• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chad Sexington

• Gregory House M.D.

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Johanes de Silentio

Some good memories reading that thread. Dipped in and out of kickback after making my first 1000 posts back in the day, but a lot of the names mentioned ring a bell that's for sure.

Cracking find by DA. :thumbsup:

Maple Leaf

Where did some of the old school posters go?

David Gillespie

Jim Blyth

David Besonen

Marian (Christ, she was weird)

Grant Thorburn

Jim Blyth is alive and well and living west of Toronto. I see him regularly during the season.

I'd like to know more about sooperstar's long walk.

Story pls.

hughesie27

Sorry to hear that mate. You had some crackers.

Thankfully the important ones (The Semi and the Final in 06) are still with us in video form on Youtube. :thumbsup:

And the ones in this thread were some of the best of the crop. My favourite being the Bednar goal and Gordon's save v Partick.

I'm a proud man. See when folk refer to Irvine Jambo as IJ?

I hope they burn in pain.

I mean that, too. 1999 versus whenever the fantasist appeared. Cheers.

smile.gif

ToadKiller Dog

To think kIckback in its various forms has taken up well over a decade of my life , I think those who say it has no relevance to the club and us fans are talking crap.

Didn't Lacoste lad not have a mad get rich scheme of selling his body for advertising space ? .

Shaun and his first and greatest resignation post ., his defection to jO.Stone.net for a time .

During the height of the hat kicker /sheep stuff , Rixs appointment

was one of the maddest moments where I was called a pedo lover by someone for saying that now he is appointed we will have to give him his chance .

Staying up all night for the kickback tribal wars game .

I would miss Kickback if it was to go .

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

Prince Buaben

Story pls.

Sure if I remember correctly he walked home from either Bathgate or Broxburn in the early hours of the morning, taking pictures of his walk home!

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Story pls.

He was drunk at a party in Bathgate when he decided to leave. Tried in vain to get a taxi and decided to start walking thinking he'd get one on the way. He didn't get a taxi.

Ended up walking all the way home and took pictures of nearly all road signs etc showing how far he had to walk to get home.

At least I think that is what happened. All the pictures were available on his Bebo/Facebook :laugh:

Edited by Gavsy Van Gaverson

Sooperstar

Story pls.

It was after the last game of the season a few years back. A Sunday away day to Kilmarnock. A pish game which we lost if I remember correctly. Got back to Edinburgh then one of my mates said he was going out in Bathgate with his bursd and a couple of her mates. One of whom he had lined up for me. I got the train back through to Bathgate to meet them.

I'd never been out in Bathgate before, it was terrible. We went to a place called Twigs or something. Basically a room full of freaks. I wasn't fussed for the bursd that had been lined up for me and decided to leave. Went to some takeaway place and got some food. While I was waiting I got talking to some middle aged woman, just chatting away innocently. Her sister was there too and started telling me to stop talking to get sister, but I ignored her. She got really angry and started being abusive and I eventually left with my food. They left just behind me and she continued abusing me so I abused her back, then the one I had been chatting with joined in. They tried to attack me and I had to push them down to the ground (not in a Coppercrutch style) and make my escape!

I walked along trying to find a taxi but I couldn't get one...so I kept walking, taking pictures of the route along the way, which I then made into an album on good old Bebo. I was also receiving phonecalls from my mates bursd who was looking for him as he had just disappeared. She was very worried and was now back at her home in Bathgate. Neither of us could get in touch with him and eventually she got the police out, but he was nowhere to be found.

I ended up walking all the way home to Edinburgh, it took me 6 hours or something, 18 miles I believe. A few days later I managed to catch up with my mate. He had ended up riding his bursd pal. She never found out, but she had her suspicions. She cornered me in the pub one day and asked me what had happened. I told her that I knew nothing, honestly, but that even if I did I wouldn't tell her!

Edited by Sooperstar

Bert Le Clos

Can someone please tell more about Badger and Godsa for us young 'uns?

Great thread BTW.

It was after the last game of the season a few years back. A Sunday away day to Kilmarnock. A pish game which we lost if I remember correctly. Got back to Edinburgh then one of my mates said he was going out in Bathgate with his bursd and a couple of her mates. One of whom he had lined up for me. I got the train back through to Bathgate to meet them.

I'd never been out in Bathgate before, it was terrible. We went to a place called Twigs or something. Basically a room full of freaks. I wasn't fussed for the bursd that had been lined up for me and decided to leave. Went to some takeaway place and got some food. While I was waiting I got talking to some middle aged woman, just chatting away innocently. Her sister was there too and started telling me to stop talking to get sister, but I ignored her. She got really angry and started being abusive and I eventually left with my food. They left just behind me and she continued abusing me so I abused her back, then the one I had been chatting with joined in. They tried to attack me and I had to push them down to the ground (not in a Coppercrutch style) and make my escape!

I walked along trying to find a taxi but I couldn't get one...so I kept walking, taking pictures of the route along the way, which I then made into an album on good old Bebo. I was also receiving phonecalls from my mates bursd who was looking for him as he had just disappeared. She was very worried and was now back at her home in Bathgate. Neither of us could get in touch with him and eventually she got the police out, but he was nowhere to be found.

I ended up walking all the way home to Edinburgh, it took me 6 hours or something, 18 miles I believe. A few days later I managed to catch up with my mate. He had ended up riding his bursd pal. She never found out, but she had her suspicions. She cornered me in the pub one day and asked me what had happened. I told her that I knew nothing, honestly, but that even if I did I wouldn't tell her!

So did your mate ride the bird you where supposed too? Bathgate is a dump and so is the twig mate, spent many a night in that flea pit.

