**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

See that running to the screen thingy. It's daein my nut in. 

Like the wee dances and such, but the D running to the camera annoys me 

• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

luckyBatistuta
27 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Ravens v Steelers now on Tuesday

Obviously The Cowboys game on Thursday now cancelled,  wish they could get another game to fill that slot😞

Steelers aren’t going to be happy about this I would presume. The key players who the Ravens were going to have missing to COVID might be able to play now.

5 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Obviously The Cowboys game on Thursday now cancelled,  wish they could get another game to fill that slot😞

Steelers aren’t going to be happy about this I would presume. The key players who the Ravens were going to have missing to COVID might be able to play now.

We’ll just be happy it’s not on thanksgiving anymore, our record in games actually on thanksgiving makes hibs derby record look impressive

J.T.F.Robertson

Starting to wonder if this season will be played out.

It was always going to be an ask but things are looking decidedly dodgy and they won't improve. It's even had the unmitigated gall to hit us.

1 hour ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Starting to wonder if this season will be played out.

It was always going to be an ask but things are looking decidedly dodgy and they won't improve. It's even had the unmitigated gall to hit us.

They'll do anything to stop Washington, now they're on a roll to winning the Superbowl. 

Typical! :vangry:

:D

The more I think about. Those narrow defeats by The Giants, which we throw away(And the lions game) don't half make our standing look worse than it is. We should be 7 and 4, not 4 and 7. So I'm actually thinking, yeah, we'll win this division. And we'll deserve our place post season. 

Back of the Bus
12 hours ago, ri Alban said:

The more I think about. Those narrow defeats by The Giants, which we throw away(And the lions game) don't half make our standing look worse than it is. We should be 7 and 4, not 4 and 7. So I'm actually thinking, yeah, we'll win this division. And we'll deserve our place post season. 

The Giants are coming onto a game after a solid win against the Eagles in week 10. Daniel Jones seems to have sorted out his turnover nightmare. Win against the Bengals today and we’re right in the mix. 

3 hours ago, Back of the Bus said:

The Giants are coming onto a game after a solid win against the Eagles in week 10. Daniel Jones seems to have sorted out his turnover nightmare. Win against the Bengals today and we’re right in the mix. 

:angry:

17 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Dolphins back to winning ways...the Jets just being the Jets. 🙂

Every week I check the thread to ensure the Jets have not cocked it up by winning

Last is first and the first choice will be a new quarterback and they can get the number one choice.....the starting point for change

3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Every week I check the thread to ensure the Jets have not cocked it up by winning

Last is first and the first choice will be a new quarterback and they can get the number one choice.....the starting point for change

Haha you gotta love the American sports where teams deliberately become shite. 😀

27 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Jets have so many deficiencies they'd be wasting a pick on a QB.

Darnold is decent. Gase and his play calling are not.

The QB whisperer.

Must be whispering the play calls.

Thought I was done for in fantasy this week, then along comes Tyreek Hill with a lovely 57 fantasy points haul so far and it’s still the 3rd quarter!

J.T.F.Robertson
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Derrick Henry obliterates Indy. 

Tyreek Hill following suit at Tampa, 260 odd yards and only just starting the fourth.

5 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Tyreek Hill following suit at Tampa, 260 odd yards and only just starting the fourth.

KC nearly made a hawmaws of it. 

Back of the Bus
11 hours ago, ri Alban said:

:angry:

A good win despite a murder pass interference call in the end zone that let the Bengals back into it. 

Jones’ hamstring is burst though. What was gonna be an uphill charge has just been made harder. 

Nice to be top thanks to our record against a certain Washington mob. 😉

Edited by Back of the Bus

10 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

The QB whisperer.

Must be whispering the play calls.

:lol:

The man's an absolute fraud. Safe to say the Jets will be his last HC gig.

10 hours ago, Ribble said:

Thought I was done for in fantasy this week, then along comes Tyreek Hill with a lovely 57 fantasy points haul so far and it’s still the 3rd quarter!

****ing brutal eh 😂

Nucky Thompson
11 hours ago, Ribble said:

I've got Hill and Henry in both kickback dynasty leagues. Lovely 

3 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

:lol:

The man's an absolute fraud. Safe to say the Jets will be his last HC gig.

