Sterling Archer

**The NFL Thread**

Pagey

Thoughts on the opening weekend so far?

Biggest OMG was hearing that Riverboat Ron had an IV Chemo sesh at halftime!!

Bucs let go of Winston and Brady gets intercepted twice- couldn't make it up!! 

ri Alban

ri Alban

:sweeet:That Redwolves Dline. 

luckyBatistuta
14 hours ago, ri Alban said:

This is exactly why I was gutted when I found out we were going after Rivers. He has to be one of the most overrated QB’s ever to play in the NFL, a perennial choker. Hall of Famer my erse.

ri Alban
4 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

This is exactly why I was gutted when I found out we were going after Rivers. He has to be one of the most overrated QB’s ever to play in the NFL, a perennial choker. Hall of Famer my erse.

I think he'll lead you to the AFC final, but no one is besting the Chiefs for a long time to come. 

What about Dallas, that's my tip gone already. 

Edited by ri Alban

luckyBatistuta
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I think he'll lead you to the AFC final, but no one is besting the Chiefs for a long time to come. 

What about Dallas, that's my tip gone already. 

I’ve got my money on Dallas and Kansas. I still think they will do it. There was quite a few shock results to start the season, but I think having no preseason played it’s part in that.

RustyRightPeg

What a thoroughly enjoyable first weekend of games. A lot of old faces in new places certainly makes it more interesting this year for sure.

Chiefs & Ravens AFC shootout by the looks of it.

Packers in the NFC for me.

ri Alban

I just watched the Titans and NY Gs games. Amateur hour. Except the big Titans fella Davis. Their kicker, tho. Ffs

ri Alban

I just watched the Titans and NY Gs games. Amateur hour. Except the big Titans fella Davis. Their kicker, tho. Ffs

ri Alban

PortyJambo
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

You must have enjoyed it enough to watch it 3 times though :P

ri Alban

LondonJambo1985

Watched the first half of the Saints game on Sunday. Battle of the (old) QBs, but felt the Saints were great (I’m a fan). Hopefully we can go all the way this year! 

ri Alban
9 hours ago, LondonJambo1985 said:

Watched the first half of the Saints game on Sunday. Battle of the (old) QBs, but felt the Saints were great (I’m a fan). Hopefully we can go all the way this year! 

Drew Brees is class. 

Nunya Business

I think it says a lot about the Saints team as a whole that Brees didn't have his best game on Sunday, but they still ran out comfortable winners. People rightly saying Brady will improve the Bucs massively, but the Saints will still be the team to beat in the NFC South for a long time to come.

Jamhammer

Burrow looks the real deal but that Cincinnati O line!!

😡😡

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

😡😡

Could be the new Andrew Luck...ruined because they couldn’t protect him. The guy is gonna get injured very soon playing with that O line.

luckyBatistuta
3 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

😡😡

Now lost his TE Uzomah to IR

Edited by luckyBatistuta

Jamhammer
11 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Could be the new Andrew Luck...ruined because they couldn’t protect him. The guy is gonna get injured very soon playing with that O line.

Aye that or just loses his nerve knowing what's coming. Hopefully get some protection in there. I'm delighted the NFL show is back on BBC. They did a piece on BLM and protests before games etc and it was very interesting that J Bell and Osi had different viewpoints but you get a debate you just wouldn't on Match of the Day or any football show here.

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Aye that or just loses his nerve knowing what's coming. Hopefully get some protection in there. I'm delighted the NFL show is back on BBC. They did a piece on BLM and protests before games etc and it was very interesting that J Bell and Osi had different viewpoints but you get a debate you just wouldn't on Match of the Day or any football show here.

Never watch that, will try and get that on iplayer👍

LondonJambo1985

The NFL show is great 👍 

Anyone got any predictions for tonight’s games? 

Van Wilder

I started watching the Giants v Bears.. Then realised i've got no idea what's going on..

Anyone got a simple guide or explanation as to how the game works? It's so stop start it's difficult to get a handle on it.

Tried looking at youtube for NFL for Dummies but nothing as of yet.

Lord BJ
46 minutes ago, Van Wilder said:

I started watching the Giants v Bears.. Then realised i've got no idea what's going on..

Anyone got a simple guide or explanation as to how the game works? It's so stop start it's difficult to get a handle on it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/american_football/3192002.stm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/american-football/34418725

Edited by Lord BJ

Boof

Injuries all over the place this week.

Nunya Business
2 hours ago, Van Wilder said:

Essentially a team has 4 attempts (downs) to get the ball forward 10 yards. If they manage to do it, they get another 4 attempts to take it another 10 yards and so on until they score either a touchdown or a field goal. Then the other team takes possession (99% of the time*) to try and do similar.

There's hunners of rules regarding fouls and repercussions but you'll pick that up as you go along.

BigCGilmour

Ffs Atlanta...🙄

neilnunb

New season, same old shit from the Dolphins 🤬🤬🤬

Pagey

carnage today with injuries- Barkley and Bosa the notables, but Jimmy G also struggling

J.T.F.Robertson
1 hour ago, BigCGilmour said:

Ffs Atlanta...🙄

Falcons' players all standing around waiting for the Dallas onside kick to go the obligatory 10 yards, problem being, the "obligatory" part only applies to the kicking team.

What a cockup!

As an aside, the injuries today ....... 

luckyBatistuta
19 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Falcons' players all standing around waiting for the Dallas onside kick to go the obligatory 10 yards, problem being, the "obligatory" part only applies to the kicking team.

What a cockup!

As an aside, the injuries today ....... 

A fantastic game and I’m now more confident of  winning my bet on the Cowboys to win the Super Bowl. Any team that can start a game that badly and still go on to win has something special about them.

Lord BJ

Raiders debut in their New Home tonight. Hopefully the Raiders get the victory.

Pagey

Just caught up on Hard Knocks this season- really enjoyed it. Thought both LA teams came across really well. Herbert at the Chargers looks a prospect. 

J.T.F.Robertson
5 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

A fantastic game and I’m now more confident of  winning my bet on the Cowboys to win the Super Bowl. Any team that can start a game that badly and still go on to win has something special about them.

Your "confidence" is misplaced, but it's only money. :)

Lord BJ

Great victory for the Raiders last night. Started off poorly but really turned in around. 

Carr puts in another strong performance, still feel he doesn’t go downfield enough. However, Ive appears more comfortable with Gruden and silencing many of his critics. 

How ducking good is Darren Waller. That guy is one of the top TE in game imo. 

Ohh and Gruden has had COVID. 

Raiders of to a great start to season and in Vegas, 

luckyBatistuta
11 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Your "confidence" is misplaced, but it's only money. :)

But it’s only 

:munny: