• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

9 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Tua 🙄😡🙄

Say what you like about Tua, but he always seems to come back from throwing an interception to lead Miami down for a score in response. A short memory is a good sign for a QB...I think Book is hoping his memory from last night has totally been lost.

Now it's time for the Tannehill Bowl next week, followed by the Alabama QB Bowl in week 18 with the playoffs on the line...after starting 1-7!

Edited by PortyJambo

58 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

Say what you like about Tua, but he always seems to come back from throwing an interception to lead Miami down for a score in response. A short memory is a good sign for a QB...I think Book is hoping his memory from last night has totally been lost.

Now it's time for the Tannehill Bowl next week, followed by the Alabama QB Bowl in week 18 with the playoffs on the line...after starting 1-7!

Oh he drives me mad watching him but fair play he came up with the big throw last night when he needed to. The defence helped him though and his wee pal Waddle. 

Might need the brown underwear on for Sunday though 😁

2 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Oh he drives me mad watching him but fair play he came up with the big throw last night when he needed to. The defence helped him though and his wee pal Waddle. 

I was nervous for last night's game, was set up for a classic Miami letdown when they should (and did) easily win. At least the early INT for a TD calmed the nerves quickly for me. But, yes, brown underwear will be required for Sunday.

17 hours ago, ri Alban said:

They've hated each other forever. And you should never put your finger in someone's face, you may get punched.

Aye, not a great idea in the alpha male world that is the NFL.

Do Allen and Payne have history?

1 hour ago, No Idle Talk said:

Aye, not a great idea in the alpha male world that is the NFL.

Do Allen and Payne have history?

Alabama I think?

On 28/12/2021 at 13:17, neilnunb said:

🤣 just sae the score and highlights. Though the throw that Lattimore picked off. Holy **** you or I wouldn’t have thrown that. If he cuts out the brainfarts though…..

8-7 from 1-7 none of us would have predicted that. At least one more season of Flores ball now. 

I wrote on this thread around the last Superbowl time and had said I really wanted to get into the sport and didn't know what team to follow/like.

After watching most weeks and alot of the highlights of games I missed, for anyone who is interested, I can't see past the Bengals and in particular Joe Burrow.

Teams I have found it easy to dislike for reasons as simple as not liking the name or jersey or because the QB would be the Packers and the Giants, but have really taken a dislike to the Ravens.

Thanks to the poster again (can't remember who it was or what page) who took alot of time out to explain the rules and roles as it helped alot and I really enjoy the sport now.

Edited by 151
Forgot about Baltimore.

21 minutes ago, 151 said:

I wrote on this thread around the last Superbowl time and had said I really wanted to get into the sport and didn't know what team to follow/like.

After watching most weeks and alot of the highlights of games I missed, for anyone who is interested, I can't see past the Bengals and in particular Joe Burrow.

Teams I have found it easy to dislike for reasons as simple as not liking the name or jersey or because the QB would be the Packers and the Giants, but have really taken a dislike to the Ravens.

Thanks to the poster again (can't remember who it was or what page) who took alot of time out to explain the rules and roles as it helped alot and I really enjoy the sport now.

That's it then. Packers v Ravens Superbowl. :jj_facepalm:jinx.

Bengals will lose their last games and miss out. The Colts or Chiefs will win the AFC title. I'd say the Packers for the NFC, but AR is a shitbag, so I'll say Rams.

7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

That's it then. Packers v Ravens Superbowl. :jj_facepalm:jinx.

Bengals will lose their last games and miss out. The Colts or Chiefs will win the AFC title. I'd say the Packers for the NFC, but AR is a shitbag, so I'll say Rams.

Yeh by the looks of it the Packers are the dominant force albeit I don't really know alot about the strength of all the sides yet and also don't fully understand the 'road' to the SB yet.

Have been downloading/watching "Man In The Arena Tom Brady" where each episode is a superbowl win.  Being a big Pats fan has been a great watch.  First episode was fascinating with Drew Bledsoe signing a 100m 10 year deal then getting a big hit and got internal bleading...giving Brady the opportunity to come in and Pats won the SB.  Some great interviewing with Bledsoe and his selfless attitude during the season.  Has also been quite remarkable about how ruthless Belichik was with some of the cuts/trades he did - for the betterment of the team.

On ESPN - not sure if available over here yet...but worth a watch when it is.

1 hour ago, 151 said:

Best way of doing it, plus the Bengals aren’t a successful franchise either so definitely no glory hunting there! 

Similar as to why I picked Lions. Watched Stafford launch bombs at Calvin Johnson and was hooked. 

22 hours ago, 151 said:

That might have been me, had I known you'd end up picking the bloody Bengals I wouldn't have bothered!!

21 hours ago, Ribble said:

That might have been me, had I known you'd end up picking the bloody Bengals I wouldn't have bothered!!

:greggy:

Haha cheers though, it gave me a good start to getting my head around it all. 

22 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Antonio Brown being Antonio Brown. 

Came here to post this exact comment.

:rofl:

Boy is a pure rocket

Malinga the Swinga

Antonio Brown is a first class a**hole. Had so many chances but he's a dick wherever he goes.

In other news Washington need a QB. TH is ****ing hopeless.

luckyBatistuta
16 hours ago, Cade said:

Wanktonio Brown fired

:gok:

It should be a jaw dropping moment watching someone do that during a game, but it’s just a meh, it’s Antonio Clown. The guy could easily have been in Canton with his talent.

1 superbowl ring, 7 pro bowls.

Guy can still play at the very top of the game when he wants to.

But he only wants to once every few months.

I have doubts that anybody will be desperate enough to hire him now.

And I have doubts that he'll reach his 40th birthday.

33 minutes ago, Cade said:

1 superbowl ring, 7 pro bowls.

Guy can still play at the very top of the game when he wants to.

But he only wants to once every few months.

I have doubts that anybody will be desperate enough to hire him now.

And I have doubts that he'll reach his 40th birthday.

Do you think the hits he's taken have anything to do with his behaviour, Cade?. Or has he always been the same.

J.T.F.Robertson
16 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Do you think the hits he's taken have anything to do with his behaviour, Cade?. Or has he always been the same.

Try the Burfict hit a few years ago. (won't let me embed)

Traumatic brain injury is certainly a possible trigger for personality change.

Just ask James Cracknell and Bev Turner about that.

Not being a close personal friend or a medical professional, I can't judge if Antonio Brown is a victim of this kind of thing, or if he's just a prick.

I think he’s spent his life around enablers and this is just who he is.

Or he has some sort of personality disorder.

Good to see Big Ben sign off at Heinz Field with a win v the Browns last night, Baker Mayfield won't be in a hurry to return after being sacked 9 times last night, 4 of them from TJ Watt who is only 1 sack away from the all-time regular season sack record

J.T.F.Robertson
7 hours ago, Ribble said:

Good to see Big Ben sign off at Heinz Field with a win v the Browns last night, Baker Mayfield won't be in a hurry to return after being sacked 9 times last night, 4 of them from TJ Watt who is only 1 sack away from the all-time regular season sack record

AND he missed 2 games.