Sooperstar

So did your mate ride the bird you where supposed too? Bathgate is a dump and so is the twig mate, spent many a night in that flea pit.

He did, aye.

Oi, less of the Bathgate slagging! Especially on our most special day of the year!

(you're right about the Twig though! :) )

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Score angels was a night of pure brilliance. It was like giving Acey a bunch of mouth breathers to wind up

Oi, less of the Bathgate slagging! Especially on our most special day of the year!

(you're right about the Twig though! :) )

Ha ha, I think it would be rude not to slag off my home town mate.

Snake Plissken

:jjyay:

The Shed is bloody brilliant today.

Score angels was a night of pure brilliance. It was like giving Acey a bunch of mouth breathers to wind up

just went and read that thread again excellent work by a few on it. I cant believe that it is from december 08

scott_jambo

just went and read that thread again excellent work by a few on it. I cant believe that it is from december 08

Can you link that?

scott_jambo

In the classics, Score Angels thread

That's not the WAJ's Pimping Angels thread other people are referring to unfortunately.

WAJ's one was more he was Charlie and the JKB girls were his angels. I believe Eckauskas remembers this one well if he is online.

Still a great read though.

Chris Benoit

That's not the WAJ's Pimping Angels thread other people are referring to unfortunately.

WAJ's one was more he was Charlie and the JKB girls were his angels. I believe Eckauskas remembers this one well if he is online.

Still a great read though.

Milky was talking about the Score Angels. The Pimpin' Angels is lost forever I fear :(

Milky was talking about the Score Angels. The Pimpin' Angels is lost forever I fear :(

Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

:sob:

Removed for legal reasons?? :whistling:

rossthejambo

I believe that's correct, I asked about it once having missed it all at the time and got told it had been removed.

My defining memory of this board is the whole Vlad-Sheep vs Hat-Kickers civil war that lasted must have lasted for more than a year. You couldn't give an opinion on anything related to Hearts without being labelled one or the other and there were certain posters who just refused to accept any of your opinions because of this divide. It reminded me of watching the wrestling, and WCW in particular, when I was younger. It was great fun.

With that in mind, what happened to Jambo Robbo?

rossthejambo

My defining memory of this board is the whole Vlad-Sheep vs Hat-Kickers civil war that lasted must have lasted for more than a year. You couldn't give an opinion on anything related to Hearts without being labelled one or the other and there were certain posters who just refused to accept any of your opinions because of this divide. It reminded me of watching the wrestling, and WCW in particular, when I was younger. It was great fun.

With that in mind, what happened to Jambo Robbo?

Ah JR, miss those arguments about how great Vlad was.

Didn't he start getting ripped a new one for being a bathroom salesman or something and just stop posting? I'm not even sure if he was actually a salesman :lol:

Didn't he start getting ripped a new one for being a bathroom salesman or something and just stop posting? I'm not even sure if he was actually a salesman :lol:

How the hell could he be a salesman? Surely that would involve interacting with people between 9 to 5? All he seemed to do between those hours was post on kickback.

rossthejambo

How the hell could he be a salesman? Surely that would involve interacting with people between 9 to 5? All he seemed to do between those hours was post on kickback.

I'm pretty sure someone made it up, Acey or Picard maybe, but it seemed to rile him. Never ever got the full story about his exit though.

Bert Le Clos

Just read the whole Score Angels thread :lol:

Several genuine laugh out loud moment, not quite sure how I missed it at the time.

Threads like that don't get beyond their first page these days :sob:

Acey was the reason i joined Kickback btw, he made me properly laugh out loud, where is he?

Bert Le Clos

[deleted]

Along with Gosling?

I miss that handsome devil :sweat:

scott_jambo

Along with Gosling?

Please no? Surely not? :sob:

Sterling Archer

Along with Gosling?

AFAIK Gosling isn't banned.

Tommy Wiseau

Gosling died in a tragic trolling accident on his way to Paris with the love of his life.

:(

scott_jambo

Gosling died in a tragic trolling accident on his way to Paris with the love of his life.

Surely he will re-spawn though? Or gone for good?

A few posts have had to be removed from this thread. If any more posts are made in relation to previous decisions of the moderators, the thread will be closed and the people who make the posts are likely to have new moderator decisions to complain about. :ninja:

I remember having a few heated arguments back when I was 100% pro-vlad with MagicTs, JammyTs and JR. Pretty sure someone coined them the POP or some such.

Was that not Nasty Nick Bateman from Big Brother I who lost his wife like that?? Or was it Irvine Jambo??

Now I'm confused.

:confused:

Edited by Floyd

Tommy Wiseau

Was that not Nasty Nick Bateman from Big Brother I who lost his wife like that?? Or was it Irvine Jambo??

Now I'm confused.

:confused:

No, the fragrant Lynette is still alive and kicking I believe, think that was a ruse to get the housemates to trust him :lol:

IJ's wife is currently appearing in Bangladesh's number one box office smash "Mr Bhatti On Chutti". The kids are doing ok but miss their old man every day.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

No, the fragrant Lynette is still alive and kicking I believe, think that was a ruse to get the housemates to trust him :lol:

IJ's wife is currently appearing in Bangladesh's number one box office smash "Mr Bhatti On Chutti". The kids are doing ok but miss their old man every day.

I don't think they should discount the possibility of Irvine Jambo resurrecting himself ala Jesus Christ.

The man's abilities were astounding

It's all making sense now!!! :thumbsup:

Really liked Nick, glad all is well.

Sad about IJ's family, but at least they have his vast fortune & his faith in God to lean on.

• davemclaren locked this topic