Jump to content
Sterling Archer

**The NFL Thread**

Recommended Posts

Sharpie
3 hours ago, Ribble said:

 

Ah ok, can't see it myself, they're not strong enough defensively for me to see them going all the way, you just can't give up 400+ yards a game and win the super bowl, no matter how good your offense is

I watch Seahawks games, this year with all the things that are going on, Covid, Trump, personal, I don't get too hyped about Super Bowl or the big game. If Hawks lost Wilson their season would be gone, but I have to say their five games this season have all been worth watching, and a very welcome break and absence of lifes stresses. We all love the debate about our sports team, but the truth is they are really a commercial form of entertainment, and Seahawks are fulfilling this season their obligation to entertain and relieve lifes problems. for a few hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
J.T.F.Robertson
2 hours ago, Sharpie said:

I watch Seahawks games, this year with all the things that are going on, Covid, Trump, personal, I don't get too hyped about Super Bowl or the big game. If Hawks lost Wilson their season would be gone, but I have to say their five games this season have all been worth watching, and a very welcome break and absence of lifes stresses. We all love the debate about our sports team, but the truth is they are really a commercial form of entertainment, and Seahawks are fulfilling this season their obligation to entertain and relieve lifes problems. for a few hours.

 

Much like Hearts. :angry:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sharpie
16 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

 

Much like Hearts. :angry:

 

 

 

Yes I guess its some type of mental weakness, but with Hearts especially 

I have found that as in life one should never give up hope and love.

 

Edited by Sharpie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
J.T.F.Robertson
18 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

 

Yes I guess its some type of mental weakness, but with Hearts especially 

I have found that as in life one should never give up hope and love.

 

 

Aye, and throw in a sprinkling of masochism. ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

Chargers lose again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hmfc_liam06
21 hours ago, Sharpie said:

I watch Seahawks games, this year with all the things that are going on, Covid, Trump, personal, I don't get too hyped about Super Bowl or the big game. If Hawks lost Wilson their season would be gone, but I have to say their five games this season have all been worth watching, and a very welcome break and absence of lifes stresses. We all love the debate about our sports team, but the truth is they are really a commercial form of entertainment, and Seahawks are fulfilling this season their obligation to entertain and relieve lifes problems. for a few hours.

 

A pretty big departure from what the Seahawks have been in recent years, a team built on run first and formidible defense. I'd actually tune in to one of their games now :lol:

 

Re Wilson, you could say the same about a lot of teams, the Packers would drop like a stone without Rodgers this season, same for the Ravens.

 

FWIW Seahawks were my tip for the Super Bowl this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sharpie
3 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

 

A pretty big departure from what the Seahawks have been in recent years, a team built on run first and formidible defense. I'd actually tune in to one of their games now :lol:

 

Re Wilson, you could say the same about a lot of teams, the Packers would drop like a stone without Rodgers this season, same for the Ravens.

 

FWIW Seahawks were my tip for the Super Bowl this year.

 We will see how important a quarterback can be when we watch Dallas now. What a shocking injury to see happen. May be finished for good. accepted a one year contract, because he wanted to hit big renewing for next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hmfc_liam06
1 minute ago, Sharpie said:

 We will see how important a quarterback can be when we watch Dallas now. What a shocking injury to see happen. May be finished for good. accepted a one year contract, because he wanted to hit big renewing for next season.

 

Cowboys may be fortunate in that they have Dalton. Obviously nothing compared to Dak but a very able replacement. Not many teams will have as good a backup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta
20 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

 

Cowboys may be fortunate in that they have Dalton. Obviously nothing compared to Dak but a very able replacement. Not many teams will have as good a backup.

I know it sounds mad saying this because Dak is far superior to Dalton, but I think this is going to help the Cowboys this season. I think that because Dalton isn’t the calibre of player that  Dak is, they will lean more on Zeke. This was something they had moved away from this season, because of the outrageous talent they have at WR. If they get back to this, then I think they will be a more balanced attack and also be able to control the clock, thus helping out a very poor defense.

