Suso the Spanish waiter/ballet dancer (merged threads)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

The Mighty Thor
I seriously wonder about me watching football, I seem to be the only person in the world that thinks he isn't bad! I seem to remember the fans chanting his name yesterday.

I was certainly on my feet cheering when the fourth official held the board up with number 7 on it.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's not good enough and his lack of composure in front of goal has cost us dearly this season. His miss v St Mirren was one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen a player do in front of goal. He needs to be moved on ASAP and let's get someone else in or give Temps a run in the tea\m.

I'm not going to slag him off. He had a really poor game. He tried to cheat and I don't like to see that from any Hearts player!

My biggest surprise was Smith getting subbed before him. Csaba got that completely wrong!

We would probably have won otherwise!!!

ToadKiller Dog

I dont think Temps is physically strong enough yet for a long run of starts in the team ,that will come with time and giving him the right opportunities .

Was annoyed with Suzo ,he is a capable of being a difficult wee buzzing player for the opposition to deal with and i dont mind his aggressive streak if used correctly ,constantly he is taking the easy option ,going down etc . Needs a 3 hour lecture from Csaba .

I would rather see Suso in the first team than Obua.

He is clearly a poor quality footballer in terms of the SPL and a bad signing by Laszlo - but he does not hide on the pitch and puts in the effort. Unlike Laszlo's worst signing - Obua - who does hide. Cannot bear the shirkers.

Never went against your thread but the Hobo was all over him.

I would have panelled him.Doug FTHibs

then your team mates panel you for leaving them a man short, you havent quite grasped the aspect that footballs a team game and its easier when you have the full compliment of players

I seriously wonder about me watching football, I seem to be the only person in the world that thinks he isn't bad! I seem to remember the fans chanting his name yesterday.

suso is a chancer and a cheat, A cheat in the sense that he hides and shys out of tackles, cheating his own team mates and Hearts supporters.

It`s been a mixed bag from Suso this season but he`s been rank in the last two games.

I can understand players being rusty after being out a while and that the ball playing aspects may need re-tuning but there`s no excuse for jumping over tackles and not showing the proper input.

Early in the season Suso showed ti t bits of decent football but he`s struggling just now it seems. He needs to get the finger out fast but then again he may just not be good enough?

Creepy Lurker

I've stuck up for Suso a good few times on here and in real life, always thought that he was raw but had something to offer (if only willingness to get forward), but he was terrible yesterday and against Motherwell. Rapidly losing patience.

He is clearly a poor quality footballer in terms of the SPL and a bad signing by Laszlo - but he does not hide on the pitch and puts in the effort. Unlike Laszlo's worst signing - Obua - who does hide. Cannot bear the shirkers.

I think I'd honestly rather have Obua and I can't stand him either. Suso may not hide (imo he does) but once he sees the red mist, he is basically a man down.

Two horrific signings who should never have been anywhere near the SPL.

Guest JamboRobbo
I think I'd honestly rather have Obua and I can't stand him either. Suso may not hide (imo he does) but once he sees the red mist, he is basically a man down.

Two horrific signings who should never have been anywhere near the SPL.

One lacks commitment, one lacks talent.

I think we should rotate them. Once people get bored at shouting at one of them, bring the other one on.

I agree that he has been very poor in the last 2 games since he has come back from suspension, however I think some of the criticism on this thread is harsh in the extreme.

He has scored 2 goals this season (9% of our goals), has created chances and has had several other good opportunities, so to say he has "nothing to offer" is not true.

A new player, stepping up to a new league, from a different country is going to take time to adapt. Players with a lot more talent that Suso have found this difficult so I think we need to cut him a bit of slack.

2 goals is 2 more than the combined total of Templeton, Robinson, Glen, Mole etc. have have all seen a good bit of game time this season without ever looking like scoring. This is not a criticism of them, as there time will come, I am just trying to put some of the criticism of Suso into contect.

One thing I so agree with is that he needs to address his temper and petulance.

I think we should rotate them. Once people get bored at shouting at one of them, bring the other one on.

