Suso the Spanish waiter/ballet dancer (merged threads)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

You have too ask the question WHO MADE THE DECISION TO SIGN HIM ? we had Chesney who was a hundred times better and we let him go why?

You having a laugh?

Chesney averaged about 0.5 games a season; he was the most injury-prone son of a bitch in Europe.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You having a laugh?

Chesney averaged about 0.5 games a season; he was the most injury-prone son of a bitch in Europe.

Apart from our record buy you mean!

Apart from our record buy you mean!

He SCORED A CRACKER AGAINST Partic When we won the BIG CUP :blink:

To be fair he played well in the Europa game. but apart from that TOTAL P--sh, he was rubbish yesterday:blink:

He SCORED A CRACKER AGAINST Partic When we won the BIG CUP :blink:

To be fair he played well in the Europa game. but apart from that TOTAL P--sh, he was rubbish yesterday:blink:

You have lost me?

I'm on about the bullet.

You having a laugh?

Thing is he's been playing almost non stop in Greece and just been offered a new 3 year deal. Kind of makes me think that most of the 'injuries' were the legendary 'vlad flu'. Plus he usualy turned up for the NT games.

Thing is he's been playing almost non stop in Greece and just been offered a new 3 year deal. Kind of makes me think that most of the 'injuries' were the legendary 'vlad flu'. Plus he usualy turned up for the NT games.

Always thought he was a better player than Miko.

Didn't he call Vlad strange in a newspaper article? May be the reason he had Vlad flu.

Always thought he was a better player than Miko.

Didn't he call Vlad strange in a newspaper article? May be the reason he had Vlad flu.

Well he was better when they both first arrived at Hearts. And now he seems to regained the form in Greece. Anyway he's doing much better there than Miko in Ukraine.

Sorry but can't remember the quote. Did he really say that? :D

Well he was better when they both first arrived at Hearts. And now he seems to regained the form in Greece. Anyway he's doing much better there than Miko in Ukraine.

Sure he said that Vlad can be strange at times and it was just before we never saw him for about a year.

Someone on Kickback will no doubt confirm or say i'm talking pish.

Is Miko getting his game in Kiev?

duckandcover

What I'm confused about is that at the game I got the impression that we gave the wee man a lot of support and we were chanting his name at one point and applauded him when he went off.

To be fair, I think some people on here are being extremely harsh on him, although I do agree that he has to screw the nut a bit.

Guest JamboRobbo

He said something about Vlad, then we "injured" for about a year and half.

Comparisons with Miko and Suso are ludicrous.

One is an international footballer who is capable of moments of sheer brilliance.

The other is a rank rotten Spanish third division player.

For all Miko's faults, and he had a few, he's 10 times the player Suso is.

Taking that a bit far imo. It`s funny, but quite laughable, everyone starts refering back to Miko because a player who takes over his role hasn`t quite hit it off.

Miko was the dross i wanted Hearts to get away from but unfortunately we haven`t quite done that yet although i`m prepared to give Suso some time and Templeton is a prospect.

Chad Sexington
Taking that a bit far imo. It`s funny, but quite laughable, everyone starts refering back to Miko because a player who takes over his role hasn`t quite hit it off.

Hasn't quite hit it off?

He's absolutely honking and delivers nothing to the team. Miko was no world beater but watching Suso makes me pine for him. Thats how bad Suso is.

boabyarsebiscuit

The coaching staff at Tenerife had it right. Suso is a Spanish Regional League player, about our Second Division standard. And if cold weather was going to be a problem what an earth is an SPL side doing signing him?

I don't know who came up with the idea to sign "Subo" (sic - many in the Lower Tier were referring to him as such on Sunday), but whoever it was, they got it badly wrong.

And he couldn't lace Miko's boots.

The coaching staff at Tenerife had it right. Suso is a Spanish Regional League player, about our Second Division standard. And if cold weather was going to be a problem what an earth is an SPL side doing signing him?

I don't know who came up with the idea to sign "Subo" (sic - many in the Lower Tier were referring to him as such on Sunday), but whoever it was, they got it badly wrong.

And he couldn't lace Miko's boots.

What a quote that is! :loved:

Either way we haven`t progressed on the right side but Templeton looks the best bet at the moment to nab that slot but obviously needs the time to prove himself.

Are some forgetting he was one of our best players until he was injured?

He came back to the snow, weather he isn't used to, and played poorly in 2 games.

