The Kickback Diaries - A History of Jambos Kickback

scott_jambo

Chad Sexington
The one guy I remember was Lacoste Lad :wacko:....He wanted a Celebrity boxing match with Andy Walker or some other pundit, Was a "Bit of a Lad" once he told me!! :ninja: and his Girlfriend was in the FBI, CIA, MI5, MFI...some kind of spy work!! :biggrin:

He posts as Enzo Cheifio or something now.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chad Sexington

• Gregory House M.D.

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Johanes de Silentio

Chad Sexington
I thought lacostelad got banned ages ago?

Think its definitely him. Probably just re-registered from a different IP address.

Chad Sexington

When I first joined there was a fairly prominent poster called Sid Vicious.

I remember his avatar was Mobrey's head superimposed on a monkey. :biggrin:

I wonder what happened to him?

He posts as Enzo Cheifio or something now.

Nah, I know Enzo, went to all the Home games for a good few years, and 3 or 4 European trips with him...Sound boy...He's been on the board for Years but doesn't really post much...LL was a complete fantasist!! :wacko:

rossthejambo
Once met Lacostelad and he did look like a bit of a lad. Small though.

:rubeyes: too much info there i reckon :ninja:

Chad Sexington
Nah, I know Enzo, went to all the Home games for a good few years, and 3 or 4 European trips with him...Sound boy...He's been on the board for Years but doesn't really post much...LL was a complete fantasist!! :wacko:

Ah. My mistake. Very similar posting style mind. :biggrin:

- kenny - the man who knew all about how to finance the Ricardo Fuller full transfer deal

- WILLIAM AULD - would not stop SHOUTING - also a personal favourite

- Big Drew - and his photo threads

- the Besijla agent posing as Genk fans - 'fastest player in Europe'

- Badger - no individual has caused so much controversy - but he was no plant

- primrose - the man who caused the club to back down after the 'hit the flag win a chance to open the bag and then win a chance to open an envelope for a European trip'

- overused jargon :greggs_logo:

- Gambo airlines

Only been around since 2005 under the previous board format (I was henrydroptheball back then - I know). If I recollect, around Jan 2006 the board had a complete overhall & everyones previous posts were lost. I remember racking up around a thousand or so posts very quickly during the Burley era & then all of a sudden our post counts were back to zero! :wacko: Was fair proud of my post count back then!

I'm sure they tried out different style avatars & we had wee flag/nationality things and stuff like that. Never liked that & thankfully it changed within days/weeks.

My recollection of the IJ incident has always been quite vague due to the fact that I didn't post much in the shed back then. I do remember sitting up & taking notice though, when a few on the board started calling the guy a fraud etc. It seemed like a matter of just a few days before it all came to light after that. Those of us who hadn't been following the saga had to re-read stuff for hours & then obviously get to grips with the 'confession' post. Superb stuff & thoroughly entertaining.

Glamorgan Jambo
- kenny - the man who knew all about how to finance the Ricardo Fuller full transfer deal- WILLIAM AULD - would not

I remember having a long discussion with Kenny, 3 of the aliases he'd also registered under, and someone from Canada (Osoyoos boy who I think is now Bob) from a hotel room in Tokyo. It was quite surreal discussing whether or not Fuller was a risk worth taking over 3 continents.

I'd be very surprised if Kenny isn't still around.

I came across the site not long after the 98 cup win and for all its failings it was a great resource for all exiled Hearts fans and at the time was very witty and more informative than today. No-one claimed inside knowledge, everyone backed up their positions with well formed arguments and we all got along pretty well. Reading about the Kickback 4 meeting and the roadshows that followed shows there were some things that Mr Robinson knew about and did well - with the obvious exception of listening.

That charger was a bit of a character. He threatened to throw makween about like an empty tracksuit once:cheese:

The Old Tolbooth
Remember Makween?

Still alive on Pieandbovril.com.

Very much alive and kicking on there, I often chuckle away at his constant wind ups of smeltic and hivs fans, they hate him :D

Prankmonkey and his girly mate Shaz curry threads were fantastic.

Still keep in touch with Shaz and he's still mad about curry!!