I think they both have a chronic lack of talent. I don't buy into the myth that Obua has talent.

The talented one is the young chap who got 5 minutes yesterday.

An embarassment.

He throws himself about like a wee lassie and has a face you would never tire of booting.

winston churchill
It's amazing that we've all come round to the same way of thinking as Allan Preston :)

He said "Suso is the worst Hearts player since me" and immediately became an erse in the eyes of the kickback massive.

Seems he can spot a mug quicker than most.

forget allan preston,or wee robbo for that matter.

i've had the wee ballet dancers card marked since i saw him diving and rolling around in germany pre season.

i'll say it again.

the hibs players did not even bother marking him yesterday.

Come on Coco the guy does hide.That was very clear yesterday and how he was clapped off the park by anyone was a mystery.

I'd play Obua before him everyday of the week.Not that Obua offers much but he is better than Subo.

boabyarsebiscuit

Unfortunately, Suso (wonderful goal at Celtic aside) looks very much a Tenerife regional league player. Which is all he basically is, he was unable to break into Tenerife's Segunda Liga side last year and was loaned out to the equivalent of a Saturday Amateur side.

He was woeful yesterday, and I thought he was lucky not to get sent off when he "fell over" near their shed at the corner of our end and the ref told him to get up and he promptly started arguing.

I was glad when Templeton came on.

winston churchill
I thought he was lucky not to get sent off when he "fell over" near their shed at the corner of our end and the ref told him to get up and he promptly started arguing.

he also got away with elbowing a hibs player off the ball in front of the coo shed.

Victor Mancini

its probably been posted all over the previous 4 pages but suso's delivery was poor yesterday and i'd rather we persevered in developing temps into the player he has the potential to be - rather than hope suso pulls something out the bag, i couldn't believe how late csaba left it to make the change, granted suso has confidence but his final ball and temper leave a lot to be desired IMO its not even passion its just pettiness

Disser Pointon

Couldnt see another thread on him (somewhat surprisingly), How the Feck did he stay on the park in nexcess of 80 minutes, I could happily have seen him subbed after 8!!??!! The wee man tries a lot but he is a very poor footballer and falls over looking for a free kick when he is in good positions to score.

Even though he is inexperienced it is Temps for me every time over him.

Disser Pointon
he does not like the snow...

He doesnt like the football either, so much so that he keeps booting it out of the park every opportunity he gets.

He was lucky to stay on the park yesterday (ie, not getting a red card) and his whole demeanour is so wrong.

Lets not forget him gobbing at Grainger of St. Johnstone earlier this season. That really disgusted me that any of our players would do this.

Frankenstein Jambo.

You'd think he'd commited murder with some of the comments on here.

I really don't think he did THAT bad. Not the greatest but he needs time to adjust to the SPL.

Suso the Spanish waiter? I've never heard such a lot of pish from a bunch of so-called Hearts fans.

Seems like a bit of a witch-hunt for the guy now, which is bizarre considering throughout our hellish start to the season i felt he was one of the only shining lights; with a goal at Celtic Park to boot.

We jump all over people far too quickly on here and it does my nut in. The lad hadn't seen snow until a fortnight ago, it's abnormal for him. He's a tryer though, which is more than can be said for a lot of the duds we've had in the Romanov era (let's not forget he's a Laszlo signing though)

Suso the Spanish waiter? I've never heard such a lot of pish from a bunch of so-called Hearts fans.

Seems like a bit of a witch-hunt for the guy now, which is bizarre considering throughout our hellish start to the season i felt he was one of the only shining lights; with a goal at Celtic Park to boot.

We jump all over people far too quickly on here and it does my nut in. The lad hadn't seen snow until a fortnight ago, it's abnormal for him. He's a tryer though, which is more than can be said for a lot of the duds we've had in the Romanov era (let's not forget he's a Laszlo signing though)

He is a non tryer.

He is a cheat.

He hides in games.

He has zero ability.

Worse than Miko.

He is a non tryer.

