**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

hmfc_liam06
51 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Late chat of the dolphins trying to trade up to get 3rd and 5th picks then giving up both for the bengals no1 pick!!!

Don't think that'll happen bud :lol:

• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, Everybody Loves Baz! said:

Fell asleep after 16 lol.

Loads of 1st round talent still available tonight.

Should see a few good selections.

I passed out around then too, just not as exciting as a normal draft

2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Raiders draft was a bit surprising. They  took a number two receiver to be their number 1, with Ruggs III. Albeit josh Jacobs wasn’t Bamas number 1 RB and that worked out well. 

CB was a position of need but Annette was a reach. 

With no 2nd round pick feeling a bit disappointed. Though as a Raiders fan I’m well use to that feeling 🤷🏻‍♂️

The new Tyreek💪🏼

2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

That would have been up there with Dhop trade

I'm absolutely delighted that the Packers shit the bed last night.

Indeed😁

hmfc_liam06

Seems that most pundits seem to be slating the Raiders and Packers for last nights draft performance.

Niners seem to be getting a bit of love for their picks.

In hindsight I'm pretty disappointed we didn't manage to trade the Dolphins for their 5th as we'd have got Okudah regardless.

luckyBatistuta
4 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Seems that most pundits seem to be slating the Raiders and Packers for last nights draft performance.

In hindsight I'm pretty disappointed we didn't manage to trade the Dolphins for their 5th as we'd have got Okudah regardless.

Think a trade would have been the best option for Lions, but the Dolphins were obviously confident  they were going to get their man without giving anything up. Still can’t understand how dissatisfied everyone in Tua’s house looked at his pick. Yes, he’s going to Miami, but they are on the up I think and there are worse places to go. The guy has just fulfilled a dream and set himself up for life and it’s...meh🤷🏼‍♂️

Yeah was originally posted at about 12:30 last night, phone decided to repost when I opened kickback this morning!

hmfc_liam06
11 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Think a trade would have been the best option for Lions, but the Dolphins were obviously confident  they were going to get their man without giving anything up. Still can’t understand how dissatisfied everyone in Tua’s house looked at his pick. Yes, he’s going to Miami, but they are on the up I think and there are worse places to go. The guy has just fulfilled a dream and set himself up for life and it’s...meh🤷🏼‍♂️

Yeah I think there was obviously a bit of a stalemate in talks, our pick went to under 2 mins to go so we were obviously trying something.

11 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Yeah can only think he thought the Chargers were going to trade up for him and wanted to go there, even if he was so overconfident he thought Bengals would take him over burrows he'd had a fair bit of time to get over that and react better to making it to the NFL as the 2nd drafted QB despite the hip injury! 

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Ribble said:

Yeah can only think he thought the Chargers were going to trade up for him and wanted to go there, even if he was so overconfident he thought Bengals would take him over burrows he'd had a fair bit of time to get over that and react better to making it to the NFL as the 2nd drafted QB despite the hip injury! 

Not the reaction you want to see as you’ve just drafted the guy. He is a special talent, good pick by the Dolphins imo

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Raiders picking Arnette was complete WTF , reach is an understatement. Ruggs could be a beast with his pace and the AFC West is stacked now for offense it’ll be a fun watch.

Wasnt really happy with the Dolphins taking Jackson at 18 but they needed to take him or Jones as the OTs were flying off the shelf. In saying that i think he us only 20 and the consensus seems to be he just needs a bit of coaching to be an elite OT. Couple that with Tua and then picking up a 4th from GB and still getting Igbinoghene and i think they smashed Day 1. Not sure weve had a good draft since the 80s.

Not sure why the 49ers are getting love , they passed on Lamb and Jeudy to take Kinlaw when even though they lost Buckner they have some depth. Although they got Aiyuk they gave up a couple of picks and you’d have thought they could have taken a project at 31 instead of Kinlaw and Lamb at 14. 