Does this IJ guy post under a different username now?

Aye, Chester Copperpot :biggrin:

Some great names from the past on this thread already, David Gillespie and his smillie filled threads especially.

Lacoste Lad was going to use his connections in MI5 / CIA to bring down Romanov wasnt he?

And the other IJ, Inspector Jambo, did he not coin the phrase "shaking With Rage"?

More recently there was the young lad, cant remember his name, who was going to send all the Dinamo Zagreb fans home in coffins :dribble:

- - primrose - the man who caused the club to back down after the 'hit the flag win a chance to open the bag and then win a chance to open an envelope for a European trip'

Please elaborate on that one Coco - sounds a classic!

Does my memory serve me well when I say that IJ came out with an apology of sorts and offered his season ticket to someone less well off?

I'm pretty sure that when he made his grand it's-a-fair-cop-guv statement that he said he felt unable to return to Tynecastle and would be handing his ST to a charity. IIRC, a few folk tried to find out if he'd ever actually gone through with it but I don't think he did. Perhaps he did eventually give it to someone on the WoSH bus as GK mentioned.

My memory is pretty rotten but I think I also remember someone finding him having a right old laugh about the whole episode on the TAMB message boards some months after the original incident had ended which opened up a bit of a JKB v TAMB argy bargy for a day or two. Seems they were a tad more forgiving than us....

I was more of a reader than a poster around the time of the Beattie Media scandal and have very limited memories of it all other than the basics so if anyone has the time to write it all down, a wee synopsis would be most welcome....

EDIT: It's probably also worth mentioning that this incident was probably the catalyst for a good few years worth of mole accusations. There haven't been any for a wee while now but even as recently as about 2 years ago there were still regular discussions about people being plants or on the Vlad payroll.

Edited by redm

I remember having a long discussion with Kenny, 3 of the aliases he'd also registered under, and someone from Canada (Osoyoos boy who I think is now Bob) from a hotel room in Tokyo. It was quite surreal discussing whether or not Fuller was a risk worth taking over 3 continents.

I'd be very surprised if Kenny isn't still around.

I came across the site not long after the 98 cup win and for all its failings it was a great resource for all exiled Hearts fans and at the time was very witty and more informative than today. No-one claimed inside knowledge, everyone backed up their positions with well formed arguments and we all got along pretty well. Reading about the Kickback 4 meeting and the roadshows that followed shows there were some things that Mr Robinson knew about and did well - with the obvious exception of listening.

You are quite correct about my name change. I remember Kenny quite well. I f I am correct I think he started as Realistic, he had quite a forceful posting style and I, new to forums, sort of told him I didn't like it. We were not too friendly for a while. I am sure he returned as Kenny, we to an extent I feel settled our differences and on many subjects agreed to disagree, I think we done this with a good degree of civility.

I have a vague memory of the Fuller discussions, was there not a South American guy involved at one stage. Kenny if I recall had been around and suggested I think he had done some coaching at various levels. I personally would like to see him back, I think he could certainly get things going in here. If he is back he has surely changed.

I think my join date was somewhere around 98/99. If I remember I got the information from Bill Duff after visiting his Far From Gorgie site. However it may have been the other way around.

Its been a godsend to me, I wish the Internet had been around when I first came to Canada, no fear of homesickness if so.

The People's Chimp

None managing to convince a number of posters on here that he was any number of connnected lithuanians, from miko to miko's best mate, to a kaunas employee to, best of all, Roman Romanov. Got myself quite a few angry PMs from his supposed "friends" who he was leading right up the garden path all the time...

Bomber Harris' Best Mate
Under the Godsa regime, myself and another poster on here were accused of planning to paint a King Billy mural on a gable end in McLeod Street based on PMs the Mods had accessed. :rubeyes::ninja::biggrin:

er - did you not read the "Kickback Six" thread - mods could not read PM's :ninja:

ps - would have been a smashing painting :biggrin:

Bomber Harris' Best Mate
sorry to hear David Gillespie has been ill and hope he has fully recovered. Had many a laugh swapping puns with him. Hope is cat is still alive.

you could have at least penned a pun

ps - maybe you laughed but we thought your puns were awful :biggrin:

Bomber Harris' Best Mate
another poster i used to enjoy the banter with was CompleteIdiot, who was always worth a bit of a debate. possibly a bit of a walt, but still was funny.

someone with more than one login I'm afraid

well named

What about a certain American based poster, who had a few domestic ..............problems.