Unless another team want the number 1 pick next season, he's the best bet to help them get it!

luckyBatistuta

Is it just me that doesn’t get this hype around Taysom Hill🤷‍♂️ There is no way that the Saints are winning a Superb Bowl whilst he is the QB imo. I know the scoreline suggests it was an absolute walkover, but that was a shockingly poor Broncos they were up against, yet it felt like they were making hard work of it. Some very poor decision making in the pocket, just another gimmick QB who will disappear soon enough. Just can’t believe the hype on some websites...Superman etc🤯

37 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Is it just me that doesn’t get this hype around Taysom Hill🤷‍♂️ There is no way that the Saints are winning a Superb Bowl whilst he is the QB imo. I know the scoreline suggests it was an absolute walkover, but that was a shockingly poor Broncos they were up against, yet it felt like they were making hard work of it. Some very poor decision making in the pocket, just another gimmick QB who will disappear soon enough. Just can’t believe the hype on some websites...Superman etc🤯

Nah I agree too. Its not like he's a young guy either.

While he can be a car crash at times, I'd be playing Winston.

luckyBatistuta
4 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Nah I agree too. Its not like he's a young guy either.

While he can be a car crash at times, I'd be playing Winston.

That’s exactly what I was screaming at my iPad. Winston definitely has his issues, but still.  He’s got arguably the number one WR and pass catching RB alongside him and just standing there clueless, or running two yards into traffic and yet some press drooling over him🤪

Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

That’s exactly what I was screaming at my iPad. Winston definitely has his issues, but still.  He’s got arguably the number one WR and pass catching RB alongside him and just standing there clueless, or running two yards into traffic and yet some press drooling over him🤪

At least the neutrals would be entertained with Winny starting 😂

luckyBatistuta
3 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

At least the neutrals would be entertained with Winny starting 😂

Aye, he’s always entertaining, that’s a definite🤣

btw, think I might just catch you tonight

4 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Aye, he’s always entertaining, that’s a definite🤣

btw, think I might just catch you tonight

I'm choosing to stay positive 🤣

In all seriousness though I'm not making the playoffs, been terrible at RB all season without CMC.

luckyBatistuta
28 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

In all seriousness though I'm not making the playoffs, been terrible at RB all season without CMC.

Yeah, he was immense for you last year. So many top players missed time this season. I’m not making them either though😞 both still in the running in the KickbackBowl though. I’m 50pts clear, but still sweating on tonight’s game. He has 4 players and I’ve got 2, but he’s still got two RB’s and Russell Wilson😬

Edited by luckyBatistuta

3 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Yeah, he was immense for you last year. So many top players missed time this season. I’m not making them either though😞 both still in the running in the KickbackBowl though. I’m 50pts clear, but still sweating on tonight’s game. He has 4 players and I’ve got 2, but he’s still got two RB’s and Russell Wilson😬

My support cast isn't good enough, im having to start Duke Johnson and Wilkins next week 🙈

7 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I’ve had such a weird fantasy season in the idp, having finished runner up last season, I lost the first 7 weeks with a pretty much full squad, got decimated by injuries and now on course for a fifth straight win?!?

That said it’d be a miracle if I make the playoffs even if I win out the rest of the season

7 hours ago, Ribble said:

I’ve had such a weird fantasy season in the idp, having finished runner up last season, I lost the first 7 weeks with a pretty much full squad, got decimated by injuries and now on course for a fifth straight win?!?

That said it’d be a miracle if I make the playoffs even if I win out the rest of the season

Some turnaround mate.

I've had a bit of a wobble last couple weeks after looking nailed on but looking likely for the win this week which should pretty much seal my spot. My division is insane though.

There's me on 7-4 then 5 on 6-5 and then another on 5-6.

4 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Some turnaround mate.

I've had a bit of a wobble last couple weeks after looking nailed on but looking likely for the win this week which should pretty much seal my spot. My division is insane though.

There's me on 7-4 then 5 on 6-5 and then another on 5-6.

IDP league seems to have put steelers/ravens players down as a bye week, what happens for next week, do we get points for the game on Wed (if it happens) or from whoever the ravens/steelers play monday next week?

48 minutes ago, Ribble said:

IDP league seems to have put steelers/ravens players down as a bye week, what happens for next week, do we get points for the game on Wed (if it happens) or from whoever the ravens/steelers play monday next week?

I seen on their twitter they are trying to make a software change that keeps the game for this week, it's having a knock on with waivers etc.

Whatever happens, there won't be double points for week 13 👍

6 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I seen on their twitter they are trying to make a software change that keeps the game for this week, it's having a knock on with waivers etc.

Whatever happens, there won't be double points for week 13 👍

yeah don’t think it actually impacts anyone this week but seen one game was something like 0.6 points separating two folk, luckily the guy that is missing one player from the steelers ravens game was the one ahead, I’d have been raging if I’d lost by less than a point haha