The Kickback Diaries - A History of Jambos Kickback

scott_jambo

This is the first I've heard about how 'Sigmund' died. I knew he had passed on, but was unaware of the circumstances.

I was thinking this over last night as I was going to bed and I recall getting a PM from him not long before he died. It was as a result of a fairly heated debate over bigotry and intolerance at Tynecastle. IIRC Sigmund was a liberal kind of a guy who called out that kind of nonsense.

Then I recalled some trouble that he'd had with a few posters from here posting some defamatory stuff about him on another website. The comments were definitely made on another site, but it sort of spilt over onto KB. This was not long before he took his own life.

I got to wondering whether this is perhaps the darkest episode of KB's history.

Although it's obvious in retrospect that Sigmund was unwell, I'd hate to think that his mental condition was worsened by these events.

Seems like he was at war with many people - himself included no doubt. An RIP thread on Hibs.net quickly descended into Sigmund getting character assasinated. Not saying he didn't deserve it, seems like there was bad blood all over the place.

I think he liked a strong debate and he was by far the toughest there was. He really knew how to rile people - possibly because of his background - and so he made a lot of people upset.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chad Sexington

• Gregory House M.D.

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Johanes de Silentio

I have a record of you playing the final in May 2007 against Auldreekie1874, but I didn't keep the result.

I'm still missing the names of two of the 16 winners. :ninja:

What's the list of winners U?

The Comedian

What a great thread. It's weird reading about the IJ escapades as while I was a registered user here I missed it as I didn't post much and if at all on the terrace only.

Posters from ages ago...

Lacostelad

Mozzer

Mozzer

Mozzer was good. Faced a bit of hate from the usual suspects, but he had a good turn of phrase and was great for getting everyone gee'd up and on the happy train.

The Comedian
Mozzer was good. Faced a bit of hate from the usual suspects, but he had a good turn of phrase and was great for getting everyone gee'd up and on the happy train.

I last saw him on BIM a few years ago. I suspect he finally vanished up Morrisseys hole.

Good for music threads along with myself in my former guise.

Bobby_swing_the_bar
A flirty young lady, but like her brother a smart cookie under it all.

Yep a very smart girl. She's doing well, was speaking to her the other week.

I remember Mozzer and the Happy Train, this site crashing when Rix was appointed. Think i joined about the time of Miko's sending off v Rangers.

Buffalo Bill

My favourite moment was when Bapswent thought there was a big international being played at 9am on a Monday morning when in fact it was just a repeat.

My favourite moment was when Bapswent thought there was a big international being played at 9am on a Monday morning when in fact it was just a repeat.

I remember on a very bored Christmas afternoon Shuggs and I started doing updates on the Germany v's Rest Of The World game.

Several people were very confused and asking what channel it was on.

We were watching Escape To Victory :biggrin:

Bednar's goal V rangers (1-0)

i15597402_16889_3.jpg

Brilliant picture.

The Friday night before this game I collected a 5 week old unfeathered slightly docile runt of a cockatiel from a local rescue centre. Several bottles of Stella and a few arguements with my then Miss Blairdin and I couldn't come up with a name. Decided to name him after Hearts first scorer against der hun the next lunchtime.

Fank thuck it wasn't Webster or Pressley that scored the first...

Anyway, Roman is always at the bottom of my posts, whistling about gay Hibees.

Prankmonkey and his girly mate Shaz curry threads were fantastic.

I hated those threads and back in the days of rep comments I came home drunk one night. Shaz had started another curry thread and I left him a negative rep comment saying something like 'I hope you die in a sea of curry'. Harsh maybe, but when I woke up in the morning I had been labelled a racist. Not by Shaz I'll add, just by a few others!

It was a free for all. The cyber equivalent of a wild west, bar room brawl. :biggrin:

I got a suspension from that thread. As far as I can remember it was well worth it.

It was Auldreekie I won against Uly, I think when Acey beat me in the final it was in the decanter..or whatever the lower tiered league was.

Your pics were brilliant that season Hughsie. Really helped add another dimension to what was going on for the ex-pats.

Why don't you take a few more????