Bomber Harris' Best Mate
WILLIAM.AULD, THE SHOUTER. EVERY POST WAS IN CAPS.

I THINK THERE WAS ONE CALLED GOLDEN VISION WHO USED TO DO THE SAME

Please elaborate on that one Coco - sounds a classic!

Was around the time that Scott Wilson was doing Hit the Bar Win a Car and things like that. There was a Hit the Flag Win the Bag competition that week - where the players had to hit the corner flag from the centre spot. Prize was if I remember rightly a trip on the team plane to the upcoming European game. Primrose (who still posts on here) stepped up and hit the ball sweetly and drew it into the corner flag with just enough pace for it to hit.

There was dismay in the stands when Scott Wilson then said right you've won the chance to pick the right envelope out of the bag! Can remember that everyone in the ground thought that the prize had already been won. Primrose duly picked the wrong one - so no Euro trip for him. Until after a concerted KB effort to push the club into getting him on the flight - which worked!

What about a certain American based poster, who had a few domestic ..............problems.

That really did end sadly.

Marmeladent?rtchen
Was around the time that Scott Wilson was doing Hit the Bar Win a Car and things like that. There was a Hit the Flag Win the Bag competition that week - where the players had to hit the corner flag from the centre spot. Prize was if I remember rightly a trip on the team plane to the upcoming European game. Primrose (who still posts on here) stepped up and hit the ball sweetly and drew it into the corner flag with just enough pace for it to hit.

There was dismay in the stands when Scott Wilson then said right you've won the chance to pick the right envelope out of the bag! Can remember that everyone in the ground thought that the prize had already been won. Primrose duly picked the wrong one - so no Euro trip for him. Until after a concerted KB effort to push the club into getting him on the flight - which worked!

I remember that,,,, happening, but at the time I used to post on the BBC chat room.

The Mighty Thor

Coppercrutch was a fantastic stirrer in the Shed.

His financial meltdown threads were tremendous as was his documentation of staying with his Ma to save himself mortgage free while the rest of the free world crumbled.

His other notable contribution was the thread that contained the immortal 'smacking her to the floor like the pathetic bitch she was'. 3,2,1 meltdown from the morally outraged. His justification was priceless too.... :biggrin:

That was Freud I think. Shot himself about 3 years ago.

I wonder ever what happened to Friedie, the Fortuna Dusseldorf / Hearts fan who used to be a regular on the board? We also had a Blackburn fan as a regular at one time too, Tarquin Weekley if memory serves me correctly. There was also the Lombardia Hearts supporters, who I haven't seen on here for a while.

I've always stayed away from all the internal politics on KB and always amazed at all these scandals that seem to have occured by private message through the years.

Geoff Kilpatrick
I wonder ever what happened to Friedie, the Fortuna Dusseldorf / Hearts fan who used to be a regular on the board? We also had a Blackburn fan as a regular at one time too, Tarquin Weekley if memory serves me correctly. There was also the Lombardia Hearts supporters, who I haven't seen on here for a while.

I've always stayed away from all the internal politics on KB and always amazed at all these scandals that seem to have occured by private message through the years.

Forgot all about those two. They were good posters as well.

On the other hand, I remember Paddy Capri's debut and a thread about salt, snails and grass! Bizarre.

Wasn't Sigmund a mod on one or more of the boards?

Forgot all about those two. They were good posters as well.

On the other hand, I remember Paddy Capri's debut and a thread about salt, snails and grass! Bizarre.

Wasn't Sigmund a mod on one or more of the boards?

I think he was, he always seemed like a good guy, I'm geniunely surprised to hear that he shot himself, although I was aware that he'd died.

Do you remember Hibss Hater? He was truly quite bizarre and got banned from the original board.