Give the guy a break!

Guest Vanbasten1874

He came back to the snow, weather he isn't used to, and played poorly in 2 games.

Give the guy a break!

I think he's never seen a football before never mind fecking snow .

peebles jambo

Give the guy a break!

i've watched him in all our league games at home this season, and he has been p1sh the whole time, he will NEVER be good enough to wear the famous jersey:shocked666:

i've watched him in all our league games at home this season, and he has been p1sh the whole time, he will NEVER be good enough to wear the famous jersey:shocked666:

Now thats just pi sh. Your just generalising your feelings now instead of breaking his performances down.

Although you said league games he played well v Zagreb in the 2nd leg. He also was one of the few who done ok v Falkirk and Hamilton in dire games at Tynie.

Oh, and Killie.

He`s been poor in the last two games and may or may not recover or prove not to be good enough anyway. But i refuse to damn a player to the dustbin when his opening period at Hearts has been blighted by injury and self inflicted bans.

But you carry on, i love Hearts fans who give players 5 minutes to prove themselves.

portobellojambo1

Give the guy a break!

Get real, for Christ's sake

He played reasonably well in the first half of the friendly against Southampton, gave some hope, but since then he has given virtually nothing, other than a few runs which brought no end result.

It is a sad state of affairs, and reflects what some have now come to term acceptable, when players like Santana, Nade and Witteveen can manage to successfully control or pass the ball once or twice in a match and they are deemed to have had a good game. By their normal standards it possibly is good, but is that really the standard Hearts fans want or need.

Charlie-Brown

Suso's had a couple of stinkers recently since returning from injury however he isn't as bad a player as some on here are making out but it highlights the problem for those returning from injury (Suso / Driver etc) or those who would have been the reserves this season (Templeton, Novikovas, Mole, Cinikas, Visconte etc) is that without the SPL Reserve league these guys have played virtually no competitive football since last season and a result have to come back into the 1st team squad looking naturally rusty & off the pace ..... the younger players like C.Thomson, Robinson & G.Smith have at least been able to play competitive matches in the U19's as well as the 1st team.

Guest JamboRobbo
Suso's had a couple of stinkers recently since returning from injury however he isn't as bad a player as some on here are making out but it highlights the problem for those returning from injury (Suso / Driver etc) or those who would have been the reserves this season (Templeton, Novikovas, Mole, Cinikas, Visconte etc) is that without the SPL Reserve league these guys have played virtually no competitive football since last season and a result have to come back into the 1st team squad looking naturally rusty & off the pace ..... the younger players like C.Thomson, Robinson & G.Smith have at least been able to play competitive matches in the U19's as well as the 1st team.

Charlie, he tries hard, but so did Robbie Neilson. What abilities do you think Suso has shown, other than trying hard?

For me he dribbles too much , loses the ball frequently, can't see a pass very well, can't execute a pass very well if he does see it, can't cross the ball very well, isn't particularly quick, can't shoot very well, and taking all that into account, I struggle to see what he has to offer at SPL level?

No doubting his effort. But I don't see what he has going for him other than that, and effort only gets you so far. Especially as he's playing a position where he's meant to be a creative player for us.....

Chad Sexington

For me he dribbles too much , loses the ball frequently, can't see a pass very well, can't execute a pass very well if he does see it, can't cross the ball very well, isn't particularly quick, can't shoot very well, and taking all that into account, I struggle to see what he has to offer at SPL level?

And that's it in a nutshell.

I've seen enough of him to be convinced he just doesn't have the technical ability or awareness to cut it in the SPL.

The Mighty Thor
Get real, for Christ's sake

He played reasonably well in the first half of the friendly against Southampton, gave some hope, but since then he has given virtually nothing, other than a few runs which brought no end result.

It is a sad state of affairs, and reflects what some have now come to term acceptable, when players like Santana, Nade and Witteveen can manage to successfully control or pass the ball once or twice in a match and they are deemed to have had a good game. By their normal standards it possibly is good, but is that really the standard Hearts fans want or need.

That's about as accurate a summary of how low the expectation levels of many Hearts fans have fallen.

We've been fed/have signed what are in all reality sub-standard players for the last 3 years and collectively we've come to accept and almost rejoice in mediocrity. It's not all down to finance either, it's down to a lack of a scouting network and latterly a manager who couldn't pick a player to save his life. Again the clamour for Laszlo to have money to spend this window makes me very nervous.