Cowboys - Ouch Dak must be feeling as though hes pounded a kilo of coke after landing Lamb. Their Receiver Corps is fearsome.

Jags defence should be truely nasty for a few years after their picks.

Eagles though what was that about the Vikings lucked out there trading Diggs and getting Jefferson who by all accounts could have a better upside than Diggs. 

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Not the reaction you want to see as you’ve just drafted the guy. He is a special talent, good pick by the Dolphins imo

His mum was on about 20th puck saying she was delighted and so happy for him. Great pick , i think hes a franchise QB and having Fitzmagic this year means no need to rush him in. Herbert isnt a franchise QB imo. All very strange , he seems delighted though. 

2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

In an interview afterwards, Tua said he would be moving to Miami on his own, and his family would stay where they were to support his younger brother. Their reaction is probably down to thinking he's off to Miami and we've got to stay in Alabama :lol:

luckyBatistuta
16 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

In an interview afterwards, Tua said he would be moving to Miami on his own, and his family would stay where they were to support his younger brother. Their reaction is probably down to thinking he's off to Miami and we've got to stay in Alabama :lol:

:lol: 

luckyBatistuta
56 minutes ago, sadj said:

Raiders picking Arnette was complete WTF , reach is an understatement. Ruggs could be a beast with his pace and the AFC West is stacked now for offense it’ll be a fun watch.

Wasnt really happy with the Dolphins taking Jackson at 18 but they needed to take him or Jones as the OTs were flying off the shelf. In saying that i think he us only 20 and the consensus seems to be he just needs a bit of coaching to be an elite OT. Couple that with Tua and then picking up a 4th from GB and still getting Igbinoghene and i think they smashed Day 1. Not sure weve had a good draft since the 80s.

Not sure why the 49ers are getting love , they passed on Lamb and Jeudy to take Kinlaw when even though they lost Buckner they have some depth. Although they got Aiyuk they gave up a couple of picks and you’d have thought they could have taken a project at 31 instead of Kinlaw and Lamb at 14. 

Cowboys - Ouch Dak must be feeling as though hes pounded a kilo of coke after landing Lamb. Their Receiver Corps is fearsome.

Jags defence should be truely nasty for a few years after their picks.

Eagles though what was that about the Vikings lucked out there trading Diggs and getting Jefferson who by all accounts could have a better upside than Diggs. 

His mum was on about 20th puck saying she was delighted and so happy for him. Great pick , i think hes a franchise QB and having Fitzmagic this year means no need to rush him in. Herbert isnt a franchise QB imo. All very strange , he seems delighted though. 

Reckon it could end up the best option if the Dolphins don’t blow it.

2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Reckon it could end up the best option if the Dolphins don’t blow it.

👌🏻

AD018E17-A897-4A35-9179-17970048D814.jpeg

Also just read Jackson has had a quiet but effective season after donating bone marrow to his sister before the season and not being fully recovered 👍🏻

luckyBatistuta
10 minutes ago, sadj said:

👌🏻

AD018E17-A897-4A35-9179-17970048D814.jpeg

‘Would have been delighted to see a Colts jersey on Tua, nice pick 

Everybody Loves Baz!

Some strange picks at the start of the 2nd round tonight.

Thought the Jags would've took a back-up QB?

Steelers take Chase Claypool WR from Notre Dame, will be interesting to see if his combine can be turned into nfl production but either way going to be interesting to watch defences trying to stop a 6’4, 230lb+ wr that can run a 4.42 40 yard dash

Steelers take Chase Claypool WR from Notre Dame, will be interesting to see if his combine can be turned into nfl production but either way going to be interesting to watch defences trying to stop a 6’4, 230lb+ wr that can run a 4.42 40 yard dash

hmfc_liam06

Pretty happy with our night. Surprised we took Swift, or any RB at 35, I expected us to address the pass rush early doors and take Espensa.