Geoff Kilpatrick
I think he was, he always seemed like a good guy, I'm geniunely surprised to hear that he shot himself, although I was aware that he'd died.

Do you remember Hibss Hater? He was truly quite bizarre and got banned from the original board.

Vaguely remember Hibss Hater.

It's a pity Robert Lang/boabster doesn't post very much anymore. His '50 ways' we have pumped the vermin after the own goals derby was an all-time classic!

four winds jambo

What about Daibeaidh(sp?)

he used to come on on Saturday nights and offer to fight anyone who dissed the SNP (or kilts, or bagpipes, or irn bru etc)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

That Sigmund loved to abuse vermin, was shocked to hear he had topped himself.

Complete Idiot was a great poster - always assumed he now posts under a different user name.

Chad Sexington

I seem to recall a thread along the lines of favourite/worst poster that ended in a cyber bloodbath a few years ago.

When I logged on in the morning there had been about 10 people suspended during the night. It was hilarious. :biggrin:

Does anyone have any of Robert Lang/boabster posts about the hibs? That was trule classic.

I remember a italian guy that supported Como or something.

LacosteLad got himself into a pickle did he not?

shaun.lawson

Despite having been on Kickback for a good decade now, I completely missed the Irvine Jambo saga somehow, which I remain gutted about; not least because I like to delude myself that, like Therapist, I wouldn't have been sucked in! I also missed the Badger and Beattie media saga, and the days leading up to the old board being closed by the club.

From the olden days, I do recall posters like Paul Valente or Kelly Easton, or Kenny Sargeant (as good on here as his ruthlessly honest match reports were on the official website: check out his report of 16 May 1998. It's magnificent), and regulars we all know like Geoff Kilpatrick or Scott Herbertson. I do not miss it bloody crashing every Thursday night though!

Geoff's right, incidentally: the KB meeting with Chris Robinson in 2000 was very illuminating, and contained a lot of hints we should've picked up upon that JJ wouldn't last much longer as Hearts manager. So much so that I spent hours one night going through loads of stuff online after Jefferies had gone, eventually concluding that it was the right decision. When I posted my conclusions, I think it was the first time anyone had ever noticed anything I'd written on KB!

When the board was updated, I remember noting that Ulysses and Acey were among the sharpest posters around, but still largely contented myself with dry discussions on the politics and finance of the club. It's only been in the last two or three years that I've become more personal in my approach really. So my favourite threads are all more modern ones: the Psychologist's Profile of Vlad coming top of my list, and resulting in Uly becoming extremely annoyed that I appeared to be taking it seriously. CompleteIdiot was at his best on that thread too, as I recall.

The current board is a world removed from the oldest one I can remember, though; much bigger, and covering many more things. The very first online Hearts memories I have were a website called The Maroon Balloon (yes, really) which was at its best during the 1996 Cup run (and especially at pointing out that Hibs' run amounted to a hilarious 2-0 home defeat by Kilmarnock); being mightily impressed by the official website from around 1997 onwards; and logging on to the Kickback chat room after Dundee 1-0 Hearts at the end of October 1998. The chap I talked to? Neilnunb, or Neil.Henderson as he was then; little did I know he was the only other Hearts and Norwich fan on here.

shaun.lawson
I seem to recall a thread along the lines of favourite/worst poster that ended in a cyber bloodbath a few years ago.

When I logged on in the morning there had been about 10 people suspended during the night. It was hilarious. :biggrin:

Was that the infamous Night of the Long Knives? I'd love to see the thread again, somehow.

The People's Chimp

Shocked to hear that sigmund had shot himself; I remember it being posted that he had died though.

Re: boabster, it is always good when he's back on getting torn into the hobbits.

Chad Sexington
Was that the infamous Night of the Long Knives? I'd love to see the thread again, somehow.

That was it.

It was actually me that named it that in the morning. :biggrin:

Chad Sexington
I remember my friend Prankmonkey being banned over a flag with Elvis on it.

Hahahaha.

The flag they wouldn't let in the ground. :biggrin:

Prankmonkey died for your sins. :ninja:

• davemclaren locked this topic