I FEEL he choked in not converting his break points.

Ok we'll agree to disagree. To me you can be accused of bottling it if you were favourite to win. Like the French bloke in the golf open that time...that's you bottling it.

He's just been outplayed by the best player in the World.

Everybody loves Baz
Ok we'll agree to disagree. To me you can be accused of bottling it if you were favourite to win. Like the French bloke in the golf open that time...that's you bottling it.

He's just been outplayed by the best player in the World.

Ahhh, Jean Van De Velde did indeed bottle it.

You won't though. You'll back his opposition and you'll lose.

Archived