Killing in the name - xmas number 1?

Carl Weathers

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The People's Chimp

I have a problem with a guy leading a campaign about 'not telling us what should be number one' telling us what we should buy to make number one.

The general **** you cowell concept is fine, but he loves it anyway, indeed a campaign like this is, in a sense, just more marketing and publicity for him, more column inches and more discussion about x factor.

Btw, what is all this 'journey' pish? utterly atrocious. It's not funny. Please, stop now.

I have a problem with a guy leading a campaign about 'not telling us what should be number one' telling us what we should buy to make number one.

The general **** you cowell concept is fine, but he loves it anyway, indeed a campaign like this is, in a sense, just more marketing and publicity for him, more column inches and more discussion about x factor.

Btw, what is all this 'journey' pish? utterly atrocious. It's not funny. Please, stop now.

Indeed "**** you I won't do what you tell me" "except, could you all do what I tell you please".

Having said that. I've joined and will be downloading the song despite owning it.

The People's Chimp
Indeed "**** you I won't do what you tell me" "except, could you all do what I tell you please".

Having said that. I've joined and will be downloading the song despite owning it.

Pop will eat itself.

awesome song. awesome band. Im in.

they are evens on bet fred to get to number one without the xfactor!

Carl Weathers

I just like the idea of an outrageously radge song getting to Xmas no1.

If it was Rick Astley, I wouldn't be getting involved.

Dean Winchester
awesome song. awesome band. Im in.

they are evens on bet fred to get to number one without the xfactor!

I shoved a fiver on it on bet365 at 4/1

I will be suprised if even makes it into the top 5. Facebook members does not equal sales.

We get the same thing every year but it will be x-factor crap at number 1 again.

Dean Winchester
I will be suprised if even makes it into the top 5. Facebook members does not equal sales.

We get the same thing every year but it will be x-factor crap at number 1 again.

Last year's number 2 was a Facebook group protesting against X Factor that had less members at the end than this group has a week before the Xmas week so I can think it to be quite likely it will make the top 5.

Johanes de Silentio

Agree with everything in this post - especially the Journey thing!

I do hope that RATM get to number one, though, cos it would be quite funny!

What's their best album?

The first one?

Yeah the self titled album is awesome. Every track on it is killer.

I'd also recommend "The Battle of Los Angeles". Has tracks like Guerilla Radio, Sleep Now in the Fire, and Calm Like a Bomb on it.

Personally those two are my favourites.

In order IMO:

Self Titled

Battle of LA

Evil Empire

Renegades

Cant say im a massive fan, but will get it anyway. Anything to help to stop x factor pish taking over yet again.

Carl Weathers

I'd also recommend "The Battle of Los Angeles". Has tracks like Guerilla Radio, Sleep Now in the Fire, and Calm Like a Bomb on it.

In order IMO:

Self Titled

Battle of LA

Evil Empire

Renegades

Will purchase off itunes -after next week - and let you know my thoughts!

:smiley2:

Will purchase off itunes -after next week - and let you know my thoughts!

:smiley2:

Its going in my car tonight now. :D

Quite possibly my favourite album ever. First I ever put on Minidisc too :laugh:

Its going in my car tonight now. :D

Quite possibly my favourite album ever. First I ever put on Minidisc too :laugh:

same here.

Poor old minidisc.

In order IMO:

Self Titled

Battle of LA

Evil Empire

Renegades

That's the perfect order! Battle of L.A is still and amazing album but nothing can top the first album!

Dean Winchester

Got played on Radio 1 about an hour ago. The group is now upto 162,000+ (Compared to the 113,000 10 hours ago)

Got played on Radio 1 about an hour ago. The group is now upto 162,000+ (Compared to the 113,000 10 hours ago)

176,000 now! this could actually have some legs if it keeps going up by this much until the 13th

Dean Winchester
176,000 now! this could actually have some legs if it keeps going up by this much until the 13th

It is pretty crazy how many people are joining it every minute. It has literally tripled in size since around this time last night. The Radio 1 Facebook page was flooded with people requesting it earlier on until the guy gave in and played it :2thumbsup:

Great idea:) Anything to stop that x factor shower getting to number 1. Plus what a band to do it, their first albim is the only album i can play without skipping a track!

Chaka Demus & pliers

Looks a certainty to at least be no. 2 in the xmas singles chart. 6/4 at Hills for no 1 without x factor looks like buying money :2thumbsup:

What is the point of this?

People are annoyed at being manipulated into buying the x-factor song, so instead they try and manipulate people into buying a different song?

I hope you all realise that RATM are signed to Epic, the same label that will have the x-factor winner?

Aye, I can't stand the X Factor and it's about time a decent song got Christmas #1.

:2thumbsup:

But it's only showbiz - not forgetting what makateer said above. :stuart:

The capitalists who own the record companies must be wetting their very expensive trousers!

Or, wait a minute. Who's idea was it to buy this other song? It's not another Simon Cowell scam is it?

Dean Winchester
What is the point of this?

People are annoyed at being manipulated into buying the x-factor song, so instead they try and manipulate people into buying a different song?

I hope you all realise that RATM are signed to Epic, the same label that will have the x-factor winner?

It's not about manipulation at all. It's just about people being tired of the same old crap at number 1 every year at Xmas. It's like Iron Maiden done in 1990 to stop Cliff Richard from getting to number 1 again. Nothing about stopping people making money or anything like that despite what alot of the news reports are saying.

It's not about manipulation at all. It's just about people being tired of the same old crap at number 1 every year at Xmas. It's like Iron Maiden done in 1990 to stop Cliff Richard from getting to number 1 again. Nothing about stopping people making money or anything like that despite what alot of the news reports are saying.

Fair enough, there is only 1 winner in all of this though and that is the record label.

I don't like being dictated to on what music I should buy so I will be purchasing neither.

Cliff was No. 1 at Christmas, Maiden knocked him off the week after.

Archived