Sterling Archer

**The NFL Thread**

ri Alban
1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

🤷🏼‍♂️

The Rams' 2018 preseason games were broadcast across the Hawaiian Islands. Then that November, Los Angeles announced a partnership with the Hawaiian Tourism Authority (HTA) to promote the Hawaiian Islands. Part of the agreement included playing a preseason game in Hawaii, but the opponent would not be announced until a later date. 

Four months later, the Rams revealed they would be taking on the Dallas Cowboys, a team they just faced in the divisional round of the NFC playoffs. 

Tickets sold out in less than 24 hours. 

:thumb:

Its just that I've seen them in Hawaii 5-0 and Magnum PI. 

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

:thumb:

Its just that I've seen them in Hawaii 5-0 and Magnum PI. 

Really🙀🤯🤷‍♂️😂🤣

ri Alban
8 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Really🙀🤯🤷‍♂️😂🤣

Aye! ... Really!  And Everyone loves them. I now hate them. :D

I don't, really! 

luckyBatistuta
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Aye! ... Really!  And Everyone loves them. I now hate them. :D

I don't, really! 

They’ve never really bothered me either way. I do however have a dislike for one of their ex players...Eric Dickerson, don’t like that man.

ri Alban
2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

They’ve never really bothered me either way. I do however have a dislike for one of their ex players...Eric Dickerson, don’t like that man.

Was some player, tho. Did he run over the colts, perchance? :D

hmfc_liam06

Can't stand the Rams, just one of those teams I dislike immensely. Love it when teams go spend big and ultimately flop.

Their coach is a jumped up wee prick as well. Found out big time last season.

In other news, Newton signing for the Pats is the least unexpected news this year.

BigCGilmour

Was just coming in to post Cam news, everything I've been reading has stated Patriots were never going to sign him, so a bit surprised! Pats also fined for being dodgy as fcuk again!

luckyBatistuta
42 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Was some player, tho. Did he run over the colts, perchance? :D

Colts had their problems with him. I just don’t like the man, always comes across as a total #### to me. He wasn’t happy that Peterson might beat his record either, no class imo.

31 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Can't stand the Rams, just one of those teams I dislike immensely. Love it when teams go spend big and ultimately flop.

Their coach is a jumped up wee prick as well. Found out big time last season.

In other news, Newton signing for the Pats is the least unexpected news this year.

Not happy with that move for two reasons. Thought I had made a nice wee move stashing Stidham, knowing Brady would probably be off at the end of the season. Also, if Newton was to return to some kind of past form, the Patriots are still going to be in the running for another Super Bowl😞

luckyBatistuta
27 minutes ago, BigCGilmour said:

Was just coming in to post Cam news, everything I've been reading has stated Patriots were never going to sign him, so a bit surprised! Pats also fined for being dodgy as fcuk again!

Even if he still isn’t the same player, or he is and he walks, the Pats still get another compensatory pick. For that kind of money, it’s not a bad gamble.

ri Alban
14 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Colts had their problems with him. I just don’t like the man, always comes across as a total #### to me. He wasn’t happy that Peterson might beat his record either, no class imo.

Not happy with that move for two reasons. Thought I had made a nice wee move stashing Stidham, knowing Brady would probably be off at the end of the season. Also, if Newton was to return to some kind of past form, the Patriots are still going to be in the running for another Super Bowl😞

Peterson is another dickhead, who should not be anywhere near the NFL, especially the mighty Redskins. 

Oh and he's giving it the poor running backs don't get any appreciation, malarkey . Boo hoo! 

luckyBatistuta
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Peterson is another dickhead, who should not be anywhere near the NFL, especially the mighty Redskins. 

Oh and he's giving it the poor running backs don't get any appreciation, malarkey . Boo hoo! 

Millions of dollars a year and no appreciation🤔 That’s one of the things that riles me about Nate Burleson on GMFB. He never stops banging on about money. Always goes on about ‘getting paid’ He comes across as if money was the only thing important to him when he was in the game.

hmfc_liam06
34 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Millions of dollars a year and no appreciation🤔 That’s one of the things that riles me about Nate Burleson on GMFB. He never stops banging on about money. Always goes on about ‘getting paid’ He comes across as if money was the only thing important to him when he was in the game.

I'd imagine it is to the vast majority of players.

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I'd imagine it is to the vast majority of players.

Probably, just Burleson talks about incessantly 

PortyJambo

Pressure building on the Redskins to change their name. FedEx, who having naming rights for their stadium and whose CEO is a part owner, have asked them to change it. And the local government have said they won't allow them to build a new stadium until they change it 

PortyJambo

Nike have also removed all Redskins items from their website.

There's always been calls to change their name, but when big business starts getting involved, that's when NFL owners usually start to listen as it hits their bottom line.

hmfc_liam06

I saw a really good suggestion on Twitter.

The Washington Redtails.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskegee_Airmen

They were known as the Redtails due to the tail of their planes being painted red.

ri Alban

Tell them to GTF! 

PortyJambo

Mahomes to sign a 10 (ten) year extension to his contract. No monetary terms out there yet, but they no doubt will be absolutely massive!

luckyBatistuta
5 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

Mahomes to sign a 10 (ten) year extension to his contract. No monetary terms out there yet, but they no doubt will be absolutely massive!

$503 million, that will be their cap space fekd for 10 years.