Chelsea v Spurs

Julio

Chelsea or Spurs?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Chelsea or Spurs?

• Chelsea
    • Tottenham

How many of the modern Chelsea fans remember life prior to the mid 90's?? Before then Chelsea fans would have bitten your hand of for the league cup.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its usually common for a club to celebrate big style when they have not won a trophy in a while. I dont think anyone could grudge Spurs having it large after winning a cup.

Well done Spurs.

I have a feeling Chelsea will win hee haw.

I have a feeling we will be winning something in May..............;)

I've no real interest in english football, like cricket and rugger it's a minority sport.

However, I'm glad Chelsea got beat.

Money Can't buy me Cups,

Can't buy me Cups, everybody tells me so,

Can't buy me Cups, no no no, no!

;)

Two Premiership titles, FA and League cups in the last few years........clown...........:cool:

I have a feeling we will be winning something in May..............;)

I dont.

You are not good enough for the CL

You aint good enough to win the league this year.

FA Cup is your best bet. Even then, my money would not be on Chelsea.

All that money spent and boring as **** to watch. Sod that.

I dont.

You are not good enough for the CL

You aint good enough to win the league this year.

FA Cup is your best bet. Even then, my money would not be on Chelsea.

All that money spent and boring as **** to watch. Sod that.

We will see come May. Will bring this thread back up then. ;)

Two Premiership titles, FA and League cups in the last few years........clown...........:cool:

....and how many hundreds of million are you in debt to show for it?:hae36:

Chelsea are a financial timebomb in much the same way Hearts are sadly:sad:

We will see come May. Will bring this thread back up then. ;)

TBH, I could not really give a ****.

Still, whatever gets you through the night.

How arrogant are Chelsea.

Went out there thinking that they could win it without even turning up.

And then Drogba and co disgracing their club again at the end by surrounding the referee, try to bully him as always.

Absolutely disgraceful.

No dignity in defeat.

How arrogant are Chelsea.

Went out there thinking that they could win it without even turning up.

And then Drogba and co disgracing their club again at the end by surrounding the referee, try to bully him as always.

Absolutely disgraceful.

No dignity in defeat.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn:rolleyes:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn:rolleyes:

Thats what I do when watching Chelsea.

211_kleenex.JPG

Go on, have a nice blow, and dry your eyes.

FFS, it's english football not Hearts getting beat. Jayzus.

:rolleyes:

Berry you head in the sand as always.

Dont know why I am surprised.

The Real Maroonblood
211_kleenex.JPG

Go on, have a nice blow, and dry your eyes.

FFS, it's english football not Hearts getting beat. Jayzus.

:rolleyes:

Hearts are their second team.

Since the Chelsea fans on here have now all confirmed they don't care as it is only a diddy cup i'm glad it was won by a team that will appreciate it.

Well done Spurs and Ramos. Completely outplayed Chelsea today.

PMSL. Berry. Think you meant Bury...................:rolleyes:

Ahh the classic "I have run out of ideas so I will resort to picking up on people's grammar."

Jog on son, jog on.

Ahh the classic "I have run out of ideas so I will resort to picking up on people's grammar."

Jog on son, jog on.

Education these days..................:eek:

Since the Chelsea fans on here have now all confirmed they don't care as it is only a diddy cup i'm glad it was won by a team that will appreciate it.

Well done Spurs and Ramos. Completely outplayed Chelsea today.

Spot on. We wouldn't have bothered too much if we had won that, we've got bigger competitions to concentrate on. Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy in the slightest we lost.

I still think Spurs went a bit OTT with the celebrations. They did deserve the win though. The better side over 120 minutes.

Spot on. We wouldn't have bothered too much if we had won that, we've got bigger competitions to concentrate on. Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy in the slightest we lost.

I still think Spurs went a bit OTT with the celebrations. They did deserve the win though. The better side over 120 minutes.

Over the top? That is their first trophy in 9 years and I went a bit more mad when we wont the scottish cup. How can you go over the top when celebrating one fo the greatest achievments your club can make. Winning a trophy that you work towards all season.

they go on about miko etc but Drogba must be the biggest diving drama queen ever,well done spurs today,giruy chelsea

:rolleyes: Clearly you missed Nakamura today..............:rolleyes:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Does Ramos get to keep Grant?

He absolutely destroyed him in the tactical battle.

Anelka wide left is hilarious and a great way to ruin one of your most dangerous threats!

Malinga the Swinga

Serves Chelsea right for the way they broughtback terry and Lampard, and left out Ballack and Alex. The two of them are untouchable as far as the English commentators and pundits go, yet today they were largely posted missing.

Also, does it not totally show how the premiership is overrated when Hutton can slot in so easily and look half decent. There would be a few others in the SPl who could easily slot into teams in the top half of the premiership and wouldn't let anyone down. Guys like SW Philips, Bullard, nearly all of Newcastle team, and a lot of others are no more than journeymen pro's who are bummed up to be things they aren't.

In that case I'd say Chelsea went well OTT in looking gutted that they lost. Not to mention half the team manhandling Halsey at the full time whistle.

GIRUY

The Old Tolbooth

OTT????

Chelsea fans are bawbags, they won nothing until the blank cheque book arrived, short memories or what?

Well done Spurs, nice to see them gub chelski and rob them of the only trophy they have a chance of winning this season :)

OTT?

They just won an important trophy. The League Cup carries much more clout than that of the CIS. And Spurs hadn't won anything for 10 years!!!

Anyway it was a win win situation or a lose lose. Depends your thinking. If Chelski won then I would have had ?110 in the back pocket. But also hate they neo-nazis.