Those pictures almost got us thrown out one game. Some steward came over and demanded that Hughesie stopped taking photographs as it was against Copyright or something and he needed permission. I had a massive argument with him and told him that he was Kickback's official photographer and had the necessary authority! Somehow it worked.

Sooperstars long walk from freedom was a classic.

The route from Bathgate to Sighthill was absolutely nuts.

Buffalo Bill

Agree.

"He was a man who walked the Earth in search for Parkhead...

...but ended up finding - himself"

WAJ pimping one was good. Was he not firing into a bird from this site the same time as he was molesting that schoolie?

Yep, pretty sure he may actually have been engaged to her as well. That could well be balls though so don't quote me.

Chad Sexington
I hated those threads and back in the days of rep comments I came home drunk one night. Shaz had started another curry thread and I left him a negative rep comment saying something like 'I hope you die in a sea of curry'. Harsh maybe, but when I woke up in the morning I had been labelled a racist. Not by Shaz I'll add, just by a few others!

:biggrin:

You weren't allowed to slag off Shaz. If you did you were obviously Nick Griffin.

Chad Sexington
Yep, pretty sure he may actually have been engaged to her as well. That could well be balls though so don't quote me.

He was.

It all ended in tears, IIRC. :0:

:biggrin:

You weren't allowed to slag off Shaz. If you did you were obviously Nick Griffin.

Have some rep for that bwad boy was a favourite quote at the time.

Pwopah Naughty.

He was.

It all ended in tears, IIRC. :0:

It all ended in Saughton more like :wacko:

Him and his fiasco on here with their lovey dovey posts to each other, nonsense!

Interspersed with Shona salivating over Robbie Neilson every 82 seconds :dribble:

Chad Sexington
It all ended in Saughton more like :wacko:

Him and his fiasco on here with their lovey dovey posts to each other, nonsense!

Interspersed with Shona salivating over Robbie Neilson every 82 seconds :dribble:

And him salivating over the bairns.

Gruesome. :ninja:

I used to love the "Bad Things You Have Done" threads.

I can't remember who started it initially - with a rather mild confession of snapping off a car ariel in front of a policeman - but it quickly became a confessional for all manner of practical jokes, embarassing drunken incidents and funny holiday stories.

(I started it on a new incarnation of KB when we switched server).

Highlights included:

The aforementioned Floyd getting sent off at fives for kicking lumps out of Frank McGarvey.

Someone confessing to stealing the pin out the 18th hole at a golf course and posting it through a random letter box.

An annoying cousin of a friend getting a tea spoon inserted up the rear (deservedly) by a bunch of English guys on a holiday in Ibiza/Majorca or somewhere like that.

People giving their mates pee to drink.

Cr@pping in wardrobes.

Lots of barfing

Hanging up condoms on a washing line.

Burds getting dumped in the nastiest of ways.

Plus, all manner of dead animals including rabbits cats and hamsters being run over, accidentally cooked or meeting a similarly painful demise.

I wish I'd copied and pasted those two thread!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
I used to love the "Bad Things You Have Done" threads.

I can't remember who started it initially - with a rather mild confession of snapping off a car ariel in front of a policeman - but it quickly became a confessional for all manner of practical jokes, embarassing drunken incidents and funny holiday stories.

(I started it on a new incarnation of KB when we switched server).

Highlights included:

The aforementioned Floyd getting sent off at fives for kicking lumps out of Frank McGarvey.

Someone confessing to stealing the pin out the 18th hole at a golf course and posting it through a random letter box.

An annoying cousin of a friend getting a tea spoon inserted up the rear (deservedly) by a bunch of English guys on a holiday in Ibiza/Majorca or somewhere like that.

People giving their mates pee to drink.

Cr@pping in wardrobes.

Lots of barfing

Hanging up condoms on a washing line.

Burds getting dumped in the nastiest of ways.

Plus, all manner of dead animals including rabbits cats and hamsters being run over, accidentally cooked or meeting a similarly painful demise.

I wish I'd copied and pasted those two thread!

That thread was epic as was the 'ridiculous things you've done when pished' one.

I remember genuinely lolling when I read about the golf flag getting posted through a letter box. Absolute classic. Think it was D-McG.

blondejamtart
Anyone else remember Bavarian Jamtart? Is he still posting using an alter-ego?