He is a cheat.

He hides in games.

He has zero ability.

Worse than Miko.

Non-tryer? NONSENSE.

Hides in games? He's been accused of many things but i can assure you he hasn't hid in games at all. Was he hiding when he belted one in at CP?

Cheat? Load of utter pish, you a Hibs fan?

Zero ability? He's certainly not the best player i've seen in maroon.

Mikoliunas, despite dosens of hellish performances for Hearts and the fact he's a spineless bassa, scored several very important goals for us. Often these were against Hibs. Note that people weren't moaning about Miko in a successful Hearts team but were eager to jump on his back when things weren't going well.

Your abuse of Suso is ill-informed and badly placed. He's had two bad games.

Go to bed.

Non-tryer? NONSENSE.

Hides in games? He's been accused of many things but i can assure you he hasn't hid in games at all. Was he hiding when he belted one in at CP?

Mikoliunas, despite dosens of hellish performances for Hearts and the fact he's a spineless bassa, scored several very important goals for us. Often these were against Hibs. Note that people weren't moaning about Miko in a successful Hearts team but were eager to jump on his back when things weren't going well.

Go to bed.

Your a cracker you.

Hibee on the wind up IMO.

Run along there's a good lad.

Your a cracker you.

Hibee on the wind up IMO.

Run along there's a good lad.

Behave yourself, i've been on the board for years.

Your abuse of Suso is making you out to be a four-game-a-season Hearts fan who thinks they know it all. I knew you didn't have a clue when you referred to him as a 'non tryer'; which is about the only thing you can't accuse the lad of.

Honestly, i think he's pingin' your wife by the way you're having a go at him. No wonder, TBF.

Sleep on it.

Independence
Non-tryer? NONSENSE.

Go to bed.

I agree but the knives are out!!!!

He had a poor game at Er but you cannot criticise him for not trying. If anything he allowed his enthusiasm to take over at times. Csaba played him blame him!!!!!!

I agree but the knives are out!!!!

He had a poor game at Er but you cannot criticise him for not trying. If anything he allowed his enthusiasm to take over at times. Csaba played him blame him!!!!!!

Exactly.

Calling him a non-tryer is absolute nonsense.

Behave yourself, i've been on the board for years.

Your abuse of Suso is making you out to be a four-game-a-season Hearts fan who thinks they know it all. I knew you didn't have a clue when you referred to him as a 'non tryer'; which is about the only thing you can't accuse the lad of.

Honestly, i think he's pingin' your wife by the way you're having a go at him. No wonder, TBF.

Sleep on it.

Cringeworthy.

How would we know the difference? :fam13:

As Borthers mentioned earlier on in the thread, there does seem to be a tendency at the moment for people on this board to have at least one whipping boy on the go at all times and it appears that it's Suso's turn. Criticism is fine but a little perspective would be good.

Suso has has a strange start to his first season in Scotland and while he's obviously not the best player in the world and has made a few unfortunate blunders in front of goal, he has made himself a right nuisance for the opposition in many of the games he's played - the unfortunate part being that there hasn't been much in the way of an end product. His blunders aside, the blame for that lies also with his team mates. He certainly isn't the worst player I've ever seen in a maroon shirt and clearly has some modicum of talent but if he doesn't settle down and find some consistency he's going to find himself out on the sidelines very soon I reckon.

However, in saying that, I was really annoyed with him yesterday. A few things didn't come off for him but sinking into petulant aggression is no good to anyone (and certainly no help to his team mates), he was ridiculously childish. The Hibs players noticed and were doing their utmost to wind him up but you can't blame them for taking advantage, especially not when it's just so blimmin easy to rile him. It's a very unpleasant trait which won't make him any friends in the Hearts support, he needs to grow the hell up.

He is a non tryer. Most of the time. The rest of the time his efforts are either misguided or mischanneled.

He is a cheat. Yep, whether its because he is from a different footballing culture or whatever he is a consistent diver (and not a very good one at that !).

