Australian Open

Deek

portobellojambo1
I was 7 when it was happening, so I dont remember the games much, but I just remember Brolin, Stoichkov and Italy-ROI and the final that went on until way past my bedtime which culminated in Baggio missing the pen, a player who's poster I had up on my wall!

Romario, Bebeto and Dunga. :)

I remember the Italy goalkeeper swinging on the crossbar when a ball went out for a corner, I thought this was the coolest thing ever at the time, haha easily pleased.

Can anyone name the keeper, was it Palguica?

Gianluca Pagliuca. Played with Sampdoria.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PresidentRomanov

Just caught up with this thread after being out spending my Fed winnings, and Shaun's display of back tracking, twisting and turning, has put Murray's efforts earlier to shame :mwah:

And I've still no idea what Kitster is on about :24_shocked:

Think a big trophy is just a step too far for oor Andy. A wee bit like the team he supports. I was actually hoping he could do it, which is a first as I wouldn't normally want a Hobo to win a raffle. I set me tape up for MOTD and the f'n tennis was on. Grrrr.

Doctor FinnBarr

Tennis is a game for girls

AM looks like his mother (who is a girl)

Men who look like or want to be girls are hobos

So the conclusion of this fact finding mission is that anyone playing tennis is indeed a gay hibee!

:spongebob3:

PS. I would like to conclude this by saying I'm glad he got humped, but at least he can cry himself to sleep tonight as he nestles into his mothers "bitties"!

This one's for Mr President.

The look of disgust on Roger The Hibby Slayer's face says it all. I'm sure that meeting a former member of the Hitler Youth wasn't exactly top of his "to do" list.

PresidentRomanov
The look of disgust on Roger The Hibby Slayer's face says it all. I'm sure that meeting a former member of the Hitler Youth wasn't exactly top of his "to do" list.

Thought that myself, The Fed's clearly grimacing in that photo :pray:

Thought that myself, The Fed's clearly grimacing in that photo :pray:

Roger the Hibby Slayer is a man of principle. I'm sure the Chairman of the ATP forced him into that meeting under the threat of rescinding Rog's membership.

This thread has gone bonkers...

Well done to Andy who lost to the best player in the world today who said that he thinks he is playing the best he ever has..

It would be like Hearts losing in the Champions League final to the best team that Barcelona has ever put out..

I think its not that bad a thing to have done!

This thread has gone bonkers...

Well done to Andy who lost to the best player in the world today who said that he thinks he is playing the best he ever has..

It would be like Hearts losing in the Champions League final to the best team that Barcelona has ever put out..

I think its not that bad a thing to have done!

Not only is he that but arguably the greatest sportsman in the world at this time, only Lance Armstrong comes close for me.

Shaun, that was an opinion, so doesn't count. When one talks facts I'm rarely, if ever, wrong.

Hmm, when you're talking facts, you're sometimes wrong then?

Can you define an incorrect fact for me please !!!:mwah:

I P Knightley
Just caught up with this thread after being out spending my Fed winnings, and Shaun's display of back tracking, twisting and turning, has put Murray's efforts earlier to shame :mwah:

And I've still no idea what Kitster is on about :24_shocked:

At least it was original.

Pope%20Fed.jpg

This one's for Mr President.

:biglaugh:

Rog is saying, "when you're in Scotland in September, make sure you take in Robbo's Bar. The clientele there will give you a warm welcome."

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

He was in bits giving his speech at the end. Real shame for the guy but he is getting closer and closer.

What can you say about Fed. One of the greatest sportsmen of all time. His desire and drive is just ridiculous.

I P Knightley
He was in bits giving his speech at the end. Real shame for the guy but he is getting closer and closer.

What can you say about Fed. One of the greatest sportsmen of all time. His desire and drive is just ridiculous.

I liked the line, "I can cry like Roger; I wish I could play like him." Anyone calling Murray arrogant has an IQ less than 90.

I'd also missed Fed's Courier interview after his semifinal, discussing how he spends the off-season. Something like, "for some guys, there's a lot of hard work; for me it's all talent so I sit around on the couch." Very tongue in cheek, I'm sure but given the man's subline ability, I suspect he knows it's true.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
I liked the line, "I can cry like Roger; I wish I could play like him." Anyone calling Murray arrogant has an IQ less than 90.

I'd also missed Fed's Courier interview after his semifinal, discussing how he spends the off-season. Something like, "for some guys, there's a lot of hard work; for me it's all talent so I sit around on the couch." Very tongue in cheek, I'm sure but given the man's subline ability, I suspect he knows it's true.

It's a side of Murray I've not seen before. Always liked him but now I really hope he does it at some point this year. It'll probably take an enormous amount of luck and maybe an injury to Federer though!

But aye ... gtf Hobo bla bla bla.

It's a side of Murray I've not seen before. Always liked him but now I really hope he does it at some point this year. It'll probably take an enormous amount of luck and maybe an injury to Federer though!

But aye ... gtf Hobo bla bla bla.

You just wonder how much this has taken out him.

What i will say is that Murray was a good sport at the end and his crack about crying like Fed but not being able to play like him was good.

Archived