Edited by luckyBatistuta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I know it sounds mad saying this because Dak is far superior to Dalton, but I think this is going to help the Cowboys this season. I think that because Dalton isn’t the calibre of player that  Dak is, they will lean more on Zeke. This was something they had moved away from this season, because of the outrageous talent they have at WR. If they get back to this, then I think they will be a more balanced attack and also be able to control the clock, thus helping out a very poor defense.

 

Yeah there's definitely merit there.

 

I don't think many, if any teams, have as good a backup as the Cowboys do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

 

Yeah there's definitely merit there.

 

I don't think many, if any teams, have as good a backup as the Cowboys do.


Yeah, definitely one of the top backups out there. Hopefully Dak is back soon though. He seems like a decent guy and was definitely deserving of a top contract after the way he’s been performing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta

Well, never saw that one coming. Le’Veon Bell signing for the Chiefs😱😱😱 
 

Glad I’ve not got CEH in fantasy now.
 

Where are the Chiefs getting all this money🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
J.T.F.Robertson
2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Well, never saw that one coming. Le’Veon Bell signing for the Chiefs😱😱😱 
 

Glad I’ve not got CEH in fantasy now.
 

Where are the Chiefs getting all this money🤷‍♂️

 

Must be well under this so-called salary cap.

Chooses a no-hoper in the Jets, now, after raking it in there, jumps to the other end of the success spectrum. 

Flip the mercenary coin; Antonio Brown or him.

We could have won Super Bowls with them, but not with how they've "performed" since both deciding they were better than the organisation which made them what they are.

Feck 'em. 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ribble
On 11/10/2020 at 23:44, J.T.F.Robertson said:

 

Canadian anaw! :)

We have a ways to go though. Our O-line really needs to improve their run blocking and the secondary, if our blitz doesn’t get the job done, makes me nervous.

Still, I'll take where we are at the mo, and see how next week against the broons goes. (they are finally on the up)

 


Browns maybe not so much on the up, steelers 24-7 at the half, mayfield sacked 3 times and picked twice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saughton Jambo

What a find in Chase Claypool. Can’t see Juju being here next season.  The guy is awesome 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saughton Jambo
On 16/10/2020 at 02:17, J.T.F.Robertson said:

 

Must be well under this so-called salary cap.

Chooses a no-hoper in the Jets, now, after raking it in there, jumps to the other end of the success spectrum. 

Flip the mercenary coin; Antonio Brown or him.

We could have won Super Bowls with them, but not with how they've "performed" since both deciding they were better than the organisation which made them what they are.

Feck 'em. 😊

The jets need to pay him his guaranteed money this season at £6M and the chiefs can sign him for the veteran league minimum of $650k with a signing bonus that keeps him under their cap. He’ll earn more from the jets than the chiefs this year. Anyway, break a leg Le’Veon,  as they say in the theatre parlance 😩

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ribble
54 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

What a find in Chase Claypool. Can’t see Juju being here next season.  The guy is awesome 


looks an incredible find for steelers, not so sure about the mapletron nickname though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peebo
26 minutes ago, Ribble said:


looks an incredible find for steelers, not so sure about the mapletron nickname though!

They used a second round draft pick on him, so suspect that it won’t be that incredible to them if he turns out to be consistently good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
J.T.F.Robertson
2 hours ago, Ribble said:


Browns maybe not so much on the up, steelers 24-7 at the half, mayfield sacked 3 times and picked twice

 

Defence played awesome, but Mayfield was far from 100%. Ah well.

 

1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

What a find in Chase Claypool. Can’t see Juju being here next season.  The guy is awesome 

 

I kinda think Ju Ju was/is destined to leave in any case.

 

1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

The jets need to pay him his guaranteed money this season at £6M and the chiefs can sign him for the veteran league minimum of $650k with a signing bonus that keeps him under their cap. He’ll earn more from the jets than the chiefs this year. Anyway, break a leg Le’Veon,  as they say in the theatre parlance 😩

 

Quite honestly, K, how that cap thing works is way ower ma heid.

 

41 minutes ago, Ribble said:


looks an incredible find for steelers, not so sure about the mapletron nickname though!

