Suso the Spanish waiter/ballet dancer (merged threads)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Ibrahim Tall
Now thats just pi sh. Your just generalising your feelings now instead of breaking his performances down.

Although you said league games he played well v Zagreb in the 2nd leg. He also was one of the few who done ok v Falkirk and Hamilton in dire games at Tynie.

Oh, and Killie.

He`s been poor in the last two games and may or may not recover or prove not to be good enough anyway. But i refuse to damn a player to the dustbin when his opening period at Hearts has been blighted by injury and self inflicted bans.

But you carry on, i love Hearts fans who give players 5 minutes to prove themselves.

That says more about the performances of everyone else rather than Suso's ability. At his peak he can put in an "ok" performance against ****e like Falkirk, that's nowhere near good enough.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
His closing down of a Sunderland player in pre-season is rapidly becoming the equivalent of Beslija's ?850,000 cross against Dundee Utd.

ahh, but what a cross that was.....

Suso's thought process is nowhere near quick enough to play at SPL level, far too many people got excited by his "average performance in a Training Match against Sunderland "

as for his temprement , its laughable for a proffessional footballer, he reacts to the slightest challenge and is a complete liabillity and any defender worth his salt only has to wind up slightly to provoke a reaction, leaving us inevitably a man short.

Our lack of a decent scouting network is alarming, who ever is finding these players ie Suso Witteveen Kucharski, etc etc, really has a disturbing lack of footballing knowledge, or a very old version of Football Manager.

Buffalo Bill
ahh, but what a cross that was.....

For ?850,000, it had better be.

For that money, I would want the ball to stop in mid air, pour me a cappuccino, and then glance of my brow into the top corner.

Charlie-Brown

Steve Penney & Leigh Jenkinson were worse players than Suso has been imo....anyway he's only keeping the jersey warm for David Templeton & Jamie Walker.

Guest JamboRobbo
Steve Penney & Leigh Jenkinson were worse players than Suso has been imo

And what happened to them? Punted for not being good enough.

....anyway he's only keeping the jersey warm for David Templeton & Jamie Walker.

Seems you agree Suso has little to offer.

So why persevere with a mediocre player who'll NEVER be good enough, ahead of a youngster who might be good enough one day?

We should have a few experienced players in our team. They should be setting a glowing example to the youngsters round about them.

Instead, we're just a mess.

I'm not quite sure where I stand with Suso

I think Suso has shown more in the first half of his first season in the SPL than Obua did in the first half of his first season in the SPL last year

The world and his auntie were baying for everyone to give Obua time to settle, yet the this season JKB are wanting Suso hung drawn etc

Now Obua has proven us right - he is gash really

I think Suso actually gets pass marks so far - but at a "C" level (shows you how old school I am - C used to be a pass, D a fail. By all accounts the kiddies can pass with an F these days) in a mediocre team in a mediocre league.

Seems you agree Suso has little to offer.

So why persevere with a mediocre player who'll NEVER be good enough, ahead of a youngster who might be good enough one day?

We should have a few experienced players in our team. They should be setting a glowing example to the youngsters round about them.

Instead, we're just a mess.

Maybe you could apply this same line of thinking when it comes to our striker search, instead of poppin off like you do.

Jimmy Melville
Utter guff. Said it in his first game and I'll say it again. Keeping a promising youngster out of the team. A total arsehole as well by the looks of it. Liability.

Couldn't agree more. Templeton's has more skill in one of his toes.

Guest JamboRobbo
Maybe you could apply this same line of thinking when it comes to our striker search, instead of poppin off like you do.

It's not the same situation though.

We had f all on the right wing. So our manager got to sign a right winger in the summer. thats how it should work.

The fact Suso is pish is the managers responsibility, and he should live or die by these calls.

The striker situation is being handled completely different for some reason, and is a huge problem.

It's been a problem position for about 2 years now. Our manager has been banging on about it pretty much since he arrived. He's made it clear in the last few windows that he knows who he wants to sign, and he's made it clear that getting 2 strikers is his number one priority.

Our owner says money is not the issue.

Therefore, the manager should be given his forward(s), and should live or die by his calls.

Our repeated (and it seems deliberate and spiteful) failure to back our manager is taking the **** out of the fans IMO.

Guest JamboRobbo
I'm not quite sure where I stand with Suso

I think Suso has shown more in the first half of his first season in the SPL than Obua did in the first half of his first season in the SPL last year

The world and his auntie were baying for everyone to give Obua time to settle, yet the this season JKB are wanting Suso hung drawn etc

I think it's about ability versus effort.

Suso's problem is ability. It's not something he's got any chance of learning at his age.

Obua's problem is effort. Whilst it seems less and less likely, there is always the chance that a player can improve his effort levels. Just look at Nade past few weeks.

