Killing in the name - xmas number 1?

Carl Weathers

Dean Winchester
Nice one! Wish I had seen it at that point although tbh I wasn't sure how well this would take off and I suppose thats why it was that price.

If I had gotten in a few hours earlier it was at 30-1!

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

X Factor judge Simon Cowell has criticised the internet campaign, calling it "stupid".

Prior to the final of the ITV talent show, he said: "I think the campaign's aimed directly at me".

Aye well done Sherlock!

Hope yer karaoke act sinks!!!!

With only 10% in it, I think I may have to go buy RATM again!:smiliz64:

Say What Again
With only 10% in it, I think I may have to go buy RATM again!:smiliz64:

The X Factor boys CD single comes out tomorrow, I'd imagine that will rocket him in front.

For those intent on buying multiple copies of RATM's song, don't do it via itunes as they will be disqualified from their figures. If buying the CD version from the shops, one from a separate shop lest they too disqualify it.

Sterling Archer
Me.

Certainly not for the two artists in the thread, granted.

I buy albums occasionally if it's one i really want but surely no1 buys singles?

Say What Again
who buys cd's???

Not me - but then again I don't pay to download music either.

However, I'll bet the CD version of the X Factor boys song sells in hundreds of thousands.

I always buy albums as CD's. Love adding to my collection.

Never buy a CD single, although i'd imagine a lot the xfactor ones will be used as stocking fillers this year.

It has been getting played at the start of Zane Lowe's show fairly often. I think Radio 5 have also been giving it some air time.

Carl Weathers
It has been getting played at the start of Zane Lowe's show fairly often. I think Radio 5 have also been giving it some air time.

Good news!

I thought this was purely an internet nerd thing.:helmet:

Good news!

I thought this was purely an internet nerd thing.:helmet:

as yet I think Scott Mills has refrained from playing it, despite often commenting on all the texts asking him to. Give the public what they want scott!

northfieldhearts

Hundred's of thousands of people screamin "F You I Wont Do What You Tell Me" while doing the exact opposite. Bunch of idiots.

Carl Weathers
Hundred's of thousands of people screamin "F You I Wont Do What You Tell Me" while doing the exact opposite. Bunch of idiots.

I'm only in it for the irony.

Carl Weathers
Aye right!

Nah, I just like the track and would find it pretty funny for a mental rock track to be xmas no.1

I really couldn't give a toss about the whole x-factor thing.

as yet I think Scott Mills has refrained from playing it, despite often commenting on all the texts asking him to. Give the public what they want scott!

I'm sure Mills used to often play sum RATM on the wonder years as well....def did a couple of times.

I don;t think RATM will get the number 1 spot, bought it anyway though.

Can anyone confirm if the RATM song is getting any radio play - obviously heavily bleeped out.

Talksport have given it a relatively decent amount of coverage considering they're a talk station too...

Im in it quite simply because I love RATM.

Spotters on.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

They are both on Sony so Simon Cowell is getting twice the money he hoped for thanks to some mugs on Facebook!

They are both on Sony so Simon Cowell is getting twice the money he hoped for thanks to some mugs on Facebook!

How does Simon Cowell get money from sales of Rage Against The Machine? The last time I checked he didn't own Sony.

How does Simon Cowell get money from sales of Rage Against The Machine? The last time I checked he didn't own Sony.

He doesn't own them but his labels are tied up in Sony, he's a direct advisor to Sony and the X Factor rights are owned by Sony.

The more money Sony get, the more that is filtered down to him and all his projects! Something tells me he won't be that bothered by this development.

He doesn't own them but his labels are tied up in Sony, he's a direct advisor to Sony and the X Factor rights are owned by Sony.

The more money Sony get, the more that is filtered down to him and all his projects! Something tells me he won't be that bothered by this development.

I find that unlikely. Would he rather his artist got number one or another artist somewhere else on his parent companies label? He isn't going to profit all that much from a couple hundred thousand 99p downloads.

Dean Winchester

OCC figures today show that Killing In The Name has now extended that lead to around 60%, selling another 92,000 copies yesterday to bring its total for the week so far to more than 175,000. The Climb has sold around 110,000 copies so far.

That's total BS spread around by the X-Factor fans in a vain hope of de-stabilising the cause!

Fight the power!

ToadKiller Dog

Surley if RATM are signed with part of the Sony empire ,they are hardley raging against the machine more likely part of it .

They maybe should have went for some talented unknown on an independent label (is there actually still such a thing in the modern world of downloads ) . That may have proved a point about Cowell and controll of music if thats the aim .

Dont see the point other wise .

I think the 29p download does not affect the chart position.A download has to be above a certain price to count.

the 29p amazon one does count, the price rule only applies to how much the company buy the download for not how much they sell it for, Amazon have dicounted both favourites to get more traffic for their website, but even if they sold it for a penny it would still count. :santa1:

Surley if RATM are signed with part of the Sony empire ,they are hardley raging against the machine more likely part of it .

They maybe should have went for some talented unknown on an independent label (is there actually still such a thing in the modern world of downloads ) . That may have proved a point about Cowell and controll of music if thats the aim .

It's more the lyric "***** you, I won't do whatcha tell me" than the band or the label people are wanting at #1 this Xmas.

It's a statement of rebellion against Cowell and his evil karaoke empire of beige.

Snake Plissken

To beat the Karaoke act they needed an already well known track people could identify with. The point of it is that people are sick of the latest X Factor robot taking No.1. We're talking about a Miley Cyrus cover here, that's extracting the urine even by X Factor standards.

I'll personally be delighted if RATM reaches No.1 and beats the rent boy.

Not bothered about the politics, the ethics, etc. just that I can't stand the X Factor and love the song. I think some people are looking into this a little too deeply. I'm viewing at a bit of a GIRFUY Simon Cowell more than anything else.

ToadKiller Dog
It's more the lyric "***** you, I won't do whatcha tell me" than the band or the label people are wanting at #1 this Xmas.

It's a statement of rebellion against Cowell and his evil karaoke empire of beige.

Fair enough ,if its just an up your Cowell ,

still seems a bit worthless when its a company in which he is part off that will be raking it in , They same way as they did with the Hallelujah songs last time .

Sadly, this weekend will see every 12-16 year old girl in the UK buy the X-Factor song about 20 times from 20 different places.

We're doomed!

Except, of course, download RATM because the internet told us to.

I don't know what I like less. Lame ass rap metal or crappy manufactured pop.

What music are you into? :santa5:

And for everyone talking about Cowell getting more money - It has **** all to do with money. I'm sure he has enough already tbh.

Bought it twice now. :santa1:

Nobody's telling anyone to do anything. People suggested buying a particular song, and a lot of people have agreed with the sentiment, choice of song etc and chose to do so.

I think you've tried to be clever and missed the point completely.

What music are you into? :santa5:

And for everyone talking about Cowell getting more money - It has **** all to do with money. I'm sure he has enough already tbh.

Bought it twice now. :santa1:

Pretty much everything except manufactured pop and rap metal. Hip-hop, folk, pop, post-rock, ambient....

That's total BS spread around by the X-Factor fans in a vain hope of de-stabilising the cause!

Fight the power!

I'm not really a fan of X factor but Rage Against the Machine are utter guff as well. Would never buy either of the singles.

'**** you I won't do what you tell me to, grrrr' em, apart from go and buy your single because I'm being told to.

Total mugs. Sony have probably had this planned since last year and they are raking it in now.

Archived