Suso is as bad as Hearts have had in my 25 years + of watching them.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Have to agree with you Charlie. There is no real opportunity to get back to full match fitness, os players are expected to do this during crunch games. He shouldn't have started the game and should be introduced slowly back into the fray, as to expect anything like 100% when unfit is madness!

Guest JamboRobbo
Have to agree with you Charlie. There is no real opportunity to get back to full match fitness, os players are expected to do this during crunch games. He shouldn't have started the game and should be introduced slowly back into the fray, as to expect anything like 100% when unfit is madness!

Even when 100% fit, do you think he has done anything to show he can play at SPL level?

Can you tell me anything he has to offer other than "trying his hardest"?

Harry Kinnear

His effort against st Mirren when he just had to put the ball in the empty net summed it up for me, poor with little or no prospect for improvement unlike temps

He's murder.

Good news with Ces doing well in Greece. I still miss him at Tynecaslte, he's a stylish man.

He's murder.

Good news with Ces doing well in Greece. I still miss him at Tynecaslte, he's a stylish man.

That man was one stylish cat.

Frustrating as a player - dont think he was treated great by the club though.

Suso?

File under "Obua" - I'm starting to really despise the guy.

Keeps me happy though.

That man was one stylish cat.

Frustrating as a player - dont think he was treated great by the club though.

Suso?

File under "Obua" - I'm starting to really despise the guy.

Keeps me happy though.

Here's a question G-A, did he ever wear a hair band? I can't remember if he did or not when he first arrived.

Here's a question G-A, did he ever wear a hair band? I can't remember if he did or not when he first arrived.

I'm pretty sure Chesney and Miko both dabbled in the head band side of things for a few games - not long term though.

This club defo needs more players with head bands.

I'm pretty sure Chesney and Miko both dabbled in the head band side of things for a few games - not long term though.

Agreed.

The People's Chimp

Good news. And I'd agree about his "injuries."

Also agreed, and if not headbands, then at least a decent indie haircut and some sharp coats.

Guest JamboRobbo
loved his goal against smellic

Yep, but even that, like Witeveens goal against Rangers, was as much about poor goalkeeping as it was about any sort of quality in the strike.

jambos are go!

A run of good results but a lot of Kickbackers seem to get more kicks from kicking a foreigner. Suso performances and contribution has been on a par with young Robinson IMO. Better to come from both IMO.

Chad Sexington
A run of good results but a lot of Kickbackers seem to get more kicks from kicking a foreigner. Suso performances and contribution has been on a par with young Robinson IMO. Better to come from both IMO.

Here we go.

The old xenophobia card.

It has absolutely nothing to do with his nationality. It's all about his chronic lack of ability and nasty petulant attitude.

If he was from Dalry I would be saying the same thing. He's pish.

There were simliar threads about Miko at one point, but he found form and was actually one of few players willing to put in a shift in the horrible season we finished 8th. He also did well for Csaba the next season.

It doesnt help that on the pitch at least, he seems a throughly dislikable character.

I think there is potential for improvement...no doubt he had a stinker though.

boabyarsebiscuit

NOBODY did a headband better than Fernando Screpis.

When did folk start hating on our own players for being a wee dick on the park?

Sure he's a wee dick, but he's our wee dick.

NOBODY did a headband better than Fernando Screpis.

Pinilla was the a true leader of men when it came to headbands, Boaby.

I ****ing despise Obua, Feeno.

Suso is rapidly joining the elite club.

Chad Sexington

I could forgive him being a dick if he was any good.

Unfortunately, he's talentless.

Buffalo Bill

His closing down of a Sunderland player in pre-season is rapidly becoming the equivalent of Beslija's ?850,000 cross against Dundee Utd.

Chad Sexington
His closing down of a Sunderland player in pre-season is rapidly becoming the equivalent of Beslija's ?850,000 cross against Dundee Utd.

Hahaha :biggrin:

I could forgive him being a dick if he was any good.

Unfortunately, he's talentless.

I can live with that, I like the players that get involved in the aggro tho, I dont want that taken out of football.

Guest JamboRobbo

I think there is potential for improvement...no doubt he had a stinker though.

Miko's issue was application/concentration, rather than lack of basic football ability.

What do you think Suso has to offer to the team?

Ability to beat a man? To cross a ball? To keep posession? To pass? To score? For me, he offers nothing, other than work rate. And we need a lot more than that from a winger IMO.

Archived