He hides in games. Yep, again I agree. He leaves the full back exposed by allowing easy one twos, he doesnt track back well and he takes the easy option in terms of showing for the ball.

He has zero ability. Its certainly starting to look like he is very very limited. He cannot shoot for toffee as his technique is completely inept.

Worse than Miko. Miko was/is a miles better footballer than Santana will ever be.

Agree with virtually all of that. He is basically as thick as Nacho Novo but without any of the ability.

Independence
Agree with virtually all of that. He is basically as thick as Nacho Novo but without any of the ability.

Way of the mark with saying he is a non tryer!

As I said before you should be blaming the manager he keeps picking him!!!

However, in saying that, I was really annoyed with him yesterday. A few things didn't come off for him but sinking into petulant aggression is no good to anyone (and certainly no help to his team mates), he was ridiculously childish. The Hibs players noticed and were doing their utmost to wind him up but you can't blame them for taking advantage, especially not when it's just so blimmin easy to rile him. It's a very unpleasant trait which won't make him any friends in the Hearts support, he needs to grow the hell up.

Why are you turning him into a whipping boy? Criticism is fine but a little perspective is good.

Why are you turning him into a whipping boy? Criticism is fine but a little perspective is good.

Bored tonight, Ken?

There's a big difference between calling him every name under the sun or accusing him of being the worst player ever, and criticising him for his rotten attitude yesterday. But I think you already knew that.

Chad Sexington

Comparisons with Miko and Suso are ludicrous.

One is an international footballer who is capable of moments of sheer brilliance.

The other is a rank rotten Spanish third division player.

For all Miko's faults, and he had a few, he's 10 times the player Suso is.

One is an international footballer who is capable of moments of sheer brilliance.

I agree.

Then we should be asking why did Laszlo let Miko (and Chesney) go and bring in Suso?

Way of the mark with saying he is a non tryer!

As I said before you should be blaming the manager he keeps picking him!!!

As I said, in my opinion any effort he puts in is misguided or ill advised. My suspicion is its because he is as thick as two short planks. I think his over agression at inappropriate times is seen by some as effort when in fact he is a liability and trying to create issues with opponents doesnt actually achieve an awful lot for the team as a whole. I wacthed him closely several times yesterday when he had lost possesion and he completely gave up not even bothering to chase back. Thats when he should be increasing his effort not by getting involved in petty side issues.

My one criticism of Csaba yesterday as I have already stated was that Suso should have been off if not before certainly when the Hobos levelled. He will certainly get it in the neck from me if he continues to play week in week out ahead of more deserving others (all be it several were out yesterday).

Chad Sexington
I agree.

Then we should be asking why did Laszlo let Miko (and Chesney) go and bring in Suso?

Tbh, I think Miko was a busted flush in this country after the Scotland game.

The media and GFA made him a marked man.

It was best for all concerned that he got out,IMO.

Bored tonight, Ken?

There's a big difference between calling him every name under the sun or accusing him of being the worst player ever, and criticising him for his rotten attitude yesterday. But I think you already knew that.

If a Hearts player turns in that sort of performance against the vermin then he deserves everything he gets.

Just found it funny that you got your wee moan in and then had a go at him yourself, that's all.

Absolutely spot on.

C'mon now Coco thats a nonsense comment. Both of those players suffered from the ridiculous way the owner ran the club for at least two years. Both had some talent but found themselves embroiled in plenty controversy much of which was caused by VR.

If a Hearts player turns in that sort of performance against the vermin then he deserves everything he gets.

Just found it funny that you got your wee moan in and then had a go at him yourself, that's all.

Ah, I see, I'm sorry you misunderstood....and there was me thinking you were just being nippy. Gotcha.

I agree. He was one of our best players. Bet no one was complaining then!

People should realise he's playing in weather he's likely to have never seen before, so obviously he's not used to it.

Give him a break.

You have too ask the question WHO MADE THE DECISION TO SIGN HIM ? we had Chesney who was a hundred times better and we let him go why ?

This impostor must be punted to let Templeton :blink:

Archived