Needs did get addressed though, think we've had a good draft so far.

luckyBatistuta
4 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Pretty happy with our night. Surprised we took Swift, or any RB at 35, I expected us to address the pass rush early doors and take Espensa.

I got a shock at that pick too, thought they saw Kerryon as the man.

5 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Yeah it’s been decent for your lol, I’m happy enough so far for the Steelers, just need to remind myself to basically add Fitzpatrick as our 1st round pick, added potential at edge and another big outside/ end zone target for Big Ben with Claypool. 

If Roethlisberger comes back in at the level he was before his injury then it’s gonna take some huge defence performances to stop the Steelers    with so many targets for him to hit, especially with Ebron and Claypool both able to make a huge difference to a poor red zone conversion last year

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Yeah it’s been decent for your lol, I’m happy enough so far for the Steelers, just need to remind myself to basically add Fitzpatrick as our 1st round pick, added potential at edge and another big outside/ end zone target for Big Ben with Claypool. 

If Roethlisberger comes back in at the level he was before his injury then it’s gonna take some huge defence performances to stop the Steelers    with so many targets for him to hit, especially with Ebron and Claypool both able to make a huge difference to a poor red zone conversion last year

I’m gutted Ben is back. When he got his injury, I dumped him from my fantasy team, thought he was done. You are only allowed a maximum of 4 QB’s, but I didn’t realise you could have more if they were on IR. Would have held on to him 🤬🤬🤬

8 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I’m gutted Ben is back. When he got his injury, I dumped him from my fantasy team, thought he was done. You are only allowed a maximum of 4 QB’s, but I didn’t realise you could have more if they were on IR. Would have held on to him 🤬🤬🤬

Got him in the idp league and yeah had him on ir all last season 

luckyBatistuta
9 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Got him in the idp league and yeah had him on ir all last season 

Knew I could put him on IR, just didn’t realise I could put a 5th QB on my bench. Learn something new every day

hmfc_liam06
2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I got a shock at that pick too, thought they saw Kerryon as the man.

He's a good player by all accounts, just thought we'd maybe wait till the 3rd for a RB. Still though, Okwara had a 1st round grade and Jackson a high 2nd round grade. Got to be happy with them.

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Has Trent Williams gone to the 49ers yet? Pain in the arse.

Cap space and lack of picks is an issue.

Looks like he might be spending another year on the sidelines.

His impression of himself seems a lot bigger than the clubs!

luckyBatistuta
7 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

He's a good player by all accounts, just thought we'd maybe wait till the 3rd for a RB. Still though, Okwara had a 1st round grade and Jackson a high 2nd round grade. Got to be happy with them.

All that worrying beforehand too. Lions on the up

7 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Cap space and lack of picks is an issue.

Looks like he might be spending another year on the sidelines.

His impression of himself seems a lot bigger than the clubs!

We could be doing with talent, but...

Just now, ri Alban said:

Think the bridge between Trent and the Skins is hanging by a single bolt.

Not sure he wants, or there is a way back for him.

Trouble is trying to get decent value for him, given his extravagant salary claims

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Done deal gone to 49ers

5th round this year 3rd round next.

Seems a bit of a giveaway.

Have signed a tackle in the draft, highly rated but drug issues ???

17 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Done deal gone to 49ers

Chase will be rookie of the year and Gibson is the key to the playoffs for the Skins. 

2 hours ago, merrymac said:

Done deal gone to 49ers

yup and at the same time Breida to the Fins for one of our 5ths. Seems a great value deal , Breida could be a cracking signing but he dropped off badly last season so consistency might be the key. Fins , Bills and Jets should all be competitive at least in the East next season.

Fins had tried to get Gurley then went for Fournette but settled for Breida.

Grier and Flores so far 👌🏻 Such a culture change from the shitshow weve had for years on and off the park. 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

yup and at the same time Breida to the Fins for one of our 5ths. Seems a great value deal , Breida could be a cracking signing but he dropped off badly last season so consistency might be the key. Fins , Bills and Jets should all be competitive at least in the East next season.