Now Obua has proven us right - he is gash really

Still say he has something to offer ability wise. Just lacks the work rate to justify a spot in the team each week.

Miko's issue was application/concentration, rather than lack of basic football ability.

What do you think Suso has to offer to the team?

Ability to beat a man? To cross a ball? To keep posession? To pass? To score? For me, he offers nothing, other than work rate. And we need a lot more than that from a winger IMO.

I think he is trying to hard with a lack of confidence just now so nothing is going right.

On his day he can beat a man, has a bit of pace about him and can score.

He has hit the post a few times this season, so he could of had 3-4 goals this season if luck had gone his way.

I'l reiterate that he has shown none of this in his recent matches, has had absolute stinkers and I dont like him in the team because his positioning for a right midfielder is at times very bad.

Cinikas was hung out to dry a couple of times, would rather of played black as a DM on the right flank, the way we did with sammy camazola, giving Wallace more space on the left to overlap with Ruben.

Only after being given a chance though.

I'm not saying Suso is particularly good, but this is the first transfer window where we've had a chance to "punt" him. And I seriously doubt that we will so early into his Hearts career, gash or not.

Guest JamboRobbo
I think he is trying to hard with a lack of confidence just now so nothing is going right.

On his day he can beat a man, has a bit of pace about him and can score.

He has hit the post a few times this season, so he could of had 3-4 goals this season if luck had gone his way.

I'l reiterate that he has shown none of this in his recent matches, has had absolute stinkers and I dont like him in the team because his positioning for a right midfielder is at times very bad.

Cinikas was hung out to dry a couple of times, would rather of played black as a DM on the right the way we did with sammy camazola, giving Wallace more space on the left to overlap with Ruben.

Agree regarding Black. And I guess Suso can occasionaly beat a man. The problem I have is even if he does beat a man and make a yard of space, he can't cross or shoot properly anyway.

I think it's about ability versus effort.

Suso's problem is ability. It's not something he's got any chance of learning at his age.

Obua's problem is effort. Whilst it seems less and less likely, there is always the chance that a player can improve his effort levels. Just look at Nade past few weeks.

Still say he has something to offer ability wise. Just lacks the work rate to justify a spot in the team each week.

Obua is decent, but has a heart the size of a pea. You cant learn that either unfortunately.

Guest JamboRobbo
Obua is decent, but has a heart the size of a pea. You cant learn that either unfortunately.

Pretty much agree, but stranger things have happened. Especially once a player who thought he was an automatic pick realises he's not.

Agree regarding Black. And I guess Suso can occasionaly beat a man. The problem I have is even if he does beat a man and make a yard of space, he can't cross or shoot properly anyway.

I'm not a fan of Suso, but anyone who was at the Bolton, Sunderland pre season matches will always hold small hope that he can reproduce these performances into the SPL.

The argument is of course that these are friendlies and I was suprised/shocked a week later how poor he was in our first league game against Dundee United.

Pretty much agree, but stranger things have happened. Especially once a player who thought he was an automatic pick realises he's not.

I'm probably being overly harsh on him, he actually seems to step up to the mark when the rest of his team are under performing.

Guest JamboRobbo
I'm not a fan of Suso, but anyone who was at the Bolton, Sunderland pre season matches will always hold small hope that he can reproduce these performances into the SPL.

The argument is of course that these are friendlies and I was suprised/shocked a week later how poor he was in our first league game against Dundee United.

We can but hope. But I cannie see it. And I was at both those pre-season games.

Guest JamboRobbo
I'm probably being overly harsh on him, he actually seems to step up to the mark when the rest of his team are under performing.

I think you're right to say he has a heart the size of a pea, cause there is little doubt in my mind he has more ability than a lot of players both at Hearts and in other teams in the SPL.

Yet he goes out week after week and contributes very little.

I just hope that somehow, something will change his attitude at some point.

Miller Jambo 60
I think you're right to say he has a heart the size of a pea, cause there is little doubt in my mind he has more ability than a lot of players both at Hearts and in other teams in the SPL.

Its up to the manager to sort it.

TBH anyone who is not 100% committed, then they should be punted.

Doug.

boabyarsebiscuit

I think the main problem with Obua is that he's basically thick.

He plays like he's still at Kaiser Chiefs and makes no allowances for the style of the Scottish game. As a result he's uniformly pish.

Subo (sic) on the other hand is just crap. We could have picked up someone his standard from the Juniors.

Guest JamboRobbo

He plays like he's still at Kaiser Chiefs and makes no allowances for the style of the Scottish game. As a result he's uniformly pish.

Subo (sic) on the other hand is just crap. We could have picked up someone his standard from the Juniors.

Aye, not sure what the issue is, maybe just thinks he's better than he is, but still hope that somehow, someday, Csaba will manage to motivate him to give a ****. :biggrin:

peebles jambo

probably better, the guy is gash

Archived