He's banned from JKB, but still posts from time to time elsewhere.

Agree.

"He was a man who walked the Earth in search for Parkhead...

...but ended up finding - himself"

The last stretch of that walk was torturous. People were getting up for their work and I was just getting home having set off five hours earlier. Never been so happy to see home.

Chad Sexington
Anyone else remember Bavarian Jamtart? Is he still posting using an alter-ego?

It was him that had the "Creag is reading this" sig. :biggrin:

He was a trumpet.

winston churchill

sigmund-rip

john cormack

adam murray

makween

willyboo and his camera

david g and his wee poems

wee jambo/jambo1962

the pieman shutting us down.

Edited by winston churchill

winston churchill
Despite having been on Kickback for a good decade now

so like me, did you post under a different name/names then over the last ten years.

He was a trumpet.

LOL have some rep.

Did Elvis ever get his flags???

He was a trumpet.

Agreed. He was a right creep.

Seemed to have a particular liking for blondejamtart, IIRC. Lucky you.

I've got an image of that Harry Enfield angry-guy-in-the-pub fellow. Especially when Acey, who must've been just out of nappies at the time, posted 'his' phone number in response to a challenge for a chat with said jb666.

On phoning the number jb discovered he was talking to a Chinese restaurant.:laugh:

I'd forgotten about that! JB666666 was a character...

It was Auldreekie I won against Uly, I think when Acey beat me in the final it was in the decanter..or whatever the lower tiered league was.

I won the overall Predictor ages ago by beating Tucks in the final. Pretty sure I haven't reached a final since! :(

He's banned from JKB, but still posts from time to time elsewhere.

I do remember him getting into bother frequently

Agreed. He was a right creep.

Seemed to have a particular liking for blondejamtart, IIRC. Lucky you.

I remember that too & Dooley

Cheers Hughesie, and thanks for bumping this thread which I forgot about due to my suspension about 20 minutes after I posted this thread.

I have had a read through it all and I totally forgot about Mozzer.

I remember a vice like grip was held on this messageboard with the 'happy train' chat and Mozzer's one lined paragraphed musings.

He was eloquent and I enjoyed his posts and himself as a poster was pretty reasonable, but he had an army of cohorts who would belittle and ridicule anyone who wanted to express any sort of concern about Romanov or its regime. A Romanov mole couldnt of done a better job at quashing rumours that all was not well down Tynecastle way.

Does anyone know why he doesnt post on JKB anymore, what happened there?

I like JKB more than ever now because their is a wide spectrum of views and it no mention of Vlad sheep or hat kickers for a long time. :527:

Cheers Hughesie, and thanks for bumping this thread which I forgot about due to my suspension about 20 minutes after I posted this thread.

I have had a read through it all and I totally forgot about Mozzer.

I remember a vice like grip was held on this messageboard with the 'happy train' chat and Mozzer's one lined paragraphed musings.

He was eloquent and I enjoyed his posts and himself as a poster was pretty reasonable, but he had an army of cohorts who would belittle and ridicule anyone who wanted to express any sort of concern about Romanov or its regime. A Romanov mole couldnt of done a better job at quashing rumours that all was not well down Tynecastle way.

Does anyone know why he doesnt post on JKB anymore, what happened there?

I like JKB more than ever now because their is a wide spectrum of views and it no mention of Vlad sheep or hat kickers for a long time. :527:

I too enjoyed Mozzer's style. He is an even greater guy in person. I was lucky enough to play for the Kickback team in a competition at Riccarton about 5 years ago and he played in it also.

A quick wee heads up for the sharp eyes out there. In teh second link I posted (Cup Final one) you will get to a bit where you can see Lacostlead in all his glory. He pops up quite prominantly with a rather tall gentleman by his side. He is wearing a leather jacket has jet black hair and also has a missing tooth! It is in the pub after the bus journey through to Glasgow about 5-10 mins in.

Makween also makes an appearance in the same pub wearing an Aquscutum(sp) scarf.

• 2 years later...

Thought this was worth a bump.

Was looking for some info on WAJ and this thread turned out to be a brilliant insight into the history of JKB :thumbsup:

• davemclaren locked this topic