 

It's early days but if he keeps it up they can give him any nickname they like. :)

 

Sounding as if Devin Bush has a bad one. :(

 

 

 

Edited by J.T.F.Robertson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
J.T.F.Robertson
11 minutes ago, Peebo said:

They used a second round draft pick on him, so suspect that it won’t be that incredible to them if he turns out to be consistently good. 

 

Our second rounder was our first, if you get what I mean. (Minkah)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peebo
2 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

 

Our second rounder was our first, if you get what I mean. (Minkah)

Yes, I understand what you mean. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
J.T.F.Robertson

 

The sickly colour Bay Packers are looking a bit too good for my liking.

 

Hopefully be taking this back. About the first time I've EVER wanted Brady to win a game.

 

 

Edited by J.T.F.Robertson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
J.T.F.Robertson
49 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

 

The sickly colour Bay Packers are looking a bit too good for my liking.

 

 

Jeez I'm a slaver. :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

 Can't even beat the Giants. :facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ribble

Just as the Steelers start looking really good, Bush out for the season with his ACL, despite only really having Spillane (who done well yesterday) and an out of favour Gilbert III  as natural ILB's (Marcus Allen can switch from safety) I can't see us picking up anyone else as cover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamhammer

Bengals blowing a 21 point lead.

Why did I watch Hard Knocks when THEY were on it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sooperstar

Tua about to be named starter for the Fins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ribble

Steelers off to a great start against the titans, opening drive td and forced the Titans to punt from 4 and 15 almost on their own goal line 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
J.T.F.Robertson

 

Easie peasie. 😨

 

 

Edited by J.T.F.Robertson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

Take that Cowboys! 

 

:yas:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

Seahawks Cardinals is a good game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

:facepalm: 15 yard penalty

 

::facepaw:: Missed fieldgoal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

Seahawks blow it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta
7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Seahawks blow it. 


Just finished watching it, what a game, it had everything. As you say, the Seahawks blew it, but credit to the Cardinals defense for stepping up at the end of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta
25 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Hey @luckyBatistuta...bring some lube next time!

 

:lol:


 

 

6C60DA99-81AD-44EB-89AD-3E2581748E6C.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta

OBJ out for the season, torn ACL

 

Dede Westbrook too

 

 

Edited by luckyBatistuta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
3 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:


Just finished watching it, what a game, it had everything. As you say, the Seahawks blew it, but credit to the Cardinals defense for stepping up at the end of the game.

That 15 yard penalty. He'll get his baws kicked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta
50 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

That 15 yard penalty. He'll get his baws kicked. 


And rightly so🤪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ribble
17 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

 

Easie peasie. 😨

 

 

 

An incredible first half got the result (as tight at the end as it was), restricting that Titans team to 77 yards in the first half shows how good the Steelers D can be (despite missing the defensive captain Bush)

 

My one worry for the Steelers is that due to the game last night being played on what would have been our bye week, we're not playing right through to the end of the season without a break although that said with a 6-0 start we could potentially seal a playoff place early and rest some players over the final few games!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
J.T.F.Robertson
9 hours ago, Ribble said:

 

An incredible first half got the result (as tight at the end as it was), restricting that Titans team to 77 yards in the first half shows how good the Steelers D can be (despite missing the defensive captain Bush)

 

My one worry for the Steelers is that due to the game last night being played on what would have been our bye week, we're not playing right through to the end of the season without a break although that said with a 6-0 start we could potentially seal a playoff place early and rest some players over the final few games!

 

What really gets on my mammaries is we never seem to play a 60 minute game. First half/second half, either that or the O plays lights out or it's the D. If we ever had both on the go at the same time, AND for the whole game ....... (if my grannies had baws etc.)

 

No way are we the #1 side though, I could list 3 or 4 better than us. We still need to improve and that includes Ben. Doesn't seem to matter how old he gets he still sometimes reverts to the "gunslinger" he was in his younger days, the one that also that served us so well, I'll add.

Some of his throws yesterday, though. There was no reason Titans should have been in a position to potentially win that game. 

 

I'm a perfectionist. ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

Rams punter having a great game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...