Chelsea fans are bawbags, they won nothing until the blank cheque book arrived, short memories or what?

First Division/FA Premier League

Winners: 1955, 2005, 2006

2nd Division

Winners: 1984, 1989

FA Cup

Winners: 1970, 1997, 2000

League Cup

Winners: 1965, 1998, 2005

FA Charity Shield/Community Shield

Winners: 1956, 2000, 2005

Full Members' Cup

Winners: 1986, 1990

UEFA Cup Winners' Cup

Winners: 1971, 1998

UEFA Super Cup

Winners: 1998

FA Youth Cup

Winners: 1960, 1961

:whistling:

;)

Oh dear. I wonder why almost 80% on this poll wanted Spurs to win? That is exactly the sort of arrogant attitude we criticise Old Firm fans for.

I suppose I should feel embarrassed that I went a bit OTT when we won the cup in 1998, as I now realise the Rangers fans probably weren't even bothered.

Decades of dominance have naturally given the Old Firm a feeling of superiority but Chelsea have no such history. 5 years ago I didn't know any Chelsea supporters, but now they're like rats. You're never more than 10 feet from one and they're just as unpleasant.

2nd Division

FA Cup

League Cup

Full Members' Cup

UEFA Cup Winners' Cup

UEFA Super Cup

FA Youth Cup

;)

Yes thats a whole lot of nothing..................:cool:

The Old Tolbooth

2nd Division

FA Cup

League Cup

Full Members' Cup

UEFA Cup Winners' Cup

UEFA Super Cup

FA Youth Cup

;)

You can go right off some folk :confused:

Oh dear. I wonder why almost 80% on this poll wanted Spurs to win? That is exactly the sort of arrogant attitude we criticise Old Firm fans for.

I suppose I should feel embarrassed that I went a bit OTT when we won the cup in 1998, as I now realise the Rangers fans probably weren't even bothered.

Decades of dominance have naturally given the Old Firm a feeling of superiority but Chelsea have no such history. 5 years ago I didn't know any Chelsea supporters, but now they're like rats. You're never more than 10 feet from one and they're just as unpleasant.

Comparing Hearts Scottish Cup win to the Spurs win today is not the same. This was the League Cup, not their equevilant, the F.A. Robbie Keane crying at the end since he won the League Cup? Didn't see many Hibs or Livingston players in tears after their League Cup successes.

What can I say, more people follow successful clubs than unsuccessful one's. Comparing a fellow Hearts supporter to a rat. Shame.

You can go right off some folk :confused:

Pfft.

Next derby at Tynie, You'll be in Robbos shouting, 'are there any boomtownrats in the house?'

FACT. ;)

:laugh:

2nd Division

FA Cup

League Cup

Full Members' Cup

UEFA Cup Winners' Cup

UEFA Super Cup

FA Youth Cup

;)

One or two "diddy" cups in there and some "diddy" crowds to match:

1980-81 (Division Two)

11,569 Chelsea v Cardiff 4/4/81

1981-82 (Division Two)

6,006 Chelsea v Orient 8/5/82

1982-83 (Division Two)

6,677 Chelsea v Carlisle 12/3/83

1983-84 (Division Two)

12,736 Chelsea v Oldham 3/3/84 (Won 3-0 and went TOP!)

But of course all their fans have been watching them from the Shed End since the day they were old enough to be perched on their dad's shoulders :blah:

One or two "diddy" cups in there and some "diddy" crowds to match:

1980-81 (Division Two)

11,569 Chelsea v Cardiff 4/4/81

1981-82 (Division Two)

6,006 Chelsea v Orient 8/5/82

1982-83 (Division Two)

6,677 Chelsea v Carlisle 12/3/83

1983-84 (Division Two)

12,736 Chelsea v Oldham 3/3/84 (Won 3-0 and went TOP!)

But of course all their fans have been watching them from the Shed End since the day they were old enough to be perched on their dad's shoulders :blah:

Every team in the land could point to a period where they suffered from poor attendances.

Rangers, Celtic, Hearts, Hibs, Man Utd, Chelsea and believe it or not even Newcastle united FC.

What can I say, more people follow successful clubs than unsuccessful one's. Comparing a fellow Hearts supporter to a rat. Shame.

I've never met a Hearts fan who also follows Chelsea, so my comments were not aimed at "a fellow Hearts supporter".

Every team in the land could point to a period where they suffered from poor attendances.

Rangers, Celtic, Hearts, Hibs, Man Utd, Chelsea and believe it or not even Newcastle united FC.

Absolutely correct. Newcastle frequently get "Where were you when you were sh*t?" thrown at them (ironic given that they're sh*t now) but, as you say, every team has had its share of low attendances. Most were in the dark days of the 1980s when football and its fans were social outcasts.

People often credit Man City fans for sticking by their team when they fell down the leagues, but that was more to do with timing than loyalty. Their bad years came in the 1990s, by which time Sky and the Premiership had made football fashionable again and every team's crowds increased as a result.

I've never met a Hearts fan who also follows Chelsea, so my comments were not aimed at "a fellow Hearts supporter".

Bully for you Moe..............:rolleyes:

OTT????

Well done Spurs, nice to see them gub chelski and rob them of the only trophy they have a chance of winning this season :)

You could have just stopped the post there john. :P;)

Tottenham are and always will be sc um. :)

Sorry, you're getting mixed up with someone else. Tottenham are class.

Bigger and more successful than Chelsea will ever be. :)

Sorry, you're getting mixed up with someone else. Tottenham are class.

Bigger and more successful than Chelsea will ever be. :)

PMSL. Thats the best one I have heard in ages. :)

Archived