Fins had tried to get Gurley then went for Fournette but settled for Breida.

Grier and Flores so far 👌🏻 Such a culture change from the shitshow weve had for years on and off the park. 

Skins seem to be having a decent Draft ( badly needed), still looking a bit short in the defensive backfield.

Should be a solid unit up front now on defense.

Offensive line and QB still big questions.

Just now, merrymac said:

Skins seem to be having a decent Draft ( badly needed), still looking a bit short in the defensive backfield.

Should be a solid unit up front now on defense.

Offensive line and QB still big questions.

Skins have changed it up behind the scenes too haven’t they? Few teams who have been a joke in recent years seem too. Even the Jets seem to have gone in a decent direction. Gase though 🤪 but im biased 😂

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Skins have changed it up behind the scenes too haven’t they? Few teams who have been a joke in recent years seem too. Even the Jets seem to have gone in a decent direction. Gase though 🤪 but im biased 😂

Appointed Ron Rivera as head coach and got rid of the bosses mate Bruce Allen (GM) who is the NFL version of CL (ha ha).

Hopefully with the right men in charge we can at least be competitive ( probably asking too much).

9 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Appointed Ron Rivera as head coach and got rid of the bosses mate Bruce Allen (GM) who is the NFL version of CL (ha ha).

Hopefully with the right men in charge we can at least be competitive ( probably asking too much).

Interesting appointment. Different mentality id think with him in place. That division should really be the Cowboys to blow next year they seriously upgraded their offensive power with their first pick. Eagles are just lunatics , Giants and Redskins have both made interesting picks. Giants should def step forward some of their picks are similar to our picks. Solidify the OL and make it easier for Jones and Barkley to do their jobs. 

hmfc_liam06
14 hours ago, merrymac said:

Got a bit of a soft spot for the Redskins I have to say. Had a great time there last September, a proper friendly bunch at the tailgate too.

@hmfc_liam06 looks like all the drafted players have been added in to the IDP so think you need to end free agency otherwise a drafts going to be pointless (I was able to add Edwards-helaire instantly and I’ve now cut him again)

Got a bit of a soft spot for the Redskins I have to say. Had a great time there last September, a proper friendly bunch at the tailgate too.

Always been on my bucket list, but getting a bit long in the tooth now unfortunately

Started following them when i watched my first super bowl back in the 80,s. They had a running back called John Riggins - what a guy!

Plus they played in Maroon, enough said!

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, Ribble said:

@hmfc_liam06 looks like all the drafted players have been added in to the IDP so think you need to end free agency otherwise a drafts going to be pointless (I was able to add Edwards-helaire instantly and I’ve now cut him again)

Yeah...just don't pick up rookies :lol:

chuck berrys hairline

What days the dynasty draft? 

What rookie's are people thinking are going to have a breakout season. None of the QBs fill me with any confidence

👀

Edited by chuck berrys hairline

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

What rookie's are people thinking are going to have a breakout season. None of the QBs fill me with any confidence

👀

None of us are experts either, always taking a chance with whoever you take. I can’t give you my thoughts on who’s better than who, as I’m picking after you in the same draft🤷🏼‍♂️

chuck berrys hairline

Strong receiving corps this year across the board imo. As a Lions fan i hope Swift can make the step up.We gotta get a decent rb sometime! Was a direct runner last year for Georgia and wondered if he was actually the one who made them tick and not Fromm. Thats why he dropped so low in the draft

hmfc_liam06
2 hours ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

👀

Friday.

You could have accepted my Carr trade if none of the rookie QBs are doing anything for you ;) 

In the situation of there being no live sport I’m quite happy that I’ve discovered Slap Shot is on Amazon Prime to rent for £3.49. 

18 minutes ago, Tazio said:

In the situation of there being no live sport I’m quite happy that I’ve discovered Slap Shot is on Amazon Prime to rent for £3.49. 

Bollocks. Wrong thread.